Cabs & Abs ~ Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/greetingsandsigns/th_computer2.gif

I'm still enjoyin' the booty DOMS.

Angie :: congrats to the team on their win! That is cool that even the other team appreciated the plays...I think the nightmare stemmed from the tales of horror unit I am teaching right now...We are in the middle of Poe...Usually when I have a nightmare, it involves bridges or drowning or falling.

Diana :: I looked at those rotations - they all look good. I esp. like the June '06 Rock Bottoms with the add-on bonus as I think my legs need extra work. It sort of reminded me of the tenative rotation I worked up y'day. Here it is:

Legs 2x + add-ons 2x per week
U/b – 1x (split 3 days)
pull-ups – 1x (this is a laugh b/c currently I can only do one! :))
cardio – 6x (30 min. or more – minimum of 2 runs per week)
yoga/stretch – 1x
abs – 3x

:: Week 1 ::
M: yoga/stretch + abs
T: cardio + 4DS C&B
W: cardio + 4DS Legs & Core
R: cardio + KM drills + wall squats
F: cardio + 4DS B&T
S: 4DS SCC + run
S: LL + run + pull-ups (as many as I can)

:: Week 2 ::
T: cardio + 4DS C&B + Squeeze lower body add-on
W: cardio + S&H Legs + abs
R: cardio + 200 walking lunges + wall squats
S: GS Legs + run + pull-ups

:: Week 3 ::
T: cardio + 4DS C&B
W: cardio + B&G + abs
R: cardio + KM drills + wall squats
S: LL + run + pull-ups

:: Week 4 ::
T: cardio + 4DS C&B + Squeeze lower body add-on
W: cardio + 4DS Legs & Core
R: cardio + 200 walking lunges + wall squats
S: PLB + run + pull-ups

Any thoughts/suggestions from anyone would be appreciated! I am wondering if I should be doing circuits instead. Or make one of the cardios an interval run.

We have a half day with students and then parent conferences again, but these won't run as late as yesterday. (I didn't leave school until 5 pm.) Re: today's workout...I'm on the bubble. I was going to repeat last week's rotation (which I mostly blew off) which would call for KB + C&B from the 4DS, but I might just do a week's worth of circuits instead. Oh lord, am I indecisive these days...

Hi Wendy, Laura and Nancy. Have a GREAT day! BBL.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Morning Cabbers!

Well, it's actually almost afternoon at this point but who's paying attention!:p :7

So I dragged my butt into work this morning begrudgingly. I didn't really feel like being there. I wasn't even there an hour when the boss came in and said it wasn't busy enough for all of us to be there and asked if anyone wanted to go home. I practically jumped through the roof! LOL I was outta there before 10am doing the happy dance and gladly went food shopping instead. :+

Cathy: Sorry but I can't help you make a decision on your rotation. I am, after all, the QUEEN of indecision when it comes to my work outs!}( I am having the hardest time deciding what to do today as a matter of fact! LOL

Training went well last night. I was scaring 'em with tid bits about the new work out plan for next month that I've come up with! I love putting fear into their hearts!}( They curse at me at every turn but admit that they actually love me for it!:7

Nothin' else goin' on around here really. I ended up ordering more Recoverite online but may still take a ride and pick up something else for the interim. I just really want to have something for post-race on Sunday so I'm not limping around for a week afterwards! LOL

Ok, well I guess I'll come back after my work out is done!

Toodles!:)

Morning ladies!

Ok . so I went and fought the grocery store yesterday thinking I had everything I needed .. YET .. I find myself w/a brand new list sitting in front of me that I have to GO AGAIN .. humph ... x( ..maybe today will be the last trip .. GEEZE .. sometimes I wonder!!

Yesterday I went home and so enjoyed getting home at a decent hour .. got some laundry done and got to get a bath early and relax just in time for DWTS .. I love that show! The dancers are awesome this year .. please tell me Marie is going home tonight! Man she has lost some weight though!

Cathy .. I had nightmares this morning .. the usual monsters and ghost trying to attack me! and me fighting to protect my animals .. strange! Love the rotation .. looks like a winner to me!

Wendy .. you evil thing! }( }( ... you are sounding more like me as you go along!! yeah .. that fear in the eyes is addictive ..and oh how nothing brings pleasure like knowing the DOMS are so bad they can't sit down .. LOL!!! }( . . Evil woman!!

