C&T - Hump Day

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning all,

Just finished my double dose of back and triceps (Power Hour & Push Pull). I'm enjoying this rotation a lot. It's nice to do weight work in a split and really be able to focus on certain body parts. I have never done that consistently and the DOMS are great!

Today is our dance/gym classes in the morning. I always dread this day because the gym is SOOOO cold and I am just miserable the whole time. And while Ellie loves the mom/tot gym, I just get so bored. It's an hour long and I have no one to talk to. So, I just follow her around on equipment. I try to look at it as time with her alone and it's fun from that aspect, I just wish it wasn't so cold.

I'll come back to do personals later. Need to get the girls some breakfast.

From yesterday:

Kate, what an amazing story about J! What a blessing. I love it. That's when you know God wants that baby in your family. I want you to have another one. There is SOOO much fun in large families and I love mine. I just wish my pgs had been better. But, even if they had, Ryan always only wanted two so I think it's God's grace to us! Yeah, PM me your roast recipe!

Nina, I'm drowning in vitamin C in order to keep myself healthy! Great job with your nap WO!

Wendy, WTG at the gym and good luck with your driving lessons! And what? No oven? That's no good!

Lisa, every time I eat McDonalds, I regret it. Just never sits well. Salad should always be the choice but those fries smell so good! Bummer about your stove and your weather!

Anne, sorry about your long day. Hope you had a good night.

Clintoy, VA sounds fabulous!

Becky, hope you had a good rest. Your ICU experience the other day was stressing me out just reading about it.

OK, gotta get dressed. The robe isn't going to cut it!

Morning ladies! Thanks (again) for all your love and support yesterday. I am just struggling with some personal stuff that I am sure is causing my stalled weight loss and very possibly my messed up menstrual cycle.

My day got pretty crazy yesterday - it started snowing around lunch time and then Collin's school closed early so I had to go get him and reschedule my midwife appointment since I couldn't take him with me. I am now scheduled to go on Friday morning.

Better get to my workout - not sure if my office is opening late due to weather. *Fingers crossed*

I overslept a bit and have a very busy day ahead. I'll try to BBL for personals. Eats will be clean & WOs sweaty!

Morning

Kids are still out of school today. They are so happy but they will have to make up these 3 days.:cool:

Angie sorry there is no one who speaks English at the gym.

Katie I hope your job opens up late. I was looking out of my kitchen window and hoping to see a Red Robin. No such luck.

My w/o is double trouble. A-Step and PLB.

bbl

robin, wow, 3 days off!!!

kate, *see* ya later on!

angie, sorry about the gym. do you not know enough french to really chat or is there just no one to chat with? i agree, try to think of it as quality ellie time!

I have doms in all kinda places, thats the good news. the bad news, remember I whacked the crap out of my elbow a while back, maybe 6-8 weeks ago? well after not working out for almost 2 weeks, my elbow was really hurting me again during the class when i tried tri overhead presses, french presses (i think they're called), and plank and side plank (i always do on my forearms because of my wrists). I literally could not do the french presses and subbed kickbacks, and could not put my weight on that forearm for even a second for my right side plank. couldn't think of a sub for that at all, just sat there rubbing my poor elbow =( its so weird that it hurts now more than it did. think i need to call the DR?? sometimes i really hate my body =(

groove class on tap, gotta run and get ready.

Last edited:
good morning everyone - with great idfficulty i got myself out of bed then had THE BEST 10 miler. kiddos woke in good moods, so all is well.

angie, sorry about gym class. dress warm, and think how in 2-3 yrs it will only be a memory.

kate, enjoy your day.

katie, be careful in the snow.

robin, rnjoy your awesome wo and 3 days off.

wendy, def get your arm checked out. sounds like some sort of muscle/bone problem, maybe where your tris attach? can you do dips?

bean soup in the crockpot, and eats will be extra tidy today. just when i was seeing some progress on the scale, i had too much salt last night and was puffy this am. gotta flush it out and try not to be discouraged. bbiab

Morning!

Another busy day here-I have to be at the blood drive from 12-5:30! I'm going to trya and get STS disc 12-Legs done beforehand so I can do cardio tomorrow. Didn't end up working out yesterday so it'll be my rest day for the week. Eats are ok-had some chips and chocolate to drow my sorrows-MSU lost hard last night:( Should've hopped on the treadmill instead!

Angie, nice workout! Sorry about your gym time not being fun-that happended once when the girls took a YMCA class-it was awful. Dance, though, is fun-lots of parents to talk to and there's a lot of camaraderie.

Katie, yay for a delay! What are you planning for your recovery week?

Hi Kate! See you later!

Robin, 3 days in a row! That's when I start to lose it! Nice workout!

Wendy, could it be tennis elbow? My friend hasn't been able to workout for months because she did something-don't wait!

Nina, that always happens to me too-see progress, slude back. Grr. Great run!

Hi everyone!

