Cabs & abs....Friday Payday YAY!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls~ :)

Ange ~ When you said you liked hearing others' stories, I figured I'd share. Poor Cody, he's taking it hard. :( What're you up to today?...I am debating what to do about this weekend's workout plans. I have the last boot camp class tomorrow morning and am supposed to run 10 mi. on Sunday, but this combo has been challenging when I'm 100% healthy, so I'm trying to figure out what's best. I'm going to email the boot camp instructor and see if a refund is possible. I hate to miss it because I've been loving the class and it won't be offered again until fall, I think, but I know I can't keep up with the group right now, and the other class members might be annoyed having to share equipment with somebody who's still sick. Hmmm, decisions...

Diana ~ Congrats on signing up for the marathon. Mine is actually the Sunday before, 10/12, but it will be great to share the training experience.

Not sure what I'll be doing today workout-wise. BBL to catch up with you all.

Sendin' out positive Friday vibes~

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning! :)

Cathy: I got teary reading your post to Ang. ;(

Ang: Sorry you found your DS crying last night. That's so sad but I guess that should be expected right now. It's okay. Time DOES make it better.

Diana: I hate to say it Diana but mine and Cath's races are on the 12th, not the 19th. :-( You know we'll be cheering you on all the way no matter what!!!

I had a terrible night's sleep last night. It seemed to be just one nightmare after another. I hate when that happens!x(

Today's work out is IC Volume 1. Should be interesting. :p

Hope to pop back in before I leave for A/C this afternoon. If not though...have a faboo weekend and I'll be back later in the day on Sunday!:7

Hello.

Back to say IC vol 1 is done. I'm gonna like kb training. I can't wait to try vol 2 next week!}(

Have a great weekend folks!

Good Morning Ladies,

I have to break this habit of getting on the computer before my morning workout. I have a date with Tony this morning for B&B. I'm going to ARX+ this morning too! If I can get away for lunch, I may try going for a short run and trying out my new garmin.

One of my cousins (from wyoming) called me last night and said she would be in town next Saturday. Her husband is in an all day meeting that day. I'm going to pick her up at her hotel downtown and she's going to spend the day with me and the family for Zach's party. I haven't seen her for about 10yrs I'm guessing. We keep in touch via email though.

I'm so disappointed now. I thought we would all be distance running on the same day. Oh well, I'm not going to let that dampen my spirits any more. We will all be training together at least.

Cathy/Wendy-do you know of any websites where you can determine your running mileage. I had one before that you basically put in your running route and it gives you the mileage. I can't remember the site name and haven't been able to find it. I thought maybe one of you or your cheetah friends might know.

Cathy-you need to do what works best for you training wise. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to take a look at your training schedule. You can email to me. I've printed out Hal Higdon's novice plan and it looks very doable to me.

Wendy-Nice job getting that w/o knocked out so early in the day! I may have to switch up my rotation a bit so I can try my new weight workouts. I want to give APX a try on Sunday or Monday. Have fun in AC.

Angie-I'm sorry your family is suffering. It's so hard on the kids to lose an animal they've had for most of their life. Time will help ease the pain.

Laura-so how was 4 step/core/plyo torture (yikes)?

Tony's waiting....

Diana

Morning Ladies!!!

TGIF ... FINALLY ... it is the end and the first of the month .. gonna be crazy insane again today .. but the day will fly by! I changed up instead of 4 step torture .. I had a smaller class ..so I did SIX step torture .. 5 cycles of circuits using heavy weight .. consisting of weighted large step ups on six risers - heavy arms - heavy legs - core work .. 5 cycles working different groups of muscles ..YOWZA again I kicked my own arse!! DOMing a bit all over today ... }(

Cathy .. glad you are on the upswing .. dont overdo .. don't want to risk a relapse!! I am like Ang .. since you want to get out an get some long runs in everything has been taunting you .. aint that the way life goes!!

Wendy .. A/C .. WOOO HOOO .. have a blast!!! Which I am sure you will .. gonna do some gambling??? Good luck!! Go and have a great time!!

