Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Buff Badgers Week of March 5th

This is a discussion on Buff Badgers Week of March 5th within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good morning! I've really got myself in a winter funk this week. I tried to make myself feel better yesterday ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Cathlete
MKEMom's Profile Fields

Good morning! I've really got myself in a winter funk this week. I tried to make myself feel better yesterday by making these cookies. My goodness, they are good. But, I ate too many.

DS has conjunctivitis, but not a bad case. He's had three doses of eye drops and everything looks much better already.

I haven't been sleeping well/soundly, which is probably affecting my mood more than anything. I need to make myself go to bed nice and early tonight and take an Ambien. I also need to not take a nap this afternoon and do Turbo Barre... not my favorite, but at least it's a little slower for a low-energy day.

Heartymax- DWP is the toughest of the Hiits? I always thought it was 40/20, and have been afraid to even attempt it. DWP is hard, but doesn't have any more dread factor for me than 30/30.... though I dread that one, too

Laurie- My inner baker has suddenly emerged. I need to figure out a way to beat her into submission ... especially if I'm ever going to attempt something like STS.

Sue- I've been known to grunt like a guy during chest flyes. I'm glad I work out in the basement and that DS is still too little to come spying on me!

Have a good day, everyone!

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13
Old 03-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Cathlete
heartymax's Profile Fields

Sam---I hope you get some sunny weather to help you come out of your winter funk. I am ready for some steady state sunshine instead of this back and forth weather each day.

Laurie---I like 40/20 better than 30/30----but do know I take a 30 second rest in 40/20 so it is more like 40/30 for me.

Did I miss something-----is Susan out of town this week? I just see she hasn't checked in.

Today was push ups, 20 minutes on the elliptical and the cardio portion of Slide and Glide.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Cathlete
lvnascar's Profile Fields

Morning Ladies,

Quick check in for me, have to get to a meeting in about 10 min. This morning was S90 Cardio Challenge and 10lb Slimdown Bonus Abs.

Sam, You are just baking away! I love to bake, so understand. Even with GS cookies in the house, I made a batch of oatmeal scotchies. They where so good though.

heartymax, I think 40/20 is my least favorite of all three. Maybe because of the 20 sec of rest.

Have a great day!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Cathlete
MKEMom's Profile Fields

Good morning. I got some great sleep last night and feel a little better today, but still kind of down. I'm not sure what's going on. I think it's partly just being impatient for summer and finally getting to stay home with DS. It's hard when it feels like it should be close but it's still months away. I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant with DS, whenever I have a big life-changing thing coming up, I just want to get there.

I did not work out yesterday, was just too drained and "down" feeling. I'm not sure if I'll do Turbo Barre today or just skip it and go to the next workout in the rotation. It's a doozy, though. That 90-minute marathon of Slide & Glide cardio and Trisets Upper. I may not be quite up for that.

It's possible I may scrap the idea of a rotation altogether, too. If I'm already crabby, I should do the workouts I feel like doing, right?

Heartymax- We should get some sun this afternoon, and Saturday it's supposed to be 57 and sunny! I can't wait.

Laurie- I can control myself once the baked goods are made and put away. It's when they're cooling that I can't stop sampling. If I'm going to be a baker, I'm going to have to come up with some coping strategies

Hi Sue! Hi Susan!

Have a good day everyone.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Cathlete
shakeubooty's Profile Fields

Heartymax - I like the idea of 40-30 better than 40-20. It's a good way to work yourself up to 40-20 with fewer pauses to catch your breath (well that's what I do anyway).

Sam - I think it's the weather and the time of year that has you in a funk. I always need something to look forward to. On Friday we have a fundraiser dinner for marching band. The food is always good and we get to bid on prizes. Last year we won Badger hockey tickets and the year before we won Packer pre-season tickets. I predict you'll start feeling better next week after the time change. I know I'm looking forward to it being lighter when I wake up.

Laurie - My mom used to make Oatmeal Scotchies all the time so your post made me smile. Maybe I'll make those this weekend so I can share the tradition with my kids. Yeah, that Lenten resolution to give up baked goods isn't going so well.

Susan - Hope all is well with you.

Had an awesome workout last night! Did CTX Power Circuit cardio on 6" step with 40 lb barbell and 12 pound dumbbells and then repeated the step and kickbox circuits on 4" step with body weight only for the leg work. Then I did PC abs. This morning I did Jillian 6 Week 6 Pack workout #1.

Edited to add: I think I have it backwards. It'll be lighter after work but not when I wake up.

Last edited by shakeubooty; 03-08-2012 at 07:22 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Cathlete
susanz's Profile Fields

I'm here! Sorry I have not posted this week! I was so busy at work and at home too! My weekend was a blur, very busy and only walking for workouts. Monday was my rest day.

Tues: Elliptical
Wed: S90 chest/sh/tri
Thurs: S90 Tabata
Friday: S90 Total Body

I am really in the Spring mood since it's been so nice outside! I am starting running agin this Saturday and looking forward to it!

If I don't check in later_ I hope you all have a great weekend. As I said I hope to run Saturday and Sunday S90 Legs.

