Cabs & Abs ---> Chillin' this Saturday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, girls! :)

Ahhh, Saturday! I love it. I'm skipping the last boot camp class this morning. Realistically, it'd be a helluva fight to keep up as it is, but it would make tomorrow's 10 miler near impossible. Unfortunately, I emailed the instructor and she is not willing to give me a refund or even apply the $30 for today's class to a future class or PT session. Kinda harsh, if you ask me. But oh well. My dumb luck for getting sick.

Wendy texted me early yesterday evening and appears to be having a blast. :) :) :)

Di -- thanks for sending the race photos...you look great! I am NEVER smiling in my race shots. :) I'd be happy to mail you the two Galloway plans I have uploaded. I have tweaked it to fit my scheduling needs, and I'm going to be tweaking it some more on Monday when I start Turbulence Training.

Laura -- huh? *lol* You lost me. Something's been taunting me? Enjoy your fishing.

Angie -- loved what you posted in the "Do you like your job?" thread. SO true, and you said it perfectly. *lol* Yeah, I finally got the day right. :7...Sorry you had a gloomy, rainy day. Didn't need that!...So I wouldn't have been contagious to the others? I am coughing and blowing my nose (my God, where does this stuff come from????) constantly. I had to laugh at the free eating window. Mine is a large bay window. :) That's really interesting about cutting out the supplements for a week. How was dinner with Mark's uncle? Hope it took the edge off a little for DH.

Getting my haircut this afternoon and will be heading out tonight though I don't much feel like it. Think I may do some u/b work today.

BBL to see if anyone's around!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Heya Cathy and fellow cabbers

I fear it may be a bit quiet in here today without our beloved Wendy. It's good to hear she is having a good time.
It's a gloomy day here after T-storms hit last night, but it's supposed to burn off this afternoon. We'll be hitting the theatre just about the time it's supposed to get nice.
I'd like to get my w/o in before noon today so it doesn't interfere with any plans, but I'm still looking for motivation at the bottom of my coffee cup.:7

Cathy - That kinda sucks re: the no refund on the BC class. Do you think you will sign up again? I would understand the no refund, but geez, you'd think they would be able to give you some credit on the next round of classes. Usually after you've been on abx for a few days, you are no longer contageous. Although, I have to admit, I'm not completely familiar with sinus infections, but I would think you'd be safe to be around.:D
I think Laura meant that the weather was taunting you. It's nice when you can't run and it's yucky when you can.
About the job thing, I'm lucky to be in a job I love, but I know it can be easier said than done to get to that point. I've been in the rat race before, but now that I'm out of that vicious cycle, I would never go back!
Dinner was good. DH had a few CABs but he had to work today. He's still down. He said he's not ready for another dog yet. I know he's afraid of getting hurt but I told him I can't stand being home alone. I showed him a picture of a batch of puppies online that are up for adoption that are just cute enough to melt your heart. He didn't say no, but I fear they will all be adopted by the time we get back from the races in a couple of weeks. I guess, things will work out the way they are supposed to.
Hope you get a great haircut today.:)
You're not feeling up to going out tonight b/c of the yucks or just don't feel like it? Is this a study free weekend?

Di - The running pics are cool. You are an inspiration! What w/o (s) do you have going on today besides cleanmax?

Hey girl,

I'm still loafing around here, enjoying a lazy morning. I'm on my third tea & still haven't found inspiration to move. Then again, I haven't been lookin' that hard, either. :7 I don't know if I'll sign up again now, to be honest. I was a little put off by the policy...Oh OK on the abx. Thanks for the info. I guess I am just a germaphobe. :) I probably wouldn't have liked working out with somebody as snotted up as me. :p...I feel lucky, too, to be in a job I love, and it wasn't an easy transition for me, either, but I agree with your statement that life is too short and ya gotta MAKE it happen! That expresses my views perfectly! :)...I understand both your readiness for a new pup and DH's reluctance. It's hard to know when... :7 about the haircut... I feel pretty good, just maybe a little tired and not in the mood for CABs or a late night. Wanna get that 10 miler in tomorrow. May be more of a run/walk, but I want to give it my best. I did stop for HH unexpectedly yesterday afternoon and forced down 2 CABs...This is definitely NOT a study-free weekend. I only have a small amount of prep to do for school (lesson plans are done again, yay), so I absolutely NEED to spend a DECENT chunk of time prepping for next Saturday's exam. I've done only the minimum, to be honest, but I don't have time for guilt or panic.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Hey Cathy - (((hugs))) You don't sound like your usual chipper self today.:( That bug has probably taken the wind out of your sails. Hope it eases up for you soon.
I've been going thru my email that has really piled up. I think I'm almost caught up now, but I removed my name from several things I try to keep up on. It's just not worth the hassle anymore so I nixed them. When it becomes clutter, it is just no longer needed. It's mostly health/fitness stuff and I think I get my best info. from this site.:)
Dare I ask what the weather prediction is supposed to be for tomorrow?:eek:
The exam is next Saturday already??? Wow! This spring has really flown by. I can't believe my kids' last day is Friday already. I hope you find some time to sneak a bit o' study time in there. IA, the guilt and panic will not help anything. I know that with my boards, it wouldn't have mattered how much I studied b/c the questions were not what I expected. I did fine though, and I'm sure you will too. Will you have to wait as long to find out the test results as you had to with the portfolio?
We've been using Wii therapy around here. Cody's barking at me right now to come and play. We played MarioKart a bit last night. I'm not very good but it is fun! I should probably get out of my jammies and get my shorts on and get on the EXT. At least that way I can watch them play while I sweat my butt off.
Catch ya later....

