Buff Badgers Week of November 19th

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Saturday was Peak 10 Pure Strength 1, the band in this set apparently needs to be stretched a little more. There was no way I was going to use that band the way they where able to with the chest flys. Maybe DH and I need to pull this thing a little. Nothing yesterday, we celebrated Thanksgiving with DH's family, since his brother had to go back to Kentucky for manager training. Overall it was a great weekend! Tonight will be Peak 10 Cardio Strength 1, and either Dynamic Flexibility or Core Dynamics. The last two workouts are what I missed on Sunday.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Afternoon!!

Saturday was Imax 2. Cleaned my folks house and did yard work in the afternoon since it was pretty nice out for November. I don't remember if I told you guys or not but my very last day of STS, I pulled a muslce on my right side under my arm. I think it's the seratus anterior muscle. Of course, stupid me didn't rest like I should have and kept at it. Well, I decided over the weekend I need to back off for a while and let my body rest. My side started hurting so bad that it was hard to take a deep breath. My hip flexor started acting up again and is more inflamed than it was before. Then on top of that the sinuses kicked into gear over the weekend and it started traveling down my left side into my ear and down into the gland. UGH!!!! :mad: I had bought Jillian's Yoga workout over the weekend and was going to try that this morning.... well that didn't work either because of the planks. That hurts my side too much. I decided my activity needs to limited to Leslie's walking workouts. Even on those, I'll have to not do all the arm movements on my right side. My body has turned into a piece of crap. Right now my side bothers me more than my leg. I know the world won't end if I don't get in the workouts that I would like. I have to keep telling myself my body needs to heal before it really puts me out of commission. I should quit my whining because I know there are people out there that are worse off. Thanks for letting me vent though. ;)

Laurie - I'm hoping I get some Peak 10 workouts for Christmas.

I'm glad it's a short work week. :)

Enjoy the rest of your day!!
Brenda

Hi,

Today I did Fierce Force circuit one and two, one lower and one upper and then Horizontal Conditioning 101 March. Sat. I did Pure Strength One Peak Fit. Sun. I ran 5 1/2 miles on the trails.

Laurie, the band does stretch out. I thought the same thing when I first started. It really doesn't take long if you keep at it. That is not a bad idea to stretch it out though. Glad you had a nice weekend. It's always nice to get together with family.

Brenda, sorry to hear about all your aches and pains. Sometimes I think the same thing that my body is falling apart. It seems like there is always something that hurts. Good you are going to take it easy for a while. Hope you start feeling pain free soon and can get back to your workouts.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Morning Ladies,

Cardio Strength 1 was a very good workout. Tough, but good. Kind of reminds me of a combination of Insanity and Cathe. :eek: Didn't get in one of the other workouts, because I was tired at the end of the workout. ;)

Brenda, Sounds like your body needs to have a rest. ;) I have found that these Peak workouts really fly by! That surprised me. Maybe it is the fact that she has a countdown of the levels, so when you get to 6, you really can say "I can do this". :)

Karen, I am surprised that I'm enjoying these workouts. Some of them are long, and I'm feeling muscles that have not been worked in this particular way before. I'm sure there will be a dread factor coming up, but so far everything has been doable. I did have to take a few breaks. Do you also have the More Peak workouts that came after this set was produced? It sounds like Michelle is wanting to make more workouts, from what I have seen from facebook. WTG on your workouts.

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today I did CC7 on my spin bike.

Laurie, yes I have the More Peak workouts also. I don't think you will get a dread factor, I never did. They are tough and the time does fly. What weights did you use? I hope she makes more, I really think her workouts work everything in each workout. Can't wait for you to try her Interval ones. Neat concept.

Enjoy your day.

Good morning! I never checked in yesterday because I never worked out. No workouts over the weekend, either. :eek: I spent the weekend painting a Craigslist cabinet we got a few months ago and doing some other house stuff. I'm still not done with the cabinet. I'm determined to do more thin coats of paint instead of just a couple thick coats.

Big news yesterday: DH FINALLY got an official offer letter from the company he interviewed with back in May. The salary and title are waaaaay more than we initially imagined. We can't believe how blessed we are, especially when so many people have so little these days. Assuming things go as planned, he'll be starting in the middle of December sometime, and we are thrilled and thankful.

Brenda- Aw, I'm sorry. I know how much you love to exercise and that it must be just terrible to have your body give out on you. I think if you really give it time and allow yourself to fully heal, you'll feel better. Try to enjoy the "time off", though I know you're going to be missing your hardcore workouts.

Karen- Knowing I have a weak core, which HoCo workout would you recommend? The Getting Started one? I'm worried that anything other than that would be too advanced and discouraging. But, I would like to try them because traditional crunches have been pretty much useless for me. I hate them and they don't seem to make me good at anything except doing crunches.

Laurie- You are flying high on the Peak workouts! Argh. So many workouts, so little time (and money... at least for workouts). I have to keep reminding myself that XTrain is coming soon and I really shouldn't be getting started on another system.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hello!!

Today I did manage to do Leslie's 5 mile walk and stretching.

