Cabs and Abs Happy Hump Day!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps!:)

Last night's training with my BF went EXTREMELY well! I created a great program for her. We are BOTH very happy so far. :) I've already possibly picked up another client! This gal works with BF is who is considering buddying-up with her(like my mom was originally gonna do) and training with me soon!!!!:+ :+ :+

Laura: So this is the SECOND time you've broken your tail bone!? OUCHEES! Poor thing!:(

Angie: Shhhhh! The push ups and pull ups are our little secret. I do not want to scare her away!:7

I have to work this morning and then it's home to tackle ME!}(

BBL!

Morning, girls :) :) :)

Thanks for the feedback on the dresses. I ordered shoes through Zappos yesterday, and they should arrive today. (If, that is, UPS delivers this time…The VS dress is still MIA.) Anyway, I’ll be glad to have this out of the way. It’s going to be an extremely busy year for me, and I do not want to have to stress about these things during the school year. The only thing I am holding off on buying just yet is a new swimsuit, which I'll need.

Laura :: I’m so sorry about the tailbone…Ugh! A stainless steel screw??? It definitely lost its humor now. Hope you’re feeling a little better today…The forced rest is frustrating but sounds wise…I was hoping to find a low-to-medium heeled peep-toe slingback…I have a pair in black from a couple of seasons ago at Ann Taylor Loft, which I just love, but no luck.

Diana :: sorry about your bad day at work on Monday ~ are things better?…Glad you liked S&L…Awww, two girls! Congratulations! And glad to hear mom and babies are doing well.

Angie :: *lol* about the “hey, sensuous” line…I do not suffer from shin splints…I did have a bout of ‘em years ago when I first started running…ice and rest…try not to do too much too soon…you might be tempted because you are very fit from Cathe & Tony, but you do need to ease into running…I had a friend who was an avid cyclist, very fit…he joined for me a 5K and went all-out…wound up on crutches because he overdid it. Did something to his knees. This is a sport where you have to learn to listen carefully to your body to avoid injury.

Wendy :: So glad the first session was a success and you’re already drumming up more business – fantastic!! Enjoy ME today!

Yesterday afternoon we lost power for a couple of hours thanks to a car accident, and once it was restored, I decided for some reason to do Gin Miller’s Simply Interval step workout for the first time instead. Not Cathe intensity but a decent intermediate w/out. So, I’ll be doing yesterday’s workout today -- GS Legs (but I’m gonna do the whole thing, not TS#1 as originally planned). I thought I’d go for it first thing this morning, but I woke up with a dang headache again (boo!) and I’d rather wait til it passes. I want to BRING IT, not do a half-hearted workout. So it’ll be the chiro and schoolwork all day and workout in the afternoon.

Sorry if I'm boring you gals with this stuff, but here are the shoes I ordered:
http://www.zappos.com/images/731/7318280/6219-418695-d.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/images/734/7340032/6220-463779-t.jpg

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

WOO HOO Wendy ... sounds like the first session was a raving success .. I would hold out on the push up/pull up thingie ... LOL .. I NEVER tell my class when I am going to do push up torture b/c I would not have any students .. yeah .. spring it on them when they are getting a little "cocky" ... LOL ...

Have a feeling the more people see you training people the more you will have that will inquire about sessions .. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!

Cathe .. I like the first pair of shoes .. they are both cute .. but the top pair looks dressier .. SIL loves wedge heels . . I would break my neck on them .. LOL!!

Diana .. hope you have a better work day today .. hey w/2 girls on the way .. time to start braggin rights!! LOL

Angie .. I loved the "sensuous" line too ... LOL .. my DH would have fell out if he heard that pulled on me!! LOL too funny ..

well could tell the full moon was in FULL SWING yesterday .. man what a weird night ... first found out an old friend from college got killed yesterday .. electricuted supposedly .. then got 1/2 good news that my friend w/cancer the Dr.'s are "optimistic" on the chemo treatments althought they can not operate .. then while waiting for DH to come home from fishing my cousin (whom I have not seen in years) dropped in frantic .. that a log truck was broken down in a curve down from my house .. he was scared it was going to be a bad accident .. so naturally I freak out trying to get DH on the cell to warn him ... cousin wanted some kind of tool to fix something on the truck .. (like I know anything about that) .. anyway .. he finds the tool .. I get DH and all works out fine .. but MAN what a weird night!:eek:

anyway ... just hoping today is not as weird .. but the full moon brings them out of the woodwork for some reason!

OK .. better run .. exercise for me girls!!! I have not reached the ill factor just yet .. but can feel my nerves on edge. have a great one!!:7

Just came back from the chiro and will dive back into the lesson planning shortly... Interesting, this lady wants me to get a brain MRI now...thinks there is a correlation between the headaches & double vision...I sure am keeping the docs in business these days.