Ange -- quite the contrary...I'm in a GREAT mood! :) That's funny, I was just deleting emails, too...I know, it HAS flown!...Yeah, the exam & portfolio results combine to form the score, so the only results I'll get will be in November. I'm not stressed or anxious about it. I'm sure I will be when the time comes, but right now I'm busy with other things, so it's just not on my mind often. I am already prepared mentally to anticipate working through a year two. Yeah, it really is something that's hard to "study" for, exactly, but I will be looking over some of the prep materials. Is it still raining there for you? I think we are due to get some showers today here. It's pretty humid. Glad you're having fun with MarioKart. :)

Hi ladies,

I've been up for a couple of hours doing laundry and drinking coffee. The darn trash trucks woke me up this morning. I have no idea what w/o I will do today if any. I really want to try out one of my new weight workouts but am trying to hold off for another week. I'd like to finish up round 2 of the X and use them on my recovery week. I thought about running but it's in the 80's and I'm a wimp. I'm a fair weather runner since I've gotten older. I like it between 40's and 70's for running.

Jerod has a football game from 11-1 and we have a graduation party to go to at 4:30. I haven't even started on cleanmax but may do that tomorrow.

Cathy-I think my rec ctr has the same policy regarding refunds. I have to pay for each session which is usually a month. If I miss a session I can go to one of the other classes and make it up if I choose. If the instructor misses a class, she schedules a makeup class for us. Thanks for the mapmyrun website. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Angie-I've been cleaning up my emails too! I've been really working on trying to reduce the clutter in my house. I really need an organizer to come to my house and help me but I don't want to pay for it. I'm sure the humane society will have other dogs available when you get back from the race. It's time to get on those shorts and hit the EXT-for you and for me!

BBL
Diana

Heya girls

I'm done with CC#5. I put up a good sweat and am now in relaxation mode for the weekend. We'll be heading out to the movies shortly to watch Iron Man. Poor DH says he feels like crap, maybe the onset of the flu? Geez, I hope not. I still am inclined to think that it is his body's way of dealing with the past week.:( Hopefully he'll be feeling better in the next half hour and will be able to join us.

Cathy - It's not raining here anymore, but it's still dreary and depressing. That's why I want to go to the movies today b/c tomorrow is supposed to be nice.
Oh good, I'm glad you're in a happy mood.:) I thought maybe the yucks got to ya.
Keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather for tomorrows long run.

Diana - Shoot that ga-bage man!! *lol*
I wouldn't want to run in hot weather either. Yuck!
Have fun at the football game and the grad parties.:)
Once my mom and I have this garage sale in June, that will help my clutter problem tremendously! Actually tomorrow I will probably go and start marking stuff. I have boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff to mark. It's going to be quite the project.

I'll let you all know how the movie goes. While in town, I'm gonna go to Walmart and pick up some things, along with check on a lilac bush.

Have a great afternoon cabber buds.;-)

Where'd ya all run off to?

Iron Man was a good movie. The boys really enjoyed it. I enjoyed some popcorn with butter.}( :9 Then we went to a bar and grill and got chicken strips with curly fries. It's a good thing I did a CC today, but even that won't be enough to take care of the damage I did with my eating. Oh, well.......
I did get the lilac plant and will hopefully be planting that tomorrow.

Have a fun evening girls

I'm still around. Just got back from the graduation party. It was nice to visit with some friends for a bit. They had mexican food and I stuck to chicken, rice, salsa, avocado. I had one piece of cake too. I'm really full right now and could've done without the cake, it wasn't even chocolate.

Angie-I've heard Iron Man is a good movie. Glad you could take some time and enjoy a day out with the family. I know for us at least that those days are few and far between. I'm sure the lilac bush will be beautiful when you get it planted tomorrow.

Cathy-thanks again for the link. I've already mapped out some of my runs and now I know how far they are.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.