CABs & ABS ---> Remembering 9.11

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Mornin', girls! :)

Would you believe I fell asleep at 7:30 last night???

Diana :: sorry you missed your lunch w/out...The pileup after a vaca can bury you. Hope you get caught up.

Angie :: I'll bet I've lost some of my pushup ability since the X...*lol* I haven't seen that commercial, but I bought two new pairs of pants last weekend, so now I have four that fit well and some I can still wear comfortably, so I'll be good for awhile without anything falling off...I'm liking WW. So far so good.

Re: the kids tiring me out...September is always like this...There are SO many forms to collect in homeroom, the kids need to learn the routines, etc. It's a lot. But things should settle after a few weeks.

Hi Wendy, Laura, and Nancy!

I have PLB + a run on my rotation for today.

Have a good day!

ETA: Oops! I forgot to include my question for everyone: where were you when 9/11 happened?

My school is wearing red, white, and blue in remembrance.

Good morning Cathy and the rest of you girls

I'm trying to find some motivation at the bottom of this coffee cup. I'm slowly starting to find what I'm looking for. I could've so easily just shut the alarm off and stayed in bed. But, I have a party coming up in a month or so and I really need to start tackling the basement...my workout room....with the big screen and bar where we usually end up by the end of the night. I swear it never ends.

Cathy - You must've been beat! I don't suppose you have been able to accomplish anything with that huge project you have going on or is this something you have had to incorporate into the routine?
So are you now working out in the late afternoons after school? That must be difficult to have to change your workout routine as well. Good luck with PUB and the run. Which do you do first?
Are you going to do the X again with Wendy in January?

Hi to the rest of you girls - I'll be back several times today I'm sure, at least until I find that motivation I've been looking for.;-)

Where was I when 911 hit? I was just getting out of bed and my friend called from the hospital where she was working here locally. I had just turned on the TV and was watching the today show and trying to process what had happened when the phone rang. I was so confused......she filled me in and it was just the weirdest feeling. I all of a sudden really didn't want to be alone, when it is usually something I look forward to.:-(

Angie

Morning Ladies ..

also trying to find some energy .. woke up at 3:15 . . AND did NOT get back to sleep until 5:30 .. and up at 6:00 .. GEEZE .. I hate that!

TB update: well I taught a 1/2 @$$ class which irritates me to no end .. no impact .. reg. circuit . . the class was drenched but for me it was just painfull!x( I almost fainted again pushing it .. doing low lunges (something I said I was not going to do) .. thought I covered .. but VBF said she saw it and I turned white as a sheet and sweet beads beaded up on my upper lip .. )(&*+^&&%^*+%$*%^x( x(

today going to do ALL low impact cardio .. a short class ..x(

Cathy - hate you were drained .. must be in the air!! maybe things will taper off soon .. I would think the first week back would be horrible!!

Diana - see you needed a break to let that cold ease up on ya!

Angie - I did do some push up torture last night .. sissy style .. LOL .. and yes I am sore .. can't imagine the X right now .. would just put an end to me!!

Wendy ... hope you are working out for me .. I need some extra calories burned please!!:)

Where was I when 9-11 happened .. on the way to work .. my aunt called me (she is a worrier and an over-reactor) .. she told me what happened .. I did not believe her~! I got to work and everyone was gathered around the TV's ... we were all shocked and sickened .. I too remember that feeling of just wanting to hold my DH and keep my family close .. think I called everyone that day to tell them I loved them!!

OK .. better run .. still working on back log of paperwork crap!! have a great day .. and I will BBL to check in w/you ladies!!:7

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I can't hang around for long so I'll do personals later on but I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I did PP upper body 2 set premix today. I watched the clips of the new work outs! I'm very excited now!:)

I have my cpr cert course tonight so I gotta get movin'. I want to be out of my house in 90 mins but before I go...