Angie ... it has to be hard to have kids so sad too .. and not much you can do to comfort them .. they have to greive . . I know it is double hard on you though!! I think the new pup will give all of you some much needed joy .. no no pup will ever replace Kirby .. but a new pup sure does bring some much needed joy .. and pups are so goofy so there will be laughter .. and pups have to be trained and take up a LOT of time so that will certainly keep all of you busy!! I know what you mean about the MIL and pity party .. OMG .. my mother is the WORLD's BEST at dwelling on something . . and PITY PARTY .. OMG .. think she created them!!! I too have to just cut her off sometimes and say .. OK .. NOPE .. not going there .. drop it!!

Di .. OK .. ALL of you ladies are running marathons???? I feel like the dunce sitting in the corner .. LOL .. there really aren't any marathons around here ... and if there were no way could I run one .. LOL .. I would pass slam out!! NOW if they had a bootcamp style marathon I would kick some butt .. LOL ... My hat is off to ALL of you .. go out and leave 'em in the dust!!!!

OH .. the question about PIA .. unfortunately I STILL have to work w/her .. but she will not be right up under me doing nothing .. thank goodness .. and the boss did redistribute some work load which helps me a LOT .. 'bout time I say!! LOL ...

We are headed to the beach this weekend .. two big fishing trips planned .. so my exercise will be null and void this weekend .. w/the exception of fighting and landing those "big ones" ... seas are looking good right now (knock on wood) .. wish us luck ladies!!

Have a great weekend!!! Workout some for me!!!
:7

Morning girls

I think I have taken this rest week concept a bit too literally. I will w/o but just can't tolerate yoga today so maybe CoreSyn again or something else maybe? Right now I'm working on cleanmax and messing around on the puter between loads of laundry. It's raining here and it's quite depressing in this house but I can't just keep leaving. I have to deal with it sooner or later I guess. I just can't wait for the kids to come home!! Wow, that's a change huh?

Cathy - Ha! It's finally FRIDAY for ya!:) Hopefully it will be a relaxing w/e for you.
Maybe you'll be feeling spry by tomorrow and will be able to go to BC after all. If it's a sinus infection, the others shouldn't be upset about catching something. I guess you'll just have to wait and see what you feel like tomorrow morning.
Any weekend plans?

Wendy - Sorry about the crappy sleep. Good job getting that w/o in early! Have fun in AC and win some big $$$.

Diana - Hope your afternoon schedule works out for you.
It's always nice to hear from an old friend. I'll bet you'll have a blast next w/e. How'd cleanmax go? Is Zach helping you with that?
Have a great date with Mr. Horton.:eek: ;-)

Laura - Oh ya, you're back!}( Kickin' butt and takin' names.:7
Glad the boss had seen the light! You didn't happen to help him with that did you?:eek:
Ya, I just can't join in a pity party right now. It would be so easy to go there, but it wouldn't do anyone any good and I just didn't appreciate the pressure from MIL to wallow in it. I don't know why it made me mad but it did.}(
Have fun reelin' em in this weekend!

Hey girls

I read these plateau busters in "better than steroids" and thought I would share.....

1. Take a break - eat what you want and avoid the gym but get back to it within a week.

2. Alternate your free window - Are you over or under utilizing the free eating window? Is it to big or too small? Switch it to a free meal instead of a free day or vice versa.

3. Eat you day's calories in fewer or more meals - change from 5 meals to 3 or vice versa.

4. Take a supplement holiday (vitamin vacation) - cut em all out for a week.

5. Do a short fast - Pick one day and just drink lots of water.

6. Change your foods - make changes everywhere in the foods you normally eat.

7. Add more unsaturated fat to your diet - Take a few days and add fish oils and vege oils in place of the protein - watch calories though.

Well, I did #5 this week, unintentionally, but it did seem to change things up. To be honest, I don't much care about my results this week, but I did read this book last weekend and thought it had some interesting info. in it and thought I'd pass it along. He also provides 4 different eating plans, which are pretty strict, but I may give them a shot when I decide to get serious again about my eating. He also gave some pre and post workout meals (drinks) I'll go look those up and post them later if anyone is interested.

I managed to do CoreSyn today. I had more umph for it than I did the other day. Tomorrow I will likely do another CC and call it good for the week. Next week I will start phase 3, although, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that or not. I guess we'll see....

I'd better go and get ready for dinner. Mark's uncle invited us over for dinner. I see CABs in my future, although I'll probably have to wait until I get home as I'm sure DH will be in more need of CABs than I will. He's had a tough week and has been really cranky which is very unlike him. I think it's just his way of dealing with loss. Hopefully some down time this w/e will help.

Have a great evening girls.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.