CABs and abs...Ahhhh, Saturday!!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
And a three-day weekend. It feels so good to just BREATHE.

I have plenty of work ahead of me, but it’s nice to be able to keep a relaxed pace.

Angie :: *lol* Think we’ve coined ourselves a new term – b*tch-O-meter, or BOM for short. :) I am so jealous of your snow…you should be out there skiing!! Weren’t you trying to arrange a weekend? No CABs for me this weekend, but if Sunday's plans hold up, I *will* be downing wings and crab fries!!!! http://www.therpgsite.com/forums/images/smilies/evillaugh.gif Yeah boyeeee! Hope the boys let you sleep in.

Well, that catches me up on personals. What will the rest of you lovely ladies be up to today?

Workout today will be Interval X+ plus the BOSU Blast abs.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Mornin girls

Had to drain the bladder at 7:30.....so much for sleeping in. But I feel refreshed and it's my normal get-up-and-go time so I should have plenty of time today to do whatever I want.:)
Today is CC#6 with Candace and an ab routine of some sort. My leg DOMS are finally gone but now I have arm and back DOMS.

Cathy - It must be nice to have a 3-day weekend to look forward to. It kind of messes me up since I won't get mail delivery on Monday. That just guarantees me that I won't get any checks on the mail on Monday.;( It's been a rough 2008 at work for sure. I hope we get over this hump soon. I will still be at work though, b/c even without the mail I'll have plenty to do. I haven't even started my tax stuff yet and I have to get those W-2's out to my employees by the 31st. I gotta get going on those this week. I think I'm gonna put in an extra day or two next week to try to get it done.
I love the BOM term....I'll probably be using that a lot!}(
What the heck are crab fries?? Maybe I don't want to know...I love crab and I love fries so I'm sure they would be a hit with me.:9
Thanks for the reminder....I'm going to go email my friend right now to see when she wants to go skiing. She's going through a divorce right now so maybe she'll want to just scrap the whole thing. Apparently divorce is hard on the pocket book.....glad I've never had any first hand experience with that.
Interval+ today huh? Have you done that one before? Have fun with Tony.

I caught up with the rest of you girls last night.

Have a great Saturday girls and I'm off to make more java.:7 :+

Angie

Hey Ange :: glad you're feeling refreshed even though you woke up early...well, I will be working all three days, for sure. Am grateful to have the extra day to get more done. For today, though I am easing into things. It was a long week. I'm going to run out first thing to pick some blank DVDs. If I can figure out how to transfer my mini-DV tapes to DVD on my own, I'll save myself some $...Crab fries are just fries with old bay seasoning. At Chickie & Pete's (in the city), they serve the fries with cheese that's to-die-for. You can easily make a whole meal out of it. :) I haven't done Interval X+ before. Any warnings?...Legs DOMS has set in from y'day's Slo-Mo.

Happy Saturday Cabbers!:)

Laura: Hope you got some sleep last night. I ended up feeling okay y'day and never even took a nap. I had no time to do the planned cardio but got through S&H and abs just fine w/so little sleep. So what movie will you and DH be going to see or did you go last night?

Cathy: YAY for the 3 day weekend!!!! You are right...I DO need to get back on Facebook! Bug me until I do it please!:) Sorry your sis is sick. Sending get well vibes her way. Oh, btw, how did she do skiing in Vermont? Wasn't that only her 2nd time out? Thanks re the coach thing. Now we can just sit back and wait. LOL Now that I have a copy of the email though, I won't bug you to re-send it if nothing happens over the next few days cause I can re-send it!}( As far as my personal training thing goes, I used to train my BF 2x per week and she's dropped to one time per week...I think I taught her TOO well cause now she's doing weight lifting on her own on another day!:eek: So you are happy with Slo-Mo? Good. I'm glad. Have you done the core work yet? I want to know what you think of it. I was not a fan.

Diana: Stop feeling flabby. I'm sure you are fine though I can certainly relate!! Thanks re the coach thing. I really appreciate the support. I PM'd you in regards to that too, just so you know. So has DH seen the girls yet???

Angie: Sorry your bladder woke you up early today. LOL You had me laughing at the b*tch-o-meter comment! Don't you just LOVE being a woman sometimes!?! }( Listen girl, no worries on the Beach Body thing. If you are inclined to order something at any point, let me know...if not, it's totally cool but have you ever considered trying the recovery drink they sell? }( Seriously, I swear by it now. I wouldn't waste my $$ on it if I didn't think it helped. I am so excited for STS but my gosh I have a feeling we are going to be waiting several months for this one!

So I don't have any DOMS from S&H AND I found the leg section not even close to as difficult as I had imagined!!!! I used a 48# BB on squats and lunges too and that's going HEAVY for me! I can't go any heavier as I won't be able to get it over my head. Next time I'm going to heavy up on the pre-exhaust sets and if that doesn't work then I'll just have to consider purchasing a weighted vest I guess! }( So I had trouble with the plies-again, not heavy enough using 27.5 pounds which is as heavy as I can get with DB's right now but in addition I wasn't comfortable or feeling secure holding a big DB that way. I tried other grips too but no luck. I think next time I will try 2 lighter DB's instead of one heavier one. Maybe that will work better for me.

