c&t wednesday - half way there!!

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

We had a long night. Ellie was up crying for no reason (this child has cried since the day she was born!) and Annabel wet her bed again for the 2nd time this week. Not sure what's going on there. I think she's getting lazy.

I got up this morning and did PS B&B and abs since I didn't get it in yesterday. I like the PS series but I also get confused since she doesn't tell what weight she's using so when she says "heavy" I have something in my mind and it's usually too heavy and then I can't finish the reps and then if I go one set lower, it's too light and I don't feel it so I struggled trying to find a right weight. But, my back and biceps are sore so I guess I did well. I also like the older ab workouts b/c I feel like they are just simpler and I feel it.

From y'day:

Clintonya, sorry about your funk too! It seems we're all there. It's TTOM for me as well and I can't believe how much it affects everything about my life! Ugh...

Kate, LOL on being afraid to get a boy. Ryan would knock me up right now if he was sure he'd get a boy! :) I hope you're not up nursing! How's that duct?

Becky, I'm so sorry about your migraine! I don't know how people cope with those things! I can't stand "small" headaches! I hope you got some rest and are feeling better.

Lisa, I would say try GS one body part a day too. I might do that after my "meso 3" - I just can't stand long weight work. This may be the reason I never buy STS.

Nina, busy days are good. Glad you got disc 15 done. Did Anne send you Meso 2 or did you buy it?

Speaking of ANNE!! YOO HOO!!!

I had a hankering for oatmeal this morning so I made apple cinnamon. It's just OK. Anyone have a good recipe? It doesn't have much flavor. It's probably the sugar I'm missing. :p

Girls have dance and gym classes today. I have lots of studying to do. My sister is supposed to arrive Sat morning but she's flying standby and the flights are oversold! :( I'd appreciate any flight prayers you can muster!

Have a great day everyone. I'll check in when I can.

Morning Angie! I'm so sorry about your rough night! Prayers coming your way! I love the PS series - do you have the compendium (sp)? Because that would tell you what weight she is using and you could record your own if you want. If you give me your e-mail address I will send it to you.

UPDATE on the "help" I am getting at work. We have this woman at my office named Gina, and we call her whenever we need extra help with different projects. She is an at-home mom to a 16 year old girl, so she will often come in and work while her child is at school, etc. Well I asked someone yesterday, "What time is Gina coming in tomorrow?" (because that is who they were calling to come in and help me) and they said, "What? I didn't know Gina was coming in....?" So basically, after they offered me the help, THEY FORGOT TO CALL HER:mad::mad::mad:

I was raging pissed but now I just find it humorous more than anything else.

Okay, I've got 40ish minutes - gonna try some weights. I think I forgot to tell you guys this - I hurt my wrist last week (I think doing dips) so I've been afraid to lift. I hope it goes ok this morning because it still feels a little iffy...

Morning, Girls!!! :D:D:D

Last night.... Julia fell asleep nursing, laid her into bed no problem. She woke up in the night so I nursed her. I went to lay her down and she protested a bit but I kept going and she fell asleep right away. Small victory!

Today is going to be a FUN DAY!!!! Isabel has a play today!! I'm so excited I could burst! She's going to school in the morning and gets to ride the bus with Gina. I can't wait to see it - it's going to be so cute to see them get on together! Her play is ay 10 and its "The Old Woman Who Lived in the Shoe". She's on of the kids and has this sweet peasant girl dress complete w/ apron & bonnet. After the play she'll come home and not have her regular PM kgarten. So I'll have to figure out something for us to do this afternoon.

Given that Isabel will be home I doubt I'll get my regular hour to WO while Ju naps but I'm hoping to get something in so we'll see what happens.

--

Angie, My boob is about 90% - thank goodness this one passed quickly!
I think PS is the one series I don't have and I don't feel inclined to get it. I think Mike would shoot me!
Sorry abt your nighttime issues last night! That would be rough! You expect it w/ babies but not big girls! Hope tonight is better!
Hope your sis makes it! How exciting! How long is she staying? I bet your girls are excited!

