Cabs & Abs ---> (((Hugs))) with those Mugs Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls--

My head is pounding this morning. Wish I could go back to bed and spend the day there. :)

Angie :: Oh, the silence is the worst, isn't it? You expect them to come running up as they usually do, and it just feels so wrong. I'm glad your friends and Cody helped relieve you of the guilt you were feeling. Did you ever talk to the vet again? Hope you were able to get some decent sleep last night...The doc said it was a sinus infection. He ruled out the flu, saying it was out of season. Yesterday wasn't bad...Sending you more (((HUGS))) and energizing vibes to keep you busy.

I'd like to return to working out this evening but am not sure what that will be just yet.

Hugs to all,

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning Peeps. :)

Ang: More (((hugs))). I remember when we lost our dog several years ago. For a long time I would come home from work and as I was unlocking the front door I would swear I'd hear him barking (like he always used to). It hurt at first but after a while it made me smile and eventually it faded away....My mom still has the dog's picture on a shelf with his collar/liscence hanging off of it and she didn't even WANT the dog to begin with! LOL It was my step-father's idea but when they got a divorce we kept the dog cause he couldn't take him. It was more like he didn't want to be bothered so he made up every excuse in the book not to take him. Nice, right? Well atleast he had to split the cost of vet care with my mom so when the dog got sick and had to be put on expensive meds, he had to pay half. What a jerk! God did I hate that man!...But that's whole other story...:p

Cathy: Hope your headache went away pronto! Have fun with whatever work out you choose to do...even if it's a nap on the couch. ;)

Today's work out is cardio intervals on the EXT plus I think I will do a 20 minute Itread in preparation for a BIG EATING weekend. I am doing so well with my diet but I know it will go out the window this weekend so I'm going to do a little extra cardio to "make room". ;) I do plan to run the boards on saturday so hopefully that will help too...

BBL!

I'm back from the gym.

Here's what I did:

I did my intervals on the EXT today as planned:

W/U: 5 mins starting out slow at low resistance and increasing gradually.

High interval @ 1 minute: resistance level 14 as fast as I could
Low interval @ 2 minutes: resistance level 5 at moderate pace

I did the same thing for all 3 intervals this time since 14 is a tough resistance level for me. I think going any higher right now would slow my speed down too much to make it worth it.

C/D: 5 mins gradually decreasing resistance and speed.

*and*

ITread 3/20: Only got in 15 of the 20 mins though as I got paged for a poopy diaper. :7

I plan to do the Awaken The Body stretch at nap time. It's gonna feel great! :)

BBL!

Morning Ladies ...

crazy day here at the asylum .. have 2 that are sick .. and it is the end of the month and I have about 50 cut outs out .. YUCK .. going to be one h#ll of a stressfull day!!

It felt good to get a good workout in when I felt so good!! Small class though .. first of school out and summer vacations I suppose! Tonight will be 4 step plyo/pushup/core torture! }(

Angie .. {{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}} You know IA w/the boys .. a new dog helps the healing process .. when I knew my baby Rocky was nearing the end we got My Big Dog Buster .. he sure did comfort me during that greiving process .. and kept me busy for sure!! LOL .. I cant even let my mind "go there" thinking of loosing my big baby makes me physically ill ... but a new pup sure would liven the household and keep all of you busy!! LOL

Cathy ... there is a LOT of crud going around down here .. 2 out sick w/it and my friend w/the crazy EX is sick as crap .. throwing up, sore throat, cough, sinus, fever and chills .. my VBF just got over the same thing .. soooooo .. I dunno .. the flue like crud still could be in the air ??? take it easy and dont overdo!!!

Wendy ... something tells me you dont have to worry about extra calories the way you have been working out and being so dedicated to eating well!!

Di .. glad Amanda found a cheaper class .. too bad it wasn't sooner!! That is always the way it goes!!

OK . better run .. it is insane in here ... will BBL to check in on everyone .. {{{{ hugs }}}} to everyone!! have a great day!!:D

Laura: Sorry for your stressful day but I know you'll work it off at class tonight. }( I know I have been doing well with this program and my eating but I still worry. I don't want to undo the progress I've made so far. I totally do not expect to increase any results over the weekend but would hate to see my hard work go to waste. I am going to try to be reasonable with the food. I am all about the CABS when I am down there and won't give that up but I WILL sacrafice a bit where the food is concerned. I have my priorities you know. ;)

Hi ladies,

Well I was up early and this cardio junkie got the wind sucked out her with cardio fusion!! I had a bad day yesterday and ended up working through lunch and staying 45 minutes late for the second day in a row. When I got last night I did GS legs and coremax 3. I'll probably have to work through lunch again today and miss my WW meeting. I'm dealing with that.

