CABs and Abs ---> Saturday Shenanigans :)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
GoOoOod morning, girls ~ (not so) bright & early! :7

Laura :: (if you read this) hope the tornados stay out of your area. Very sad about your friend’s situation. It is odd how sometimes one family seems to be struck one blow after another. Hard to believe it is part of God’s “plan.” Reminds me of a friend of mine whose family encounters one devastating health crisis after another, and yet she is *always* bubbly and upbeat and optimistic. I really believe that’s what gets her through.

Wendy :: Who makes the decisions about whether to close or stay open? I would bring up the issue. It’s certainly not worth paying the employees or even turning on the heat and electricity for a couple of hours for just two kids…How’s the training business coming along? Are you ready to put out more resumes and pursue things more aggressively?

Di :: Hope the instructor modifies the class a bit to meet everyone’s needs. CONGRATS on the 1.6. http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_thumbup.gif Great job!… Of the 3.2 million public school teachers nationwide, only 64,000 have achieved NB certification. So, in short, a National Board cert is the most prestigious credential a teacher can earn. It’s really about pursuing excellence. For teachers in some districts (not mine), it can mean a yearly stipend for a certain amount of years – extra $ that you can spend in your classrooms. I don’t know of any districts that offer a salary scale advancement, but some may do that. You can also receive 9 graduate credits. But probably the greatest reward is that it makes you a better teacher, which in turn, improves student learning.

Angie :: missed you yesterday, girl! Whatcha been up to?

Today's agenda includes grading and NB work plus a workout yet TBD. Possibly HSC. Not sure yet. Will browse the DVD titles and see what grabs me today.

Enjoy your day! BBL to see what you're up to.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Good Morning Everyone!:)

Well, I took a full rest day y'day and it felt good even though I was tired all day and ate too much!:p

Today will be Upper+ and Abs/Core+. }(

I weighed and did BF% this morning. My weight went back up .5 pounds but my BF is down .05 so that's a GOOD thing, right? :)

So I pretty much finished reading NROL4W last night. Some of his ideas are a bit odd, I do admit and he seems to think no woman could possibly want the 6 pack look so his mid-section routine is geared towards doing something other then that. I adore the "beginner" 6 pack I have and hope his program does not do it harm. All that said, I am still happy I bought the book and I am still very willing to give it a shot as I have never tried a program like what he prescribes before. It definately intrigues me. I plan to do it after I finish the X. It's a 6 month program. Who knows if I'll be able to stick to it for the entire time but I will try....unless ofcourse I absolutely HATE whatever results or lack thereof that I am getting. Time will tell, right? :)

Cathy: I mentioned my disagreement to our new supervisor y'day and asked her why they do it that way because it doesn't make sense to me. She really didn't have an answer for me. I should have know that would happen. Bottom line is that the owners of that gym are awful. Their ideas on how to run a business usually aren't the greatest so nothing surprises me anymore.
My BF is getting great results from training with me. She is also working out with the other gal I train when I am not there as well as walking on her new TM by herself. Her weight loss has stalled but she keeps losing inches. I am changing up the program for her to have a little less cardio in her week and am going to get more aggressive with the weights. I am hoping the change will kickstart the weight loss again.
As for me going out and getting a "real" P/T'ing job. I'm just a big giant chicken...hear me cluck! LOL My gym is hiring for P/T's and I've been tempted to apply as it would probably be my best chance but knowing how awful the owners are, I hesitate to get a "real" job there!x(
Have fun with whatever work out you choose and I hope you get a lot acccomplished today! Hey, your ski trip is comin' up at the end of the week no? HAVE A BLAST!!!!!:7

Well, off to make breakfast for the troops and myself...BBIAB!

Good Morning Ladies,

I woke with the same crud that Cody has. I kinda felt it coming on when I was running in my meltdown class. You know that tightness in the chest feeling. I'm going to start taking some cold medicine and hope this passes fast.

The only reason I'm up so early is because DH had to go in to work for a bit this morning. I did get laundry started and need to pick up the house a bit. I do feel like working out but have no idea what I will do. I really need to do weights today.

We are going bowling today from 1-3 for Jerod's party. DH agreed to let 4 or 5 of his friends spend the night-yikes. We'll have to take both vehicles so we can bring all the boys home. I will also need to make something nutritious for dinner since they are having pizza, pop, and cake this afternoon.

Cathy-wow you are truly amazing. I had no idea what the National Board Certification was. I sometimes ponder going back for my masters but the feeling is always short lived. If anything, I want to go in to the real estate field at some point. I'm also looking into becoming a certified financial planner.

Wendy-Maybe you would prefer running your own pt business. I do think a good place to start would be at a gym so you could build up your clientele. If that's not your style, you can just keep doing what your doing and maybe advertise in your local paper. You already have a couple of good references. Great job on the bodyfat loss-YES, that is a good thing!! You've got me interested in looking at NROL4W. I heading over to amazon now.

Angie-hey girlie, what you up to today?

Laura-hope you get back good new from your tax accountant! Enjoy your weekend.

Diana

Hi Again Girls,

I've been over reading on the OD. I am heading downstairs to break open total body+ and intervalx+. Wish me luck.

Diana

Oooh Diana, you have to let me know what you think of the X+ work outs!!!!}(

I just finished upper and abs/core+. Yeah, I'm fried! LOL

Now I have to get cleaned up. DS and I are meeting my step mom and step sister for an early dinner tonight. I hope I don't order the worst thing on the menu!:eek:

BBL!:)

Hello again, ladies!

This day felt like it zipped by. I crossed off *most* of what was on today’s agenda – good enough. It’s time to call it quits. Earlier, I did HSC and Winsor Pilates ab sculpting. Oddly, during HSC I had to stop 3x because I felt like I was going to hurl.

Wendy :: Hmmm, glad to hear that about NROL4W…don’t think I share his mindset at all, so that’s one I can bypass. Congrats on the BF% loss and on the success your BF continues to enjoy. Oh, I really believe you should go for it with the PT job!! I just think this is a profession that is *screaming* your name. Make it happen! You can do it!!

Di :: Oh crud that the crud got you, too…hope the boys have fun and you & DH aren’t driven too insane by the festivities…oh, thank you for saying such kind words…I really am just trying to get better, learn and become the best I can be…I freaked out when I found out the statistics and the fact that only 45% of candidates actually complete the process, but now that I set out on this course, I feel like I need to prove to myself that I can do this…But I know there’s a possibility I might not make it. Even so, from what I have heard, even if you DON’T achieve, the process still makes you a better teacher in the end...I thought another Master's or maybe my doctorate would be next, but I now realize that *if* that happens, it will be a long time coming. I need a break after this! Where do you stand at this point on leaving your job? Is that on the forefront or the backburner?

Ange :: So, where are you, miss? We miss you!

Chat with you all in the AM. Love ya's!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

I'm back again...

I did total body x+ and I really liked it. It's full of pushups and pullups which is to be expected. There were a couple of exercises I just couldn't do. One of them was the chin up/run (definitely need to work on this one).

About 1/2 way through the workout I started feeling really sick. I think it was due to a combination of things. I didn't eat any dinner last night and then I drank a whole pot of coffee by myself this morning before working out. After I showered I had a couple pieces of toast with pb and banana. I felt much better after that.

The bowling party was tons of fun. A couple of boys that rsvp'd didn't show up. Jerod didn't seem to mind too much. We have big family and most of his aunts, uncles and cousins were there as well grandparents from both sides! I didn't totally blow my diet but I did have one piece of cheese pizza and one piece of cake.

Angie-where are you today???

D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.