Katie, Boo to your boss! That's no good! But I like your helper's name!;) You don't hear that one very often and she gets excited when we do!
OUCH on the wrist! Hope its ok for your weights today!
Can you email me that compendium too? Pretty please?! With sugar and low fat whipped cream on top!?:p:p:p:p

Becky, Hope your headache passes quickly!
and yeah, ANNE! I know you have mtgs tuesday but where the heck are ya?!?!?!
-
Just got my shower, better get my booty in gear. See ya!

LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!!!!! You're all the best!

Kate, i'll have to dig around in my computer for the compendium - will e-mail tonight. Any other takers?

PS Kudos to Kate for sending me a FAB french toast recipe! Chris has been asking for french toast, so I went to the bakery and got a loaf of cinnamon sourdough bread and used it for ft last night for dinner and it was DE-LISH! Okay, so not so clean or tidy but.... Whatever!!

Hey, where has Anne been? Did she tell us she was going to be MIA this week...?

Good morning Girls !

Well for the first time ever in my LIFE......really!.......my headache went away after about 6 or 7 hours !
I was cautious the rest of the day and didn't do much of anything, then at bedtime, it came back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This morning, so far, it appears to be about 90% better- almost gone.
I MIGHT workout, because it is weights, not cardio today, so I'll try & see how it goes. Crossing my fingers !!!

Angie, sorry that things aren't going great right now ! :(
Prayers coming to you that things look up soon and your sister gets there on time with no problems !!

Katie, I'd love to have the compendium too !!!!!!

Kate, have fun at the play ! I LOVED going to stuff like that when my kids were little !!!!!
Brayden just signed up for football (4 years old !) and I can't wait to go watch those little guys play !!!! :p But they better not be too rough !!! ;)

Hi everyone !

Morning!

Nice quiet day for me today:) I have legs on tap but I'm super sore from Monday's workout so today might end up my rest day. Got my run/walk in last night. Darrin's dad was here for almost 3 hours! It wasn't that bad I have to say.

Angie, I hope your sister can get a flight! Sorry about hte rough night-when it rains, it pours, huh? I like the PS series too. And as soon as I finish STS, I'm switching to shorter body part splits too.

Katie, I hurt my wrist a few weeks ago sparring with my boxing trainer. It hurt. Be careful lifting today. Sorry about the ghost helper! I want the compendium too please!

Kate, have fun today! Take lots of pics and video! Glad last night wasn't too bad for you. I can totally relate to your fear of boys! We had it too!;)

Clintonya, how are you feeling today? Any better?

Lisa, I think GS one body part/day is awesome!

Becky, hope you feel better today.

Nina, sleeping in?:)

Hi Colleen and Anne!

Hi Everyone!

I hate allergies. I woke this morning feeling like I was getting a really bad cold and it was just allergies. It makes it really hard to get up in the morning. I hate taking my meds but I guess I just need to take them regularly until it dies down at the end of April. I did do Plyo Legs this morning which was fun. Oh and we saw the baby last night and he is a cutie. Mom and baby are doing well and the baby's grandmother who is a NICU nurse is coming to stay with them for 2 weeks (she's from MN). It is making mom feel so much better about going home (this is her first baby).

Nina, I am so jealous that you slept in this morning.
Lisa, I am thinking about doing one body part per day after STS.
Clintonya, how was cardio with your knee?
Becky, that's great your migraine went away so quickly.
Angie, sorry for all the drama last night. I really hope your sister can make it to see you.
Kate, how adorable that Isabel will be in a play. It is always fun to watch them at that age. glad to hear your milk duct is getting better.
Katie, sorry about the help issue. I hate when that happens. Hopefully Gina can come in tomorrow.
Klaudia, glad yesterday went better than planned and you got in a workout.

*Slinks in sheepishly.* Sorry, guys, I, too, have been in a funk. Sunday was particularly bad. But, onward and upward, eh? I have been feeling better since mid-day on Monday. And I had fun last night--I met a friend for drinks and a bit to eat and then went to see an author I really like, http://audreyniffenegger.com/. I read her latest book for my book club on Sunday, which was part of the problem. It was good, but quite dark.

I did Disc 25 on Monday evening. OMW, I hate Meso 3. Am I allowed to say that? I guess I should wait until I do all three work outs this week to say that, but that work out is sooooooooooo long. And I hate working chest and back. My least favorite body parts. So, I skipped the last two sets of the last two exercises. I couldn't help it, I just wasn't into it. I'll try the squat rack legs tonight because my toe still isn't quite better, so I don't want to do Plyometrics.

