()()()c-t-tuesday()()()

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls - quick check in from the iPhone! Did PUB this am and it was good! Morris what are your other fave ub WOs? Foot is still kinda sore so not sure what to do for cardio...

Does anyone have the p90x nutrition guide that I could borrow for a bit? I remember it being good but don't have it cuz I sold it. :( I can pay for shipping or copies or whatever!

Going to ladies coffee thing. Will check in after lunch! Keep it clean!!

Morning, Angie & my other C&T lovelies!

We are having thunderstorms and rain here too - sounds like several others were contending with that last night also. I am headed down to the TM for a few miles of speed intervals - cross your fingers that the power doesn't go out on me!

Hi Angie!! We had the P90X menu but I don't know where it is. We were looking for it couple months ago and can't find it. If it pops up, I'll let you know. I just remember a lot of fish on the menu.

Kate - No wo. Well, a walk which turned into chatting with the neighbors, but will run in the am.

It is almost 12 here so off to bed I go so I can go for a run in the am. I got out to go for a walk/run, but saw my neighbors and ended up chatting. Oh well, I will catch up today.

Lisa

Morning Angie! I hope your coffee get together was fun- do you find that a lot of people speak English? You're trying to learn French, right?

Good night Lisa! Hope you get that run in today.

Katie: We have the storms here too this morning. The alarm went off at 5 and I was already awake.

I was supposed to do STS Legs Disc #3 today but DH had Disc 17 on the agenda (tri set legs) and how could I say no to those? I love to hate those tri sets! Anyway, we did that this morning and both were seeing stars during that third set. :eek: Glad it is done. Kate has inspired me- maybe I'll try a CS later today.

I have to run and get showered- my kids go to day camp on T/TH from 9-1 so I can work. BBL!

Good night Lisa! Hope you sleep well!

Morning Katie, how was your run? Did you hold onto your electricity?

Hi Patti! A WO is a WO! I'm sure the one you chose was great. DH (Ryan) and I workout at the same time but do different things. He has a bowflex and runs. I think he would probably like STS if we had heavy enough weights. We don't have a barbell yet (and probably won't get one until we're back in the states) and our heaviest dumbbells are 35 lbs. It would be fun to do things together though!

I'm home from coffee. It was nice. It's strange that the ladies just easily switch from French to English. I'm not quite there yet.

I'm feeling lazy and hungry today which is never a good combo. I need to get to the grocery store b/c we don't have any "good" food here. I plan to clean my shower this afternoon and just generally straighten up. Have 4.5 hours until I get the kids... going to be a long afternoon.

boo, hiss. i have a clogged milk duct and it hurts like a ..........

patti, so yoove got an escapee, huh?:p thats so frustrating!
very cool on you & dh wo'ing together!
enjoy yor alone time today!!!
hoping for cs today too!

angie, hope you have a great day!
no p90 here.....

katie, have a great run!

lisa, theres 1 benefit to our road.....pretty hard to chat to our neighbors....wed have to yell!:p

-
lifting tonight, not sure what
cs during dds mommy-mandated afternoon quiet time
clean eats!!!! not sure what on that tho!:p
i love smmer vacation!!

hi angie! lazy & hungry is dangerous here! if you feel the munchies coming on AND YOU KNOW YOURE NOT ACTUALLY HUNGRY brush your teeth & take a brisk walk. if you still want something eat an apple!:D:D:D

Morning Kate! I'm so glad you enjoy summer break. As much as Gina?? I'm trying to stay out of my kitchen... maybe some kashi honey crunch (MIL sent a care package and another one on the way full of kashi, clif, and annie's products!).

Checking out the "new" cathe nation...

LOL, Angie! Gina's pretty excited too!:D
NICE on the care package! I think I'm going to need some Kashi for breakfast now!:D

I'm starving but DDs aren't up yet.... I usually wait to eat with them. Might not today!

Hmm, kids still asleep. I hate to wake up a sleeping kid, just seems against the natural order of things. :D

Angie: Yeah, lazy and hungry days happen to me too. I like Kate's idea is great, or do an energy break before you eat something unplanned. I think Cathe did a segment on them a few weeks ago. I'm such a dork I made up my own new one for the week and have promised myself that before I eat unplanned food I will do the energy break first! It would be a pain to move all of those weights when you move back- never thought of that. Huh.

Confession: I have never eaten Kashi!

good morningall!

angie, sorry, no p90x here. as for my foot, i am the opp of katie. i did not know it was broken for 5 days. i walked on it, but did not run b/c that hurt. minor swelling only. finally went to dr and it was clear on xray. i thought it would be a stress fx as i could walk fine, but no, it was complete. yuck! if it is not better in a few days, check it out, okay?

kate, your run and tae bo sounds fun. good for you for getting out without kiddos. what was your dinner last night?

morning katie - how was your run?

hi patti - i am a definate morning exerciser, but if i had a naptime to rely on, i could be persuaded to change things a bit. hope wo was fun with dh.

hi lisa, hope you get a run in this am.

anne, big hugs - i am so sorry for what you are going thru. they say you don't get more than you can ahndle, but i am not sure i always believe that. i am so very sorry, though. please vent all you want.

klaud, you sound really good. i hope things go well this summer.

i had a fabulous 11 mile run this am. the rest of the week is supposed to rain, in fact it is starting now. what to do all day inside??? i am feeling better after a few clean days, but i am motivated to keep it up. on a sadder note, my boobs are almost non exisistant. aidan is drinking from a cup and loves it. it is bittersweet that they grow up. bbiab

Patti, never eaten Kashi???? WHAT!? What's your energy break? Moving the weights wouldn't be hard (we dont' actually move ourselves) but finding them in pounds rather than kg would be hard. :(

Morris, I'll keep an eye on my foot. It seems to be much better and I can't imagine it would be getting better if it was broken. Zero swelling and really no pain anymore. Sorry about your boobs. :( I hate that feeling! They do grow up so fast. Great job with the run!

