CABs & Abs -- oh yeah, it's Friday, baby!!!!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls, and happy Friday!!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-124.GIF (Yes, this is coming from the person who just had yesterday off.)

Angie :: *lol* about your Boston accent...thanks for the info...I looked up C&W in the catalog...it comes w/ Imax 2. Would you believe I once owned it and then sold it on eBay. (gasp!) Glad to hear Cam is ready to ace those tests. They sure hit the ground runnin'.

Diana :: I have to bow down to you http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-061.gif for being able to hang through such intense workouts despite the discomfort of that cold of yours. It sounds like sinusits. Anyway, GREAT job!...The weight loss is probably a fluke. I must have shocked my body with a massive decrease in calories. *lol* But I'll take it any which way I can get it...Thanks for the info on HIIT; I had no idea it was something different from interval training, which also has the short bursts of intensity. Interesting! I will read up on it this weekend...So HSTA is High Step Training, right? Oh, decisions, decisions! I'll have to preview some clips this weekend. Thanks for the feedback!...and yes, I did smile at the garbage men. They made me laugh as they passed me or I passed them a few times.

Hi Wendy, Laura and Nance! Enjoy your Friday.

I don't know if I'll get back here tonight. I have a chiro appt. after school and then dinner plans tonight. I was going to try to squeeze in B&G (it obviously is not happening this morning), but I may tack it on before my Sunday run instead and just do a bit of stretching or yoga later. This weekend I'll re-evaluate my rotation, incorporating the suggestions from you wise & wonderful ladies!! Thanks, again!!

Good Morning Everyone.

Cathy: Your singing smiley is very cute. I gotta get me some! What site do you use? :) Yes, Kick Butt Boot Camp is a Mindy work out. I had never done anything by here before. I have considered her stuff many many times but just never went through with it. In regards to circuit work outs, being that you are not a stepper and do not have time to learn a complicated routine, Body Fusion could be a good choice for you. You can also consider Low Impact Step as I *think* it has circuit work in it but you should double check that. If the cardio is not tough enough in these you can always raise the step height as well as jump as many moves as you can to increase the intensity while keeping the steps simple. HTH.

Diana: Definately keep a log of what goes on at work. It could be useful in the future. ;) Sorry bootcamp is ending. I presume that it will pick back up next summer? Will you take it again? Glad you are enjoying it so much. Sorry about your throbbing head/mouth but the trooper in you kept going and probably enjoyed it anyway!}(

Angie: Glad the fridge is done. I hate cleaning the fridge. I don't do it often. I will go through and throw out old food and such but to actually get in there and wash down the surfaces, I am really bad about it. :-(

Laura: Love the hair! How did class go last night?

So I never got around to doing the cover letter AGAIN y'day. I will try again today....
I am hoping to get to the gym this morning for Tread n Tush. I think I will take my rest day tmrw and then do my final run of the week on Sunday since I am running today but ofcourse you know that is subject to change at ANY time!}( :p :+

Have a great morning ladies!:)

Mornin' all

Still tackling the to-do list and am thinking of just sending it to Cathy so that it will get done!:7 I thought I would make good progress on it today but the boys informed me last night that they only had a half day today b/c of teacher development classes this afternoon.x( I never seem to get anything done when they are home. At least there are no sports practices or games tonight so we will be staying home for a change.:) Maybe I'll try and sweet talk Cam into getting his room done today instead of wasting Sunday to do it. I'm sure I'll have to make some type of "deal" with him.:D

Diana - BC sounds like it was a definite challenge! Are all of the original people who signed up still going or have you had a lot of drop outs? I'll bet you were glad to get it out of the way. You're one tough cookie!!
Thanks for the info. on HIIT. I'm still trying to figure this whole concept out. I've heard on the main board that IMAX's are NOT HIIT b/c the HR doesn't get low enough during rest periods. As far as the entire length of the w/o....I did not know they were 20-30 minutes in length. So, I wonder if CC's are considered HIIT then? I thought they were.
Thanks for he offer on the VHS w/o. The ones on my wish list are L&G, HSTA, and KPC. You know, you could get $$$$ on those by selling them on e-bay. ;-)

Cathy - Wow - down 4#!:eek: :) :+ That's awesome! Congrats on that one.
I was watching clips last night on my wish-list w/o. Cathe has such great clips....they are so long so that you're really able to get a good idea about a w/o before you buy.
Have a great dinner this evening.;-)

Wendy - Hope you get that cover letter done. Any ideas on a specific place you would like to work?
Saturday as a rest day - Nice!:)
What are your weekend plans?

Hi Laura and Nancy - what do you girls have planned for the weekend?

BBL

Angie

Morning Ladies ...

Cathy .. loving the new animated faces .. TOO CUTE!!! ... yes .. and HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!! TGIF .. finally .. after one H### of a work week!!

Diana .. hoping work is better on this Friday ..and YUCK on getting the phones .. I HATE THAT .. you are already busy and then people designate you to catch THEIR phones which you don't have time at all to do .. YUCK!x(

Angie .. been meaning to tell you IA w/Wendy .. Byron Baptiste is THE best yoga videos out there!! the Power Hour and his Live series are the best of the best ... LOVE him!!:)

Wendy ... how did the last PT session go . or did I miss that?? Bet you are whipping those girls in shape!!

Well last night's lower body went better than expected .. WOOOO HOOO .. I modified everything .. but for the first time was able to step on a step of 3 risers w/o pain :) ... so I am getting there .. thank goodness .. b/c the skinny pants are fitting now .. :eek: .. so gotta get to some cardio .. I am going to ATTEMPT Low Max again .. or maybe a TM workout tommorrow .. today is rest and DATE NIGHT}( .. LOL ..