I was too busy complaining yesterday I forgot to tell you about my little excitement on Saturday afternoon. I was in my flower bed cleaning up the dead stuff and I heard this noise and I looked up and here is this nice size buck running through our yard. We have woods behind and it didn't take too long and I heard gun shots. Found out that my nephews friend got it.

Karen - Great job on the workouts. Unfortunately I don't do a very good job of listening to my body. I need to do better at that.

Laurie - I like those workouts that seem to fly by.

Sam - Congrats to DH. That is fantastic news. My serratus anterior is feeling a little better. I read online where the trigger points are to help realize the muscle and it hurts when I apply pressure to it but it doesn't take to long and I can feel the muscle release. You are oh so very right, I love working out. It is truly my passion. :)

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

Well I did Peak Fit Cardio Interval Burn last night. AWESOME!!! There was only one "block" that was not as fun, but the rest of the workout was great. Very tough, and I was a puddle of sweat when I was done. :D

Karen, I think I have to agree with you on not getting that dread factor. The only block that wasn't as fun as the others was block 4, but it wasn't like I couldn't do it. It just had a more hi/lo to it than the others. I used 8 for my light, and 12 for my heavy. On some of the moves I could go up to 15's for like the legs and back. But sometimes Michelle puts in some shoulder moves, and I can't lift 15's for that amount of time. Will have to play around with that a little more. ;)

Sam, Congrats to your DH! That is great news, and I'm sure some relief for the both of you. ;) Sounds like you have a great project there. I didn't order Xtrain, so I will live through all of you for a while. I like the concept of what she is creating, but I want to hear more about it from others first. :D

Brenda, Congrats to your nephew! My 14 yr. old niece got her first buck this year also. Shot right though the heart. :eek: My sister (her mom) was a marksman in the Army, so I guess it has been passed down to her. WTG on the workout! I'm sure it is tough to do less intense workouts, but you are taking care of your body. ;)

If I don't get on tomorrow, have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Have a great day!

Hi,

Today I ran 2 miles on the trails and did a kettlebell workout from mymom.

Laurie, glad you liked your interval workout. I actually use 15, 10, 12, but I know the exercises now so I know even if she starts with legs there may be shoulders added in. I can't lift 15 with my shoulders either. She really works the core well through the whole thing.

Brenda, that is so great that someone you know got the buck you saw. I don't listen to my body too well either.

Sam, congrats. to you guys on the job. That is great. It truly is something to be thankful for. I guess I wouldn't start with the get rolling one. I am not as fond of the ones using the ball as the others. I would get vol. 2. That is my fav. and not quite as long as 4 and 5. Four uses the ball the whole time and 5 is horizontal with plyo mixed in, very tough. Vol. 2 hits everything and I think doesn't use the shoulders as much but really focuses on the abs a lot. Not even many pushups in this one. Any one of them is great though. You are to advanced to start with the 2 easier ones. It will give you something to work up to. It will come fast.

Have a great Thanksgiving. We are leaving for my parents tomorrow so I won't be around. My DD19 came home last night.:) Enjoy the beautiful day.

Good Afternoon!!

Nothing too exciting to report on my end. I did Leslie's 5 mile walk again.

Laurie - You have me really interested in the Peak workouts. I'm glad you are liking them.

Karen - What kettlebell workouts do you have? I have one set of kettlebells but haven't used them yet. I haven't invested in any kettlebell workouts yet. I got the kettlebells as a gift.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be safe if you have to travel.

Enjoy the nice weather while we have it.

Take Care!
Brenda

Hey all! I did Couch to 5K Week 2, Day 1 yesterday. It went well, and I only got a side stitch at the very end.

Karen- Thanks for the recommendation. I might get that for myself this weekend.

Brenda- I'm glad things are feeling a little better. I'm happy someone you know got that buck!

Laurie- 15's for shoulders? Yikes. I wouldn't be able to do that, either.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone, and thanks to all of you for the nice words about DH's new job. We're both still walking around in a bit of a daze... we just can't believe it!

Enjoy the weather and your yummy food!

Happy thanksgiving everyone!! Sorry I haven't checked in this week. My youngest son had an asthma attack a few days ago but he is doing better now. Luckily we had no travel plans for the holiday. He missed 3 days of school and the holiday gives him the extra rest he needs.

I put in 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I love my elliptical and glad I purchased it.

Brenda--- take it easy. Hope you ate feeling better.

Karen---I appreciate the feedback on HC also.

Sam--- congrats to DH. What a blessing for your family. My DH has been slack on his workouts lately. He asked me to let him know if I want to consider running and we can do it together. I am not an evening exercising and I have never run before so I guess I am chicken:). Maybe one day. Hope your running is going well.

Laurie---- you have such a variety of workouts. I'm not surprise you decided not to get Xtrain yet.

Haven't decided if I'm going shopping tomorrow or not.

Today's workout was interval training on the elliptical. I was dragging from being weighed down with macaroni and cheese from yesterday:)

No Black Friday shopping for me. I really need to avoid impulse shopping this season. I definitely can't watch QVC because it is filled with amazing and must haves during the holidays :).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.