Just a quick hello from my iPhone (work Internet is down). We got about 4 inches of snow last night and I can't believe all the schools are closed. The roads are fine. Still fighting sinus issues so my workout was shovelmax. I'll be back later for personals.

Morning, everyone! Sorry I missed personals yesterday; I'll do better.

I did Disc 11 last night and did all the exercises except the chin-ups/pull-ups. I know, I know, I need to at least get tubing to do those, but I'm just happy that I'm back in the work out groove. I can't believe I'm almost done with Meso 1! I'm looking forward to Disc 12. Tonight is cardio, Athletic Step and abs. I haven't decided what ab work I'm doing to do yet.

Colleen, sorry about the sinus trouble, that's no fun. And shovelmax--now that's fun, right? Ha!

Klaudia, I didn't watch the game last night, but I was shocked to hear the score on the radio this morning. Yikes! They got slammed hard. I hope the blood drive goes well.

Nina, great run! And I don't believe you're fluffy. :D

Wendy, definitely get your arm checked out. If it hurts that much you want to figure it out right away. Have fun at groove!

Robin, how was your double trouble workout? 3 days off school? Wow! Are they driving you crazy yet?

Kate, enjoy your busy day.

Katie, you know we support you. Sorry about the snow and having to re-schedule. I hope your office opened late.

Angie, sorry about the gym, but you're rockin' the work outs, girl!

Hi to Clintonya, Lisa, Becky and mdBecky and anyone else I missed!

Gotta get some work done.

anne

Change of plans! Gina's home w/ a headache and mild temp.:confused:

Angie, Julia is truly our little angel!:D Thanks for the encouragement on the 4th!;) 4 seems like :eek::eek::eek: to me! :p
You're a good mama to go to the gym w/ Ellie even tho it makes you zzzz.:)
Will get the roast recipe out later today!
Nice job w/ the WO! I like splitting up the weights too! You are doing great!

Katie, Did you get a sitter for Collin?

Robin, great WOs planned!

Wendy, Sorry for the body troubles!
Have a fun groove class! I would love to have all those classes available!

Nina, Glad you had a good run!
Love when the kids wake happy!

Klaudia, Have fun @ the Bdrive today!

Colleen, What I would give for a snow day!

Anne, You're doing great on your WOs! Keep it up!

Wendy, that is going to be hard w/out a stove! If you have to stay there, you could look at one of the larger sized convection ovens maybe??? That is weird about your elbow because you would think since you rested it, it would feel better. If it isn’t feeling better by tomorrow, the dr probably is a good idea.

Angie, I can’t stand situations like that either – makes me so uncomfortable, but you are being a great mom by taking her :)

Robin, are you in the Raleigh area? We are supposed to be driving down Sat for a dance competition and was wondering what they are saying for weather in the area this weekend. It keeps changing here from mix, to snow, to rain. Great work out plan!

Kate, hope Gina feels better :)

Klaudia, sorry about the game :( Hope you can get in disc 12.

Nina, glad you had a good start to the day w/your run! A day or so of water and you will be right back to where you were!

Katie, saw about the day care, that is bad! What do they expect people to do???, hope you found a quick plan!!

Anne, you are still getting a great w/o even without the chin-ups/pull-ups!

Colleen, that shoveling does count as a w/o. Hope you are feeling better.

Becky Sue, you are doing great keeping up w/ your workouts with your sched!

Hi to everyone!

I think I will do Kettlebell Dynamics tonight. Eating has been pretty good, having the tom salt cravings, but keeping it in check w/only a few minor sidetracks :D

Clintonya

Words cannot express how much I am loving GS lately! Just got done w/ shoulders.:D

And can I just say how much I LOVE peanut butter?!

Got Gina off on the bus w/ Isabel. She was :eek: to be riding the bus with all the K'garteners! :p

Clintonya, I've looked into kbells but haven't made the plunge! I doubt I will - I have enough $ problems with the stuff I KNOW I like!:D
Drink lotsa water and flush those cravings away!

thanks, ladies, think I will wait 1-2 more days and then call the DR. groove was fun fun fun!!!! another topic that has me totally bummed: indeed, there is NO OVEN (stove top only) in the otherwise perfect 1 BR suite we were planning to stay in... any of you have experience with electric countertop ovens? maybe i should post that in OD.

nina, i posted my recipe for hummus late y'day, not sure if you saw it...i make it a lot and like the taste of homemade better but the store bought stuff aint bad.

klaudia, what is tennis elbow? its just so weird like someone said, that i basically rested it for 2 wks and now it seems worse, ya know?

kate, sorry gina =( lol about PB! i love GS too, my best ub results ever was a month of GS followed by 6 wks of PUB. usually i credit PUB but i know GS was partially responsible.

clintonya, im avoiding kbells like the plague. did them once with a trainer at the gym, LOVED them but no way am I buying more equipment and DVDs right now (this is a pep talk to self, lol).

anne, love to hear how athl step goes and any thoughts you have on mods. i just traded away the two that dont interest me/dont think i can ever do them safely (CCC and HIIT) but i held on to that one and circuit blast thinking they might be modified...

angie, i thought of you in the groc store because sirloin roast was on sale... so i decided to make this from cooks country:

Classic Roast Beef and Gravy
From the episode: Old-Fashioned Roast Beef Dinner

For the best flavor and texture, refrigerate the roast overnight after salting. If you don’t have a V-rack, cook the roast on a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet.

