Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle check-in 4/27/06

janiejoey

Cathlete
Hi BFFM, (Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle)

I think it is time to start a thread on this.

I've almost reached my goal. Just have to lose about 15 more pounds. Been doing really well with my cathe workouts. All is good so far.

Just have to concentrate more on eating cleaner. Could use a little lift from all you experts out there.

Love to get this thread going, don't want to lead it though (I'm not good at that), so come on BFFM people!

Janie

"Whoo Hoo"
-Cathe Friedrich-

Hi Janie. I just started BFFM a couple of weeks ago. I just finished going through the whole book. I've almost reached my goal too. Only about another 10 pounds to go. I just had my body fat checked and its down to 23.8% from 35%. I definitely learned a lot more about nutrition. It's a little hard sometimes planning all the meals (especially when DH likes me to make fried food!)but I'm getting better at it.

Marcy

Welcome Marcy,

Boy, do I know the DH syndrom. Congratulations on your accomplishments. WOW! You have been working. Keep it up and you'll be there sooner than you think. Yes, I think nutrition is key here for sure, with cardio and weight training, it all goes hand in hand. It's great to get on a program and have confidence that it will work? And even better, once on it, it does work.

I find that I cook two meals, during the night. One for my DH and one for myself. Sometimes he would like to have what I have. So that is a bonus for me (and for him).

According to my calibors, I'm about 25 to 27% body fat. Still, I'm trying hard. My goal is 18 to 20%. I'll make it one day, I just keep pluging away at it. I've so far lost 35 pounds in two years.

Again, congratulations on your accomplishments. Keep us posted through your adventures of health/fitness and nutrition. Any other advice would be welcomed as well.

Janie

Hi there,

I'm August. :)

I'm just on the verge of buying the book and trying out the program. I think I've read just about every thread on this forum with BFFM in the title! Even just reading that has been so inspiring...I can only hope the book lives up to it all! ;-)

Anyway, I hope you guys will continue the thread because I've been enjoying reading about all your successes. After I read the actual book and figure things out a bit, I'd love to join in with you.

But I guess it's going to take me a bit to get organized...which means planning a trip out to Kinko's! Er, uh, or rather, first buying and downloading the thing.

Hope to "see" you later,
August

Hi August and Janiejoey.

How are you guys doing? Did Muscle Max today. The book was definitely right about burning calories after strenth training. I left my heart rate monitor on for about the same amount of time as my workout and I burned almost the same amount of calories.

Had an egg white omelet this morning with peppers and onions with one whole egg and two pieces of whole wheat toast.

Lunch: Cheat meal! Pizza, orange and 1 chocolate truffle. My boss gave them to me for Secretaries Day and I couldn't resist. I've been sharing them with my DH and DS so I won't have to eat the whole box. They are happly to oblige.

Dinner: Yogurt and haven't thought about what else. It was kind of a screwed up day for me.

I'll get back on track tomorrow.

Have a good weekend.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.