CABs and Abs --> Thanksgiving Eve

RunninTeach

Cathlete
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/greetingsandsigns/th_Good20Morning.gif , girlies! Today I can smile BIG http://forums.s2kca.com/images/smilies/biggrinbounce.gif even before my tea. Short workday since we worked beyond our contract Monday to accommodate later conferences…it’s a sweet deal! Woohoo!

Wendy :: Ohhh, OK re the pull-ups…yes, I meant unassisted. How do I assist myself? Stand on a chair and bend my arms? I didn’t pay that much attention to what they did in the X b/c I was so busy readying my bands, and I’m not sure I truly understand how to do them assisted. Duh….. :) I like those speed squats, too…In January, I may try to incorporate some of the X workouts, so I can do more pullup work…I looked at the Lean rotation as a consideration before I worked up my new rotation but found it odd that you neglect bi’s & tri’s for a number of weeks with that one. It also didn’t appear that you were getting that much cardio with it.

Angie :: Yahtzee! A five day break is sweeeeet. Enjoy it ~ you certainly earn it with how hard you work…Not fond of bridges, no. I don’t have meltdowns or anything, but my palm do get moist when I drive over them…I do yoga (or a stretch routine) on Mondays b/c (usually) I work out harder on Saturdays and Sundays when I have more time. And it’s always a nice, relaxing way to start the work week…You got me absolutely crackin’ up this morning re: ORFs. Never heard that one before…great deal on that turkey!!

Hi Laura, Diana, and Nancy!

This afternoon will be weights (TBD) and a run (weather permitting). BBL to check in with ya's! Have a great one!

Morning Cabbers!:D

Cathy: In the X they assist in pull ups by putting a chair in front of them backwards (so the seat is not facing you) and putting one foot on the top of the back of a chair. You use the foot to help get you up and you don't remove your feet from the chair unless you want to do the exercise unassisted. I tried that but the chair doesn't stay stable for me so I use 2 feet. I am very careful about only using the assistance as much as I need to. It's very easy to cheat and help yourself TOO much. LOL Just so you know-incase you are worried about ever being able to do lots of unassisted pull ups...it's a nice accomplishment to be able to do them w/o the chair BUT you DON'T need to do UNassisted pull ups to get the results from them!}( Now if standing on a chair to enable you to start in a bent arm position is all you need as far as assistance then go for it. That's what I do when I want to get my measely 3 unassisted reverse grip chin ups done! LOL

Well, I slept in again today (grumble!). Oh well. I guess I'm tired....

I am thinking of going to the gym today for a run while DS is napping since DH should be home. If not, it'll be some other cardio here at home. We'll see what happens.

Gotta get ready for work now.
BBL

Good morning girls http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-coffee-35.gif

I was actually prepared to be awoke by the boys this morning with their usual auguing but the phone rang at 8:30. I didn't get up to answer it, but I did at least get up. I finished reading the chapter last night in BFFM that said if you want to be at your physical best you need to learn to be a morning person.}( I don't think so! Sorry Tom, but I'm gonna have to pass on that one.:7

Yesterday I did IMAX2 and today will be the X B&B with great body abs. I didn't take the holiday off but I'll have to get both my workouts on Thrusday and Friday in early since I have Thanksgiving dinner on both of those days. I even bought some of my flavored vodka at the grocery store yesterday so the next couple of days should be fun. My weigh in of Friday morning should be interesting....

Wendy - The speed squats are a great exercise. They'll wind you fast. What great results with your friend!! That's awesome. I'll bet she's getting all kinds of compliments....those are addictive. It doesn't sound like you are very convinced that #2 is exercising at home on her own. She obviously hasn't formed a love/hate relationship with Cathe yet. When newbies ask me which Cathe video to start with I usually tell them about the wedding video since it has easy choreo (but makes you sweat) and also a weight section. I still pull that one out now and then. I wish I would've started with that one.

Cathy - Ahhhhh....that makes sense with the Monday now. I was thinking Monday was the start of your workout week. I've brainwashed myself that Sunday and sometimes Saturday is rest so that's were I got lost.
Hope you get better weather than what we're getting now. It's dreary England like weather today but it will be turning to snow tonight. We're supposed to wake up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground tomorrow.
Sounds like you have a long weekend too. Just a half day today and then 4 days off! So are you heading out somewhere or staying home?

So who's making Thanksgiving dinner?? Thanks to MIL and mom, I don't have to make it.;-) I have to make a green bean casserole and spinach dip....other than that, I'm off the hook.

Hi Diana and Laura and Nancy

I'll check back in a bit.

Angie

Morning all .. and happy almost turkey day!!

I just talked to my friend w/cancer in TX .. OH MY .. she sounds so good .. and says the chemo is shrinking the cancer and they upped the chemo .. but so far she has not been throwing up .. it has just made her weak .. but she said she was not complaining b/c she is so blessed to have friends and be as loved as she has felt she is. Bless her heart!!:)

Well .. I am all dressed in my Auburn colors .. have dip in hand .. and everyone brought all kinds of foods .. and beleive me I am not even hungry now!! No lunch for me .. gonna be snacky foods only!

DH is sick .. bless his heart ... he can't talk .. he is all stuffed up and has a slight fever and looks like crap!!:( .. he starts midnight shift tonight .. poor baby .. and will be sick on Thanksgiving .. I made him sleep in the guest room and would not kiss him .. I do NOT want to be sick ...

Tonight after work .. going home and going to start baking this new recipe .. and Elvis Presley cake .. a girl here made it and it is AWESOME and actually looks really easy to make!

