Cabs And Abs Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Cabbers.

I'm up and hopin' to be at the gym for 8am when the babysitting room opens. I want to get my run outta the way bright n early today. There's no real reason for it except that it feels GREAT to get the exercsie done EARLY on the occassions that I can push my arse to do it! LOL :p

Ang: Nope, not doin' a Cathe rotation. Hardly ever do them. I can't stick to them very well! LOL I'm just doing the CTX weight work in a 2 day split formation, doing 3 upper body parts one day and the other 2 upper plus legs another day with abs thrown in wherever it works for me. :) I did shoulders, chest and back (in that order) yesterday and OMG I was ready to seriously CRY on the chest work! YIKES! I had to do the first set of push ups mostly on my knees and had to SKIP the second set entirely! :confused: I guess I need this endurance rotation, huh? LOL So anyway, doing it this way leaves me plenty of time to get in my 4 runs and my yoga/pilates class at the gym each week. I will only have to double up on my work outs ONE day each week and that's when I take my class which is no big deal. I could even take the class on a seperate day and call it my rest day if I want/need to. :)
I can't even consider a complete rest week until after my race in October. Perhaps I will entertain the thought as something I could do for the week after my race. If it goes well I will need to start training for a full marathon pretty quickly but I'd have the time to take a week's break I'm sure. So MAYBE I'll do it. No promises though! LOL :p With my luck that week will land right in PMS week too! AAAAHHHHH!:eek:
Glad you had fun at the party. So you have a final long weekend of camping this weekend? Is it on your property or elsewhere? ENJOY IT!
Sorry about the airline fiasco. What a pain in the arse that is! I hope that company doesn't try anything funny with your information!
HSTA...aaahhhhh....that work it is one of my favorite Cathe circuits cause it's soooooo tough! The endless leg presses are boring but the upper body work in that work out is KILLER! It's no wonder you were still sore yesterday!!!!

Well, looks like I'm caught up. This thread was not exactly HOPPIN' yesterday! LOL

BBL!

Last edited:
Calling all cabbers! Where are you girls!?!?

I went to the gym and ran 5.85 miles to ITread 9/60 mins. Fast fast fast and flat. WOW! I was beat and drenched after that one! Then I showered up and took Joey to the park for a bit. Now I'm back here to relax a bit before lunch and some house work. Oh joy. LOL

BBL to see if anyone has popped in!

Faye is a B####

OMG ... Fay is STILL battering us!!! Yes I did have the party .. had a decent turn out .. but some of my best friends could not make it .. the roads were blocked by downed trees. We had several trees down on our road but my brother cut them up and got them off the highway .. we had wind .. and rain ..but further south from us really took a hit!! We never lost power:eek: ... and LOTS of FOOD and CABS were consumed by everyone .. yes my head was HURTING yesterday ... had it bad .. note to self: dont drink margaritas w/beer anymore!!!:confused:

Yesterday I rolled out of bed almost at lunch time .. :eek: .. work had been calling me .. wanting me on a storm team .. OMG .. NOT doable .. I certainly was in no shape to drive or work ... so I stayed on the couch!! :confused:

today we are still getting pounded .. tornado warning everywhere .. looks like the outter band has moved away .. we should have a break ..then the inner bad will catch us again .. aaahhhhhh .. I may have to work tonight ... ???

so it is crazy inane in here .. and I have gotta run .. but will try to BBL to check in w/everyone for personals!! C-ya!:)

Sending HUGS and SAFE VIBES your way Laura! Sounds like it's pretty intense and scarey by you right now! I hope it turns out alright! Glad you were able to have the party despite nasty ol' Fay! You sure know how to make the best of a bad situation! LOL Sorry 'bout the hangover. We've all been there! Last several years I have prided myself on being able to have a good time with out being dysfunctional the next day. Perhaps a slight headache or feeling tired or off but haven't had a REAL hangover in years. *knock on wood* I wonder how long I can keep this up!? LOL

So I ended up kickin' it in big time with ITread 9/60 mins this morning. I needed the stress relief and boy did it help! It's a butt kickin' 60 minutes of speed with very little rest! :eek: After that Joey and I went to the park for a bit. Now we are hangin' out and I'm makin' lunch as I type this.

I'll be back later to see if anyone else pops in!

ok .. we got a break ..

the sun came out for one minute .. we are in between bands right now .. just in time to deliver food to our linemen!! Bless their hearts! the inner band is probably only about an hour away .. it is coming .. but then hopefully that should be the roughest of it for a while!

Wendy ... I rarely have hangovers either .. I am usually a beer only kinda girl .. but I had the grand idea to make up SEVERAL batches of margaritas .. the REAL kind . . not the mix .. :confused: .. YIKES ... they are now off my list of things to drink ... I am gonna stick w/my safe Coors lights from now on!! Guess the party .. the weather .. the fact I KNEW I did not have to "drive" .. all played a part in my over indulging!!

Glad you got some good w/o's in .. b/c this one didn't do a dang thing yesterday .. although Fri and SAt was MAJOR cleanmax . . boy did my house look good ... and in fact STILL looks good .. except for the floors ..