VBF called this morning complaining of how sore she was .. and SIL fussed at me after class ... said she could not feel her legs .. LOL .. so guess the workout was a good one!
}(

Oh .. and thanks for the compliments on the hair .. I LOVE IT .. DH has not seen it yet :eek: .. he was on 3 - 11 shift .. I am asleep when he gets in and he is asleep when I leave .. today he is off .. so boy will he have a shock when I drive up tonight! LOL .. I still want to get a better picture of it ..

Ok girlies I am off to conquer the work day. . maybe it will be a good one for all of us!! remember to workout some extra for me!! I will be there soon I can feel it .. :D have a great day .. and I will try to check in later .. and this weekend on the dinosaur - dial up -computer at home!!:7

Hi Ladies,

The rotation called for bootcamp this morning but I lent that dvd to a friend so I subbed with LIC. I have done so many premixes of the latest w/o's it was nice to do it as produced this morning. I can't remember who asked, but some of us started BC in June and have been going all summer. We did have some leave and some new people each month.

Cathy-LIC is a circuit workout. It only has 3 cardio sections but I would say one of the cardio is a little tricky. I'm always surprised that I've been able to pick up Cathe's choreography. I looked at the new dvd clips and wonder "how long will it take me to get that down", and also "that looks like so much fun". Enjoy your rest day and dinner out!

Wendy-I will definitely take bootcamp next summer. It is already dark by 7:30 and that's only half way through the class. Last night's WU was 4 times around the soccer field and doing 10 pushups at each corner of the field. We also did relays thatwere quite fun.

Angie-Interval workouts are still quite challenging and good for you too. My VHS w/o are oldies, but goodies (S&H, Pure Strength, CTX, MIS, MIC, Bodymax), I think that's it. I need to clean out my basement and just can't bring myself to throw them away, even though they've been replaced with dvd's.

Laura-Glad to hear you are finally starting to feel better. Good job burning those legs last night. Have a great date night tonight!

Nancy-Happy Friday!!!!

Diana

Hello Ladies.

Tread n Tush didn't happen as the appropriate TMs were not available. I opted for IClimb Core Cardio instead. Good work out.
My plan is to get the gym or the park this weekend for a 3 mile run and I also need a Tony fix so plan on doing Legs and Back at some point as well. }(

I ended up emailing my mom the draft of my cover letter and she said it's fine so I will begin addressing them this weekend.

Cathy-I was going to send the cover letter to you but I just figured since my mom has a computer at her disposal at work she'd answer me back faster. Thanks for the offer to help though!:)

Angie-Can I add a few things to that to do list before you send it on over to Cathy? ;) I have a few pages worth of gyms with in a 10 mile radius of me that I have to choose from. I will pick 10 and send them out, wait a week or so to see what happens and then send to 10 more if need be. The only specific idea I have at this point as far as where to work is that I'd like to start off in an all women's facility if I can.

Laura-The PT sessions have been going well. My BF weighed in this past week and she's lost about 5 pounds in 2 weeks! I'm VERY happy about that. It's very exciting for both of us!:)

Diana-LIC is a great work out. ITA about Cathe's choreo. It can be very tricky and I too was surprised when I was able to finally pick it up. Starting out with Basic Step and Body Fusion was the key for me. After that it just took a little time and patience....EXCEPT for the 3rd combo of RS...That one is forever beyond me!x(

Hey girls! :)

Wendy :: I use GetSmile or Smiley Repository: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/ Thanks, I will check out LIS, too. I thought Body Fusion might be good because it comes with Basic Step, which would probably be good for me to get better at that danged thing.

Angie :: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/hahaha-024.gif Funny. But I have an all-new to-do list for the weekend…and it's, uh, full. *lol* BUT I refuse to even think about until tomorrow :)…Enjoy a sports-free night!

Laura :: glad to hear last night’s step was pain-free…enjoy your rest day & date night!

Diana :: I do have LIC and like that one a lot as far as step routines go...It was HSTA I was wondering about…I only saw HST in the catalog and wasn’t sure if it’s one and the same…The step routine on the new w/outs, I must confess, does NOT appeal to me at all. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-021.gif

Have a great night, girlies! TTY in the AM!

Cathy-well the step in HST is not complicated at all. You can definitely do this one. I think the name is High Step Training Advanced, however in the catalog it could be HST. Oh-I think the new step routines look fun fun fun:) :) That doesn't mean I'll get them right-right of the shoot.

Wendy-Apparently you and your BF are doing great. Keep up the good work. I think an all female gym would be a great place to start. It would also allow you to build up your confidence.

Angie-I'm jealous, Jerod has football and I have bootcamp.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Diana

Thanks, Diana! I just ordered HSTA, HS Challenge, Body Fusion, and the high step topper. (I have been using the ol' fanny lifter.)

So, girls ~ how do you think this looks?

Week 1
Monday: DM
Tues: run + abs
Wed: yoga, stretch, or rest
Thurs: run + abs
Fri: LIC
Sat: LL + run
Sun: run + abs

Week 2
Monday: yoga, stretch, or rest
Wed: Body Fusion
Fri: HST
Sat: GS Legs + run

Week 3
Wed: HSC
Fri: BC
Sat: B&G + run

Week 3
Wed: LIC
Fri: Body Fusion
Sat: Legs & Glutes + run

I know there's no k'boxing in it, but I figure I may need to sub for runs once in awhile - if I can't get home before it's dark or if it's raining.

TIA for any feedback!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.