Cabs & Abs---> where are my gabbers??? Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, girlies!
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/hollysmile2.gif

It's been a quiet weekend for us Cabbers. Little lonely in here. :) Granted, I wouldn't expect anyone to be up w/ me NOW. (It's only 3:30 EST!! Been up since 2:30, but I should be wearin' out soon.)

Where's Ms. Ange been?
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/missingsmiley.gif You survive that party downstate?

Today will be 4DS CST premix + cardio TBD and pullups. *Might* try to squeeze in a 2nd leg w/out (perhaps a lighter mini-mosh) but we'll see. I do have a bunch of school work and Nat'l Board work I really want to pin my ears back and plow through. Will float in & out here, though, to see what my girls are up to.

Hope I didn't scare ya's away with my ghastly acne pic! *lol*
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/scaredsmiley.gif

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Morning cabbers on this wonderful Sunday

We got home late last night. After the party we went in to town and pretty much fininshed up our Christmas shopping. I got some amazing bargains!:) DH hates shopping....so the bargains were a definite bonus. I got BIL a fleece pullover at JCP for $5 with a coupon and it was originally $42. I also got my nephew a PSP game...we thought it was a $30 game and when we checked out it rang up at $5! Even the cashier was amazed. Plus we got an additional 10% off everything at the store since it was a one day special.:)
DH and I have agreed to NOT buy for each other.....so now I'm not sure what to get him*lol*. Actually, I'm not sure I will get him anything since I don't know what to get him.
After the long ride home we stopped in a town about 30 miles south of us and had dinner. I had crab legs and have a box full sitting in the frige. Yummy! And not too much guilt either.....except for the bit-o-butter that I just must dip the crab into.
It was a fun, productive, and yummy day yesterday.

Cathy - You sounded so happy yesterday. Has the Christmas spirit bit you in the butt?? Your not looking forward to the Christmas break are you?? :)
I think you are the only person I know who would be happy to be locked in a locker.:eek: Ever heard of "be careful what you wish for?" That also goes for that wishing you had a slab of Angies candy. Don't be mad at me when some chocolate covered treats show up on your doorstep.}(
What the heck are you doing up so early girl??? Don't you ever sleep?
I'm glad the Accutane worked so well for you....I think you look absolutely georgeous!
Your workout today sounds great! I'm missing my 4DS workouts...I'm hoping my rotation for next week calls them in.

Wendy - So did you knock out your Christmas shopping? I think half the chore is just knowing what to look for. I come up empty on some people and it makes me mad because I love to buy a gift for someone who really likes a gift that they didn't even know they wanted. Although, it is hard to do that....you have to know that person pretty darned well....but those are the perfect gifts.

Diana - Baking and making candy is more work than I ever realized. I guess just making one type of candy a day wouldn't be too bad, but when you make a half dozen things at once....it gets kinda hairy. I took a candy tray to the party yesterday and it went over pretty well. I told my kids to keep away. *lol* But there were so many deserts there that even I couldn't keep away.

Oh, and I had a great surprise this weekend too! Christmas came early for this cabber. Friday night we were sittin home and Mark's buddy came over and got that pool table out. ;-) He never called or anything...just showed up with a couple of other guys and took the table. They lingered at the bar in the basement while I finished up some more candy upstairs. DH had a good time with his buddies and I was walking on cloud 9 knowing that dammed thing was gone. So.....we took the truck downstate and picked up sis's EXT! It's downstairs now so I will be doing PushPull today and adding on some EXT time. It doesn't have an incline but it does have 10 levels of resistence. OMG it really digs in the glutes and quads and I was only trying it out at her house for about a minute. Oh, I hope this helps get that flub off my hip and thigh area.

I have bags and stuff all over the place from all the stuff I hauled in here last night. I guess it's time to clean it all up and I gotta get those darned cards done today and maybe some gifts wrapped. Christmas is only a week away!:eek: :eek: http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Holidays_and_Party/xmas-115.gif

I'll check back with you all and have a teriffic day all!!

Angie

ETA....I'm here without kids or DH. Ahhhhhhh! Today is and OUTSTANDING DAY!!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Babies/dancing-baby.jpg
Don't get me wrong....I love them dearly.....but when I have so much to do it really is nice to have just ME time....ya know?

Hey Cabbers!:)

I'm checkin' in late but I'm here!

I did Lower Impact Step combos and blasts only and then did 20 minutes of yoga. Now I need a shower. DH had to leave at the last minute to go help his dad with something so who knows how long he'll be gone! We put up the tree and decorated a bit this morning and were gonna hang out and bake some cookies later. Who knows if we'll have time for that now. x(

Well, I should grab a shower before I offend the dog!:p

BBIAB!:)

Hey. I'm back. :)

Cathy: Yikes! 2:30 in the morning!? Holy cow! What time did you finally pass out today? :p I hope you were able to get some work done amidst the napping and more importantly I hope you got your work out in! I DO have priorities you know!;) You didn't scare anyone away with your pics! I'll tell you girl, no one would ever know you had an acne problem now! I'm glad the accutane worked for you and I hope you don't ever have to go back on the med again!:)

Angie: WOW, you really got some bargains! Man oh man, why can't I get that lucky when I shop!? LOL I am not a fan of crab but my DH would probably be jealous of your dinner last night! Glad the pool table is outta there! I know I hate it when things that aren't being used are clogging up space in my home! I have 3 pieces of exercise equipment that are currently in that category. I need to get 'em on ebay for "pick up only" and get 'em the heck outta here!}( My Christmas shopping is almost done. I've started wrapping too so I'm a happy camper. We put up the tree and decorations this morning as well. :)

Hi Girls,

Well I ended up not working out yesterday after all. My nephew wanted to take us out to dinner after babysitting for them. We had a nice dinner and the kids were great. I did however get my family christmas cards ready to go. I still need to work on the "friends" christmas cards but am happy to have the family cards done. I finally filed this morning and got all that paper clutter off the table and desk!:)

I'm doing laundry now and need to go shopping. I'm thinking of doing PUB and a cardio today, but I better get to it soon or the day will slip away.