Serves 6 to 8.

Ingredients
1 4-pound top sirloin roast , fat trimmed to 1/4 inch thick
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 ounces white mushrooms , chopped
2 onions , chopped fine
1 carrot , peeled and chopped
1 celery rib , chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 garlic cloves , minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup red wine
4 cups low-sodium beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Instructions
1. Pat roast dry with paper towels. Rub 2 teaspoons salt evenly over surface of meat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.

2. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 275 degrees. Pat roast dry with paper towels and rub with 1 teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown roast all over, 8 to 12 minutes, then transfer to V-rack set inside roasting pan (do not wipe out Dutch oven). Transfer to oven and cook until meat registers 125 degrees (for medium-rare), 1½ to 2 hours.

3. Meanwhile, add mushrooms to fat in Dutch oven and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in onions, carrot, and celery and cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, garlic, and flour and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and broth, scraping up any browned bits with wooden spoon. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Strain gravy, then stir in Worcestershire and season with salt and pepper; cover and keep warm.

4. Transfer roast to cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 20 minutes. Slice roast crosswise against grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with gravy.

Wendy, NO OVEN?!?!?! That would be a major upset! But like you mentioned, I'm sure there are ways around it. How long would it be for again?
Glad you had a fun class!
I love PUB so much too! I should maybe try to work that in on a Saturday or something.
You've got me hungry for roast now! GUess I'll settle for prunes & walnuts!:p:p

Another crazy busy day, ack! Oh, well, I'm looking forward to making chicken chorizo chili tonight and working out. Plus it's the finale of Launch My Line!

Wendy, I go weeks without using my oven. I do a LOT of stove top cooking then storing/freezing leftovers. I also use the crock pot a lot.

Kate, I'm hungry for roast now, too. I might have to make one this weekend.

Clintonya, I want kettlebells, but I'm spending all my money on the cruise right now!

Gotta jet. See you all in the AM!

anne

:cool:Hehehe the news posted the make up days for the kids. They have to go to school on Pres day. Poor babies.:p
Wendy you hurt your elbow almost 2 months ago, yes it's time to see a dr. Thx for the beef stew recipe.

Nina excellent run today and don't worry about the water weight.

Colleen what do you take for your sinues? I tried the new Mucinex for sinues and it works great.

Clintonya I live up north in Rocky Mount and they keep changing what is coming. I believe that it will be just rain on Friday. I love Amy Bento's kettlebell workout but since I hurt my shoulder I've been taking a rest from swinging. I did use my 20# bells with pryamind lower body. They are easier to hold.

Kate I have another 2 weeks until I can do my beloved Gym styles...that's if I don't buy another workout.:rolleyes:

anne, did i miss that you are going on a cruise after all?? do tell! lol at not using the oven for weeks! i often use it more than once a day!

robin, are your kids bummed out?

kate, i am beyond bummed about the oven thing. we have 2 choices of where to stay and I was so sure I wanted this place and now BOOM, big issue. the other choice is an apt complex and we would have to rent all furnishings, appliances, pots and pans, etc. through a separate company. that whole thing just makes me so so so nervous. the other option was this all suite extended-stay hotel and it seemed to really answer all of my concerns(feeling isolated being the biggest - here I can ask staff for help, directions, recommendations, etc.). plus its brand spanking new so super clean, and there is no way of knowing how that apartment will be, having to sign a lease up front, sight unseen...

the roast came out great =) I should have bought a bigger one, LOL, my 2 big guys ate so much, there is only enough left for 1 person to have lunch tomorrow.

Kate , Anne, and Wendy, I won’t tell you how fun the kettlebell workouts are :)

Kate, glad you are enjoying the GS, those will get you ready for your vacation :) And, I am going to fill my bottle up w/some more water now! :)

Anne, your dinner sounds yummy!

Robin, I know, they are still changing it here! A county that is about 10 miles from here has a winter storm watch, but we don’t, so I don’t know what is going to happen!

I am sewing a bow onto my youngest dds costume – I can’t sew!:confused: :)

Hope everyone is having a good night!

Clintonya

I did SC Athletic Step and the abs from High Step Challenge. I forgot how hard that ab work out is! It's short, but sweet.

Dinner was yummy, thanks Clintonya.

Robin, I love that area of NC.

Wendy, yes, I'm going on the cruise. I have 2 1/2 weeks to slim down!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.