Laura :: you did have a weird night last night...I'm sorry about your college friend...electrocution...man! What an awful way to die...but the doctor's optimism re: your friend is good news, I think...any more info on the tumor? Is it benign but in a bad spot for surgery?...Glad DH made it home safe. Sometimes there is just something freaky & ominous in the air...I have a feeling when your tailbone heals, your girls in class are going to PAAAAAAAYY bigtime! }(

Both shoes arrived - love 'em both! I have the espadrilles on now as it seems they will need a breaking-in period.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

yeah Cathe .. ominous is a good way to describe the feeling ..

re: electrocution .. she had some chicken houses .. and supposedly one of the fans stopped working and she went out and tried to fix it .. and they are not sure if the wiring made the house "hot" .. or if she touched something "hot" .. but they said her face is unrecognizable .. just horrible!!

re: friend's cancer ... not sure on the tumor .. I am hoping maybe they are thinking the chemo will shrink or destroy the tumor .. ?? the family is so private .. all we can do is take the only thing positive we have heard and go with it .. keep praying and sending her positive energy!!

re: tailbone .. OH YEAH .. class is gonna pay big time .. it feels a bit better today .. but can't sit straight or get up too fast .. and to sneeze .. OMG ... makes me want to cry .. and have you ever tried to stop yourself from sneezing .. NOT an easy job!x(

did not know you had double vision Cathe .. oh how horrible .. when I get a migrain my vision blurs .. but not sure you would say it was double vision .. bless your heart .. hope they can find out what is going on!!!

Laura, oh my gosh...I'm so horrified for your friend who passed...did she have a husband & children?...awful, awful, awful!

Continued prayers & good vibes comin'...

I can just imagine how painful your every move is...So are you slouched down in your chair, hiding from the patients? ;)

I never thought there could be a connection between the migraines/regular headaches and double vision...they don't occur at the same time...I do get blurred vision at the onset of migraines, but what I am talking about with my eyes is different. The eyes actually cross for split seconds at a time...my eye doc thought it was a muscular issue, and I did computerized eye "rehab" to learn how to compensate for it...it's gotten better but the "crossing" still occurs...ultimately, though, the only way to stop it, in his view, would be surgery...The migraines kicked in in my mid 20s...but the double vision thing has been more recent...I'd say it's been happening for, oh, I don't know, maybe the past five years. The puzzling thing was the two times this summer that I had migraines occur on the same day of a chiro adjustment. Makes me think that maybe she is onto something - that it is nerve-related. I always thought the migraines were just hormonal. ?? I don't know. At any rate, the MRI is tomorrow morning already, so maybe that will shed some light.

So where is everyone else today?

Am making good progress on the planning. Have outlines for plans through December and expect to have them filled in by the weekend.

Hey!

I just wanted to pop in and say that I haven't forgotten about you ladies! ME is done and now I'm working on dinner. I'll be back a bit later for personals!

Until then!:*

Hi Everyone,

I think I'm having a bad week or maybe just an emotional breakdown. I just want to cry, I hate my job etc. I don't know what's going on. The anniversary of my mom's death is coming up as well as my birthday. I think something is wrong with me. No workout for me this morning, no reason-just didn't feel like it. I need to snap out of this and soon!

Wendy-That is great news, you've already picked up another client:) Word of mouth is the best advertising!

Cathy-I really like the strappy heel. You are so organized-I need to take some tips from you. I guess being a teacher you always plan ahead.

Laura-Sorry for your loss. One of my uncles and his daughter (my cousin) were electrocuted. It was terrible. On the up side, I'm praying the chemo is successful for your friend. I hope your tb feels better soon!

Angie-what are you doing today?

Nancy-Shout out to you Ms. Nancy and hope all is well with you and your family.

Diana

Diana ..

re: your funk! anniversary's of deaths tend to sneak up on you .. even if you are not thinking about it .. I know the anniversary of my father's passing always sneaks up on me .. I will find myself mad at the world .. and then pitching a crying fit and not know why .. then realize .. oh yea ..... you know?

PLUS .. the freaking FULL MOON!! I swear that does affect people's moods .. actions .. etc .. My brother always says you can count on it .. when the full moon come there will be more murders, deaths and stupid crimes without a doubt! My RN friend says she hates working in the emergency room during a full moon b/c it never fails it will be nonstop insanity!!

so come on .. cut yourself some slack .. you are not loosing it .. (leave that up to me here at the asylum).. so SNAP OUT OF IT .. LOL... maybe some CABS and pampering are in order!!!! that always helps me out of my funks!!

hang in there ... give yourself a break .. and thinking calming thoughts .. along w/some deep breaths .. (maybe a spa treatment is in order ????)

Hang in there .. this week has been a rough one for me too!!! We are gonna make it .. I KNOW IT!!!!

:7

Diana :: BIG (((HUGS))) to you! You have a lot going on right now. I'm sure that, on top of everything else, the babies bring some stress along with the joy, too. I agree that deep breaths and pampering are in order. How about a massage and pedi? Something to help you escape for a couple of hours. Can you take a vacation day or two just to get away from the office for a bit? Hang in there! A long weekend, at least, is coming! And don't worry about letting a couple of workouts go. If you've seen Risky Business, then you know Booger's classic line to Joel (Tom Cruise): "Joel, sometimes ya just gotta say..." I am not really well-organized by nature, but teaching *has* taught me to plan ahead better.

