####c-t-monday####

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

Annabel woke up a little after 5 just wanting to be covered and then I couldn't get back to sleep so I'm up (even though I was planning to get up - just up a bit earlier) to do L&G. Yesterday I did core max 1. I'm thinking of getting stretch max just b/c I really think it might be the format I'm looking for. Also considering Firm Yoga. Wish I could do netflix for it.

I'll be back with more personals later this AM after I take the kids to school. Of course, you guys won't know b/c you'll all still be sleeping... except Lisa who is probably getting dinner ready about now! :)

have a great day everyone!!!

Legs and Glutes done. I really struggle with leg work - specifically floor/glute work. I'm so weak. I'm really hoping to see an improvement doing two lower body workouts each week. I just need to build some strength I think. I feel like such a wimp because they're busting out all these moves with 2lb ankle weights and I can't even get through w/o weights.

Foot feels almost normal today. Tomorrow I think I'll do 20-30 min of low impact step and see how it goes.

Kids are up and raring to go. Annabel wet through her pull up last night. We're at a loss. She's been potty trained since about 2.5 and has NEVER had an accident but we can't get her to stay dry through the night. Ellie who has had her fair share of accidents (but is only just now turning 3), has stayed dry through the night since she was trained. It's strange how opposite they can be.

Today is grocey shopping (for lots of fruits and veggies!) and a trip to the laundro-mat to wash our comforters and duvet cover. I live right there on the edge - don't you worry!

I'll be back later for personals!

Klaudia - I love your dress!!

Angie - I struggle through the floor exercises on GS Legs. I don't know why because I do okay with B&G, but with the GS Legs, I'm so shaky. Have you tried limiting liquid intake few hours before bedtime for your dd?

Okay, eats were not stellar. Had a cupcake and ice cream, but I say it was for my bday. I'm like Kate, the weekends are hard. Weekdays are easy for me to eat clean, but weekends are more of a struggle. Anyway, planning on pilates tonight and I want to run so bad, but I think one or two more days.

Lisa

I'm back from my grocery shopping and had my favorite lunch of egg whites/mozz cheese on ww toast. I think I'm going to lie down for a few minutes before I pick up the kids. I'm tired.

Lisa, sorry your eats were rough. I have a really hard time on the weekend too. Any time my husband is around it's difficult. He always tries to cheer me up with food and it just kind of encourages my stress eating.

Klaudia, I love your pics. You look great. I hope you had a great weekend!

Kate, WTG on your 2 runs! I'm so glad you are doing so well. Keep up the great work. I'm so proud of all my running friends!

Morris, it's strange how sometimes our bodies just reject what we try to do. Give yourself a rest day and get some sleep!

Patti, good job overcoming your hunger attack with good, healthy food! Good luck with plyo legs. Ugh, leg work...

Robin, LOL on selling your son's room on ebay. I seriously could get rid of all their current toys and just start clean. Glad you enjoyed church and had a relaxing day.

Katie, great job with the cakes. I'm so impressed. I have no creative talent in me whatsoever!

Colleen, you are totally not a slob! You're doing great with all the stress you're under. Great job with MM! Do you ever do heavy lifting or do you mostly stick to total body and circuit type training?

Anne, how's it going???

Did I forget anyone??

Rest time... BBL. I love these morning posts when I'm chatting with myself. :eek: Katie will be up soon and then I won't feel so silly!

Klaudia, Great pics! You guys look great together!

Angie, Busy day today! Look at all you've got done while we're here sawing logs!:p
I love L&G!
No advce on teh bedwetting!:confused: Not something I've had to deal with.

Lisa, There's no such thing as cheats on your birthday!:D

-
We are going to the zoo today!! Taking my youngest sister Libby w/ us. Packing our lunch so we don't have to get rotten zoo food. We have a cute little pink cooler!:cool::p

Eats will be totally on track today!!

WO will be UB weights. Running Tues & Thursday w/ Laura. Our 5k is Saturday. So no LB weights I think??? Maybe I can sneak in some floor work during the day early this week.

Uggghhhh, Katie stayed in bed a bit too long:eek: If I remember correctly, one is supposed to feel RESTED after the weekend, not TIRED!

The grad party was good, everyone thought the cake was beautiful - and tasted good. It's just hard because people who don't do cakes really have no idea how much work is involved. But we had a good time at the party and then we came home to get Collin settled in and I ran out to the grocery store for the week.

Eats were pretty horrific this weekend and I am feeling it today - will NOT get on the scale today.

Let me see if I can upload some pictures...

