Cabs & Abs ---> Mon. here we go again :)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :)

Today will be my regularly-scheduled rest day. Granted, I had plenty of 'em last week, but the ol' bod is feelin' it from Sat. & Sun. Talk about classic weekend warrior style. :7 Lower body needs a break here. And I do need to switch my long run to one of the weekdays while this bc class is in session. I thought I could pull it off, but uh-uh. It's a bit much back-to-back.

Angie ~ glad you enjoyed some kickback time--and no critters! :) When's the first camping trip planned? Did you kick the boys off long enough to try Mario Kart yet? :7...I do seem to be back on track with my sleeping, without the aid of Simply Sleep---yay!

I have a team leader meeting after school and may work late to try to meet this grading crunch. (Didn't get done much o' that this weekend and the mid-marking period is Thursday already--ack!) But hopefully, I'll get back here later to see what everyone's up to.

Let's make it a great one! :7

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Cabber Girls. :)

Cathy: Enjoy your rest day. I hope you have time to put a dent in that grading pile this afternoon.

Angie: NICE! I got dinner and dessert but you got all THREE meals made for you. WTG! ;) Sorry you can't get your DH to work out. I only want mine to do it because he complains about being so skinny so the lifting could help bulk him up a bit. He's only doing the weight work and the abs. No cardio, no yoga. Better then nothin' though! LOL

Today's work out will be BBC Chest and Abs but I am omitting the ab work and putting Jump Snap in it's place.

Well, it's 8am...time to get the munchkin up. I have no idea what we'll do today. The weather is so miserable that I'd prefer NOT to go out anywhere but I may very well go stir crazy if I stay inside ALL day long. UGH! x(

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

I survived another mother's day weekend. Saturday was so busy though I get very stressed and Bit&&y when that happens. I spent from 9-1:30 at the college with Zach. I would've handled it much better had I known it was an all day event. At any rate, he is registered for school and the loans are taken care of-Yikes. Needless to say I missed Jerod's football game, where they lost.
My parents came for dinner and DH cooked steaks on the grill, we had salad, potatoes, baked beans, and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Yesterday I lounged around in bed and watched some of my recorded shows, then I did The Gauntlet. Nice workout. I also made a salad and a homemade chocolate cake to take to dinner at MIL's. My gifts were a new digital camera, memory card, and new headphones for my ipod. Pretty nice gifts from the family!!

I am off work today and am tackling the bedroom closet, dressers and underdresser. I've already started it and it seems to be moving along quite nicely.

Wendy-Nice job getting DH going on P90X. The weight workouts are great. I'm going to enjoy my week of circuits though. I don't have them all planned out, but definitely want to do bootcamp, HST, drillmax, and LIC. You sure have a wonderful DH & DS who spoiled you on Mom's day! Did Joey enjoy his party?

Cathy-your bootcamp class sounds similar to mine. It sounds like you enjoy it as much as I do:) I'm not sure I would want to run 7.5 miles (yaaahh) after one of those classes. Nice work! Hope you get your grading out of the way.

Angie-Amanda is going into radiography which is x-rays and ultrasounds. It is a 22 month program at PIMA medical institute. By the way, if your not already you might want to start a college fund for the boys. Zach is doing a 3 yr bachelor program that pretty much goes year round and he starts on July 7th. The cost for the 3 years is $75,000. Anything you can save now will certainly help later. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Laura-Are you off to Vegas yet?

BBL

Diana

Diana,

Glad you survived MD Weekend. Sorry you got stressed out and cranky. I would get the same way though with such a full schedule. Sounds like your morning y'day was relaxing atleast and you scored some pretty nice gifts there girl! :)

I didn't get tangible gifts but got a massage, dinner and dessert made for me and DH even washed dishes nad put them away a couple of time through out the day. He also cleaned up after himself when he was done cooking! Ofcourse I had to wipe down the one countertop and stove but he did the rest! I was very pleased. :)

Hope you complete the closet reorganization job today. I've been de-cluttering. I cleaned the house really well saturday morning for the party so now I am doing laundry and throwing stuff out. I love to purge. It's so much fun!}( LOL It's mostly DS' stuff I'm going through as he just got a boat load of new toys and some clothes so I went through his drawers and his toy box. Lots of garbage to go out this week. LOL

Hello again.

