#### c&t lovelies - thursday ####

uh ohhhhh Kate !

I had an early start too ! Just woke up at 4, wide awake.

Good Morning Girls !! Ready or not, the day is starting !
Good news is........it's Friday Eve !!! :) :)

HURRAY FRIDAY EVE!

Becky, Sorry for your lame-o sleep too. Julia had an awful night so I can relate today for sure!
Have a great walk & WO today!

Baby back to sleep - THANK GOODNESS!!!!! Gonna hop in the shower & take advantage of a quiet house!

ps...I SUCK at clean eating.:p:mad:

Good morning!

No sleep here, either! It must have been in the air. I had two little ones waking me ALL night.:(

I'm with you on the clean eating, Kate. We CAN do this!! I think my sporadic schedule this week is throwing me off.

Taking my 4 yo for an abdominal ultrasound this morning.

bbl

Hey Julie! Glad I'm not alone! Feeling like an utter, complete, total failure. Blech. Lotsa room for improvement. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Whats wrong w/ your babe??? Hope nothing too serious! Isabel swallowed a coin a few yrs ago....went thru lots of "deposits" looking for that one!:p

got my shower & a good amt of things done. Starting the day off right w/ a big glass off ice water. today will be a good day!!!!

Walk was great. It's SO humid and the sun was a big orange ball in the sky. Another HOT one here today!

Jewel, what is wrong with your little one ??? I hope you get good test results !!!

Kate, no WAY are you alone !!!! That's why we're all here! I did good with eating yesterday but there's no telling what I'll do today!:eek:

Leg day, but I am baking cookies first (garbage day! :p;))

And Kate, I am drinking my ice water too ! I needed it when I got home from the sweaty walk !!!

Last edited:
Hi Kate! You are NOT a failure!:) It's a demanding job we have.

They discovered Joseph had a gallstone back in January so we are going for a follow up. Hopefully they can just leave it alone depending on the size and some blood work had done recently. So far no dr's seem too worried about it.

Quote of the Day: "I'll give you more exercise if you don't take me to the 'hosable'!" Talk about heartbreaking.:( He has to fast for 6 hours prior.

We went through a coin swallow recently too with Jeremy (my youngest). He did it right in front of me with a big grin. That was fun.:rolleyes:

Lucky you getting an early shower. Looks like today will be my rest day.

Julie, Sooooo sad abt your Joseph! Poor little guy! Make sure he gets a special treat afterwards!:D
LOL @ your coin-swallowing!:D

Becky, Glad you had a good walk! Have a fun leg day!
I was wanting to make pb cookies....but I have zero restraint right now so I'd better not!:p

Thanks for the encouragement - you gals are the best!:D

Becky, didn't see your post earlier. Glad you got a walk in. It's HOT here too.
Do you make cookies each week for the garbage men? Which leg wo are you doing?

DH ended up taking him, and yes, they have a big treat planned afterwards. They left early to get away from the temptation.:p

Morning!

Didn't get my workout in yesterday:( But the two carts of groceries counts, right? Last night we ended up going swimming at our friends house, then got stuck there cause it started storming(we walked over) Today I'm going to do KCM Bootcamp. And clean. And eat clean. And deal with fd on my side. Fun, fun!

Kate, I suck even more than you! I had Doritos AND 4 pieces of a giant Hershey bar-dipped in Jif!!:eek::eek: I need a major butt kicking! Glad you got off to a good start this morning!

Becky, nice job on the walk in this heat! Do you bake cookies for your "waste engineers" every week?!

Julie, hope everything is ok with your little one! My middle one has given us a few health scares over the years-it's the worst feeling ever. Hugs.

Klaudia, you are excused from eating doritos and ESPECIALLY chocolate & pb !~~ I mean isn't that the most perfect food combination ??????????

I don't bake cookies every week for the garbage men, usually every other......

Leg work was SUPPOSED to be plyo legs but I just don't feel the love for those workouts, and I needed to make up some cardio from Tuesday , so I did my own thing.........combo's 4-7 of lowmax (I figure that is a type leg workout for sure) and added exercises from B&G.....did firewalkers , floor work and glute squeezes.
Good enough !!!

Have a great day!!! It's SMOOTHIE TIME ! :) :)

Julie, Good plan on DS! Enjoy your day with the rest of your brood!

Klaudia, No, I suck more!:p:p:p:p Try a piece of cake & ice cream in bed....that's not even counting the nibbles I took earlier in the day and the tortilla chips I inhaled at dinner. Ugh.
sorry for the FD. Blech. I can totally relate!

becky, HOW ON EARTH do you resist your baking? You are SuperWoman!