Here ya go - one pic of the cake, and one of my cute family!

June2009024.jpg

June2009038.jpg

Sorry to post them directly into the thread - I tried the attachment feature but it would not work!

katie, you were crazybusy this weekend! i bet you feel tired! :eek:
clean eating today & you'll wake up tmrw feeling much leaner!
cant waitto see the pics!

-
been puttering around getting stuff done. j's up now, nursing, so sweet & snuggly!:D

CHUGGING my ice water! helps me to not overeat at breakfast. i could eat an entire box of cereal if i let myself. instead, i measure and put the box away. wish i had portion control! :p:rolleyes:

great pics katie!!!! the cake turned out beautiful!!! and you are so right - people have no idea what it takes to put that together!! you did awesome!
and you look great too! you all look so happy together! i just wanna squeeze collin! :D

Katie, your cake is beautiful but your family is even better! You look fit and happy and I agree with Kate, Collin is just too cute for words!

Kate, have a GREAT time at the zoo today!! You make me want a baby so badly. I've been having nursing dreams lately. I miss it so much. Oh well... just have to learn to enjoy the ages the girls are!

Contemplating putting the girls in "summer school" which is really just fun time for them. I want them to have a "summer" but I also really want them to keep up with the language and be with their friends. I can choose when to put them in and it will probably be for 4 total weeks since we'll be on vaca for 3 or so. Just can't decide what's right...

angie, as much as i love my little j-bird there is definitely sthing to be said for older kids too. i love how independent they are and seeing them grow makes my heart melt. i love having real conversations w/ them abt things.

ikwym abt the summer stuff. i always struggle w/ what & how much to get them involved with. good point abt them keeping up w/ their french.

Morning! I did Plyo Legs Disc #35 this morning- loved it! I am liking this rotation SO much. All of this talk about floor work has me wanting to do some- I loooove floor work, isn't that weird? Would CS legs do that for me Kate?

Angie: I think you would like Stretch Max- very non fussy but a good athletic stretch. I love the one on the ball. Don't fret the leg strength thing- you know everytime you do it you'll get stronger.

Kate: Oh, the zoo! Have fun! WTG with your two runs and for having more endurance than your sister. :) And I KNOW on the cereal- J and I have been known to watch a Saturday night movie and eat an entire box of Honey Nut Cheerios.

Klaudia: You guys are such a great looking couple! I love seeing pics so I have faces to go with the names.

Katie: OK, you have the CUTEST family! Wow, love how sweet your boys look. :) BTW, great cake and you're right, unless you do it you don't get how much work it is. I helped my SIL with a few of her baking projects in the past and it is a commitment!

Lisa: I agree, there is no such thing as cheating on your birthday! I struggle with GS Legs floor work too.

I feel terrific today- going to have a clean week and get the rest of this indulgent weight off from a few weeks ago. Gotta go get showered before my small boy is up and about- DD is at my parents today. :) Have a good one!

ETA: Too late! I hear him at the gate (yes, I have to gate him in his room for now). Yikes, GG!

Patti, WTG w/ Plyo LEgs AND feeling so good!! Sets us up for clean eating, doesn't it? I find I eat better when I WANT to not becasuse I feel like I HAVE to. Does that make sense????
CS for Lower body..... it's stretching and strengthening. So hard to compare it to Cathe's floor work. Really, it doesn't compare, but I still love what it does for me. CS is lengthen and strengthen. Cathe's more pure strengthen. :D That prob didn't help at all!:confused::p

good morning!

katie, i feel more tired mondays too. i spelt in today as poor aidan had a fever last night and was up from 2-4:30:( hope my pumpkin feels better today. that cake was AMAZING. and i can imagine all the work it took. how can you bear to let anyone eat it??

kate, good plan with the ice water, and putting the box away IS portion control:p. have fun at the zoo.

angie, so glad the foot is better. good plan with the low impact.

patti, i like floor work too. glad you had a good wo.

kl, what lovely pictures. you look fantastic.

well, not sure about my pool trip now if aidan is feverish. but, i hear him doing his morning talk and he sounds perky. we will see. also need to do lb and abs. i am not at all stiff and sore now, so probably too much lactic acid. pmsing in earnest, and i feel sick, so i need to do something today. eats are good, and i resisted a major baking urge yesterday knowing i'd only consume. i am ready for a great week!! bbiab

Thanks for the compliments ladies!