I think I'm signing up for the Denver Marathon. They allow you to switch from the FM to HM or vice versa so if I chicken out I can always switch to the HM. I won't get any money back but I get the early bird discount if I register by May 31st.

Zach's party isn't until next weekend, June 7th. His last day of school was yesterday and his graduation is on June 3rd. I will be busy borrowing tables and chairs this weekend so we can make sure we have enough seating for everyone. I've already ordered the cake but need to get table decorations, balloons etc.

Cathy-glad the meds are finally kickin' in and you are starting to feel a bit better. Rest and get plenty of fluids and you will be back on track in no time.

Wendy-Nice job with the intervals! I don't like using too much resistance during intervals either because I think it defeats the purpose of them. Kids, what can you do:)

Laura-Sorry you are having a hectic day. IA w/Wendy-you will work out all your frustrations on your class tonight. Sorry to hear your friend is not doing well.

Angie-It will take time for the grieving process. Another dog sounds like a good distraction. Please don't feel guilty, you did everything you could. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} It's hard getting back on track so just do what you feel up to each day.

BBL

Diana

Diana: Sorry about the work stress but good job getting the work outs in despite that. I hope Zach's party goes over with out too much aggravation for ya. Good for you re the marathon. Having the option to switch to the half is nice. I think you should go for it. When exactly is the race?

Hey girls,

For some reason, I keep thinking today is Friday. Bummer that it's not, eh? :7

Wendy :: the Sudafed knocked out that headache. Guess it was the sinus pressure. Bad when I woke up.

Laura :: sorry the asylum's operating in full force right now...I dunno. I guess it couldn't be flu 'cuz the antibiotics wouldn't work on that, right?

Di :: sending you some Serenity Now vibes...that's great you can switch up to the HM if need be...Mmm, didja hafta mention cake? :7

I am going to run out for some cough meds, hit GNC to check out the supplements, and then put in some light time on the EXT just to get these floppy parts movin' again. Love that it's so SUNNY out there. :) :) :)

Probably BBL.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Hi girls

Yes, the days are getting a bit brighter each day. It helps that we've had some nice weather and today was absolutely georgeous. Tomorrow they are calling for rain though. The boys are really buggin me about a puppy. I think I'm going to call the humane society when we get home from the June race. If we can get a pup over the summer, then the kids can help train it and play with it all day. It will definielty fill a huge void that's here now.
This weekend we are going to take the boys to go see IronMan. We hardly ever go to the movies, but I heard that's a really good flick and that will take their minds off Kirby for a couple of hours anyways.
I came home and relied on Sean to get me thru a w/o. I put in #6 and got thru it on the EXT with his help. I still don't want to w/o or get up in the morning, but it IS getting better every day. I don't want to fall into the "poor me" trap. MIL came into my office today and wanted to have a pity party. I told her she needs to get involved in something, like volunteer at the school. But, I can tell she has no intention of doing it. I told her the whole family is hurting right now, but we're not gonna just roll over and take it! Misery loves company I guess, but I will NOT fall into that trap. Stubborn is not necessarily a bad thing....

Cathy - Yes, the silence is deafening! I called the receptionist at the vet clinic and told her to cancel any path reports since they don't matter anymore. The vet I spoke to on the phone was not the one who did Kirby's surgery. If I ever get into that situation again, I will take the dog in every other day for a week for blood work to make sure there is not an infection. I should've probably known better this time around, but live and learn I guess.
Glad that HA went away for you. Exedrin migrane always does wonders for me. Great stuff!
I think the weather is just playing with you. It knows you can't go and run and is just taunting you. :p

Wendy - Thanks for sharing your story with you dog. It does help hearing other stories. We decided to bury Kirby with her collar and tags. I also think I'm going to go and buy a lillac bush to plant over her grave and so every spring when the blooms come out I can think of her. The lillacs are blooming right now, so I think it would be a nice memorial.
Are you going to AC this weekend?
IA also with the 14 on the EXT. If you sprint at that level, you can really get the HR up there. I did the same thing today and got up to 195, which is high for me. I usually don't go over 190. I was working out some emotions. Exercise is soooo good for sooooo many reasons. I guess we can always count on that.