Where was I on 9/11?
It was my unfortunate luck to be working in Jersey City at the time in a building that was right across the river from the towers. We had a "bird's eye" view of what was going on. It seemed sooo incredibly close to us and was soooo incredibly scarey. Luckily I did NOT see either plane hit, nor did I see either tower as it fell. I was going back and forth between my office and the place where people in the building were watching what was happening. My office did not have windows facing the water so when I was in there I could not see anything. Our office closed at about 10:30 that morning and it took me HOURS to drive home. I sat on the tpke extension bridge in tears with my hand up to shield the view of the destruction that was occuring just over my left shoulder. I was petrified that a plane was going to come crashing into the bridge as it was LOADED with traffic at a stand still for quite some time. When I finally got home I got a call from my aunt. She lived 5 minutes from me and she told me that my mom wanted me to go to her house for the remainder of the day because if these b@st@rds were going to attack again and I was in danger, my mom did not want me to die alone. That tore me apart. My mom had to stay at work b/c she works for a medical supply company that services many hospitals in NY/NJ so they were part of the rescue operation so to speak.

Okay...really gotta go now...BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Another day in the asylum-well that's what it feels like anyway. I did go to bootcamp last night and it was a goodie:) However, this morning I was draggin'a$$ through Cardio & Weights. At one point during the abs I realized I was just laying there and watching the crew do ab work. I knew it would be my only chance to w/o today so I didn't want to miss it.

I bought new running shoes, found them on clearance for $16. I also bought 3pr of pants and 3 shirts. One pr of the jeans looked really cute from the front, but when I turned around they looked way too tight. I really wanted them to fit, but they gaped in the back so the belt was cinched tight, and then there were lines in the back of the thighs UGH I hate trying to find pants to fit over my thighs and then they hang in the waist.

Cathy-It's so nice to find pants that fit and I know it can be a very difficult task. Enjoy PLB and your run tonight!

Laura-you need to be careful with your TB injury. I can tell from your post that your not being able to workout like you normally do is really getting to you. Just take a deep breath and focus on the things you can do (like torture your class}( ). Sending healing vibes your way!

Angie-did you find some motivation?? What w/o did you do? My basement needs cleaned out too. I think the storage under the stairs is reproducing because we now have stuff overflowing from under the stairs.

Wendy-where are you today? Hope all is well.

Nancy-are back into the swing of the school schedule now. How is your mom doing? How are you doing?

BBL

Diana

Afternoon, ladies…

Enjoying some downtime before I work out. It’s been raining here and there’s a call for t-storms, so I think I may swap my run with tomorrow’s w/out: BC premix #8. Haven’t done that one in awhile.

Angie :: do you mean the certification process? That will be a year-round process…Other than some reading, I haven’t touched any of that stuff since those summer support courses I took. But there are monthly support classes starting this Saturday, so that’ll help me get re-focused…I have been trying to do some of my w/outs these last few weeks in the late afternoon/evening b/c that is normally what I do during the week when school’s in session. I would rather work out in the AM, but I’d have to do it before 5 am, and so far, I just haven’t managed to get into that kind of routine…Usually I would do PLB first…yes, I do plan to do another round of the X w/ Wendy in January. Wanna join us?…So did you find your motivation? Which w/out did you wind up doing?

Laura :: ugh, sorry about the poor night’s sleep…And you almost fainted??? Please be careful!! *sending more healing vibes*…Yes, things will settle down toward the end of this month. It’ll help once the kids are in a routine.

Wendy :: I checked out part of the clips, too…The k’boxing looks FUNNNN!!

Diana :: hope you can lay low in the asylum…I have that problem with pants, too, so I can appreciate your pain. Great deal on the sneaks.

