CABs, Abs and Girls Who Gab -- Saturday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girls :)

Laura :: I'm sorry that the news seems to be getting more grim about your friend. She sounds like a fun and strong individual who would want everyone to enjoy tonight, so I hope that you all can focus on the positives for this night. Some good laughs will be good for the soul. The cake, BTW, sounds perfect. Makes me want a slice. *lol*

Did PH yesterday afternoon and have some DOMS in the chest. I haven't done that one often, but it is a good, solid endurance w/out. Today will be a run + the KM drills, but it'll have to wait til later in the evening. We're back to extreme humidity, and I'm just not up for an AM run. I didn't sleep well and am not feeling 100%. I went out w/ some friends last night, and we indulged in cheese fries and some kind of junky appetizer platter, and that was on the heels of generally bad eating all day long, all week long. The garbage has caught up.

Something interesting to share: I have been participating in an online professional book club this summer, and one of the many topics has been technology and some of the limitations we face within our individual school districts. Well, the editors of the book - who are highly-regarded, well-known experts in the field of language arts education - have been subscribing to the list-serve but have not been corresponding. The other day when my discussion board project was tabled for consideration, I posted briefly to the book club about what had happened and remarked that this was another example of the roadblocks you encounter when you try to incorporate technology. I'm sure my frustration came through. Well, the next day, I had emails sent to me offlist from two of the three editors of the book! I nearly dropped off my chair. To other people, this would be like conversing with Brad and Angelina. Their emails were so encouraging and supportive and inspiring, I was just terribly moved. I could not believe they took the time to offer a discouraged stranger words of wisdom and support. I'm still feeling wowed. Just had to share and want to thank you guys for YOUR support. It does mean a lot. Those warm fuzzies go a long way.

Well, have a great day, great workouts! I'll be poppin' in to see what you're up to.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Good morning all

Cathy - You always come up with such cute titles!;-) You are obviously a creative person.
That is so cool about the replies you got. So, did they offer any words of wisdom to help you cut thru the red tape? It must be so inspiring to hear from those who you consider the experts. So, there is a silver lining even if the project is stalled for the time being. Just remember this....persistence beats resistence every time! This little saying has almost always rang true with me. Hope it helps you a little.
PH is no joke! I call that my shakey leg workout.x( By the time I get to upper body on that one my lower body is shakin'. I did MM yesterday and it reminds me a lot of PH. I figured since I knew today would be my rest day that I'd better do something I needed to rest from. Cody has a football game today so we have to leave at noon and I still need to go get groceries and finish a load of laundry before we go. I guess I'd better pack a cooler with some fruits and veges too.

Laura - I hope you all had a good time last night despite the bad news. It is such a terrible thing to have to deal with. I wish I could offer some words of wisdom. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Diana, Wendy and Nancy - have a wonderful and relaxing Saturday!

Hopefully I'll get back later tonight to see what you all have been up to. The Bristol race starts at 7:30 on TV so we hoping to get home shortly after that from the football game.:) I'm sure you will all be watching too. ;-) It's the best race of the season.....but you all knew that too.:7

Later gators

Angie

Good Morning to Cathy, Angie and all who follow. :)

I just finished Barry's Boot Camp Full Body work out. That thing kicks my arse every time!!!}(

DH and DS left around 9:15 this morning to head up to my MIL's house. DH is helping FIL fix MIL's sink. He was going to leave DS with me but SIL asked for him to come visit as well. DS was supposed to come back home this afternoon with DH but now he is spending the night there and we will go for dinner tmrw afternoon and pick him up. I am soooo lucky, spoiled, blessed...whatever word you choose is fine with me ;).....to have relatives close by that are not only more then willing to take him overnight at our request but who also ASK to keep him!:D I miss him when he's not around but I must admit that I LOVE the breaks too. :)

Soooo, I am going to be heading off to the grocery store soon. I promised DH that I would make him his favorite meal this weekend so I need to pick up a few things for it. I also promised him I would make homemade sauce for him. He's an italian boy and LOVES the homemade sauce but this polak doesn't make it very often!:eek: Since I have a whole day to myself I am going to be nice and do both today. As it turns out I will be making enough of the meal (a chicken dish) to bring to MIL's tmrw afternoon so that she doesn't have to cook. The meal is super unclean but I'll just have to FORCE myself to eat a bit of it 2 days in a row!;)

Oh, btw, I hung out last night with my the friend who I had that argument with. He finally told me what was up. It's no big deal so I don't know why he didn't just tell me right away. We could have avoided all of the drama in the first place! MEN!:p

Okay, I will stop chewing your "ears" off now...gotta get showered and head out to the store. While my culinary masterpieces (HA HA!) are cooking my plan is to clean the house but ofcourse several breaks are required while cleaning so I am sure I will be back!:p

Happy Saturday!:+

Angie :: thanks. :) I like that: "persistence beats resistance." I'm listening to that. The authors did make some suggestions, but more than anything, they basically encouraged me not to give up...PH is now talking to me in my triceps...I wonder where else I'll be feelin' it...I agree, MM is a good one for that, too...I have to confess, I never heard of Bristol. I just figured out very recently that you have been talking about NASCAR races. Correct? Anyway, good luck to Cody in his game and have fun tonight!