-
I SUCK! Had a few bites of DDs cereal at bfast. It was going to get soggy & she wasn't going to eat it so naturally I DID. WHY DO WE DO THIS CRAP TO OURSELVES?!?!?! I am 30years old for cryin' out loud! I need a parent here to keep me away from food I shouldn't eat! My 6yo has better food sense & portion-control than I do!!!! WHO CARES if 30cents of cereal & milk get wasted?! Evidently I do..... I should go join Overeaters Anonymous. Mike says they would laugh at me & kick me out.:p I typed a lengthy email to him this morning and he said I'm crazy. :p Last night he told me "Who cares if you don't have a 6-pack. You could bounce quarters off your butt and I don't know anyone else who could say that!" He's a good man.:)

Hey girls,

Quicky for me. Trying to get everything together to leave tomorrow. Right now there are 3 seats and 3 people standing by (me included) so please pray that it stays that way! I would be so disappointed if I didn't get on the flight. There's nothing more upsetting than watching everyone else get on and to have to watch the plane pull away from the gate! I bought a train ticket to the airport so I'm committed now!

It's another HOT HOT HOT one here. I miss AC!

Kate, you are NOT a failure. Just start a new day. Keep your goals in mind and don't eat anything without thinking!

Julie, ugh, so sad about your little one. "hosable" just breaks my heart. Hope all is well.

Becky, glad you had a nice sweaty walk. Wish I could have joined you. I used to walk every morning with my kids and some friends in AZ. I miss it for sure!

Klaudia, sorry about the storm and the doritos/hershey bar. That's one thing about living here that I don't miss! :) All the JUNK! :) Do that workout and move on!

OK, gotta make a list of info for Ryan and get going!

Smooches!

Kate, relax sweetie. We all have bad days. I'm learning that if I don't allow myself a sweet here and there, I go crazy and eat my kid's cereal too! So this morning, I wanted frosted flakes, and I had them - just one bowl (big deal for me, the sugar leads me to 2-3 bowls!) and didn't worry about it. I think portion control is more the issue. Hang in there, the more you tell yourself you suck, the more you eat. think positively about yourself (like Mike - you've got a winner there!) and you'll be surprised how well you do! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Oh, I feel sheepish saying this but I'm down 4# from last Monday. Still have 3 to go until I am to my original goal and then another 3 after that would be FAB. Let's see how well I can do going to the States... oh, the food, I love the food.

GOOD LUCK Angie !!!! You WILL get on that flight !! Think positive:)

Kate, I am CRACKING UP here !!!!!!!!:p You do NOT suck !
OMG I used to eat off my kids plates ALL the time !!
Apparently I felt we shouldn't waste 30 cents worth of food either ! ;) and it was always the cereal getting soggy thing with me too !!!! Oh and any other "scraps" they were throwing away.
But, I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mike's response ! TOO GREAT!
He loves you just the way you are ! You should too !
The butt comment reminds me of one time when we went out to dinner. I still don't know why he said it but right in front of everyone who sat at the table (MIL, her male friend, all the kids......) he announced that I had BUNS OF STEEL!!!:eek::eek::p I appreciated the compliment, but did he need to share that right there and then ???:eek::p Men!

Anyway....thanks for the laugh. Give yourself a break. Every picture I've seen of you, you look fantastic. Fit and healthy and in shape !

Angie, Don't be sheepish! WTG! God job on the FF PC!
Thanks for the kind words....you are too sweet. I suppose the bites I took was prob 50 cals or something dumb...it's just the act of taking food you didn't really WANT in the 1st place and being oh-so-mad at yourself as soon as you're done. BIG SIGH....
I hope you get your flight! I know how excited you are to see your family!

Yay on the weight loss Angie ! Great job !

Kate, I know what you mean. The food I ate off my kids plates, I didn't even WANT and would NEVER have put on my plate to begin with either. So WHY did I eat it off of THEIR plate ?
Doesn't make any sense , but ask mother's all across the world and I bet we've all done it.
Let yourself off the hook here. ;)

Becky, You are too sweet!:D Thanks so much for your understanding! I *know* all moms do it but I feel like I know better....so why can't I just MAKE myself do better?!
LOL @ your buns of steel comment! That's great!:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Enjoying a quiet morning at home with my girls. Gina isn't feeling well so we are just going to lay low today. We're all still in our pj's and it looks like it's gonna stay that way!:D My nephew has a t-ball game tonight so if the weather is cooperating we may go to that. Eats will be clean BECAUSE I SAY SO!

Sending feel better wishes to Gina. :( no one likes feeling yucky :(

I just went out to mow the grass. I got 3/4 of the way done and was DRIPPING in sweat, from head to toe. Started feeling not so great, I KNOW it's the heat.......it's CRAZY hot out there already......... so I called it and came in. Dh will finish on the zero turn and be done in 2 minutes, what would take me another 20 to finish:rolleyes: !!!!

Am chugging the H2O and trying to think of a nice light lunch to have today............

Becky, That sounds BRUTAL! I hated doing the push-mower when I lived at home!:mad: Part of me loves taht feeling of being so hot that you don't want to eat.:eek:

Lunch was a success - need to post a new recipe to you guys - I make the filling for Southwest Eggrolls and put it over spinach & romaine. SOOOO good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.