Buff Badgers Week Sept. 17th

heartymax

Cathlete
Sorry I didn't check in much last week. I worked out 2 days last week. I had a few late nights with my class and Open House for my high schooler so I took some rest days. On Saturday, I got in 40 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. This morning was a premix of TTM. I have class tonight but I am going to try my best not to take a rest day tomorrow. I will see how it goes. I have to go back and read last weeks messages to catch up with what's going on with everyone.

I'm also very sorry for not checking in last week, really busy at work. The plant manager is going into meetings for the budget this week, and of course he needed the information right away. ;) Have been keeping up with my Jillian rotation, did Killer Buns & Thighs, 6W6P Level 1 and some Skogg workouts. Saturday I changed up BFBM and did the circuits individually, so I did the circuits 6, 3, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and then the cooldown. I really enjoyed the workout a lot doing it that way. Yesterday I was hauling wood away from the house to get it ready for the painter. This morning was Yoga Meltdown Level 1 & 2, which came to 60 min. Still have a Skogg workout to get done, so that will probably be after work.

heartymax, I will also have to do some reading, because I just didn't have the time to check out the thread.

Have a great day!

So I'm not the only one who didn't check in much last week? Good to know ;) I had a looooong weekend with no workouts. DH was sealing the basement floor, and my workout area was off-limits. I should be able to put everything back this afternoon or evening, so I'm looking forward to getting back on track tomorrow. I'm very annoyed that every time I seem to get back to good habits I seem to get sick, injured, or life just gets in the way. Grrr..

I spent ALL DAY Saturday painting. I'm still sore, so that's a workout, right? I'm painting all the hallways, which doesn't seem like a lot of space in our tiny house, but seems eternal when I'm actually bonding with the walls all day. DH was busy with the basement, so it was just me. I love the color, but I'm only done with the first coat :eek: DH wants me to wait till this weekend to finish so he can help. It should go much faster that way, but I'm in a hurry to get it done and get the five-gallon paint bucket out of my kitchen!

Hi Laurie, Hi Heartymax-- I'm with both of you. I've got a little reading to do!

Have a great Monday, everyone.

It's funny reading this thread that all of us so far weren't able to checkin much if at all last week. But at least we're all here now! :)

Sam - Painting is definitely a workout - especially if you're moving furniture or up and down on a ladder. What color did you use and for what room? We need to re-paint before DD's graduation party in June (among other projects). Maybe if I put the bug in DH's ear it might actually get done. ;)

Laurie - I used to do tons of work at budget time - helping my boss get the numbers together. My new boss has a totally different attitude and just worries about the big ticket items so I'm not involved hardly at all. Your Jillian rotation sounds tough!

Heartymax - I hope your week is a little less hectic than last week. I still have to try TTM. :eek:

Yesterday I did 4 Day Split Upper body parts by using the Bootcamp + Upper premix and skipping past the cardio. Great upper body workout! I did a little jog/walking on Saturday. I think I might have to go back to Couch to 5K because I only jogged about 10 min. at a time. Last week I fit in Jari Love Ripped 1000, Tony Horton Power Half Hour, Total Body Tri-Sets Upper premix and 3 Leslie Fat Burning Miles.

P.S. Hi! Brenda and Susan!

Hi Ladies!!

Saturday was TTM and I added on the low impact tabata and abs. This morning was the start of week 2 of STS meso 2, disc 16, chest, shoulders, and triceps. Had good strength this morning. Last week I had major DOMS in my chest so we'll see what happens this week. :)

My weekend consisted of a fair amount of running around, had a wedding Saturday night, and Sunday morning was running around and yard work in the afternoon.

Heartymax, Laurie, Sam, and Sue - I hope this week is less hectic for all of you.

Gotta make this quick.

Hi Susan!!

Brenda

Howdy! A busy weekend for me as well. Cleaning and errands on Saturday, Sunday School, lawn mowing then I took Ruby for a 1 hour hike on the trail Sunday. This morning I did 3.5 mile run and I am about ready to go do some pilates(I need to stretch).

