CABs and Abs ----> Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, ladies! :)

Back to work for me this morning (no kids yet). So, my workout will be this afternoon/evening: a B&G premix or mishmosh plus a run.

Angie :: good to see you back...it sounds like several of us need to reign in the eating...I spent most of the day working yesterday, too...DOH!...I didn't mean to, but I got into a ZONE and couldn't stop. I really need to stop obsessing and RELAX!!!...I don't really have a definitive answer from the MRI...An abnormality was detected - too much cerebrospinal fluid is building up and one side of the brain is a little enlarged. I was told I could have been born with this or that it might have been the result of head trauma (I can't think of what that could have been). So, I am waiting for the referral to go through and then I'll make an appointment with a neurologist. It can't be anything serious or I'm sure I would have been sent to the hospital.

Hi Wendy, Diana, Laura, and Nancy! Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Mornin' Folks!

The holiday weekend is over. The summer "season" is over. BOO HOO!:-( ;( :-( ;(

Cathy: I was laughing while reading your post from y'day about the races. It was funny but very sweet. THANK YOU! It's so nice to get excited about this stuff and know I can come here and my excitement will be TRULY appreciated and understood. :) Ofcourse DH is proud of me and excited for me and I guess he can relate simply in that when he does well at bowling he gets excited. Others will surely be happy for me but will have no idea where I am coming from, ya know? I hope you have a good first day of school today girl!:)

Angie: Sounds like you had a food weekend! Don't worry, so did I! I stuck in the healthy stuff where I could but over all the weekend was a huge failure where good eating was concerned. I had CABS, steak, ice cream, burgers, a hot dog, zeppola...and that's not even ALL of it!:eek:

Well, I finally have a rest day today. I am workin' this morning and then tonight I am off to train my BF and a friend of hers. :)

Have a great day.
I'll BBL!

Good "back to school" mornin' to everyone!

My kids commented this morning that today was like a holiday for me. *lol* Oh yes! I have been looking forward to it.;-) The boys were up before I was and looking spiffy too. They even had their teeth brushed and hair combed before I even asked them to do it....that's BIG!:eek: Hmmmmmm.....I wonder if they are trying to impress someone?? So, even though they say they are not happy to be going back, their actions say something totally different. I'm off to buy them some spiffy and new school supplies today.....too bad Cathy was working today as I'm sure she would love to go too.;-)

I caught up on the posts I missed since I was gone....that would have been too funny to see you girls come knocking at my door.:) We would have had plenty of CABs to go around. I actually "invented" a new drink this weekend.......raspberry flavored vodka with diet sprite.....yummy! It tastes like those bomb pops I used to enjoy as a kid. And......no hangover!!:D :p Although, I didn't drink very much as I was kinda weary about how I might feel the next day.

Wendy - that is so cool about your times on the races! You should be excited.:) Way to go!!!
I'm sure you have all kinds of ideas about what you might do with your new clients tonight. So, are you freelance or are you doing this thru your gym?

Cathy - How exciting for you to be going back! I know you had a lot of prep going into this year. I'll bet you'll get all kinds of comments from your students on your new corner.
So do you have your appt. yet for the neuro? Hmmmmmm...maybe that explains the migranes? That'd be great if it can be treated and make your migranes history!

Laura - Hopefully with the school year starting things will settle down a little bit at the asylum for you....but I guess I wouldn't bet on it - *lol*

Hey Diana and Nancy - missed you all while I was gone. Hopefully you all are having a good day getting back into the swing of things.

Well I'm off to get all sorts of chores done today. I have a car packed full of recyclables and a walmart list as long as my arm. I guess I better get to it......I have to admit....not very excited about my physical. ;( :) Just one of those things that needs to be done I guess.

I'll check back with you later girls

Angie

Morning Ladies ... I'm baaaaack!

Ok .. update . .Friday was more insane than usual here at the asylum ... no one got a reg. lunch it was so busy .. had to call people up from the back to help out .. it was nonstop all day long .. unbeleivable!!x(

so I still have not exercised .. although the TB is feeling better .. still unable to lie down on my back .. and have to ROLL OVER to get out of bed .. pitiful! I am debating on trying to teach tonight .. DH warned me NOT to .. he says give it ONE MORE week .. WTH?? I will be as big as a side of the barn by then!! aahhhh .. still may cancel .. don't want to re-injure it .. b/c we are going deep sea fishing this weekend .. LAST chance b-4 snapper season goes out!

aahhhhhh .. feeling fat and huge .. and in bad need of some cardio or weights .. but don't want to hurt it worse .. b/c class last Monday was what made it worse than it was! DANG IT!x(

Glad everyone had a great long weekend ..

Wendy .. congrats on the race .... we are going to re-name you Speed Demon Wendy!!

Cathe - welcome back to reality .. work .. I am sure you are going to have a wonderful start to the new school year!!

Angie - sounds like you had a great camping trip!! I have been indulging in CABS and some junk food since I am grounded from exercise .. I keep telling myself it will not show! LOL;-) .. so the boys think you are on vacation w/o them in the house .. that is hillarious!!

Diana - so if Angie is on vacation w/o the kids does that mean you are too??? hope work is better for you ..

Nancy ... hope you had a great long weekend .. hang in there!

OK .. it has taken me about one hour to write this b/c it is so busy in here .. better get to work ... hope everyone has a great Tuesday that is a Monday .. and remember PLEASE workout some for me .. need acalorie burning sweatfest .. how 'bout that??

have a great one!:7

Hi Ladies,

Well I'm back from the mountains, the kids and I came back yesterday. DH is still up there with my parents. My dad really enjoys his company. DH will probably take my dad out fishing. The kds are back in school today so I have the house to myself:) I have a terrible sinus infection and it's nice to have your own bed to sleep in when your sick.

