Cabs & Abs ---> Wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls-- :)

Up extra early to do my TT workout. I bagged it yesterday because I got so sucked into my new TV obsession, I *had* to watch the next 3 episodes back-to-back. :7 It's becoming a real nailbiter!

Di -- So how are those legs feelin' today? That must be the M.O. of those outdoor BC classes -- fry the legs. Mine felt like they would give out after the torture sessions we would do on the bleachers to finish off the class. I had to groan on your behal about the harness training. I remember doing that in HS w/ one of my coaches. Tough stuff! Good job gettin' 'em movin' despite the pain...Yeah, I haven't kept up the mileage during May for a variety of reasons, but during the bulk of the training over the next two months, that won't be an issue...I decided to keep WW online and began tracking again yesterday. Need the accountability.

OK, I guess I am otherwise caught up, so let me scarf somethin' quick and get to sweatin'. We are on a trip today in the NY Harbor.

Have a fab day!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning Ladies!!

I got up early to come into work early b/c I will run over at lunch b/c of hair appnt .. dang if I didn't meet every slow poke on the road .. not to mention get behind a HUGE Hay Bailer Tractor ON THE MAIN highway .. WTH???? You could not get around the monster .. so I only ended up getting in 10 minutes early!!!x(

I had an uber small class again!!:-( not sure if the heat .. or the economy or what is happening .. the gym has not had a lot of traffic either!!! I may have to cut back on my classes if it keeps on like this ??? Had an awesome w/o none the less.. my back and core region is a little bit sore today!!}(

Di .. OMG ... that is a killer BC class!! :eek: How in the world did you manage another w/o after that????? and goodness woman you should be dropping some #'s w/that kind of intensity!!!! Bet the legs are screaming at you today!!!

Cathy ... Obsessed w/Dexter ... cant say that I blame you!!! LOL

Wendy .. how is the potty training drama going???

Angie ... maybe you will have good weather for your long weekend! We still have not gotten rain .. not a drop!! x( BUT there were places all around us that got some .. which dropped the temps a bit .. so it is supposed to be around 94 today .. so not as bad as the weekend and first of the week!!

OK . .getting hair done at lunch!! OMG ..it needs a cut so bad!!! YIKES ... going to rush home after work .. to see DH for about 20 min. b-4 he leaves for work .. have not seen him since Sunday ... :(
after he leaves I am gonna finish up painting the doors in the pool/sun room ... worked on one last night after class .. got aggrevated b/c could not get the stupid top off of the paint can .. LOL .. guess I wore my muscles out in class .. I cussed and thought I was not going to get it open .. but my stubborness prevailed!! LOL

Have a great one .. and w/o some for me today .. today is my rest day!!:7

Hi Ladies,

I did APX upper body this morning. I really like this weight workout. My shoulders were already sore from the multi joint work on Monday, now they are really fried.

The temps are back in the 70's today so if it's not too windy, I'm going to go for a run at lunch. My marathon training starts next week and I will have to do my running in the morning. I don't anticipate that being a problem until the mileage gets up there. I'm probably okay timewise in the mornings for 7-8 miles. Anything longer than that and I'm going to have get up earlier-yuck.

I'm still reading the NROL4W book and unfortunately will have to take measurements and step on the scale this weekend. I will have some calculations to do this weekend. I'm using fitday pc to track my food intake and so far so good this week.

Cathy-congratulations completing your first TT workout. A trip to the harbor sounds wonderful. Have you noticed a difference in your legs with all the running?

Laura-I also had to be to work early and got stuck behind some slow movers and a huge truck. I made it just on time even though I left earlier. I think many folks are on vacation and that's why your class is smaller. You think 94 is not too bad-that's suffocatingly hot to me.

Wendy-you must be working this morning since we haven't heard from you. Hope you are having a great day.

Angie-mornin' girl. What's on your agenda today?

Diana

Hi Girls.

I'm here. I actually didn't have work this morning and didn't feel like heading to the gym for cardio so Joey and I went to the park instead. It was hot but nice. There was a breeze at times and it was very pleasant in the shade. We could BREATHE today!:p

At nap time I'll be doing my HIIT. I think I will use Plyo X for the high intervals and use my gym boss and do my own thing for the low intervals. I'll let you know how it works out when I'm done. }(

BBL

Good Afternoon.