Slept horribly last night so I was surprised I even went out and ran today. Up every hour until 3am and then every 15-20mn. Very sleepy. Going to have some sleepy-time tea and call it an early evening...

Having major PMS today...ugh!:mad:

Glad to see we're all back in action! Sam, I am going to be pricing out paint this weekend. Hope to start next weekend.

Have a restful night! Susan

Oh my----so I was not the only one MIA most of last week:D. I had class last night and was really hoping to get out a little earlier after the professor said he was a Denver Broncos fan. I thought he wanted to be home for kick off. Class last til 8:30 but he has let us out at 8:00. I was really hoping for 7:30 last night. It seems like my body just shut down at that point. He is pretty interactive so he keeps things interesting. I just have so much work coming up. I hesitate taking the class but so many school systems are not reimbursing tuition anymore and mine still is. I figured I better finish up this certifcation while I can still get my money back. You never know with budget cuts if that could change next year. I had a friend that this happened to in her county and she is so mad at herself for not finishing when she first started and her county was paying at the time.

Anyway, in spite of being tired I decided to get up and get in a short work out. This allowed me to sleep 30 minutes longer and still get in a short workout. I choose pyramid down premix of PUB which my absolute favorite way to do this workout. I love it and it is so awesome! :D

Sue---They were talking about Couch to 5K on my local news recently. They were doing a segment on fitness. It seemed pretty cool.

Sam--new paint is always refreshing. Gives a room an entire new look.

Hi Brenda, Susan and Laurie!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was No More Trouble Zones, and Skogg Ladders Level 3. Have a hair appt. tonight, so I can get that gray hair covered up. ;)

Sam, Sounds like a lot of work, and yes painting is a workout. I had DOMS from painting. :D Having a house is a never ending project. ;)

Sue, Sounds like some great workouts you had gotten in. So far I'm loving this Jillian rotation. I will have done all of her workouts at least twice in this month. ;) Every time we get a new plant manager, they want the information in a different form. :rolleyes:

Brenda, Those weekends go by really fast when we are so busy. ;)

Susan, Dang on the PMS, so understand. ;) Are you painting the kitchen? I think I remember you had mentioned that you wanted to get that painted.

heartymax, It has been a long time since I have done the Pyramid workouts, so I'm thinking of doing a Cathe rotation after my Bob Harper. I'm really enjoying doing one instructor per month. :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

This morning I combined a couple of workouts. I did HiiT Pyramid, followed with Intensity HiiT Hi & Lo and a couple of exercises from the bonus intensity bootcamp. I wanted something tough so it was just what I needed.

Susan - I hate it when I constantly wake up during the night. Hopefully you slept better last night. Ugh... PMS :( I'm pretty fortunate though, mine aren't too bad. Years ago it used to be so bad that I'd pass out from the cramps. Not fun.

Heartymax - Sounds like it was good choice to continue with the class so you get your certification. I agree you never know when they'll make cuts.

Laurie - I have an appt on Friday for a haircut and then I plan on coloring it over the weekend. My grays are showing way too much. I have so many Cathe workouts that I wouldn't be able to do one instructor per month. I can see where that would be nice though to change things up like that.

Sue - Next weekend is out big ERP conversion weekend. It's going to be some long hours. :eek: I'll be glad when it's over with though.

BTW - tomorrow is my Friday at work... I have a short week this week. I took vacation days Thurs & Friday. I'm doing a walk for Alzheimer's on Saturday and have my niece's bridal shower on Sunday so I have lots to do in getting ready for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon & evening!!
Brenda

Hi there! This morning was S90 Tabata. Tried talking myself out of it because I once again did not get a restful sleep, but I got up anyway!:p On top of the PMS I can tell I am getting the cold that is going around the office, sore throat, stuffy nose... Ugh! Hoping to go for a run in the morning but if it's too windy, I may just get on the elliptical--I don't do wind!:)

Laurie, yes, I do want to paint the kitchen, before I switch to my fall decore!

Brenda, hope you enjoy your time off. :)

Hi Sue!
Hi Hearty!
Hi Sam!

See ya tomorrow! Susan

Brenda---Hiit Pyramid and Intensity Hi & Lo----you would have had to come pick me off the floor. I wouldn't have even got a chance to add on the bonus bootcamp. Your cardio endurance is awesome.