Interesting to read about your 9/11 experiences. Wendy, I can’t imagine looking out your window and being able to see it in person…I had just started student teaching in a 6th grade language arts classroom. I had first period prep (planning time, no kids) and walked across the street with a colleague to grab some coffees. While we were in Wawa, a scruffy guy came in and said, “Yo, Howard Stern just said a plane crashed into the World Trader Center.” As my friend and I stood at the cashier, we figured it must have been a commuter plane but weren't sure what to make of it. As we left, she said, “Oh, it’s Howard Stern – you can’t believe him all the time.” And I said, “I really don’t think Howard would joke about that.” When we got back to school, we told the teachers on our team what we’d heard and someone turned on a TV. We watched in disbelief but then it was time for our classes to come in for 2nd period. As things started to unfold and parents started to pick up their kids early, the principal made an announcement about what had happened. It was like a record scratch. At that point, we spent the rest of the day trying to rationalize to kids that which we could not quite understand yet. It was an eye-opening lesson for me as a novice teacher, recognizing what has to be done in a time of crisis.

<<<Laura-you need to be careful with your TB injury. I can tell from your post that your not being able to workout like you normally do is really getting to you. Just take a deep breath and focus on the things you can do >>>

thanks Diana .. yup it is realling getting to me .. IF I could only inflict the torture w/o my body and mind kicking in thinking I have to actually DO THE TORTURE w/them .. LOL! I need to get some of The Torture Master himself TONY in me .. do a few reps then yell and kid everyone else thru it .. LOL! IF ONLY!!:7

I am gonna try to not overdo .. b/c it is better .. don't want to set myself back any for sure ..

.. I viewed the clips .. YIKES :eek: .. TB had better be 100% when I try those videos .. seems she is gonna pack a lot of cardio and moves in the 30 min .. I am looking forward to doing them!!

Wendy .. bless your heart .. I can't even imagine being there .. you poor thing .. even just watching it on TV was horrible enough .. just sickening!!

SO GLAD you got out of there safely ... I had the same thoughts about the bridge .. thank GOD that didn't happen!

<<And you almost fainted>>

YUP wouldn't that have been embarrassing!! LOL .. the lunges bothered me b/c anything that contracts the muscles .. the glutes . the hams .. it presses into what is left of the poor TB ..

but going to be better tonight .. VBF has already issued me the WARNING phone call .. she is going to call me out in class if I do too much .. LOL .. you gotta love her!!:7

Hi girls

I found that motivation I was looking for but never made it to the basement. I cleaned my catch-all counter and went through papers that had been there forever!

Laura - Hope you put in a better night tonight than last night.
Oh, I'm so sorry about your TB.:-( It's obviously not cooperating with your lifestyle! A secret....sometimes I do the sissy push ups in some of Cathe's vids, especially when she wants me to do them after chest presses or something.x( At least I can go really deep with them and still feel them pretty darn good.

Wendy - I would wish you luck on the CPR cert, but you don't need it.;-)
How'd your training session go?
Your account of 911 was very chilling. I'm so sorry to hear you were so close to the devestation.x(

Diana - I can't believe you did BC last night! Is the cold still hangin on? How's DH feel?
Woooohooo! on the new shoes.:)

Cathy - Thanks for the invite on the X but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass. I just started my Tony/Cathe rotation and will finish about the 2nd week in December. I'm sure I will be fed up with Tony by then *lol*.
I got IMAX3 done a bit earlier than usual today b/c I had this feeling I was gonna need extra time with the boys tonight and sure enough, Cam came home with a crap load of homework that he needed help on. It looks like Tuesday will be his night for lots of homework. At least it's not Monday.

The clips look great! Although the blog says it could be at least 3 more weeks before they are ready to ship.:-( x( Pure torture!

Well, now I know why I didn't order the nano before now. The 8 gig video nano is now out for $199.:7 Anyone have any experience with it? This would be a great X-mas gift....I might have to cave before then though. I want to do my CC w/o! The more I read about HIIT w/o, the more I want to give them a rip.

Better get my butt to bed or I'm gonna be punching my alarm clock again...

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.