Laura :: it *is* bizarre the way the moon affects people. PLUS, we had an eclipse this week - everybody take cover!!!!

Nancy :: if you're reading, just want to let you know, I'm thinking of you, too, and hoping things are better for you.

Ang :: Yo, Ang ~ where ya at? :)

Just finished GS Legs a little while ago - wow, whatta burn. I'd forgotten how much I love that workout. Now I'm gonna head out for a run on these jello legs.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

I'm back! Dinner is done. We had baked ziti..DH has been buggin' me for it!:9 I made it with part skim mozzerella and ricotta cheeses though. If I were makin' it for myself I would have made it with ww pasta but DH won't eat that and I didn't even have any on hand to make myself a little with that instead of regular pasta so I compromised and ate the regular stuff this time!:p

Cathy: Good job on GS Legs! Hope you have a great run as well. :)

Laura: Yikes, sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing that happened. So sickening and sad. ;(

Diana: Don't sweat the mood you are in lately...It will pass. I get into funks as well but they "shake off" in due time. (((hugs)))

Angie: What's up, girl? Wanna come train with me? It'll be all push ups and pull ups JUST FOR YOU!:p LOLOL

So I've got my BF on tap for training friday night and then the plan right now is to train her and the other gal on tuesday night. WOOH!}(

I am sitting here listening to my son argue with his father over his toys. LOL DH will ask DS if he can borrow one of his favorite toys and so ofcourse DS gets upset and says no!:7 DS is good at sharing but NOT with his own personal favorites. Then he has a bad habit of NOT sharing and DH wants to break him of this habit. :)

Okay, gotta for now but I'll pop back in later before bed.

Just droppin' in once more to report my run is done. 3.1 good, solid miles. The leg training is paying off in more ways than one because even after GS Legs, I felt strong out there. :) :) :) Makes me happy.

Wendy :: I'm smiling about Joey and his toys...I think it's great that you & DH are working on that with him. You sound like such great parents!...Mmm, the real deal ziti...sounds good...So are you set to train both ladies 2x a week at this point?

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

Hi girls

I can't tell you how darn busy this day was.}( :( x( Geez - I'm just now sittin down and it's time for bed. After work, I had to pack as much as I could and start the last of the laundry before heading out bright and early tomorrow morning for camping. I also had to make spinach dip and chili to take with us. I just couldn't skip my w/o so I did X L&B along with the ab routine from Great Body. Then, I went to drop Cody off at football practice and was instructed that we were to do a candle selling blitz for the team for a fundraiser.:( I was hind of counting on that time to finish packing. I was not looking forwar to it at all, but it really wasn't that bad. He actually sold 10 candles at $8 a piece. I was impressed. Didn't get home until almost 8:30 and had to eat dinner and finish everything up. }( I'm spent.......

Wendy - that is great about your first session and possibly a new client already!! ;-) :) Sounds like you are really enjoying this.
I did ME earlier this week....and complained about the bicep section. Hope you feel the pain too.:eek:
NO! I do not want to train with you!:7 }( :+ :p LOL Tony and Cathe inflict enough torture......I don't think I would make it through one of your pushup/pullup frenzies.:eek:

Cathy - Thanks for the running tips. You are right - I tend to push it b/c that's what I am used to with Cathe and Tony. I'll have to chill out more with the running. I packed my running shoes and my bike for vacation so hopefully I can get an even mix of the two, so I won't overdo on either one.
Love the shoes - how the heck do you get pics into your posts? Can you just cut and paste?
I liked your Risky Business quote.....haven't seen that movie in ages but I remember exactly the scene your are referring to...lol.
You certainly got a quick appointment for the MRI. I hope you find some answers to your problems. I'll be anxious to hear how it turns out for you.:)

Laura - Yup - I think it was the lunar eclipse. Weird stuff for sure.
Next time you and DH are sittin around having some CABs, try using the sensuous line on him!:eek: I'm sure he'll find it amusing. At least it's asking nicely for a drink.......well, kind of.:7
About the sneezing - ouch! The next time you feel a sneeze coming on, plug your nose. It works if you have the pre-sneeze warning.

Diana - I'm so sad to hear the pain in your post. It seems like you are dealing with an awful lot right now without much of a break in sight. {{{hugs}}}
The previous posted ideas sound like they might help you. A good pampering, no matter what it is sounds in order. Maybe even curl up with a hot cup of flavored coffee and a good book for a couple of hours? Just something to escape for a short time if you can't take a vacation. A good movie might do the trick too. I hope you get a 3-day weekend to look forward to.

Nancy - We're still here and pulling for you. Chime in whenever you feel like it. You are missed.;-)

Well, now it is my bedtime. Since everything was packed in such a rush, I'm hoping I didn't forget anything. Oh well, it should be fun. I probably won't be back until Sunday.....so wishing all of you a teriffic holiday weekend with plenty of CABs!!;-)

Night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.