C&T make it marvelous (& clean!) MONDAY

Kate, I'm so sorry! What's her deal? Are you going crazy?

G'night Lisa!

Today started out great! I got up and did step blast which was so fun. I love love love that WO. From beginning to end. I especially love the last combo. It's just all so fun and I'm a sweaty mess when it's over. I'm going to do PS again this week since I only got one in last week and then I will be done with "meso 2" and will start right away (since I basically had a rest week last week) with meso 3 (4DS and S&H). I think I might do 4ds as is for at least one week. We'll see.

Anyway, took the girls to school and saw a sign that says there was a case of scarlet fever at school. I called ryan to see what he wanted me to do and his assistant said to take them out for a couple of days so I went back and picked them up and now they're home. They're playing sweetly upstairs so I'm hoping for a good day. I have a lot of studying/school work to do as usual so having them home will be a bit tough.

OK, so, I'm hoping for a better week. I'm determined to clean up my eating and just be happier in general. I promise to be checking in more faithfully. I miss you gals!

Good Morning Girls !

Kate- ahhhhh Little J doesn't want to give up her nighttime nursing !!!!!!! Poor Mommy!!

Angie- I'm glad today started better. I had a great eating day until last night and I got into the pita chips and ate my portion and the entire state of Ohio's too !!!!!!! Ugh !!!!!!!!!!!! Will I EVER learn ????????
So , it's plenty of extra water today and try , try again !!!

Chest & back (sts Meso 3) today. Maybe abs and yoga too.

Rainy day , so no outdoor walk.

bbl

Angie - Scary about the scarlet fever! I'm with you on being happier and cleaning up the eating. I actually didn't eat horrible, but not the best, that's for sure. I love Step Blast also. Haven't done it in forever!

I haven't worked out in two days and I'm just feeling in a funk. I can't shake off this blah-ness. Anyway, I am determined to workout today. Just don't know what. I know I always feel better when I do. Had dinner at my parents tonight. I think I need to just stay away from my sister. I don't understand how someone can be "tight on cash" but buy all kinds of expensive things - clothing and shop at Whole Foods. She also buys all kinds of trendy expensive things like a $25 teething toy for my nephew (her son) and I'm like WTH? Oh and then proceeds to tell me she also needs to save money so she can send him to private school. She also has him on a somewhat vegan diet. No meats, no wheat products, and no dairy at all. He was only 17lbs at his 1yr check up last month. I would think it was okay if he was gaining well, but he actually lost a pound, but she said it was because he was sick with a fever and cough. I don't say anything because I know it will just turn into a fight. I asked her if she was worried about allergies and she said no, she just wants to keep him "pure" as possible since he'll have his whole life to eat all that other stuff. Okay, whatever. Anyway, off rant. Off to bed. See you girls in the morning!

Last edited:
Becky - We must have been posting at the same time! I had a bad time with pc the other day, but hopefully I got it under control now. Sorry about the rain!

good morning ladies!

lisa, that is nuts about your sis and would drive me crazy too. good plan to stay away. i am not talking with my crazy sister, and while it feels good, i am afraid of making a bigger problem, if you kwim. sorry about the funk. that is how i felt last week, but this week is better. maybe try ab kbx? that is such a fun wo i think.

hey angie! good attitude for the week! but scary about scarlet fever. hope you have a good day, and great wo!

becky, sorry about the pita chips. you will be back on track today.

kate, sorry about j's nursing. does she drink out of a cup? maybe offer her some water ?

well, i have had several really clean and pc days in a row, but i am staying away from the scale anyways b/c it will just put me in a bad mood i am sure. i feel wayyyy better than last week though. i am sore after meso 2 yday in the chest. great run this am, but not sure what will be going on today. i really want to go do some shopping! and it is after 7 and my ids are still asleep!!

Becky, so sorry about the pc issues! Anything salty is my nemesis for sure. Pita chips and hummus is one of my favorite snacks and I miss it dearly! I suppose it's good that I can't find it.

Lisa, sorry about the WO funk. I can definitely relate. And sorry about your sister and those issues. That's frustrating. It's even harder when her decisions are affecting a child! Ugh. She definitely needs to feed him more - why is she not giving him those things? Is she vegan? I'm surprised her ped isn't giving her a hard time. Weird. Anyway, I agree with you for what it's worth.

Lunch time. I love my kids. They're just sweet. I'm enjoying their company today.

BBL.

Morning ladies. I slept in a bit (who's surprised?) but did get up in time to do a very short run. Today is Chris's birthday, but he is not being very nice and he has already made me cry. Hopefully it is a sign of fluctuating hormones but who knows.

Angie asked the other day about the 2ww - one week down, one to go. A week ago, right after ovulation, I would have bet a million dollars that I was preg. Now I am not so sure. I guess we will know pretty soon.

Crazy, busy, rainy day here - office for about 5 minutes, then court, back to the office for a meeting, back to court... Think my husband will be happy with his favorite take out for his birthday dinner? I'm not sure I will have the energy to cook.... And right now I am pretty pissed at him so I really don't feel like being nice, birthday or not!:(

Missed you Nina! Glad you're having good, clean, pc days! That feels so good, I know! Ryan has been reading the ominvore's dilemma and I have a feeling it will result in some major eating changes around here for sure. That's great that your kids are sleeping in! Hope you have a great day and ya for chest DOMS. :)

ACK! Everyone keeps posting at the same time as me! :):)

Katie, ugh about Chris. Why did he make you cry on his bday? That's no fun. Take out is all I'd want to do too! :( Hope your day at work goes well and wtg on the run this am. One week down... here's to hoping!! What was it that was making you think a week ago that you were? Just all the signs you mentioned? Oh, the whole process is so all consuming, isn't it??? Hang in there and ((HUGS))!!!