Di ... we are going to have to call you Lower Body Evil woman! you put a hurting on the bottom half in a minute!! LOL

Angie .. congrats on the team win! YAYAYAYAYAA! I am gearing up for my teams big fight this weekend. Tommorrow everyone is bringing snack and their teams "colors" and fighting clothes!! LOL .. should be hillarious. The loud mouths are not so loud since thier embarrassing loss to LA Monroe ... the chatter has calmed down ... but all bets are off when these two teams match up .. going to be a fight to the end!!

Ok .. about to hit the grocery store mad house!! Wish me luck!!

will check back later w/you guys to see what everyone is up to! have a great one!:7

Hi Girls,

My body is feeling old and hurts everyday. I don't feel old but I sure hate being sore all the time. I did lowmax this morning. I've learned I need to do low impact the morning after my meltdown class.

I do have to work on TG but am thinking about bringing my sons personal dvd player and a movie or a cathe dvd since I think it will be pretty quiet here. I'm not really sure if I have room for a workout but I could do some exercises on my own. I have a long hallway that would be perfect for walking lunges, squats, pushups, situps, dips etc. I could bring my band too! I have to have something to make me excited to come in at 6am!

Cathy-I think your rotation looks great and well balanced. I hope it brings you much success. I can only count on 1 hour a day to workout so I'm need to alternate cardio and weight days.

Wendy-I would go home now if they let me. Good for you for getting that grocery shoppint out of the way. Hopefully it won't be crowded at this time of day.

Laura-I was at the store on Sunday night and it was so crowded and the people were so rude. Sorry you have to go through that.

Angie-have you decided on a rotation? I'm still deciding but hope to come up with something soon.

Nancy-Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Diana

I just finished my work out. I did P90 Maters Sculpt 5-6 w/the bands. It may sound easy but it's what you make of it and I was feelin' it, ladies! I followed it up with HSC ab work. My goodness the burn doesn't quit in that one!! I LOVE IT! }(

I'll be back a bit later for personals, etc.

Toodles!:)

I survived the grocery store ordeal .. and man was it an ordeal! I think there should be a rule that if you don't work .. you don't go to the grocery store at lunch during the Holidays ..LOL .. my goodness so many people .. and so many older people .. I think if I were retired I would get up first thing in the morning and hit the stores before the work crowd!

the trip took my entire lunch hour .. and I maybe had 15 items .. but the line was backed up into the isles .. x(

so .. I will go home and hopefully found I have not forgotten anything .. and let me tell you .. if I have TOO BAD .. I am not fighting that again .. GEEZE!!!

Better run .. hope all of you have a wonderful night .. workout for me! I will be going home and start preparing some party stuff for work tomorrow!! :)

have a great one!:7

Evening, ladies!

I had a chiro adjustment and am now in la-la land, ready for bed! Once in awhile, a good adjustment really knocks me out. And…ummm, yeah…I think that might actually solve my workout problem for today. There will be NONE. (Hope the TFH isn’t reading this.) I don't even feel guilty b/c I know I'll have plenty of time the remaining days of the week.

Wendy :: glad you were able to scoot out of work early…My conferences tomorrow should wrap up by late morning, so I’m lookin’ forward to the before-noon early out, too…I somehow missed that you were racing on Sunday…what distance?

Laura :: I am with you ~ Marie needs to go! It’s hard to choose between the other 3. They are all good…thanks for the input on the rotation…*lol* about being addicted to the fear in the eyes…I do wonder why the seniors don’t take care of their shopping during the day when most folks are working.

Di :: sounds like a good TG w/out plan…I am looking to do about an hour per day also…on days when I can put in more cardio, great! But I’m figuring on 30 minutes per session. I worried that I might not lose while using the 4-day split, but even with less-than-stellar eating, it seems to be working, so I'm gonna stick with it and then re-evaluate again in another 4 weeks…let me know which one you settle on.

Hi Angie and Nancy!

[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Cathy: Enjoy your restful evening tonight. :) So do you have an uber long work out planned since you'll be out of work early tomorrow? }( I signed up for a hilly 15k. I must be outta my cotton-pickin' mind!:7

Hey girl,

OK, yeah, that sounds familiar...aahh, you'll do great! Where is this one again?...thanks! I'm hoping it's dry b/c I'd love to get out there and run. I haven't run since last Friday! ACK! I'm thinkin' I may also break out GS for this week since it's been awhile since I've used those. I don't know. I'm very indecisive this week, so for the remainder of the week, my only plan is to play by ear and go with the moment.