Cathy-Sorry you are having trouble sleeping. My MIL has a terrible time sleeping and now that she's retired she says its no problem. She simply gets up if she's awake in the middle of the night and if she has to sleep in-that's okay. Of course, that doesn't work for those of us who need to get up in the morning. Hope you can get in a cat nap or 2 today.

Angie-Wow, you got some real bargains. Good for you!!! I love the elliptical and hope you will love yours too. Let us know what you think of it.

Wendy-Good job getting your workout in! Sorry DH had to run out on the weekend. Hopefully he'll be home soon!

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

Angie :: great job on the bargains yesterday! Glad you had fun at the party…I wouldn’t say I’m crazy gung-ho in the spirit, but yeah, I’m happy. Busy but happy…Hey, I figure if I’m in the locker, I can get some peace and quiet…*lol*. I don’t know what got me up, but I just couldn’t fall back to sleep…I did nap for about an hour this afternoon, though. It’s been a very productive day for me. Thank you so much for the compliment!! I was overweight for a few years, and then just as I started to lose, the adult acne kicked into overdrive, so I spent quite awhile not feeling attractive at all, but now that's changing…Yesterday in the ski shop, these two older guys that worked there kept, well, *raving* about me…I was all embarrassed and turned beet red, but I have to admit, it felt pretty good. Woohoo! The pool table’s gon—wha?? Bar in the basement? Holy hell! That's my kinda basement!! *lol* SO happy you got your EXT…yippeeeeee!!! I am with you—let’s burn off this flub!!

Wendy :: was wondering what you were up to this morning…it’s never the same without ya!…sounds like a nice combo today…hope you do get to make those cookies!…I napped from about 12:15 – 1 and then worked out. I worked all morning and will continue working as soon as I take a quick shower. I *usually* don’t miss weekend workouts!!

Di :: that was so nice of your nephew…I sometimes get into weird sleep patterns…not too much of a problem on the weekends… Enjoy PUB & whatever cardio you choose!

I did 4DS CST and must say, man, I love the premixes better than the workouts produced!! Really love the order of the exercises and it seems to give me better DOMS. I’ve got some in the bi’s from yesterday and will surely have some everywhere else tomorrow…Afterward, I did the first 20 min. of Basic Step on the BOSU…whoo, my quads were feelin’ it!!!! Didn't feel a need to do any leg mishmosh after that…I finished with 10 min. on the EXT at a 10 degree incline and 4 pullups/4 chinups.

Gonna go post on the cheetahs real quick, shower up, and keep movin'!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!

Diana, Glad you had a nice dinner with your nephew. That was nice of him to take you out for watching his kids.

Cathy, Nope. No cookies. :-( We still plan to do it though. Haven't given up on the idea yet!:9

Well DH didn't get home until between 6:30 and 7pm. I cooked while he was on his way home so we had a nice salmon dinner. I made it with green beans, peas and black beans all sauteed together in a little olive oil (VERY tastey!) and then made a boxed pasta thing for him that I didn't eat. Now we are just awaiting bed time for the munchkin. He normally goes to sleep at 8 so it's almost time...

ACK! I can't believe it's already Sunday evening. The weekends just fly by wether they are fun or not! x(

Have a good night ladies.

Where in the heck did this day go??x( I hate when this happens on the weekends. I did PP and then added on 25 minutes on the elliptical. I stretched pretty good afterwards so I don't know if I will have "new exercise" DOMS tomorrow or not. I like it so far but still need to figure out some things. My sister didn't have the paperwork ready that came with it but said she will find it and bring it up with her next weekend.
I still haven't started my Christmas cards yet and that was the ONE thing I wanted to have done today.:( I do have the pictures printed and cut out and also have the yearly re-cap sheet ready to go, so it's just a matter of putting addresses on envelopes and signing names. I'm still gonna try and knock most of those out tonight.

Wendy - I'll bet you feel great about having most of your shopping, decorating, and wrapping done. It looks like Tuesday will be my wrapping day. I will also need to figure out if there are any last minute gifts to get as well.
So what 3 pieces of equipment don't you like that you want to get rid of? It's the right time of year to put those up for sale and get them gone....with new years resolutions just around the corner.

Diana - The days do slip by fast don't they? It didn't get away from you did it? What w/o did you get done?

Cathy - Oh yeah! The basement is fully finished with it's own bathroom, spare bedroom, gas fireplace, and bar with a mini frige....that's generally full of DH's beer. Our basement actually has more character than the rest of the house. We finished it after we lived in the house for a while and waited until we had the money to pay for it and get it done like we wanted to.:)
A productive day feels great doesn't it? I love it when I have those days....that feeling of accomplishment is hard to beat.
That's great about the comments at the ski shop.;-) It makes all the hard work worth it.
And you did do some hard work today didn't you? Whoa! I'll bet tomorrows yoga will feel great.:)

OK....I'd better start to tackle those cards

Have a great night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.