Morning (again!) !!!!

Well, she wouldn't fall back asleep for me so I just out her in her bed again - and she was out cold after 2 min of fussing. I am so tired and completely overslept - I'll have to drive Gina to school now. Ah well - a nice treat for her I suppose! I'm sure she can use the extra sleep too!

Quickie,,,,

Lisa, Sorry for the FD!
Becky, I had my way w/ a bag of tortilla chips this weekend - I feel your pain!
Angie, Yeah, Id stay away from the school too! Good call! Glad you're enjoying your girls today! I love that feeling!
Katie, SOrry abt Chris....men!
Nina, The scale doesn't matter - you are strong and fit and healthy and BEAUTIFUL!!

I can hear birds chirping!

see ya in a while!

Angie! that was my snack (or MEAL if we are being truthful !) Stacy Pita Chips and roasted red pepper hummus !!!!!!! My all time FAVORITE snack !!!

Ugh Lisa! That is underweight by quite a bit, I would think ! Can't believe her dr. is ok with it !! ??

Katie, rough start to the day. I hope it gets better. and take out on my birthday would make me happy !!!! :) :)

Off to do the very long (68 minutes!) chest & back work !!!!

Oh, and Katie - I wouldn't want to do takeout - I'd make something I love and something he hates! bwahahahahah!!!!!

ohhhhh katie, kate is onto something:D:D

kate, i had no idea you had such a devil inside;) get some rest!!

now i really want hummus for breakfast....

Morning!

Sorry I haven't been around much-I've been reading but feeling too overwhelmed to post. Dealing with a case of hypo and the blahs:( We had a busy weekend-shopping and packing on Friday, then Milla and I went to Girl Scout camp while Danica and Nevena went to my mil's so Darrin could go work on the cottage. Grocery shopping and laundry yesterday and the MSU basketball game-super exciting buzzer beater!! I haven't worked out since Thursday so I've got to get going before I fall further into a funk. Today is STS 22-C/S/T and maybe a 30 minute run/walk. Nothing else on tap except cleaning and dance.

Kate, how many times/day does J still nurse? Can you make her stop cold turkey? I so want to crawl back in bed-too cozy!

Angie, I'd have kept them home too! Good job with Step Blast! I don't have it but it sounds like such fun. I keep thiking about you when I watch the tournament-are you catching the scores? Can I join you in your determination to be more happy?

Becky, I've beent here! Love pita chips and hummus-a lot! You work out hard so don't worry! Have a great workout!

Lisa, I feel the exact same way! And I know the exercise will help my mod but I don't do it then it justs gets worse. Sorry about your sister. My only sibling lives in NY, is unmarried with no kids so we get along pretty well-most of the time;)

Nina, don't worry about the scale-go by how you feel! I say go shopping!!:)

Katie, sorry about Chris-why are men like that? I wouldn't cook for sure! Take out is plenty nice!

bbiab...

katie, sorry the bday boy is grumpy =(

becky, pita chips and tortilla chips are the WORST for me when it comes to pc, i literally will sit away from them at a party!

kate, Ju and JJ up nursing all night, TOGETHER!!! what shall we do? I need to be strong, I did it before, but since he was sick we totally fell back into old ways. we need a CIO support group, I think!!

nina, glad you are feeling more "up". you definitely sound better! does it cause probs with other family members that you are not speaking to your sister?

angie, i dont even think i know what scarlet fever is but it must be bad if your DH wanted the girls to be home!

lisa, your sis sounds a tad over the top! its hard to deal with people like that, especially when they are family. my DH actually has those tendencies and I have to call him on it all the time.

I have not had a good few days staying clean and tidy. today:
b - chex, strawberries, almonds, skim
l - salad with roasted veg
d- chicken burgers

getting ready for step class at 9:30. for some reason my knee was being funky again yday... hope that is over and i can have a great class today! its supposed to be rainy so no walk today but we have a lot going on anyway. my mom is coming during JJs nap so I can do some driving and errands. DH is home all week getting ready for the trip. he leaves a week from today and we will leave 1-2 weeks later, depending on a few things.

Kate, sorry for the long night with J. What do you think her deal is? Are you still trying to let her cry? We had the same exact issues with Ellie. I remember letting her cry for almost 2 hours one night. She was a joke. I hope you get some rest today.

Becky, darn those pita chips! I seriously wish I could survive on water sometimes instead of falling prey to good food.

Klaudia, sorry about the mood/hypo issues. Aren't we sometimes our own worst enemies? Burying ourselves deeper into our own regrets and pains? It's even worse when we know exactly what will get us out of the slump and we continue to do it. So frustrating! I am catching the scores and enjoying it but trying to not get caught up in it! :) I could let it rule my life! I miss watching the games for sure.

Wendy, scarlet fever is an old and highly contagious disease that people in the 1800s used to die from regularly. They vaccinated for it for a while but the strain disappeared and now has returned so it's kind of scary to me but I'm guessing they would be fine - I just don't want to risk it. Sorry about the knee - hope your step class goes well and yes, you and Kate need to support each other in the CIO deal!!

Okay, I have a chapter review to do. Annabel is flying through her 2nd grade HOP. She's continuing to amaze me! Ellie is more and more eager with each day because of how she sees Anna reading. It's so fun!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.