Colleen, sorry about your allergies, that is no fun.

Klaudia, I know you're enjoying the sunshine! There's a send off for the Spartans at the airport today. Want to meet me there at 5:45? Ha!

Becky, I hope your headache is gone for good. Take it easy today, k?

Katie, I know right where my copy of the compendium is. If you can't find it, let me know. Or, I can send it out to anyone who wants it. Just PM me your email address.

Kate, how was the play? How fun for you and your girls.

Angie, sorry for the rough night, I hope today is better.

Nina, I have to say Meso 2 is definitely my favorite. Maybe I'll change my mind about Meso 3, but right now I'm considering just doing something else. I guess I can stand it for 3 more weeks, right?

Hi Lisa! Where's Robin? Is she MIA too? Who else did I miss?

Okay, I *have* to be productive today.

anne

Good morning~

Angie, sorry about the long night. Sounds like you did do well if you are already sore :) I hope some flights open up!!!

Katie, I know you were mad at the time :) Did they finally call her?

Kate, have fun at the play :D I always tear-up at things like that :) Can’t actually cry cause then I would embarrass them, you know how that goes :)

Becky, that’s GREAT that you migraine went away so quickly. If you can, take it easy :)

Klaudia, thanks-feeling a little better, at least I didn’t have to talk myself into getting out of bed :) When are you doing the 10K?

Colleen, sorry about your allergies affecting you. Has this year been worse than previous years? Will be doing the w/o around 5:30, I will let you know how it goes!

Anne, sorry you have been in a funk! We must all have caught the same thing! Glad you are coming out of it though.

Hi to everyone else!! Hope hump day is going ok for everyone. It’s another beautiful day here :) Will bbl.

Clintonya

I did Legs this morning and have been working on laundry and a little cleaning.

Headache is still gone! So.....YAY! :)

Hi Klaudia, Colleen, Anne, Clintonya !

Well, look what happens when I take the mornign off of posting! We're still on page 1!!!! :eek::eek::p:p:p

The play was great! Isabel did awesome! Will get some pics on FB in a little bit.

Katie, Glad the FT went over well! Which recipe did you use?

Becky, Glad the headache didn't last long! IT was all our well-wishes for ya!;):D
4yo football would be a HOOT to watch!
Hope the WO goes well!

Klaudia, Glad the visit w/ FIL went well. My dad was here today and that went well too. - thank goodness! He has a different sense of humor that the kids don't really understand.:confused:

Colleen, ooooo, yer makin me want anotha baby!!!!!:D:D:D
nice job on Plyo Legs - I should dig that one out!

Anne, I hate how LONG Meso3 Wos are but I like that kind of lifting. I folded laundry in between sets!:p
Your night last nght sounds like fun! Good for you!
I think Robin is still limiting computer time???

Clintonya, Beautiful day here too. HEading to the playground after Julia wakes up!
I actually don't get teary - my girls can be so timid I just get amazed and giddy that they actually get up on the stage!:p

-
Enjoying some time w/ Isabel while Julia is napping. WO will wait til tonight!

Becky, You jumped in!
Glad you're feeling good still! What a relief that must be!
Sounds like a nice day for you - don't you love being a Domestic Engineer? I seriously get no greater pleasure than "keeping the home fires burnin'"! There's just somehitng about keeping the house picked up, laundry rollin' and getting good nutritious meals on the table. I love being a wife and mom.:D

Good afternoon girls,

It's been a good day. It started out kind of rough but it has been a nice afternoon. I put the frozen half of the chicken tettrazini in the oven and spent the afternoon studying and then played Sorry with Annabel twice. Just finished reading "Toys Go Out" to her. Super cute book. We also had LDS missionaries at our door this afternoon. They were Americans so it was nice to have someone to talked to and the girls got all silly and showed off their swinging skills.

Ryan's reading a couple of books to the girls now and then they'll be off to bed and we'll have a nice, quiet dinner together. He came home and smelled my apple cinnamon oatmeal from this morning and decided to make an apple pie... so that's in the oven now. He's such a baker!