Laura: I hate when I finish food shopping and realize I've forgotten things! How annoying! Sorry that happened to you. My clients aren't complaining TOO much about DOMS. They are beginners and I don't want them to quit on me so though they are working hard, I am careful not to create DOMS that's TOO intense! LOL

Diana: I know what you mean about being sore. I have stretches where it seems every work out I do makes me sore and I just can't get a break. Perhaps that means an extra rest is an order or perhaps some good stretching sessions? That's what I do and it seems to help. :)I tend to do yoga though and if my memory serves me, you are one who is not fond of that, correct? Oh, and the foodstore wasn't crowded but they still managed not to have enough check out lines open!x(

Cathy: My race is local...Navesink. It's a good thing too as DH will be workin' that day so I'm going alone. I don't mind going to this one alone. I just worry about getting lost going there!:p I haven't had a chance to train for this race at all. I am a bit worried. :eek: I hope it dries up so you can hit the ground running again soon! This wet and cold crap is awful. I just hate it!:-( Oh, I've been meaning to ask...I assume when you talk about not being able to do pull ups you mean UNASSISTED, correct? So you will be doing as many assisted pull ups as you can on days where pull ups are in your new rotation? Just curious as that's what I do. I can do a few reverse grip chin ups unassisted (but starting w/a bent arm) so I will do them first and then move on to assisted ones until I can't do anymore. I usually end up with 10-15 reps of whatever style pull up I am doing in any one round.

Hi everyone http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-012.gif

Tonight my T-day vacation officially started.:) I went in today so that I could get a 5 day weekend. I know....greedy. I'm just so ready for a vacation. Although tomorrow will be cleaning since I have let things go at home.

Diana - I laughed reading your post about DH. He sounds just like mine! He's up and cheery at 4:30 and sleeping in for him is 6, but he usually doesn't sleep that late. I'll bet I could count on my one hand how many times I have ever gotten out of bed before him. And who in their right mind is cheery before coffee anyways??? I think our men are freeks of nature.:D
*lol* I should try the hummus and tofu. I just gotta psyche myself up to it. I'm gonna kick myself if I actually end up liking it.

Cathy - You don't like bridges? So going across the Mackinaw bridge is not something you'd want to do in northern Michigan then. It is kinda freeky and I'm not very skiddish about heights. When the wind kicks up and you can actually feel the bridge sway....well....that's a different story.....I'm not a big fan of that!
Can I ask why you schedule yoga at the beginning of the week? Wouldn't it be a nice break/stretch in the middle or towards the end of the week? Just wondering...... Your rotation looks killer though. You are going to know those 4DS workouts backwards and forwards.;)

Wendy - I always loved when I got to go home early unexpectedly. It's like a snow day.
So, still 2 clients to train? Did client #2 start to get serious with her training yet?
Oh my! A race on Sunday. You go girl!! You'll probably be one of the few Americans who actually loses weight over the holiday weekend.
;-)

Laura - I went to the grocery store today too but hit it before school got out so the checkouts were empty.:p I guess that's one advantage living in a rural area....pretty much everything can be scheduled around the school calendar. There weren't very many ORF's there either....old retired fu....I mean fOlks.:7 LOL! I call my parents ORF's all the time. Can't wait to be one someday.
I actually bought an unplanned turkey while I was there. After an $11 coupon, I got a 17# turkey for 66 cents a pound! It'll keep until Christmas....I just couldn't pass that deal up.
Yeah....I thought about you when Wendy posted earlier about inflicting pain on her people....I thought that sounded an awful lot like someone else here on our board.http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-023.GIF
You sound so happy! It sounds like you have a great day of work ahead of you with a long party weekend. Woooohoooo!

I'll check back with you all in the AM....with coffee of coarse.;-)

Angie

Hi Angie. We were posting at the same time. :)

I don't know about LOSING weight but hopefully I won't GAIN any! LOL

Enjoy your mini holiday vacation! Don't clean your day away tomorrow. Make sure you get a good kick butt work out in too!}(

Yeah, still 2 clients. My BFF is doing great! She's almost 15 pounds down! We weigh and measure again next week so I can't wait to see what the inches lost are now! The other gal still only comes once per week but supposedly works out at home. Who knows what she does but she is paying me so I train her! I just created a new work out for them for December and I put an X goodie in there from Back and Legs: 80/20 speed squats! I like them. They are a great burner with no weights. PERFECT way to torture my girls!;) }( LOL

Okay, time for me to get ready for bed now....

TTYL!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.