Susan---We had some thunderstorms yesterday. It knocked over the table/umbrella on the patio and DH said the umbrella broke. He hasn't looked to see if it is repairable. The umbrella was down so I was surprised that it feel over. I knew we were going to have some rain but didn't expect winds strong enough to knock over my patio furniture.

Laurie---You have such a variety in your workouts. PLB is not one that I do much but I do try to squeeze in PUB when I can. That is a good workout as a premix alone.

This morning was Lower Body Trisets. I cannot keep my balance on the one legged squats where you exchange the weights from side to side. I decided today to put my back leg up on the step so I wouldn't have to balance and then do the exercise.------I could still feel it so that I was a good modification.

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kickbox FastFix Level 2 & 3 (these workouts are starting to grow on me ;)), and Skogg Flow Level 3.

Brenda, Hiit Pyramid is my favorite of those three workouts. :D I got my hair cut a lot shorter! :D I really love it, and I will be able to do so many styles with it. ;)

Susan, Sorry to hear that your sleep is not restful. WTG on getting that Tabata workout done though, I know how tough that can be when you are not up to full speed. ;) Not windy this morning, but dang it was cold! :eek: What color did you choose?

heartymax, LOL about balance moves, those are my downfall also. I don't know if it is because of my height, but I always seem to need something stable. :D

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I FINALLY broke my no-workout streak this morning with intervals 1-5 of Imax 2. Felt great. When I put my puzzle mats back down yesterday I duct-taped them together. They tend to creep apart, so I hope this does the trick. Holes under my feet drive me nuts :)

Sue- I'm painting the hallways a very light gray (Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray.... matched in cheaper paint :p) I am just in love with the color. We're doing the living room one shade darker than the halls. I can't wait!

Laurie- I've been dyeing my hair since high school, mostly for fun, then about 3 years ago, it started to become necessary, and suddenly it didn't seem as fun :D The women in my family tend to start graying early. Gives me an excuse for a hair appt every couple months ;)

Susan- Oh dear, you're so much more disciplined than me. There would've been no way I'd have gotten out of bed, let alone done Tabata! You rock! I hope you can get better sleep soon.

Brenda- I'm with Heartymax. You're amazing, woman! Enjoy your long weekend and good for you doing the Alzheimer's walk. I'm sure you'll be thinking of your loved ones. A long time ago (high school) I did a Relay for Life for a friend, but I haven't done a charity run/walk since.

Heartymax- I have a lot of trouble with those squats, too. I try to do the first few on one foot, and then I just lightly put my toe on the ground or on the edge of the step. They're tough! I think they work my little balancing muscles more than my legs.

I forgot brag on my brother Monday. He came in 4th in Al's Run over the weekend. He's been running it for years and he can't seem to crack the top three. He keeps getting beat by the same 50 year-old guy who also went to our high school. He calls him his arch-nemesis :p

I took DS to the zoo yesterday. It was empty, and so nice! We got to see all the animals up close without having to wade through a sea of kids. The temperature felt great, too. When it's hot I get a little grumpy walking around.

Have a great day!

Hi, guys! Quick checkin although not much to report. I did 4DS Lower Body last night and Power Circuit abs this morning. Whether I workout tonight will depend on whether or not I can talk DH into going to a parent meeting for me. ;)

My shoulder is injured. I keep hoping it will get better on its own but I can't do overhead lifts with a barbell, overhead presses or side planks. Pushups hurt a little, too. Did some research online to figure out what rehab exercises and stretches are best without having to see a doctor.

Hi there! SInce it was not windy today I did run 3.5 miles and did abs. :) I slept a bit more soundly as well.

LAurie, I think I have chosen a warm khaki color with some burnt orange for the kitchen. The halls will be a khaki and the living room will be a deeper tan. My bathroom wil be either a light gray or soft green.

I also want to paint my outside fence...

Sam, great job on the workout today!:)

Sue, I am sorry your hurt. My shoulders are very sensitive and they get hurt very easily. The only thing that usually works for me is to lay off working it.

