Cabs & Abs ---> Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, Cabbers!

Today my agenda includes a Target run, NB work, and probably iBiBootCamp, or whatever it’s called. I downloaded it awhile ago but have yet to try it out.

Di :: sorry you felt sick during your workout yesterday. Chinup/run?? That sounds rather torturous. *lol* Glad Jerod had fun at the party. Good job maintaining control around all the temptations. I don’t know if I’ve ever managed to just eat ONE slice of pizza. :7 In case you missed it, I posted a question about work in my personals to you last night.

OK, girls…enjoy your Sunday! BBL to see what you’re up to. Hope Angie makes an appearance.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Good Morning Cabbers. :)

Cathy: This may sound like a silly question but you seem to go to Target on an almost weekly basis so I was just wondering if you just went to browse (cause we all know how much fun that is!:)) or if there is something you consistently buy there every week or two? Sorry if I seem like a nosey nelly. I don't mean to be.
Thank you sooo much for the encouragement on the trainer thing. I get so close to going for it but then something keeps holding me back. I need to update my resume for one thing. I created it pre-HM and in it I mentioned that I was training for my first HM to be run in October of 07 so I'd like to update that. I'd also like to put my BF in there since I am training her. Should I put her in as a current job or as a reference of some type? I think the references are personal, not business so I'm not sure putting her as a reference is what I should do even though that was my first thought. Any suggestions?
As far as NROL4W...he definately has some ideas that go against the grain of anything I've ever done in the past 5-6 years that I've been exercising. As much as I question these ideas they are the same things that are making me want to give his program a shot. Curiosity killed the cat on this one. I have to try it. The fact that he advocates very little cardio doesn't bother me as I've cut back on my cardio drastically already with only good things coming out of it. I am willing to cut back a bit more to see what happens when I do this program. He actually doesn't "BASH" cardio as many folks who've posted about the book would have you believe. He states flat out many times that cardio is GOOD for you BUT when you are trying to build muscle/strength alot of cardio goes against the grain of what you are trying to accomplish. This is the exact reason the X doesn't have alot in it either. I am actually considering cutting back to 2x/week cardio for phase 2 of the X myself. It'll be good "practice"! ;) Anyway...I'm not trying to convince you to go buy the book or anything. I'm just expanding on my thoughts about it. It's got me very intrigued.

Diana: Soooo happy to hear that you loved TB+. It's a great work out! All of the X+ work outs are much faster paced then the original so you almost get a cardio work out in trying to keep up! LOL It's funny that mentioned the running pull up move cause DH was watching the work out for just a couple of minutes while I did it last time and he saw that part and was amazed. He had to try it. He did it, but admitted whole-heartedly that it was tough. I can do it but I use assistance to get into position. Glad the bowling party was a success. How was the sleep over? I know that's the part you were worried about. ;)

So I have yoga x on tap for today. I start my first recovery which consists of 1 yoga x , 1 stretch x, 1 tb+ and 3 cardios. I am thinking of adding an additional cardio in today before or after yoga since I missed a cardio this past week AND since I'll be eating cr@p 2 days in a row...which brings me to the next thing.....

Last night's dinner was a cajun chicken sandwich with fries. I am usually good and barely touch the fries but I ate almost all of them last night as well as all of the sandwich!:eek: I'm sure the nutrition info on that meal was pretty bad BUT I was not overstuffed so I didn't feel too terribly guilty about it. Ocourse, just for fun I got on the scale this morning and I'm another 1/2 pound up! OOPS!:eek: To make matters worse we are going to my FIL's for dinner tonight. He makes homemade raviolis on occassion and invites the family to eat them with him. They are yummy and I can easily over-do it. I'll have to try and go there not hungry so hopefully I won't make a pig out of myself!:eek: :eek:

I guess that's about it for now but I'll be back!:)

Hey Cathy, where you at girl?

I guess I was too late to get in our usual "chat session" this weekend! :)

Hope you are finding good stuff at Target!}(

Hey girl!