Okay, time to re-fill the java! BBIAB!:7

Hey again girls

Cathy - You know I'm gonna havta re-do my routine next week to include slo-mo legs. I have 2 leg days next week anyways so I'm sure it will be easy to do. You guys have certainly peaked my curiosity on that one!
X+ intervals....any warnings?....no, not really....I think it was easier than plyoX but still a workout worth doing especially since it is shorter. There's a small break in the middle of it and then you re-do everything all over again. I kept wondering when I was going to get the break..*lol*
I need to figure out how to copy DVD's. I would like to copy my P90X's so that I have a backup if I ever need it. I don't feel like I need to do that with my Cathe's since they are guaranteed for life.:)

Wendy - I agree with not being a fan of Amy's core workout. Some of those moves just didn't seem safe to me. I didn't like the full body mix either....too many changes of equipment to keep up I think.
I haven't tried the recovery drink from BB. I'm not much of a supplement kind of girl. Whey protein poweder and a multi-vitamin is about the extent of my supplements. I just bought a 6# bag of whey protein at Sams club for less than $30....that should keep me in the protein for a while. I think the drink on BB is kind of pricey isn't it? I'll bet it's good though.
Yup, I think the wait on STS will be very long. I'd be surprised if we get them before the end of summer. It's gonna take a while to do 37 DVD's. That's OK though. As long as they are good quality vids, it will be well worth the wait.
With the DB on the plies.....did you try wrapping both hand around the shaft of the DB with the ends pointing in front and behind you? Sometimes I even put my hands on each ball portion of the DB so that the palms of the hands face each other with the DB in the middle. I don't know if that adequately explains what I mean. But, I use both of those positions too so it doesn't stress the hands too much. I think the second one I described is the most comfortable.

My nephew came over and was amazed at the squirrels on the porch eating the sunflower seeds. He so badly wanted to go get a gun.:7 I said dude....don't you like to just look at them?? Geez, what did that squirrel ever do to you? He said they get rid of em at their house because they are so destructive. Whatever......but leave my squirrels alone!!! I like to watch them.:) He's a big time hunter as if you couldn't guess. Dang kid anyways.....

Happy Saturday kids.....I'll BBL

Angie

Hi Ladies,

It's been a very hectic week and I'm so glad the weekend is here. I fell asleep last night at 9:15 watching my tivo'd shows. I got up at 8:30 this morning. I was a little groggy at first but am feeling much better after my second cup of coffee.

A friend sent me some cardio coaches to try so I'll do a CC and full body wt work out. Then jerod has 2 bb games today. After the games the kids and I are going to clean out Cody's bedroom and hopefully tomorrow we can paint. I thought about painting tonight but DH said it would be better to paint during the day and having the light shining in through the window.

Cathy-Let me know what you think of interval X+. I always liked plyoX but would sometimes do an Imax in its place. Sorry you have to work all weekend. A teachers work is never done. I've been practicing on my core disk and my balance is improving.

Angie-I slept enough for the both of us:) Anyway, sorry you didn't get as much sleep as you wanted. The comment about your nephew wanting to the kill the squirrels cracked me up. We got a few inches of snow overnight, but our temps will be in the 30's today. I'm glad we've warmed up over the single digits we had last week.

Wendy-I use 50 to 60lbs for S&H legs. I never had a heavy DB until now and always used the BB for the plie's. Just a suggestion for you. I think exercise is a great mental realease for me and when I don't get my daily exercise it changes my mood (for the worse). That's when the BOM is heading off the charts.

Laura-Hope you are having a great weekend with DH!

Happy Saturday:*

Diana

I finally completed CC #6 and GB abs. Tomorrow is a rest day.:)

How'd you ladies fare with your workouts?

I was going to have salmon for lunch but I cooked it and when I opened it....it smelled really bad. I must've had it in the frig too long. Now the whole house smells like nasty rotten fish.:( ;( I sprayed glade neutralizer and lit a candle but it still stinks in here. So, I had to make a pan of brownies to try and hide the smell before the guys get back from snowmobiling.:eek: }( I figured BIL and nephew will probably eat up the pan so it shouldn't kill my eats too much. I am starting to smell it now.:9 MUCH better than rotten fish!!:7 So, it was a can of tuna instead of the salmon for lunch. I'm sure we'll go out for dinner, so maybe I'll let someone else make me some fish. Although, it's snowing pretty good here...maybe it would be wise to just stay in.

Diana - I think your cold weather is coming our way. I think there's lots of snow heading our way too. I'm sure BIL and son will spend the night if it keeps snowing like this and they'll probably spend all day tomorrow snowmobiling too.
Sounds like you have a busy day in front of you tomorrow. Hope it goes smoothly for you and you get it done quickly.
I'm dying to know how you like the CC workouts.