Angie .. my menu: I am cooking the turkey, sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese bake, marinated cole slaw, fresh sauteed squash and the Elvis cake. My mother is making the dressing and giblet gravy. My aunt is bring TWO cakes. My SIL is making a corn casserole. :eek: so beleive me I will not be counting calories tommorrow! LOL

I am going to make the cake and the marinated cole slaw tonight and everything else tomorrow. I think I am going to try to walk the dogs while DH sleeps .. but it may rain (which is a very good thing) .. so it will depend on that!

OK .. gotta run .. about to run some errands .. NO GROCERY STORE though .. LOL .. then come back and snack some more!

Will BBL to check in w/you gals!
Have a great one .. and if any of you are traveling please take care and be cautious. We have had some horrible wrecks occurr here lately!

WAAAAAAARRRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!:7

Hi Ladies,

It's a pretty slow day here and the time seems to be dragging. Hopefully they will let us go home early. I need to back here no later than 6am tomorrow morning. I am relieving the night person so I don't want to be late.

I did GS BSB this morning. I really love the GS series! I did schedule tomorrow as a rest day since I will be working until noon and then going MIL's for dinner.

Cathy-Enjoy your short day today, and your long weekend too! I personally turn the chair around and use the seat of the chair to assist as the other way is very unstable for me. Like Wendy said, you need to only use enough pressure to assist, not just bend you knees up and down. I usually try to keep my knees straght with my heels on the seat of the chair in front of me. Keeping my knees straight really forces me to work and pull myself up. Just a suggestion for you to try.

Wendy-Your friend is doing great! I bet you are both happy about that. I hope you have fun on your Sunday race. It sounds like a great time. Slow and steady is my motto.

Angie-I'm not a morning person, but I do get up and workout in the early morning. It's the only time I can get it done. Thankfully I don't have to talk to anyone because it would not be a pleasant experience for them!

Laura-Can I come to your house for Thanksgiving dinner? Your spread sounds delicious! No calorie counting here either, but I will try to limit my dessert intake (wish me luck).

Hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving.

Diana

Hi again girls

I am draggin my feet on that w/o. I'm waiting for one load of laundry to get done so I can fold it and get my butt downstairs. I went to get my spinach dip stuff together to make when I realized I didn't have the soup mix I needed.}( I was instantly pi$$ed! Now I have to go to the grocery store sometime today. So, Laura, I feel your pain.:-(

Laura - Glad your friend is doing so well. I'll bet the holidays will be x-tra specail for her this year.
Hope DH is feeling better soon. So, on top of making an awesome dinner:9 , you also have to nurse DH back to health. Maybe you'll be making some chicken soup tonight eh?
Have fun rooting on your team this weekend!!

Diana - I love the GS series too! I love the fact that there are so many workouts to choose from. I love the music. And, I love the way Cathe's arms look in that series....I want those arms. I think she looks like da bomb in that series. Not that she doesn't look great all the time, but I just think she looks uber muscular in this series.
Enjoy your rest day tomorrow. Booo that you have to work. It sounds like you have thought of a lot of stuff to keep you busy. The bands sound like a great idea! You can always check in here....I don't know about everyone else, but I'll be here earlier in the day and then again after we get home from our mid-day meal.

I still haven't decided what I'm gonna do after this X/Cathe rotation is finally done next week. I think I'm gonna be over the X for a while and a GS rotation for a while sounds good. But, I also liked the fitnessfreak rotation that Di posted too. So many choices......what to do?

Angie

Afternoon Ladies. :)

I am showered and have just sat down with some java...

I took advantage of DH being home this afternoon like I wanted to and went to the gym after lunch. I did Itread 20/60 mins and ran 5.35 miles with it. Tough but awesome work out. I'm toast!}(

Angie: LOL about you never becoming a morning person. No worries. Some folks just aren't. Heck, I get up early but need my time with my coffee and PC before I am human anyway so I am not a TRUE morning person. I just enjoy the quiet time to myself. :) So who said the gals I am training do Cathe??? Not me!:p My BFF comes to my place to train one time per week so I "cheat" and have her do Cathe's warm ups and stretches lots of times but she and the other gal would FREAK if I had them do a Cathe vid. I know they could do the weight work outs and just use lighter weights but it's not worth the crying I'd have to endure! LOL There is NO WAY IN HELL they would be able to do the cardio though...not yet anyway!*evil laugh* }(

Laura: That's great news about your friend with cancer. Hope DH feels better soon. Your T-Day dinner sounds YUMMY!:9

Diana: Sorry you have to work in the morning. I hope they let you get out early today. Enjoy your dinner tomorrow at MIL's. I am going to take this race slow because it has hills. If I try to take it too fast I will burn out before it's over and it's not just a 5k! I have to remember it's a long race (well, for me anyway!) so I need to treat it like I treated the half so that I don't run into trouble. I am going to be especially careful because I am going alone. DH has to work on Sunday.

Okay, gtg for now but I'll be back!:7

Hola

This trip to the grocery store is done and so is B&B and GBA! I just did not feel like exercising today. I think it has a little to do with the darness at 5:15pm. I hate such a short day. Plus, I'm PMSing it, and I'm hating EVERYTHING today.}( This is such a crappy time to be irritable. Although, I'm not sure when a good time to be irritable is....LOL.

Wendy - What I meant was that if #2 was a Cathe fan, she might be more inclined to workout at home on her own. But, it sounds like she is not to that point yet. Just a little more time with you, and who knows?
Yikes! Sounds like an awesome workout today!
Are you going to take it easy the next couple of days in preparation for the run?

Gotta fly.....

Angie

Hey Angie.

Yeah, I have a P90 Masters work out or 2 and some yoga on tap from now until race day. I'm just not sure of the order I'll do them in. The day after the race will be a complete rest day thank you very much!:7

ANYTIME is a good time for irritability. It's a woman's perogative!}( After all, we DO have to put up with MEN, don't we!? Pefect excuse right there!!!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.