CABs, abs, and broken you-know-whats :-) TUES.

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls :)

Wendy :: YEOWCH! Sounds like that one was serious! Thanks for spillin' the dirt. I have a similar story of a CAB-induced wipeout (well, there was more than one that night) that left me banged up, but I did remember what transpired.

Angie :: I'm not sure where you can still get that Oxygen mag. It was a special issue, so it may not be on newstands anymore. The deal you're getting on Half.com sounds reasonable, though.

Today will be GS Legs Timesaver + a run, but since it's not going to be hot as Hades today, I will save it for the evening. I want to get myself back into PM-workout mode, so I can adapt once school starts.

Yesterday I found two dresses - not sure which one I'll wear to the wedding, but I'll probably bring both on the cruise. I didn't want to wait for the VS dress debacle to be resolved. It's back-ordered til mid-October, and who knows if it even would fit/look nice. So I'm relieved to have it out of the way.

Have a great day, ladies...Will be back.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

These are the two dresses. I think they look better ON than they do on the hangers...both are a brown/blue combination...

http://mylalclass.com/Dress1.gif

http://mylalclass.com/dress2.gif

Now the issue is: shoes. What do you wear so you don't break your neck coming off the ship or on the beach?

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

ooohhh .. I love BOTH of those dresses .. you can't go wrong w/either one of them ... the shoes .. I would wear a slide strappy sandle ... not too high ... small heel ..

... Ok Ladies .. the tailbone is really ticking me off .. class last night was excruciating .. stepping is a definate NO GO .. in fact for now I don't know what is doable .. I of course could not divulge HOW I broke the dang thing .. so I just said I was playing around being stupid .. LOL .. and that is an understatement!!

.. VBF ... still laughing her @$$ off ... she said I made a definate THUD .. and that it was something else I hit!:eek: .. so I go home to look at the scene of the accident (lol) .. know what I hit .. a stainless steele screw that was poking up at the bottom about 2 inches .. NO WONDER I am in agony!!!

last night was horrible .. think the pain is worse at night .. I have had no sleep .. sure I have inflammation .. so calling the Doc this morning and getting him to perscribe some anti-inflammatory .. hope he does not ask HOW I broke it!! LOL:D

so my exercise will be put on hold this week at least! so PLEASE exercise some for me!!

Thanks for the prayers for my friend ..we have not heard anything as of yet! ;(

Wendy .. glad to hear I am not the only one that gets brilliant when consuming CABS!!! tequilla??? OMG .. thank goodness I did not go there .. I loose my mind on tequilla!! LOL .. oh and BTW .. LOVED the routine you came up w/for your first PT session .. maybe the client will stop the excuses and go for it!!! good luck!!

Cathe and Angie glad I could bring some humor to your Monday .. heck I brought humor to everyones Monday .. SIL says through her tears of laughter "yeah I can honestly say that is my FIRST surprise party ever and my SIL broke her @$$ at it " ..

Diana if you missed the tailbone story .. go back and read about my brilliance!!:+

so guess this will be my forced rest week .. as in really REST .. no activity ... dang it .. x(

OK girlies .. better run .. it is cooler today 89 degrees and we are cutting off .. :eek: ... will be "one of those days" at the asylum!

Hi Ladies,

I feel like a total slacker and my eating hasn't been very good either. I did not workout at all yesterday and didn't go to bootcamp. I really needed to pay the bills and balance the checkbook. Only 1 of my payments is past due}( With football practice, bootcamp class, dinner quests I just didn't take care of it for way too long.

I had a bad day at work yesterday and I hate when people tell me what to do. Most people would ask-obviously I'm still mad about it! Enough about that.

I took a vacation day today so I can go to the ob Dr. with Amanda and her mom and Cody. We should be able to find out the gender(s) of the babies. Zach and I also have an appt to pick out his Sr. pictures this afternoon.

Slim an Lean and a cardio is on the agenda for today. I've never done S&L before so I hope I like it.

Cathy-Both the Dresses look great and I'm sure you look beautiful in both of them. As for shoes, you can look for some low heeled, open toe slides or just some lower heels. (Amanda's mom is going on a cruise and we found some for her.

Wendy-the bootcamp workout looks great. By the way, I've asked my BC instructor to email me the workouts then I can share with you. I don't want to retype the hard copies. So it sounds like you were quite the party girl in your younger day.

Laura-Oh my, your pole dancing story had me launghing outloud! We have an exotic/pole dancing studio and classes in my town. They say most of their classes are women in their 40s. I've even considered taking a class or two but they are pretty expensive.

Angie-I hope your running shoes work out great for you. I need a new pair too. I hear ya on the ME biceps. If I remember correctly, Cathe is using a 15lb bar. For some reason, I strugge with bicep endurance. Yes all the other body parts get worked to exhaustion, but I have not been able to meet cathe on biceps. If it's heavy weights I can match her. Go figure.

Nancy-Hi there :) :) :)

Hope everyone has a great day. Time for me to go workout now.

Diana

Mornin fellow cabbers:)

It just occurred to me that we sound like a bunch of lushes. *lol* My husband would say we are lucious.:7 :+ ;-) He just loves those puns. His favorite, and I hear it a lot at the nascar race, is "hey sensuous.......sensuous up why don't you get me another beer?":7 :p x( Men! They just love that line.....now it seems everyone at nascar uses that one.

Thunderboomers headed though this morning at 7 and I almost got up but thought nah! They another line headed through at 10 so I figured someone from above was tellin me to get my dead a$$ out of bed!:eek: I'm tryin to get my last sleep in days in before school starts back up....although, the kids are old enough now to get themselves ready and get on the bus themselves.