Check back to see if you girls are behavin' a bit later.

Angie

Hi girls!

Ho hum, http://www.rugbyrefs.com/forums/images/smilies/45.gif I am waiting for video to be uploaded onto the PC…this is the 2nd try…it’s a pretty slow process, so I thought it’d be a good time for a forum break. After a leisurely morning, I spent the afternoon reviewing and selecting tape (sounds simple but it's actually pretty time-consuming) and installing the video editing software.

Wendy :: What are you waitin’ on, girl—DO IT!!! With just a couple of clicks, you’ll have your privacy settings and be good to go…She’s only skied Poconos, but yeah, that was her 2nd time. If she feels better, they might go tomorrow morning. I thought she did well the day we went together, but she does take it slow and turns a lot, so she tires out quickly. I do like Slo-Mo. Will let you know when I try the core work.

Angie :: I am laughing so hard at your nephew wanting to get a gun and have at the squirrels. Love the rationale for the brownies. You are too funny! My BOM isn’t too bad, but my appetite is INSANE right now courtesy of PMS.

Di :: how’s the cleaning and painting project going?…I don’t really mind having a working weekend. I’ll feel better when I make some progress.

This thing is *still* uploading. Thought it would be done by now. Interval X is comin' up. In the meantime, I'm getting suckered into the Death Wish marathon on AMC.

Hi Cabbers.

I'm living up to the threads name right now ladies. I am sitting in front of my PC with a watermelon martini!!!}( :+ }( This is my 2nd one as a matter of fact. We stopped at the store on the way home from dinner to pick up the mix. YUMMERS!:9

Ang: No problemo on the recovery drink. I drank protein shakes post work out all of the time before I switched over to the recovery drink. It's all about what works for ya girl!:)
Beach Body's recovery drink is actually in line price wise with others I've seen. The first one I tried which I really liked too was Recoverite and they are almost the exact same price for the same amount of product. I think they are all a little pricey but now that I am a coach I get a discount so I'll be stickin' with BB's product for sure!;)
Great deal on the whey protein btw! Can't beat that with a stick! LOL
I am going to try your suggestions for the weight positioning on the plie squats in slow and heavy next time I do legs. I will also try my thought of a weight in each hand as well and see what I like the best. Thanks for your input!

Diana: I see you asked Cathy for her opinnion on Interval X. It just so happens that I did that work out today too! :) I really liked it. Some good leg burning moves in it and a couple of push up moves to burn the upper body as well. It certainly gets the heart pumpin'. It's only 30 minutes of cardio plus warm up and cool down but it certainly does the job! I was sweatin' buckets!
I will try a set of Plie squats in S&H with the BB too. I'm sure between your suggestion and Ang's I'll find something that works. I may still need the weighted vest to increase the weight load over all though. I'll have to see. Thanks for the input!

Cathy: I know...I get super lazy about doing some things on the computer. Right now I'm buzzin' from the 'tinis so I don't think it's a good time to try to set up a Facebook account. Tomorrow perhaps? :) Okay, I am afraid to ask but...WTH is the Death Wish Marathon!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi Ladies,

Jerod's team lost the first game but won the second. The second game had much more action and moved faster than the first. He is on a 5th/6th grade team and the first games are kind of like practice games for the kids. I expect them to do much better next weekend.

After the game we all went over to Cody and Amanda's so DH could see the girls (for the very first time in person). They are so adorable. Amanda's mom is staying with them and she says they have their days and nights mixed up. They are trying to keep them awake longer during the day which isn't easy. They are all coming over here tonight so DS can start cleaning out the beer/baby room and bringing a load of stuff to store in the basement.

I offered to do laundry for them and am on the 3rd load with 2 more to go. They don't have in unit laundry and each building only has 2 washers and 2 dryers and they are always busy.

I only managed to get in MIS this morning. Between all the phone calls and doing laundry it took me 1 1/2 hrs to finish the workout. I'm putting the CC w/o's on my ipod and I hope to try them out really soon.

Wendy-I have the beachbody box sitting on my kitchen table-unopened. I really need to send them back so I can order STS, but I sorta wish I didn't have to. Glad you liked the plyo w/o. Enjoy your martini's:)

Angie-sorry about the fish. I only have salmon when we go out since no one else likes it here. I also made brownies tonight and they are hitting the chocolate fix just right!

Cathy-sorry things are going so slow on the computer for you. Hopefully you will be done soon.

Diana

Interval X+ and BOSU Blast core work done! This'll be just a quick post so I can get cleaned up & relax!

Wendy :: *lol* Death Wish as in the never-ending Charles Bronson vigilante massacre. I remember seeing those when I was younger and being totally creeped out.

Di :: great for you getting in any workout at all with all that you have going on right now! Hope you'll keep fillin' up your Picture Trail with pics of the girls...As for the computer stuff, I am done for tonight. I'd hoped to get my lesson plans done, but it'll just wait til tomorrow. I've been at it long enough.

Talk to you all in the AM! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.