Cabs & Abs 10K Monday

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

I'm heading off to my race... The weather is cool and drizzly. The high is only supposed to be 64 and the rain will be worse this afternoon. I'll post when we get back.

Diana

Good morning, ladies!

Di :: sending you fleet feet vibes for a GREAT 10K! Looking forward to your race report.

Today will be a total rest day for me because I am feeling like crud. Some kind of head cold got to me. I felt kinda "off" before my run yesterday (which would explain, too, why I'd been feeling sorta sluggish this past week), and by the time I finished up, I was feelin' it. Have been guzzling the hot tea this morning.

After doing some reading, I've decided to hold off on WSFL for now and go with TT instead. Will start on June 2nd, once BC class is over. OK, somebody needs to jump in and do some talking. I was last to post last night, so I feel like I'm having a convo by myself here! ;) :7

Enjoy your day, girls. BBL.

Hi Girls.

I just got back from a run/walk with my friend in the park. It was nice. We certainly did not break any land speed or mileage records but we got some exercise and chatted for a while.

I will be doing my After Burn weight work today as well. Not sure when, but I'll definately get it done before we head out to the bbq this afternoon.

Diana: GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to hear your race report! Sorry about the cr@ppy weather. Perhaps it will get better.

Cathy: Sorry you feel lousy. Are you drinking green tea? :) I really like green tea. I don't drink it nearly as often as I should. I should try replacing a few of my many daily cups of coffee with tea. Something to consider...:)

Hi ladies,

We had a hard time finding parking at the park n ride and got to the race late. We still started in a wave for our finish though. They've already posted my results and I finished in 1:03:05. I'm happy with that! When I was running all the time, my goal was to finish under 60 minutes. The temperature was cool, but nice it was the drizzle that made some parts not too much fun. Amanda finished a bit behind me at 1:16. She hasn't been running hardly at all but has been using the elliptical.

Cathy-thanks for the good vibes, they came through for me on the last uphill leg into the stadium!! I hope you start feeling better soon. I wanted to let you know I'm strongly considering running the Denver Marathon which is the same date as the Chicago Marathon.

Wendy-It's nice to catch up with friends and a walk through the park sounds perfect. You and Cathy have really been encouraging me to get back into running, and that it's okay if I can only do shorter distances. Jerod starts his summer camp program in 2 weeks and I'm considering running in the mornings before work and doing weights at the rec ctr at lunch.

Angie-Hope your camping trip was tons of fun! Can't wait to hear about it.

Laura-did you get to have the pool party?

I still need to do P90X CST since I never got around to that this weekend. I've been a sloth and ate terribly. Hopefully today will be a better day. I need to go grocery shopping too.

BBL,

Di

Diana

Di :: WOO-HOO on your fab finish! Sounds like the weather didn't hinder you two at all. Amanda did great, too. Any pics to share? That would be awesome if you do Denver--then you, Wendy, and me would be running some major distance on the same day. I do think for me it will be "one and done." During yesterday's struggle, I started to seriously wonder if I've gotten myself in over my head. But all things considered -- between boot camp and the cold I've been slammed with -- I did OK and can't beat myself down...I quickly dismissed the negativity and reminded mysef I'm a pretty stubborn fool! :7 I *will* cross that finish even if I'm crawling over it...:) Are you going to do CST *TODAY*?? Wow!

Wendy :: sounds like a nice, easy-paced run this morning. How do you like getting outdoors? Enjoy your AB workout & the BBQ.

Ange :: hope you were able to enjoy yourselves and had a safe trip home.

Think my fever's returning. Back to the couch. Have a good night!
[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hiya cabbers

Ahhhh back! We had great weather, naughty food and drink, and a total blast! I know I'm gonna have a hard time getting my eating under control after the complete lack of control I indulged in all weekend. I did do a run on Saturday of about 4-5 miles. My hips hurt a bit on Sunday but other than that all was good. I never did exercise Sunday (my rest day) or today. I'm on my rest week now, so I guess one of the yoga days will be skipped.:p Ya, like I need an excuse to skip yoga.
Kirby's doing well. She lost a lot of weight with the surgery. She looks so skinny now, but healthy. She was a bit on the chunky side before. She's sleeping a lot but all major functions are working properly. She's now keeping her meds down, if we can get her to take them. Let's just say, she's a bit stubborn about taking them. Mom and dad did a wonderful job with her. They even showed us a nice trick to use to get the meds down. I think they got a bit attached to her. Awwwwwwwww

Cathy - I'm so sorry you got the yucks. x( A fever? Hmmmmm, doesn't sound like a cold. Don't let that go too long before you see a doc. It sounds more like the flu. Keep the fluids coming!
Does the balance board come with the Wii ski game? I bet the boys would love that.
Good job with that 9 miler! Wow!! That's fantastic....
Did someone say cheesecake?? My absolute favorite dessert:9
What are sharkies??

Diana - Great job on that run!!!!;-) How did your feet hold up for you?
Sounds like you got some wicked weather around you. Thank goodness it was north of you. Seems like lots of tornadoes this year across the country.
So when's the big party? How great that MIL is such a big help.
Did you break out the garmin yet? Is it easy to program?
Maybe if you go on a cruise, you can cruise to Hawaii?? That way DH gets his cruise and you still get to visit hawaii.

Laura - How'd the pool room work go? Are you almost done?
Yes, the weekend traffic up here is unbelievable too! That's why I like to get out of dodge when the "fudgies" come north.:7
The vegas pics look really fun! I would like to go sometime when it's not so hot. We went in August and you could hardly breathe outside it was soooooo darned hot!
How were the CABs and BBQ's?

Wendy - Hope you enjoy your new KB w/o.
Congrats on your results so far!! That's wonderful! You have really been doing great and it's so rewarding when the results follow too.
How'd the dog sitting go?
So DH is still on track with the X? Is he getting any early results yet?
I like the new tagline you've got.:7

Oh, I went shopping and got some cute, but inexpensive workout clothes at Meijers this weekend. Now I think I'm good to go for the road trip.:) I was just tagging along with my friend who wanted to buy swim suits for her girls. Isn't that the way good shopping trips always go?? Good men and good sales always come along when you aren't looking. LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.