Well Plyo X, as much as it kicks my butt, did not lend itself well to HIIT. I tried 2 rounds with it and then switched to something else. I used Nadia's warm up move from BBC Butt and Legs. I did it fast for the high end and slow for the low end. I did this for another 4 rounds. It was definately puke status HIIT! }( I'm glad it's over. ;) When I was done I did the streches from Awaken the Body.

I'm officially beat now and need a shower...

BBL for personals though!:)

Laura :: I think a lot of people are driving exactly the speed limit now, too, to save gas. Enjoy your haircut & rest day.

Di :: ahhh, 70s sounds perfect...hope the wind held off...I will be doing early-bird runs as well, which will work well with my summer schedule...No, it'd be kinda hard to see results with the I backslide I have been in lately. Not likin' what I'm seeing, so as of yesterday, I've gotten myself back on track. But generally, May was not a good workout month. I kept to all my long runs for the most part (the one was a little shy of what it needed to be), but other workouts and mileage were sub-par. Between the insomnia week, the grading/work/NB craziness, and that sinus infection, I was thrown off quite a bit. I have to manage things better next school year. Anyway, when my mileage increases, my stubborn legs *do* respond. I think the EXT makes a difference, too. But I'm thinkin' I may have to return to the legs & glute rotation (Aug. 04 or 05). That worked well for me last summer. I'm also going to focus on the core during training.

Wendy :: good job with the ultra-intense HIIT.

And a shout-out to Angie...how goes it in your neck o' the woods today?

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi girls

Guess what? I got my CC workouts in the mail today so I just HAD to sub out yoga for a CC.:7 :p Ya, like I wasn't gonna do that anyways right?? So I did CC#8. It was definitely a calorie burner but it was more endurance based than HIIT. I didn't really like the stretch at the end, but I can sub that out for other stretches so that's no big deal. I can't wait to try #7 and PP.
I've still got a lot of stuff to do today, but I'll get to it after dinner. I'm looking forward to getting the heck outta dodge.

Cathy - Shoutin' right back at ya.;-) Good job in getting that early w/o in. It does feel good to get it out of the way doesn't it?
How was the trip today?
Grrrrr....stop all the positive talk on TT and the GB!}( :p You're gonna give my credit card a workout.

Laura - It never fails, when you're in a hurry there's always slow pokes in front of you.x(
Do you have that pool room almost done? It sure sounds like you are getting close.
I'd love to do some type of rain dance to send this darned rain south! It's not looking good for the race this weekend.;(
Enjoy your rest day and your time with DH.:*

Diana - What's APX? I'm blanking out on that one.
Glad you are liking NROL4W. I'm taking that one with me this weekend but not holding my breath that I'll actually read it. *lol*

Wendy - Congrats on that HIIT. Those workouts make me wanna puke too. I'm not a huge fan of that feeling though.:eek:
So glad the weather is becoming tolerable in your neck of the woods.

OK girls - gotta go make dinner and then finish packing and planning. I think I may even have a CAB as a warm up for what's to come this weekend. Later girls.....

Laura: Sorry about the slow traffic on the way to work this morning. Hope you had a nice visit with DH before he went to work. ;) Sorry your classes are slow but I don't think it's too unusual for certain things to slow down in the summer months as people will spend A LOT more time outdoors when the weather is warmer.

Diana: Hope you got in a good run. So who's mary training plan are you following? Glad you are enjoying APX.

Cathy: How was the class trip today? Sounded lovely. It sure was nice weather for it!:)

Ang: Yeah, I can't say I enjoy puke status either but that's what HIIT is all about so I deal. }( :7 Glad you liked CC vol 8. I have still have to try 2 of the 3 CC's I acquired right before starting the After Burn program. Perhaps I'll do one on the elliptical one day next week. :)

Well my backside is a-burnin'. I'll be very lucky if I can walk tmrw!:p }( :7

I am going to play tmrw by ear...if I am really sore I am going to take a rest day and just do some stretching/yoga. If I end up being Okay it's back to the After Burn weight work!:) I did not rest last week so if I need to rest tmrw I will not feel bad at all. I have a 5 mile race coming up on saturday morning. I'd like fresh legs for it if at all possible so we'll see.

Good Night ladies!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.