I have dermabrasion/chem peel this afternoon. It is my birthday present to myself. They really get in there really good. They do the microdermabrasion first, then the chemical peel on your newly visible skin. My skin would be so much better if I could afford to have them done on a regular basis. I'm also getting my hair cut today and going grocery shopping. My face is way too red to be seen in public after my derm/peel.

I haven't had a chance to see what everyone did this past weekend but hope you all had fun.

Cathy-happy 1st day of school!

Wendy-from the post it sounds like you must've had PR in your race(s) this weekend. I'm so happy for you, great job!

Angie-my eating hasn't been very good either. I'm home now so I can get back on track. It wasn't terrible, just too much food overall.

Hi to Laura and Nancy, I'll check back later to see what you ladies are up to.

Diana

Afternoon folks!:)

Angie: Your new drink sounds super yummy. I'll have to try it some time! I am training on my own-just my best friend and now a gal she is close with from work as of tonight. I am doing it for a little extra cash and a little experience while looking for a job in a gym. :) Hope your boys had a good first day of school. I wonder if they'll ever admit to whom they were trying to impress today? ;)

Diana: What a great gift for yourself. Enjoy it! Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope it passes soon. Glad you and the kids had fun in the mountains. How long is your DH staying on with your parents now? That's so nice that they get along so well. :) Yes, I PR'd on BOTH races! The one on saturday is a very hilly 5K course in a park that I've run several times with a friend but saturday was the first time I participated in the actual race there and I PR'd for that course coming in at 31.56! Yesterday's race was an overall PR for a flat 5k coming in at 29.42! I NEVER got below 31 in ANY 5k and managed to pull out a sub 30! THRILLED is not even a strong enough word for how happy I am about this!!!!:+ :+ :+

Laura: As much as I can feel your frustration and would be wanting to teach class if I were in your shoes, I must agree with DH and say that you shouldn't do it yet. If you are still that uncomfortable then you need to back off for a bit longer. Sorry!:-(

So I got on the scale this morning and I was NOT happy. Regardless of my 10 days of non-stop work outs, the eating caught up with me! I've gained about 3 pounds and I am NOT happy about that!x( I am doing good today so far and gotta keep up the trend through the week. I have to put a dress on saturday night and would like to feel GOOD about it!

Once DS is off to his nap I am hoping to catch a quickie snooze myself and then do some house cleaning since I will have lots more time with no work out to do.

I'll be back later!

K...so there has been no nap AND no cleaning! YIKES! I have big doing NOTHING constructive since my last post! Time to get to it, ey? :p

Hi again girls

It's been raining like the devil here all day long! I got home, scarfed down some lunch, put away some groceries, and have decided it is just too late to go into work now. The kids'll be home in about an hour and I want to hear all about it.:) I'm sure all the work won't be going anywhere and will just have to wait until tomorrow. The annual physical is now over! However, their scale says I'm 7 pounds up from 2 weeks ago - ACK!!x( So, I'm gonna have to go down and find a Tony w/o since he helps me lose those dreaded pounds.:) Then next week will be my rotation and when Cathe's new stuff comes out I will sub those in as well.

Cathy - You must still be in the working zone. I can't wait to hear about your first day.:)

Diana - Welcome back. I'm glad you decided to treat yourself although Booo about the sinus infection. Pamper yourself by getting in lots of fluids, lots of rest, and curl up on the couch with your favorite blankee.;-) Hope you feel better soon. Sending hot soup your way......

Wendy - Have a good snooze. I'm sure you'll look great in that dress Saturday night. With all of that exercise you have been doing lately, I wouldn't worry too much about the scale. That stupid scale has no idea that you just kicked a$$ in those races.:7 I'll bet you are just retaining some water. Have fun with your w/o tonight.
I'm sure the boys will NOT tell their mother who they are trying to impress. Cameron is trying to impress any girl who will pay attention to him...lol. Cody on the other hand, I'm sure has a particular girl in mind but will take great pains to make sure I don't find out who it is. Geez - like I would tease him about it or something. *lol*

Laura - I feel so bad for you!:( It's pretty obvious that this no workout schedule you have going on is not agreeing with you. I'm sure it doesn't help that things are crazy at work.x( Tony and I will do some grunting for you today. Hmmmmmm...that doesn't sound right does it? *lol*:7

Nancy - I'm thinking you have been back to school for a while now. Hope everything is going OK for you there. Still thinking about you and cheering for you too Nancy!!

OK girls....gotta go get into my w/o clothes, pick some things up, and hopefully get a full report from the boys before I hit the basement.

Angie

Hi again!:)

Angie: So did you get the first day of school report from the boys before your work out? I hope it was a good one! Which work out did you choose? Perhaps Cody will submit to a little "tickle torture" and let the cat out of the bag so to speak on who he's got his eye on!}( I am glad that you think this weight gain of mine only water. I hope you are right and I hope it goes away soon!

Well, I managed to redeem myself for my laziness before. I actually did NOT nap and ended up cleaning up around here after all!:D I got a lot done. The house looks nice. I'm happy. I am currently munching on a bowl of cereal while DS watches the Wiggles. I'll be making him dinner soon so that he can eat before I head out the door around 5:15 to train. DH, unfortunately, is on his own for supper but I intend to make sausage and peppers for dinner tmrw night so he will be happy then!:9

I am quite curious to find out how Cathy's first day back on the job went. I know she doesn't have kids yet but it's still got to be similar to a kid's first day back. Don't you think? :7

I guess I have babbled enough.

I'll BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.