Yes, you posted while I was out getting my Target fix. :7 It pretty much is a weekly thing. I just love their stuff, love how it's organized, love that I can zip in and out early on a weekend morning and not have to tussle with a crowd. It's my happy place :) and kind of a one-stop shop for me. Pretty much everything I need, I can get there, and plenty of things I just *want*. :) I also switched to their pharmacy not long ago.

I've mentioned before that I really do "get" your fear about this new venture. I was pretty angsted-up when I made the leap from a steady government job to student teaching (no income) to subbing, but I think you really do have to take that leap of faith, knowing that, yeah, you *could* fall flat on your face, but it would be far worse to never even TRY. Gotta take risks sometimes. That's my philosophy. I would definitely list your BF and her friend as your clients on the updated resume. Those results talk! Really, I hope you can block out the fear that's talking and put this on a front burner for yourself. I know all of us here are rooting for you and believe you're bound to be a success!

Thanks for the additional feedback on NROL4W. I'll hold off on drawing any conclusions until I see what my favorite trainer has to say about it once you test it! :)

Mmmm, last night's dinner sounded tasty. I am the reverse with fries. That is one of my (many) weaknesses. I just HOUSE those suckers. Will be sending you self-restraint vibes for tonight's dinner. Homemade rav's would probably do me in, too. *lol*

Hi Cabbers!:)

Well I did ALL of Yoga X this morning! YAY! That's quite an accomplishment for me. I decided to nix the extra cardio idea after all....

Cathy: I don't know if you've read the cheetah thread yet but I have a big temptation that could very well put off my initial trail of the NROL4W program! I hate when this happens! LOL
I gotta get my resume updated and get it out there again, I know!!! I will! I promise!:)
So did you score anything good at Target this morning? Enable me girl!}(
Did you ever decide what you are going to do about your hairstylist or are you still debating?

That's all for now...gotta get showered up. We are heading out to my FIL's in about an hour!

BFN!

Good Morning,

I'm in a training class this next week and took a drive to where the class will be held since I've never been there. Now I'm at work reviewing some of the documentation I was given. This is a certification class with two days of training followed by a 1/2 day of testing. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I hate tests but I'm sure I'll be fine.

As far as the slumber party, well-I'm here at work!!!! I did let the parents know to pick them up by noon. One of them had to leave at 8am this morning for his paper route. I left the house about 10 and DH was getting ready to make them breakfast.

Cathy-I'm a target shopper too. Cereal and snack foods are much cheaper there and I can also pick up socks, undies etc for the boys too. As far as a job change goes, it's on the back burner for now. I'm still looking into a few things like getting a real estate brokers license and I'm interested in certified financial planning (CFP) as well. I already have my bachelors, but I would need to take classes to get into either field. I'm going to look a little further into the real estate industry since this has been a long time interest for me. Interestingly enough, I started out going to school for an accounting degree but later switched to Computer Information Systems. I also started out working in the accounting field before moving to IT. So a CFP isn't totally out of the question.

Wendy-Great job completing all of yoga x. I don't think I've ever done the whole w/o before. I've done either the first half, or the second half. My upper/outer back is definitely sore this morning. If I was at my goal weight I think I could get away with less cardio. Once I lose another 15lbs I'd be willing to give it a try. Talk about bad eating-we are going to my dad's house for homemade Chicken and noodles!

Angie-We haven't heard from you. I hope you are having a great weekend and enjoying your quiet time.

Diana

Hello again!

Wendy :: I didn’t buy anything at Target that I think I could enable you on this time. Mostly household and toiletry stuff along with my scrip. But since my tax refund came in, I did splurge on a set of Bose headphones. They are sweeeet!…I pushed the whole stylist thing out of my head for now. I really don’t know. My last thoughts on it were that I would go elsewhere.

Di :: I think I do get a high from Target shopping. :) *lol* about you escaping to the office…good luck with the training…do you start tomorrow?…From your pictures, it is hard to believe that you could need or want to lose another 15 lbs.!

I am a little worried about Angie. It’s not like her not to post at all, even a drive-by. I hope she’s OK.

I did the 2nd half of iBiBootCamp. Intended to do the whole 60 minutes but discovered that it was in two parts, and the first part was still on my PC. Great workout, even just the half of it.

Now I need to plug away at a little more NB writing. Have a good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.