Wendy :: I agree that you are really in an enviable situation, having relatives who want to spend time with Joey. And I'm a believer that it's healthy for the child and the parents to be able to spend a little bit of time apart now and then...I'm really glad to hear things are back to normal with your friend. Usually guys are NOT about drama like that, which is what's refreshing and makes men so easy to be friends with. But I think everyone is entitled to flake out now and then as long as it's short-lived.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Hi Ladies,

I did Hi/Lo Xtreme this morning. It has many premixes and some of the premixes include weights. There are some circuit premixes and it looks to be a good ab workout too. If possible, I will do Slim and Lean tonight.

My chest, triceps and back are really feeling the heavy wts done earlier in the week. I love when I can feel all my hard work!

Cathy-I haven't done power hour in quite a while, its a toughie for sure. The bicep section on PH kills me every time. I like Angies quote too "persistance beats resistance"! Good luck with your forum, I hope it is approved soon.

Wendy-I too am fortunate to have lots of family nearby. They also would watch the boys from time to time for us which was really nice. Sounds to me like your spoiling DH a bit and there is nothing wrong with that!

Angie-Jerod has football too. He had to be there at 11:30 for his 1pm game. Fortunately dh took him. I'm going to walk over there after bit for some extra exercise and to listen to my ipod. I actually saw the nascar track in Bristol when I was there on business several years ago. It would've been really cool if there was a race going on! Enjoy your son's football game and the race!

Laura-I certainly hope you and SIL can enjoy the party. I am still praying for your friend. {{{HUGS}}}

Nancy-Are you gearing up for school?? You have one more week before you start back right?? Hope you enjoy this last week! It sure seems like the summer has gone by so fast.

Happy Saturday-

Diana

Good Afternoon Lovely Ladies!:D

Well, all of the food is cooking away now so before I get to the cleaning portion of my day I figured I'd pop back in for personals. :)

Cathy: The recognition you received from those authors had got to be such an awesome pat on the back for you! I am sooo happy for you! I know in the end you just want your idea to be approved but even if, God forbid, it is not, atleast you know that you came up with a fabulous idea that was recognized by extremely prominent people in the field. That should make you feel great no matter what!:)

Yes, I agree that part of the reason I enjoy a man's company is because they tend not to go the catty, drama-filled route that women can get caught up in. I actually can't totally blame my friend for the drama. Had I not been such a nuisance, I am sure it would not have turned into a fight. See? It's us woman that cause all of the problems!:7 :p ;)

As far as Joey goes, when he is "away" at relatives houses TOO much in a short period of time I start to feel guilty about it. I start to feel like he is going to think I don't love him or that I maybe I am a bad mom for not insisting he be home with me and DH more often. By the same token though, I know how healthy it is for him to be comfortable around others when mommy and daddy aren't there. He is going to be a very well-adjusted child. I watch alot of the kids in the babysitting room at the gym just fall apart when their moms leave them to go work out and it kills me. Lots of parents won't ALLOW anyone else to watch their kids and then this is what happens. If you don't start "letting go" at an early age you are just TEACHING them to cling and then the problems start and when you finally WANT a break, you either have to pay through the nose for it in your child's behavior or you simply don't get one cause you won't allow them to cry over it for a while.

Oh my god girl...will somebody just shut me up over here! LOL

I think I will start a new post with the personals for everyone else since I babbled on so long to you. :p

BBL.:)

Angie: Sounds like another busy day for you. I hope you got what you need to get done before leaving at noon. Enjoy the race tonight!:)

Diana: Hope you get to do Slim and Lean tonight. It's so nice to have family around that is ready and willing to help with the kids when you need it or just plain old want a break. I couldn't imagine raising a family with a support system around me. My sister has raised her kids away from family from day 1 and she has SIX kids! I respect her more then words can say. She is beyond human as far as I'm concerned!:)

Time for me to find a snack to nosh on and see what needs cleaning around here. I guess I should start by doing some laundrymax and washing the kitchen floor. They are 2 chores that stand out as needing attention at this point.

BBL!:+

Hi again--

Diana :: Agreed about DOMS - it's a nice reminder that you worked hard! I see you are really liking that Bento vid. I'm taking notes. :) Good luck to Jerod in his game as well.

Wendy :: Nope, I'm not gonna be the one shutting ya up...:) Yak away!...Well, in all fairness, the boards were not exactly my own idea (I'm not like Al Gore or anything :) in thinking I invented the internet *lol*), but yes, it was a very kind gesture for both of them to reach out to me and let me know that they, too, have hit bumps in the road and that it takes folks who are willing to be leaders and take schools in the right direction...re: your friend...I think A LOT of miscommunication occurs through texting. I recently decided not to read into anything that's not expressed face-to-face or at least without the benefit of hearing the tone in someone's voice. It's too easy to get your signals crossed...I completely agree with your approach to parenting. I know couples who have done the same with their children - never letting them out of sight. It's just not good, IMO.

I took a two-hour nap this afternoon but am still feeling a bit groggy. I have a REAL hard time functioning when my sleep is disrupted as it was last night. Went to bed about 12:30 but just kept waking up all night and finally gave up about 5 am. Add to that all the junk I've eaten and I'm just not feelin' real motivated. And oddly, I'm all stuffed up, too. I don't know WHAT'S going on with me today. *lol* But in any case, it's still way too stifling to run outside right now. I hope it cools off and I hope I don't completely lose steam around the 7-ish hour.

Droppin' in again to report that my run is done...felt like barfin' but plowed on through truly ungodly humidity. 87 degrees at 8 pm is plain ridiculous, but I'm glad I got out there. All things considered, it wasn't a bad run. The KM drills are getting the kibosh, though. I've done enough.

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.