Laura - Glad you are back to your evil instructor self.}( Go get em' girl!
Oh yes, the physical illness is real. You can really FEEL the depression. The nausea and exhaustion are horrible, much worse than a hangover. But it IS easing, thank goodness. I think we're finally getting to the acceptance stage of grief.
Yes, I think a new pup is what we need. Nothing will take the place of Kirby, but I know she would want us to give another dog the kind of life she had. Hopefully soon......
Hope your busy day goes by without too much stress. So, now PIA went back to her old office, do you still have to deal with her as much? Is she still ticked? Is she ticked at you?

Diana - It sounds like you will be busy this w/e with party plans. I hope you get nice weather for it for next w/e.
Is work still a drag or is it getting any better?
I haven't done CF in quite a while. I think it would likely kick my butt for sure.
Congrats on you HM or M decision. Good for you! Do you think Amanda will join you on that?

I'll check back later......Have a great evening everyone!

Ange :: I think you are all handling your grief in a healthy way...staying busy, finding ways to remember her, spending time together, getting a physical release, and letting yourself feel the emotions, too. The lilac bush sounds like a perfect way to honor her memory. Sad that MIL has herself stuck in the grief and misery, but you are right, it doesn't have to be that way...My students were telling me Iron Man is good...IA, it'll be good to escape for a few hours...I remember losing our cats...the first one was a bit of a loner, and my dad accidentally ran her over in the driveway when she was 17 (same age as me). That was a shock, and he felt so bad...We all did...but I guess this sounds strange, there was somehow some comfort that we still had our other one...The 2nd cat had to be put down because of feline leukemia, and I remember I was in college & took her there by myself...I don't know why I thought I could do that...it was the worst...I kept it together while in the office and as soon as I stepped out the front door, I lost it and sobbed the whole way home. It was so hard to have to make that decision and then see the life seep from her little body. But she was soooo sick before that. Though you know it's for the best, you still feel rotten. With both kitties, I know I just kept waiting to see them come trotting up to the car the way they always did. The 2nd one was a bit of a nimrod but in a lovable way. As you tried to get in the door, she'd bang her head straight into it and be all underfoot, so it was always a production to get inside. But it felt so empty then when she was gone, and there was no one anymore who would come running up to greet you...Anyway, continued (((HUGS))) from us.

I can't believe it is already 8 pm. I spent 20 minutes on the EXT tonight. Wasn't much in the way of intensity, but it felt good to move. My mind still wants to believe it's Friday.

Have a gn!

Hi Girls,

Another hectic day today. I had to work through lunch but was a able to get in a 30 min brisk walk at 3pm. It was 85 and really windy. I have Back & Biceps with Tony on tap for tomorrow.

The Denver Marathon is on Oct 19th. This is the same day as Wendy's 18 miler and Cathy's Chicago Marathon. I thought it would be good inspiration for me to know that the two of you are running along with me!

My house is in complete disarray. It needs a thorough cleaning this weekend and hopefully we can keep it that way for the week. I will not have time to be cleaning next week.

Angie-I'm glad to see you are getting through the grieving process. I think you gave MIL great advice. My MIL is so busy with volunteering that she sometimes isn't available for us when we ask. The lilac bush sounds like a wonderful idea.

Cathy-Sometimes it feels great to simply move/exercise no matter how short the time or how low the intensity. I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Laura-Sorry you had a hectic day too. You weren't alone.

Wendy-Have you picked a FM to run next year? If I make it through one I may try to do another.

Nighty Night Girls.

Diana

Hey Cathy - Thanks for sharing your story. You had a cat for 17 years???:eek: That's amazing! IA, the pain leaving the first vet visit was horrible. I would never want to do that alone again. That was a big leap for you to do that on your own, especially at that age. Thanks for the hugs.;) I went to put some clothes away in Cody's room and expected him to be asleep but he was in there sobbing. I wish I could take the pain away. I just gotta keep telling myself that no matter how painful it is, it does build character and will help him empathize with the feelings of loss. It will make him a better person. It's just so hard to watch.

Good job getting a workout in. Overdoing it would not have done you any good while you're still trying to get over the yucks. A 20 minute w/o sounds perfect. Before you know it, Friday will be here. ;-)

Diana - So it's a date with Tony tomorrow and cleanmax too? You are gonna be one busy lady for the next week aren't you? I'm sure you'll get thru it just fine, and have a thankful young man at your beck and call too. *lol* Ya right, huh? I know how those pesky sons can be.
Hopefully work won't be so busy tomorrow.

See ya all tomorrow.......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.