I pre-ordered Cathes new workouts last week and also her latest Cardio Supersets. Sue, I also checked Jillians workouts and plan to purchase the 6week 6 pack and her new lower body one.

Take care- Susan
Old 03-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Cathlete
heartymax's Profile Fields

Susan---glad you checked in. The weather here has been nice too. Even our dog is extra happy these days.

Sue--You had a tough workout yesterday. How do you like Jillian's ab workout? I think she does a great job working the abs.

Sam---Hope you got the expected sunshine. Nice weather will definitely make you feel better. It is hard to have the energy to workout when you are feeling gloomy. If it continues----just pull out that good ole Rhythmic Step with the awesome music that you love and try to get in a part if not all of it.

Laurie---never heard of oatmeal scotchies----is that a fancy word for oatmeal cookies. I LOVE oatmeal cookies.

This morning was Meso 3 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps---MY FAVORITE muscle group combination to work out. I really concentrated on my form for triceps today so I think I did a better job working the muscle.

The plan for the weekend is to do: Elliptical and push ups on Saturday.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Cathlete
lvnascar's Profile Fields

Morning Ladies,

This morning was STS M2 Disc 18 Back & Biceps. I think this had to be one of my favorite weeks of M2 with the back off sets. The prep work for going to M3 is really great.

Sam, Glad that you got some needed sleep. Oh yes always do the workout that makes you feel good. I know I have changed up workouts all the time, because it just felt better.

Sue, Sounds like you are having fun with your CTX rotation. I never make Lenten resolutions, it just never works out with food stuff. I always make myself a goal that pertains to praying, giving or being nicer. Sometimes those are the toughtest to do everyday. If you do make the cookies, I found that using the recipe from Quaker for Disappearing Oatmeal Cookies works the best.

Susan, No problem with you not checking in, we just miss you of course. Nice that you are back to running again. Did you decide what your female instructor rotation would be like? I don't think that you will regret getting that Jillian workout.

heartymax, I'm really wanting to do that upper body combo next month! Those are my favorites also. I love working my biceps the most. Yes Scotchies are a basic oatmeal cookie, but you add in butterscotch chips instead of raisins. I think my DH ate most of them.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Cathlete
MKEMom's Profile Fields

Good morning! I'm feeling much better today. I slept in till 6:30, and it was glorious! The weather is cold, but the sun is helping my mood a lot.

No workout yesterday. I was still feeling majorly grouchy. I will workout today. I'll probably pick a favorite just to get myself moving again.

Heartymax- I thought of Rhythmic Step. We'll see. I might do Low Impact Circuit since it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Laurie- My DH would LOVE oatmeal scotchies! He's such a nut about butterscotch. I'll have to make them the next time I do cookies.

Sue- You're right. I need something to keep my going this time of year. DH said he's going to give me a "mental health" day tomorrow and take DS somewhere, so I'm looking forward to that. My Lenten resolution has gone totally out the window. Some years I do really well and some years not. Since I'm not Catholic, I don't worry about it too much I should do something more along the lines of what Laurie does... and probably not food related You definitely have a lot of energy lately! I've been eyeing CTX for over a year now. Maybe with the sale I could swing it...

Susan- I think you'll like Cardio Supersets. It's sort of like Afterburn, but not as hard, so you get a nice endorphin rush from it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Cathlete
shakeubooty's Profile Fields

Susan - I think you will like Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack. She combines short cardio bursts with ab/core work. You go through all the exercises and then she repeats. I'm going to stick with workout 1 for a while. I tried workout 2 but only did the exercises 1 time through and I was spent! Will have to work my way up to doing the whole thing. I haven't pre-ordered the new Cathes yet but I'm sure I'll cave before the price goes up. I just have such a dread factor when it comes to her new stuff.

Heartymax - I love Jillian's ab workout. She gives a beginner and advanced version for each exercise which is nice. I hope the nice weather continues for you.

Laurie - Maybe I should try coming up with a non-food resolution. I found that recipe and I'm definitely going to try it this weekend. I hope my DH doesn't eat them all. (He's been snacking a lot and needs to cut back.)

Sam - I used to feel guilty about sleeping in and missing a workout until I read that depriving your body of sleep raises cortisol levels and actually makes you fatter. So now I'm all for listening to my body. Isn't it funny how a little thing like a sunny day can change your outlook? Enjoy your mental health day! I need one of those, too.

Did 2 Leslie Fat Burning Miles this morning + CTX Biceps and Triceps. I noticed this morning that my middle is starting to "whittle". I think it's a combination of more consistent workouts, slightly better eating and more ab/core workouts. I definitely got lazy about my core workouts. Unfortunately, at 47 most of my fat is around my middle. This wasn't the case until a couple of years ago so it's frustrating. Tomorrow I will do Leaner Legs and I'm not sure about Sunday yet. I plan to continue CTX for 1-2 more weeks. Maybe even longer. I might do other cardio to mix it up and will definitely continue with Jillian 6 Pack.

Everyone have a GREAT weekend!