I have a long to-do list to tackle, but I haven't had enough coffee yet.....no motivation. I'll also need to figure out what w/o to do. My shins are feeling it today from the run I did 2 days ago. I used to get shin splints when I was younger and I forgot about that. Do you girls suffer from shin splints?? I'm gonna do an upper body and ab w/o today....maybe PUB and Tony's new ab w/o. I need to clean up my w/o space downstairs. I have DVD's all over the place in anticipation of the rotation I had planned. I just have to nix that until I get back on a regular schedule, hopefully in 2 weeks.

Cathe - I like the dresses. Sorry I can't help much with the shoes as I live in socks and tennis shoes. I bought a nice pair of sandles this spring hoping I could give it a shot but I never did wear them. I have totally ignored my feet my entire life. I don't think I have ever painted my toenails.....I know, I'm a freak. I told you I was low maintenance...lol. At home I even walk around in socks and my house tennies. What can I say?

Laura - Man, this is killing you to not workout!}( Injuries suck. Hope you get some relief soon. How long did it take to get back on track the last time?
One thing is for sure - you sure know how to throw a party no-body will ever forget!:p Any pictures??? What about those scuba pics too?

Diana - Sounds like you need a vacation girl. At least Monday's over! Sure hope you get good news at the doctors office. Have the living arrangements been decided yet?
I'm interested to see how you like S&L.
I'm a bit confused about the barbell. When Cathe says she has a 25# barbell, does that mean she has 7.5# on each end and the bar itself is 10#? I've always wondered about this....of coarse, I guess I could just get on my scale with and without the barbell and find out for myself. I just can't believe how she kicks my ass with the arms and shoulders. Everything else I can keep up with.

Nancy & Wendy - hiya girls!

Off for more java......

Angie

Hi ladies-happy to report I did Slim & Lean earlier and liked it. It was a little in the abs so after I do cardio later today I will add in a tougher ab segment. I haven't decided which cardio to do but I need a real goodie to make up for my two days off and poor eating.

The babies are both girls:) :) I'm so happy since I only have boys!!! All is well with Amanda and babies.

Angie-When Cathe says she has a 25lb barbell, that is the total weight of the bar and the weights in whatever configuration. It could be 5lb bar with 2 10lb plates, a 10lb bar with 2 7.5 weights etc.

BBL

Diana

Hi Ladies. Late check-in for me today...

I got up late and then planned my morning badly so unfortunately my usual trip to the gym/run did not happen so I opted for IMAX 2 instead. I did intervals 1-7. I wasn't looking for a full hour's work out today so that's why I didn't finish it.

Diana: Thanks-I look forward to receiving those work outs from you. Congrats on the girls. That's so great!:) Happy you enjoyed Slim and Lean as well. Yeah, all of Jari's vids are light on the ab work IMO.

Cathy: I like both dresses but favor the 2nd one for some reason. It's bad when you get drunk and can't remember what you did!:eek:

Laura: Sorry that you are still in pain. I hope it gets better soon. When it happened to me, the pain only lasted a few days. It bothers me to this day when I sit in the wrong position, etc but that's different from just flat out HURTING.

Angie: LOL-I was tempted to put (beginner)push ups in the routine for my friend but she is VERY out of shape so I figured I'd wait on that. There is NO WAY she is going to do a pull up...assisted or not. It will be a long slow road with her but I told her that if she sticks to it, that she WILL succeed!:)

BBL!

Diana .. TWO girls!!:) awwwww .. so sweet!! yeah they will be little spoiled ones too .. being the only girls in the family ... so sweet!!!

Wendy .. the last time I broke my tailbone .. my dog knocked my feet out from under me on a hill at the creek and my feet flew up and I landed right on the tailbone on a root of a tree .. just about knocked me out cold .. I thought I was paralyzed .. (and NO CABS were involved in that instance .. LOL) .. it took several months to heal .. I was not exercising at the level I am now .. so not sure how that affects it .. the Dr. told me NO exercise it would only make it worse ... $#%$@#%@#$%#$@%#%x( .. soooooo .. Dr. Laura (pain meds in hand) is gonna give it a week .. after the long weekend see how it goes!}(

Cathe .. IA w/Wendy I tend to lean toward the second dress also after looking at them several times .. but BOTH of them are too cute .. can't go wrong in them!!

Angie - the no exercise .. YES it kills me .. I can take a couple of days .. but after then my patience wears thin .. and I get VERY ancy .. and VERY ILL .. my coworkers are dreading it if it goes longer than a week .. my being sidelined w/a tear in my knee a couple of years ago just about did them in ... they avoided me like the plague!! LOL

OK .. only 30 min.. get to go home early .. get some housework done .. and maybe sit by the pool (the scene of the crime) .. and remember my glory before the THUD .... LOL :7

have a great one!!:7 workout for me ... pppplllllleeeeeaaaase;(

PUB is in the bag. That bicep section makes me want to cry but at least Cathy struggles with that one too so I don't feel so bad. I forgot about the ab section at the end of that one, so I did that instead of doing the additional ab w/o. I think Tony L&B sounds good for tomorrow since I will be biking and running for my cardio on Thurs and Fri while camping.

Woooohooo on the girls Diana!:) I'll bet you're already planning on things to do with them.

And Wendy....did you also tell your friend that if she succeeds she also WILL do push ups and pull ups.}( :p *lol* Sorry, couldn't help myself. You'll probably want to keep that little secret to yourself until you can work her up to it anyways. I'll bet you're excited to train your first person.:) I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

Laura - the scene of the crime - LOL I'm sorry....but I have to giggle a bit when I say......sending healing vibes your way. :7 ;-)

Good night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.