Ang .. I read about the flight booking fiasco .. man .. that is horrible .. we let vacatiointogo.com book our flight w/the vacation .. it was so easy ... and they were able to choose the seating arrangment too .. sorry for the mess .... that has got to be infuriating!!

Di .. I did my brother's wedding reception .. and even though it was a small event .. OMG ... I was spent!! couldn't enjoy it b/c I was too busy and too tired ... it is a big undertaking ...but WTG .. glad your DS was able to lend her yard and talents!!;)

OK .. better run .. if I dont have to work I plan on teaching class .. thinking maybe a strength training circuit .. b/c my brain is still kinda weary!! LOL ...

Will try to check back w/you b-4 5 ... about to get ready for the next round of trouble and calls!! have a great one .. from your wet -soaking - CAB one too many drinking - so tired of Fay ... Southern cyber-bud Laura!!!

Laura: I am not a Margarita girl. I once drank waaaay too many Tequila shooters at a party. I have never been so sick in my LIFE! :eek: That beging aid, you rarely catch drinkin' ANYTHING with Tequila in it anymore! I do, however, enjoy Daqueries. My mom got a great recipe from a waiter in the Bahamas when we went there years ago for REAL strawberry daqueries that are TO DIE FOR! OMG they are soooo good! :)

Monday pm

Hey ..

well looking like I am gonna have to work tonight :( ?? no "official" word yet though .. but boss said we probably would ... ??... somehow we have got to feed about 250 linemen!!:confused:

had some more scares .. tornado warnings everywhere again .. one was spotted in a nearby town and they had it going straight to my house .. scared me to death DH was home .. he said he could hear it .. but it must have been in the air ... thank God ... then about 15 min later .. I just be dang if another one popped up and went the exact some path .. but it dissapeared b-4 reaching my house .. thank God!

I thought we would be done w/the bad stuff .. but looks like there is one more line of rough stuff coming at us within the next couple of hours ..

Where are all the CABBERS Wendy??

well .. wish me luck .. maybe I will get outta here and be able to teach tonight ... I NEED to sweat some of the alcohol I consumed out .. GEEZE ... I will probalby smell like a brewery!! :eek:

Hola Cabbers

Was a normal Monday here but had to take Maggie in to work with me, so things went slowly and I ended up staying later than normal. Once she's 6 months old, I think she will be old enough to be able to stay home alone in her crate, but I don't want to push it too much right now at her age. I don't want her poor bladder to explode.:eek:
I got home and gave her a bath and then did C&W. I'm not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow's workout yet. I have to pack and I also told MIL I would take her blueberry picking.:D I love blueberries!! We'll take the boys too so we can get lots and then freeze them. Yummy!!

Laura - OMG that must've been so scary! I'll bet your babies were going nuts. Your DH was probably a bit nervous too eh? Do you have a disaster plan at your house? I have thought thru what I would do if a tornado was coming and where I would go, but I'll bet you all have to worry about that more than we do. So glad everything is allright and no harm done.
Sounds like the party was a success.:cool: I hate those hangovers! It's been a while since I've had a doozy, but I feel for ya. They take me out for the entire day. It's weird too, when I was at the race, I drank like a fish and didn't have any ill effects. I got home a week later and had 4 drinks, and had a headache the next morning. It wasn't a huge headache, but still........ I don't mix my CABs anymore either. I think my last real hangover was a mix of wine and beer.:(:eek: Never again!!
Hope you didn't have to work too late. How the heck did you feed all those people?
OK, a question for you. We didn't go with vacationstogo for the flight b/c BF said they won't give us flgith departure times. That just didn't sit well with her and preferred to pick her flight times, which is why we did it that way. Was that not the case for you? Was it cheaper to have them book it all?

Wendy - Good for you in getting that w/o in early. It does feel good to get it out of the way, even though I rarely do.
Wha??? You can't stick to a Cathe rotation? Who knew?? LOL!! Awww, you know I'm just teasing. I love how you are such a workout free spirit.;)
Yes, the chest work in the CTX series is ouchie. I lack in chest and shoulder strength, so I'm always happy to get those 2 out of the way.
Heed the warning.......DON'T attempt to go on an exercise vacation when PMS strikes!!:eek::mad::p Your poor DH paid me to post that warning. *lol*
Hmmmmm - how about posting that daquari receipe??:D

We are actually going north to a fair to go camping. DH has a 3 day tractor pull. Needless to say I will be bringing a book and CABs. Otherwise, I'd be bored to tears.:confused: But the kids have fun at the fair and at the pull and everyone just kind of does their own thing. It's a nice time for everyone, except that I usually get stuck with the cooking and cleaning up. Nothing new there. Hopefully we'll get down to our property for a couple of weekends after the kids go back to school, although time is starting to run short. It got down to the 40's last night already and is supposed to do the same tonight. It's a bit early for that, but the leaves are already just starting to turn and the scent of fall is definitely in the air.:( Don't get me wrong, I love fall, but summer still has a couple of weeks left!!

Hi Di - hope all is OK with you.

Got a long day ahead of me tomorrow...better get to bed. Night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.