Quiet around here today. I guess Diana is still attacking that closet and maybe Ang is at work. Laura must be on her way to Vegas!!!!:)

BBC Chest and Jump Snap is done. It was fun. I have one more week of BBC and then I move on to something new....once I figure out what that SOMETHING is going to be! LOL :p

BBL to see if anyone has popped in.

Lucky me, my meeting was cancelled. I would have stayed to grade but the classroom was ice cold today. Schlepped some of it home and will get to it shortly.

Diana ~ Ooh, wow - nice score for mom! Sorry Saturday was so hectic. The menu sounds delicious. My stomach is growling now. :) Yes, I think I understand your BC pain a little better now. *lol* :7 That is great that Zach can knock out his BA in only three years. Hope you're able to relax some today while you're off.

Wendy ~ glad you are enjoying JS. IA-this weather is UGLY!

Hi girls

Hey, I've got hummingbirds now.:) I love spring! Hopefully DH and I can slip away a bit early this week sometime and go on a fungus hunt during the week so we don't spend the weekend in the woods. DH has to work on Saturday so at least I'll be able to get some things done at home while he's working.
CST and ARX are history. Ouch! Is it me or do X workouts never seem to get easier?

Cathy - Our first camping excursion is on Memorial Day weekend. We will leave as soon as the boys get out of school. It's cool that our property is south b/c all the folks from downstate come up for the weekend and we head down, then on Monday everyone else will be heading down and we will be coming up. The traffic is always in our favor.:)
No, I have still not had a chance to try out Mario Kart. There's been too much going on lately but hopefully soon.... What do you think of it?
So you got an unexpected earlier day than you thought. Hope you can get some work done. How's that NB studying going? When's you last day of school?

Wendy - So had DH done the X before?? Just doing the weight portion is still pretty impressive!
Oh, yes, how did the B-day party go??
Oh no....you gotta figure out a new rotation? Are you leaning towards anything specific?

Diana - Nice score for Mom's day! Sweeeeeeet!!
My mom's an X-ray tech. It would be a tall order to do school and handle the girls too. My hats off to her.
We started a college fund for the boys a few years back. Although, the way tuition is going, it won't be nearly enough. They know they will be going to a community college for the first 2 years until they can prove good grades. After that, we'll help them with where ever they decide to go, but I'm not opposed to them getting a school loan if they choose an expensive school. They might just as well learn about financial responsibility early.
So what degree is Zach going for or has he not figured that out yet? It's a tough decision for a kid right out of high school. It took me years to finally figure out what I wanted to do.

Hey Laura if you're out there........

Hey Ange ~ that is perfect that the heavy traffic is always going in the opposite direction. My DSis & BIL enjoy camping with a fifth wheel...Mario Kart is a BLAST - really! Definitely one of my favorite games. Have the kids put you on the Gold Mine track. Hilarious! :)...Uh, NB studying?...It's, uh, going--admittedly only in little driblets. Never seems to be enough time. There is always something keeping me runnin' during the week, and by the time the weekend rolls around, I just wanna shut down. I should be doing more, let's put it that way...I did grade the notebooks for one class tonight and will try to go in a little earlier tomorrow. May have to pull some extra hours to meet the mid-marking period deadline. I am a bit behind--what else is new? *lol*...The last day of school is June 19, I think. Chuckling about the fungus hunt expression. Happy 'shrooming!

Hi to Laura...reach a decision?

Hey Ang!

Nope, DH has never done the X before. I've been workin' on him for months to give it a shot. I finally wore him down. ;) If he sticks with it long enough to see results though I'll be amazed!
Joey's B'day party was a success. It lasted from about 3 to 8pm. Simple foods, mostly out in the yard but you know how people wander in and out. It was great cause it gave me the motivation to really clean my house. Well, the first floor anyway. ;) I didn't do jack y'day ofcourse but today I was still on a roll and went through all of Joey's toys and clothes and threw out a bunch of stuff and made sense of the rest. I feel accomplished. Great feeling. :)
My 3 ideas for my next rotation that I am batting around are Amy Bento's Slo Mo Challenge, the orginal X or NROL4W (not neccessarily the entire program though as it's 6 months long!). If I do Slo Mo it would likely only be a month long rotation and then I'd be moving on to something else. If I do the X I'd like to try to see it all the way through to the end and if I do NROL I'd like to try to get through 3 months of it and then make the decision to carry on with it or move on to something different. What would YOU do? }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.