buff Badgers Week of September 15th

heartymax

Cathlete
No workouts this weekend. DH went to Nashville for the funeral so it was a busy weekend keeping up with the boys schedule. DH said that there was about 800 people in attendance for the funeral so it was as large as he anticipated because his friend was very active and touched the lives of many.

Today was Insanity Cardio and planks.

Susan checked in on Friday of last week's thread. Not sure if you saw it. Great hearing from her.

Saturday I practiced my low impact interval training class. That was the first time for that one and it went pretty well. Need to add more exercises on and I bumped up the sets on some of the easier ones. Saturday afternoon we headed to Wisconsin Dells for DH's dad's 80th bday. We got home Sunday morning. Had a nice time and DH's dad said it was the best bday he ever had, which means a lot coming from him. This morning I did FlexTrain.

800 people at the funeral. Wow! Still so sad. I'll have to go back to Friday's to see Susan's post.

Glad DH dad enjoyed his celebration. 80th is very special. You are working hard to put the routine together. They are going to love it.

My right leg is bothering me again. It's different from a couple of weeks ago. This is painful and on outside of my shin area. I dont recall injuring yet and I woke up in pain yesterday morning but did my Insanity workout but kept it lower intensity. I am going to stay off for a few days to see if I need to see my doctor. Not sure what's going on. I will still do my planks.

This morning I did my kickboxing class. I got some more punching combos to add to it. I'd have to say this was probably one of my better runs at it. I love the music I have, especially for the kickboxing one.

DH leaves for Italy today. His flight leaves at 1pm out of Chicago. He'll be back on Sunday night. I'll miss him while he's gone but I hope he has a wonderful time.

I hope your leg feels better. Hopefully after the couples day rest it'll feel much better.

Hi Ladies! I sit in front of a computer all day at work so by the time I get home, it's not favorite thing to do. I will have to try and remember to post BEFORE I go to work! :)

Hearty: I have read mixed reviews on Piyo too, but I can say for myself I love it. I have incorporated Pilates into my regimen or the past 10 years, but this is a whole new thing to me! My abs are flatter, my waist is smaller and I am just finishing up 4 of the 8 weeks. When Cathe's new ones come out I plan to do a Piyo/ HiiT rotation. I hope your leg heals quickly.

Brenda, I thought of you a while ago as I am thinking of going for my Personal Training degree. I got some info from ISAA. Who did you go through? I would love to get into a facility that will let me teach classes to kids, to help them get motivated and in shape. Sounds like you are working hard! Wow, your DH gets to go to Italy! My BF went there in the Spring with her DH's job for 11 days and loved it.

Have a great evening ladies~

This morning I did High Reps. Haven't done that one in a long time. It was tough. I have a feeling that I will be feeling it tomorrow in certain areas.

Susan - So good to hear from you. I wish I could get myself into Pilates or Yoga. I get so bored with it. I am a certified personal trainer. I went through ACE. I had initially looked at ISAA but went around my area and talked to other people and ACE was more known in my area so I went with them instead. I have started a home personal training business. It's been very hard getting clients. Things seem to be starting in though. I'm working for a health food/supplement store at a retreat they are holding in Oct and holding two classes (low impact interval training and kickboxing). I've been busy putting a routine together for each. It's been fun. I have a website for my business. Fit4You LLC - West Bend, WI. Check it out when you have a minute. Plus a client that I had talked to about 8 months ago finally got the all clear from his doc to start working out so hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll start working with him and his girlfriend. I know what you mean about not wanting to get on the computer at the end of the day when you sit in front of one all day. I'm in the same boat.

Hi Hearty!

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

HI there. Today was PiYo Buns and I am sore! Tomorrow I have what is considered the hardest workout in this series called Drench. I have to preview it tonight so I know what the heck is going on, but I am really nervous! Excited to see that Cathe is going to be starting to film the workouts soon! :D

Brenda, I wanted to check out the ACE as well. ISAA had sent me an email so I looked into that first. I hope that guy can start training with you soon, do you do that out of your home or do you go to theirs?

Have a nice evening! It's getting darker earlier and earlier...
~ Susan

This morning I did my low impact interval class I'll be teaching at the retreat. I either need to come up with more low impact intervals or double more of them up.

Susan - Glad to hear that Cathe is going to start filming soon. Can't wait to get the new workouts. I'm hoping I'll be able to start training with him soon. I prefer they come to my house but if they have enough equipment at home, I'm open to doing that as well.

Hi Hearty -How's your leg doing?

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Brenda---My leg is feeling better but enough to workout. I know I don't stretch enough and that's part of my problem. I dont like yoga but think my body could benefit from it.

Susan--I've heard good Pi-yo Drench was good.

Happy Friday!
This morning I did X54 and felt like I got my butt kicked. I had to take a few breathers here and there and my legs just felt really spent after the last two workouts I did. It was tough but I felt very accomplished when I was done. Tomorrow I'm doing a Walk to End Alzheimer's in West Bend. I personally raised $1850 and my team total was about $2260. I'm very happy with that.

Hearty - I don't like yoga either and I think my body could benefit from it as well. I don't force myself to do it. I get too bored with it. I do like doing the 20 min stretches from Stretch max from time to time.

Hi Susan!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.