Katie, have a good day! YAY for intervals!

Off to clean my shower. Wish me luck!

Hey ladies I had some wired dreams last night, must have been the hard boiled egg I ate around 8:00 or that stupid show I was watching "I'm A celebrity get Me Out of Here"....House was a repeat.

Katie the rain is coming my way too.

Patti I love/hate those trisets also, and boy do I miss the hard work. "You have never eaten Kashi" :eek:;) Just kidding. I did not start eating kashi until I join this chat group. Some are good but some are too sweet.

Lisa good night see ya in the morning.

Angie no P90X here but I wonder if they sell it on Ebay. I was thinking of buying Chalean Extreme they have a bootleg-I think for $30. I need to go to grocery shopping also...no good eats in refrig.

Kate clogged milk duct OMG how painful. Do you put hot or cold packs on it. I forgot.

Morris don't worry about your boobs I'll send you some of mine in the mail...FedEx. He drinking from a cup...sweet little boy.

-----------
Off to get some gas..stupid me the tank is on E.....E is for enough??:confused:

Morning Robin! Funny about gas. I hate getting gas... I was considering chalean too... don't need anymore WOs now but would love to hear what you think. I don't actually want P90X... just the nutrition guide. I remember it being super informative. LOL on the boobs.:p

Ok, MIL caught me on facebook and chatted... really going to clean shower now.

I can't even tell you guys how much I love my little chubby baby!:D:D:D Gave her a bath and I was getting her tucked in to bed for her morning nap. We sat in the lazyboy in her room and she put her little head down on my chest, plucked her thumb in her mouth, looked up at me and closed her eyes. Fell asleep in 2 seconds. I LOVE HER! She smelled so good and her skin is so soft. Ok, I'll stop. BUT I TOTALLY LOVE HER!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Patti, It has to be a dire emergency for me to wake a sleeping kid or baby. Rule Numero uno in our house!:p Hope you get lots done today!

Morris, WTG on the run! Gee, you didn't wnat to get soaked like we did last nght?! I was REAL CUTE going into the grocery store!:rolleyes::p
My boobs are SAD! I have to pick them up and tuck them into my bra!:eek::eek: I'd have a decent rack if they werent so blasted saggy!:p
i love/hate baby milestones.....sigh........
Dinner was a spicy chicken/pasta dish. Will get to posting recipe!:eek:

Katie, Great run!!!

Angie, I'd much rather FB than clean the shower!:p

Robin, Heat for clogged ducts. And lots of nursing. It is wiping me out. I fee awful. PUH_LEASE don't let this turn into mastitis....I've had it once and it's AWFUL.
LOL on the dreams.
Gas is around $3/gal here....how about you? The bill for the business is :eek::eek::eek:.

-
ok, better get on my chores!
I want to bake but I don't want the temptation!!!! Mikehas one of his guys here and I'm sure he'd appreciate a sweet treat. I KNOW DDs would like it. Stupid calories!:p

Shower cleaned... now working on kitchen. Geez. I'm having an exciting day. Still 2 hours until I pick up kids. Ugh. This is the longest day EVER.

Kate, I love how you love Julia. You make me want a baby. There is nothing more precious! Both my girls were thumb suckers but both stopped without much of a fuss (Annabel later than Ellie b/c of Ellie's broken tooth episode). Part of me wishes they'd still do it. I like that "baby" part of them. And OH how I miss nursing! I really hope you don't get mastitis too!!! BOOO!

If you bake, I'll come over... :)

Add me to the roll 'em up boobs- nursing destroyed them but it was worth it. I miss nursing- actually nursed DS for a looong time, longer than I planned. :) But he was so sweet about it. I've been having serious baby lust lately and DH does NOT! I can see his point but there is no denying that urge! I have terrible pregnancies anyway. Ha, trying to talk myself out of it.

You all might have to kick me out of the check in over the no Kashi thing- what's a good one to try? I'm always up for new good food. All of the different ones kind of overwhelm me when I try to pick.

Kate: Crossing my fingers for no mastitis! I had it twice with Max (DS) and felt like I was hit by a truck!

Morris: WOW on that run! You go! Seriously, that's impressive.

Next Confession: I have CLX and haven't done it yet! :eek: I am a sucker for a new workout. I will get to it someday soon I hope. And no, NOT NOT NOT buying Insanity. BUT Kelly Coffey Meyer's presale starts today.

Here's my energy break of the week- I wrote it for a mom's board I have been a member of for 5 years so it is not written for this educated crowd. ;)

Hops- Imagine a jump rope or other line at your feet in front of you- horizontal. With your feet together, hop forwards over the rope, then back behind the rope. Do this 20 times.

Wide Stance pushups- these really call on the chest muscles in a major way. Instead of just under your shoulders, put your hands a bit wider out to the side. Do 10.

Jumping Lunges- step forward with right leg in a lunge so that right leg is bent (but toe is behind or over knee) and left knee is bent as well but does not touch the floor. Stay in that position and from there, jump and switch legs so the left one is in front and the right one is behind. Do this 10 times (they go fast so you may want to do 20).

Skating Lunges- here is a link- go to 1:30 in the video to see a demo and do 20. (I didn't post the link since you all have seen Cathe do them!)

Forgot to mention my mom guilt- kids were sad at day camp drop off. :( But I called and Max is happily playing and Maggie is fine too. :D

Must work but will be back b/c job is boooooring and I need a lot of breaks. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.