Buff Badgers Week of April 7

heartymax

Cathlete
The weather was mild all weekend.

Brenda--I saw several pics from the RT on FB but of course I didn't know which person was you. I looked for people that I met on the last trip and saw several. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Saturday was STS legs followed by 30 minutes of elliptical cardio. My hamstrings are feeling it still. I skipped to week 3 of Meso 1 this week doing chest, shoulders and biceps today. I do love the legs workout in this program but my knees don't like Meso 3 for sure.

Hello!!

The Road Trip was absolutely AMAZING!!! I had a blast. I didn't want it to end. Friday afternoon we did a kickboxing class and had the opportunity to go up on stage with her and I did. It was awesome! Friday night at 8:30 we had a stretch/yoga class which felt good and then Q&A afterwards, which was really nice. Saturday we started the day out with the group picture which seemed very unorganized. The first class was all cardio. OMG... I was sweating like crazy. We had an hour break before the next class. The second class we did a cardio leg blast and my legs and butt where feeling it by then. Then it was lunch time and we had a longer break. My legs and glutes were sore so I sat in the tub for a little while to warm up the muscles and it seemed to help. The last class on Saturday we did upper body toning. Upper body definitely felt spent by the time we were done with that. Dinner was very good both nights. Sunday morning our last class of the weekend was all cardio and about 1/2 way through we cleared the floor and all got in a huge circle and started walking around the room and then formed two rows and the inside row power walked while the outside row ran. Then we flipped places. Me and running does not work very well anymore with my hip. I gimped along and did the best I could. Then we did walking lunges across the room and back. Then we jumped sideways across the room and back and forward leaping bounds across and back. Then at the very end we got to go in the center of the circle with Cathe and suggest an exercise and do the exercise along with her. When she mentioned she was going to do that, I kept telling myself.. you have to do this or you'll regret it. I managed to get myself in the center of the circle with Cathe and did pop squats. It was AMAZING!!! I got my picture taken with her a few times. I'm really anxious to see the pictures online. My body handled it way better than I was expecting. I did bring along Alleve which I had to break down and take a few times. DH came down to take some pics at the end of the class on Sunday and he was shocked I was jumping around and told a friend that "for someone that needs a hip replacement she was jumping around pretty good". I was on such an andrenaline high. After class all sweaty I said my good-bye's to Cathe and gave her a hug. I do have to say, I enjoyed myself more this time than last time. I think it was because I kind of new what to expect. It was still just as amazing as the first time though seeing Cathe and getting to workout with her. Did I say how AMAZING it was. :D I'm glad I took a day of vacation today to get things done that I didn't over the weekend and to relax a little. Needless to say, I did not work out today. I wore my heart rate monitor over the weekend and between 5 classes (I didn't wear it during the stretch/yoga class) I burned 2300 calories. I told DH that out of the 46 1/2 years of my life I could honestly say that our wedding was #1 and then the Cathe Road Trip were the best, unforgettable times of my life.

I need to figure out what I'm going to do the rest of the week for workouts. Not sure if I want to pick up where I left off on STS or not. Maybe next week. I'll have to figure it out by morning.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Last edited:
I looked at the pics on facebook and I'm in a couple of them. One I'm off in the distance. One other one I'm in front of the lady with the blueish Nike shirt on. She was the main focus, I'm the blurry one in front of her. They do have one picture of me, I have a pink shirt on and the part that you can see in the picture is "Fit", it was my Fit4You t-shirt that I had made up. I have 5# db's in my hands, we were slowing punching with them. Can't wait to see more pics.

Hi!

I decided to do 4DS this week. This morning I did HIS, Chest, and Back. I haven't done that step workout in a long time I had to back it up a few times because I forgot what I was supposed to be doing.

I'm going to check to see if any more pics are out there from the RT.

Hi Hearty!
Hi Sam!

Brenda---thanks for giving me the tips on how to find you in the pics. I was able to find both pics. I am sure you will find yourself in many as they post more over the next few days. I have really enjoyed seeing all the pics from the RT. I felt like I was living through everyone.

Today was Tabatacise and planks. Tough workout.

Good Morning!

This morning I did 4DS LIS, shoulders, calves, and core. Again I had to back up the DVD a couple of times because I forgot the step portion somewhat.

Hearty - Tabatacise and planks.. tough workout. I'm anxious to see more of the pics from the Road Trip.

Hi Sam!

Enjoy your day!
Brenda

Today was Meso 1 back and triceps. I have to admit that I am enjoying STS again. Still won't admit that I am doing a rotation. LOL.

Hello!

Today I did 4DS Bootcamp and Bi's & Tri's. Arms were spent by the time I was done. Felt great!!

Hearty - too funny about not admitting you're doing a rotation. I'm still thinking about starting up STS again.

Hi Sam!

Make it a great Day!
Brenda

Hi ladies! My cold kept me benched all weekend, but I've worked out twice this week. Once with TA's Pregnancy Project Month 4 and once with my Suzanne Bowen prenatal barre one (can't remember the title of that one), upper body/core segment and stretch. I was planning on a workout today but I slept really poorly last night and slept too late. Then I had to get my grandparents' groceries. So.. tomorrow. I'm feeling great, though. Four completely nausea-free days in a row! My eating has evened out and I have a ton of energy. Yay second trimester!

Also... DH FINALLY GOT HIS JOB THAT HE'S BEEN WAITING FOR FOR TWO YEARS! We went out for a quick little dinner last night to celebrate and he drank a liter of beer :p I'm so proud and happy for him. Money stuff is going to be a lot less stressful, and I think he'll be doing the kind of thing he truly enjoys. We are both on cloud nine.

Brenda- I loved reading your recap of the trip. When I have a few minutes, I'll have to go through the pictures to try to find you. I saw the pictures on Facebook, and I think Cathe looks even more beautiful than she did two years ago! She's just stunning. The last class sounds almost identical to the one we did two years ago that you missed. It's funny how adrenaline takes you through those classes. I remember thinking before the Sunday class how there was no way I could get through it because I was so sore and tired, but it flew by and I felt fantastic and pain free when we were done. I really want to get to another one someday, but I'm glad we didn't have the money for it this year because, though I would have been able to do some stuff, I wouldn't have been able to let adrenaline take me and just go all out. I'm glad you had a great time.

Heartymax- Ha! I like you not admitting you're doing a rotation. I think STS would be a good present for myself after this baby comes. I'm going to need some new workouts to get me motivated :D

Have a great day!

Happy Friday!

This morning I did 4DS Kickbox, legs, and abs.

Tomorrow morning from 7-10 I'm job shadowing a trainer at the Wisconsin Athletic Club in Menomonee Falls. Not sure what's (if anything) is going to come of it but it'll be neat to see how they do things and see another trainer in action.

Sam - This year we had 100 people on the Road Trip. Like in 2012, a lot of new people. I'm really hoping she'll come back again in a few years. The thing they are going towards is Cathe Live. It's almost sounding like it might get to a point where she won't be doing videos anymore. I guess time will tell. I can't wait until they post more pictures.

Hi Hearty!

Enjoy the weekend!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.