Patti, I miss plyo legs -- did I really just say that?? I might have to give that rotation a try one of these days.
Angie, would the summer program be a full day? Or half? There are definitely benefits of both -- could they do half days or maybe 3 full days a week?
Kate, I know what you mean about cereal! Clean eating today for sure - I am feeling the effects of the junk!

So I got up in time to do a workout but then the stomach cramps set in and I have made half a dozen trips to the bathroom this morning:confused: I will try tonight - maybe a 20 minute walk and chest from M2W3.

"See" you all at lunch!

Morris, (((HUGS))) to Aidan and Mommy! I am going to try some lb tomorrow evening I think after I run tomorrow am and see how that goes.

Morris: I hope Aidan is feeling better- we get weird phantom fevers here too. I'm glad you slept in today- sounded like you needed some rest. I know what you mean about resisting baking urges- I have that problem too. And I don't eat just 2 cookies when I do it. :mad:

Katie: Oh no on the stomach troubles! I hope it improves today- isn't it weird what junk food does to our bodies when we aren't used to it? The June rotation is so much fun- you hit legs twice a week too, which I like.

Kate: Yes, that helped. Thanks. I think I'll do a CS today for legs just to finish them off and for something different. Change is good! I like getting the workouts for free off of PBS but I know I'll probably be adding these to my wish list this year.

You guys sure are making it hard to catch up! Page 2 already?! So we had a busy weekend here-my bf came in from Toronto on Friday with her two kids, had to get mine ready to go to my parents', watched the Red Wings lose:(. On Saturday, I went out looking for a different dress cause I wasn't sure about the one I bought-which I ended up wearing anyway-from Target, by the way:) Good thing too cause two dresses I had debated were worn by someone else at the wedding! Worked out on Saturday-4DS S/B/T then the wedding. We didn't get home til 1:30! It was an hour away. Yesterday Darrin and I went out to breakfast-strawberry almond pancakes and bacon:eek:, then two grocery stores. Off to my parents to get the girls-took the older girls to the park there where I did a 45 minute run/walk while they played. Nothing like running in circles over and over! Dinner was awesome-pork chops, Yugo baked beans, Yugo salad and crusty white bread:eek: and dessert too! Gotta clean it up today!

So I start babysitting both boys today-they'll be here soon. Wish me luck! It's beautiful here so we'll be spending lots of time outside I think. And I plan on some quiet time-homework, coloring, etc.

Now for personals,

Angie, I have no potty training advice either-Nevena is being very stubborn. When you can have a conversation with a 2.5 year old, it's time to wear big girl pants, but no! Hope she's ready before school starts! Thanks for the Red Wings condolences. It was tough to watch. Keep up with the leg work-you'll get there! Do the school thing-it'll be fun for them!

Kate, have a great time at the zoo! We've yet to take Nevena-maybe this week since it's supposed to be beautiful out:) Awesome double run!

Katie, that cake is awesome!! Our friends' daughter is named Zoya too:) My eats weren't the greatest either. Let's get back on the wagon together!

Patti, I love Plyo Legs! I'm going to feed off your positive energy! How'd Max do in the big boy bed?

Morris, I hope Aidan feels better. I hate Summer colds! I still have stiff calves from Thursday! Wearing 4" stilettos on Saturday and running yesterday probably didn't helps things!

Hi Robin, Colleen, Anne, and Lisa!

Kids are here!

Katie the cake looks so professional. Have you ever thought of making cakes part time for money?

Lisa I have a hard time staying clean on the weekends also.

Angie I love the Firm Yoga it's one of my fav. Cathe's stretch max is also very good short 20min workouts. Sometimes kids have to grow a little to stop the nighttime bed/pull up wetting. Try not to get stressed about it because if she feels embarrassed the situation may get worst. Let her peds doctor know what's happening also.

Patti funny about the gate.

Morris I hope Aidan is not coming down with something. PMS sucks.

Klaudia sorry about the Red Wings Yes take the boys outside. Boys love to run and fall and run and jump and fall.

Hi Colleen Lisa and Anne what's new?
-------
My w/o today will be Empire State Man Maker premix kbells. I have only one more week of this rotation. Not sure about my next rotation.

b-oatmeal
l-salmon and salad

quickie....

morris, i hope a gets feeling better! hugs!

katie, hope you get feeling better. and that you get a wo tonight.

patti, i have one of the cs tv series on dvd. i like them but they dont compare to the longer dvds

klaudia, great weekend!
good luck w/ the boys today!
do you have a good zoo near you? would love to meet up w/ you! or u could come to potter park???

robin, have fun kbellng!

-
leaving for zoo after nursemax... yay!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.