Kate, I'm glad I's play went well. I really am so excited for stuff like that. I'm going to be that annoying mom that goes to everything! I love to hear you talk about how fun it is to be a wife and mom. Aside from cooking, I really feel the same way. I love taking care of my family.

Becky, WTG on legs! I'm so glad you're still feeling OK. Hope it stays that way!

Clintonya, glad you're enjoying your beautiful day. I can relate to tearing up when I watch my girls. I just well up with pride! They grow so fast!

Anne, no sheepish attitudes around here. Quite a few of us have been in a funk lately! Glad you come back to grace us with your presence. I think it's funny that we're afraid to admit when we don't like something. I've been somewhat disappointed with SC. I was really expecting it to be "harder" and the short WOs are leaving me feel less than satisfied so I should just do 2 of them at a time instead of complaining! :) Do what works for you!

Colleen, I'm so sorry about your allergies. That's so frustrating. It's no fun to wake up that way every morning. Glad you enjoyed Plyo Legs. I think I'd like that wo.

Klaudia, glad you have a quiet day. Maybe we should all do one body part together! :) Glad your visit with FIL went well too. What was the deal with Milla the past couple of weeks that you were posting on FB about? Is she ok?

Katie, I do have the compendium - I never realized it had weights listed. I'll check it out. Hope you get some help at work today.

Reading done, gotta go tuck in babies. bbl.

Kate, can you give me the name of your chiro? PM me, if that works better. I think I might go that route for my toe. It's better, but now it sort of hurts in a different way. One of my friends I went on the cruise with recommended I try that. Thanks!

anne

hi gals - sorry for being missing a few days. everything was going smoothly, well sort of, and then BAM, it hit that we were leaving soooooooo soon! DH leaves Monday. I have to schedule and pass my driving test and then buy our plane tix asap. plus a zillion other things related to the house, shipping things up there, etc. promise to be back for eprsonals tonight, tho. I will read up and get back on here to chat.

Becky, I am glad the migraine stayed away and you were able to get your w/o in :)

Kate, tell Isabel great job :D I enjoy being a mom too, sometimes I wish we would have had the $ so I could have stayed home, but I suppose all things happen for a reason, so I am glad I found a flexible job that allows me to spend a lot more time at home than most jobs :)

Angie, hope you and Ryan had a nice dinner :) They really do grow up so fast – you look at them and are just in awe of the new things they can do :)

Wendy, I can only imagine the effort it is taking to get straight for the move! Hope everything goes smoothly for you!

w/o went pretty good, just little twinges here and there. Trying to wrap up a couple of tax returns I need to get back to people. Tonight is our night in, so looking forward to that.

Clintonya

Hi Becky! Still feeling good?

Angie, Nice day! And Ryan BAKES?!?!? Simply amazing! How did he learn? Before you were married? After? Please tell me details - I would love to know! Mike would prob do ok in the kitchen if I let him - but this is my domain, baby, and I let no one in it.
I am def the mom who goes to everything. It's been trickier since Julia but I am pretty much there for it all.

Anne, My chiro is Dr. Lanjopoulos. Their # is 627-4547, local for you. They are husband and wife, from S. Africa. I've heard good things about Dr Childs at Ledges Chiropractic (also in GL) and also Dr. Haase in Lansing, kind of near Eastwood.

Wendy, Dont worry about personals! You are crazy-busy woman! For real! Just come on and tell us how much you love us and are thinking of us! :D
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DRIVING TEST!!!!!

Clintonya, Glad the Wo went well! Enjoy your quiet night - you deserve it!
I hope my post abt being a SAHM didn't seem judgmental. My hat goes OFF to working moms - I could *NEVER* do it. Well, I did do it for a long time and I proved I CAN'T do it. I worked for DH's dad's business - it was supposed to be a few hrs a week and turned into 40+....not so easy w/ 2 little ones around. I was stressed, working 'round the clock, ornery (who remembers all my late night posts ticked off at Mike?!:p), couldn't take care of my house, meals, kids, or husband. When we got preg w/ Ju I quit and it was the single best thing I ever did for my marriage.

-
Meals have been super clean, cookies from the bakery have NOT. And today is a rest day, so lovely. I will be all charged up to kick some booty tomorrow. Time for some assisted cardio.....that counts toward the calorie burn, no?!:cool::D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.