Hearty, we had no rain until today. It was a cool 35 when I went out htis morning!:eek:

Have a great night! Susan

Good Morning Ladies!

I had a really really bad day yesterday. It went from bad to worse. Let's hope today is a better day.

Yesterday I had Meso 2 Disc 16 Legs. That went well and today I did Cardio Super Sets with the Bonus step cardio.

Susan - Kudos to you for doing tabata after have a couple of nights of not sleeping well. Glad you finally slept better though.

Heartymax - I have trouble with those one legged squats too. My balance isn't the greatest at times. ;) I'll have to try your modification next time I do that workout.

Laurie - I can't wait to get my haircut tomorrow afternoon. My hair isn't be easiest to work with and when it's in between like this, it's getting frustrating to deal with. Time to cut it shorter. I'll be glad when I get it colored too. Those darn gray hair. :eek:

Sam - Great job on the workout. Jumping back into doing Imax 2... way to go!! As of yesterday I'm #4 in the top participants for the Walk for Alzheimer's in raising money. Plus I have more that I have to turn in yet. I think if that was included, I'd be #1. :D

Sue -Take care of that shoulder. I'm still messing with my hip flexor. Granted, I'm sure it would heal a lot faster if I wouldn't use the leg at all. I can't do that. I do see improvements but I still have a ways to go yet. Darn injuries.

Everyone enjoy your day!!
Brenda

Hi! This morning felt wonderful doing Pilates for 1 hour. I plan to do another session this evening.

I have been having fun watching the CrossFit games on ESPN lately. Woman or man they are in awesome shape and my DH makes fun of me when he hears me cheering for them: Push,push! You can do it!! :D

Brenda, enjoy you hair appointment! I hate that in between stage and when I decided to grow my hair back out, that was a tough few months. Still would like it to grow 3 - 5 more inches... However, having naturally curly hair, it prefers humidity so in the dryer months it's a bit flatter..

Have a great day ladies~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

This morning was 6W6P Level 2, and Shred-It with Weights Level 1. I loved this combination, and was able to use my 15# kb with this workout. It is a lot more in line with a true kb workout, level 2 has to many odd moves. ;)

Sam, Congrats on the workout breakthrough! I to have that problem with the mats. I have done the same thing, and it last for a little while and then the tape needs to be replaced again. But at least it works. ;) Sounds like a great time at the zoo.

Sue, Sorry to hear about your shoulder, that is a tough area to heal. ;) Do your best, it sure sounds like you are working the lower body though. :D

Susan, Glad to hear that you had a better sleep. Those colors sound wonderful. Very soothing. ;) Dang, I didn't know that those games where on! I wanted to watch them after Sue had mentioned them. :(

Brenda, Hope you have a wonderful day compared to yesterday. :) I agree on those darn gray hairs, I'm to young to have them. :eek: :D At least that is what I tell myself. :D

Have a wonderful day!

Hi Laurie! I have been watching it Tuesday(women) and Wednesday (men) for the past 3 weeks. I think it wraps up next week but I am not sure. I am certain they will replay it though! Last night the men had to lift almost 365 pounds!:eek: I told my DD, I could not even budge 300+ pounds...not even a little bit!

Hi everyone. No workout for me yet. My cousin's wife (what relationship would that be?) is assisting a friend in a home birth and I was on call to watch her baby if no one else was available when the time came. So, here I am :D The little man is asleep right now, and so is DS. I am enjoying the quiet! I have no idea how so many of my friends have all these kids. I can hardly handle two in the house at once. I can't come close to comprehending the chaos that 4 or 5 would bring!

Anyway, I think some kickboxing might be in order later. I need a stress-reliever!

Sue- Sorry to hear about the shoulder :( I hope you can help it along in the healing process.

Susan- Those are nice warm, cozy colors. They'll feel especially great when the weather starts to get cool.

Brenda- Awesome job raising money! That's great!

Laurie- Someday I will buy have all the Cathes I want so that I can try out some of these other workouts. KBs intrigue me (a lot!), but I'm just not willing to make the investment right now.

Hi Heartymax!

Have a good day, everyone. I can't believe it's Thursday already!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.