Buff Badgers Week of 3/24

MKEMom

Cathlete
Hello ladies! I did Jessica Smith's "Hourglass" strength training workout this morning. Oh my, I'm very de-conditioned. I had to take lots of breaks (with the video still running :eek:), and I'm sure I'm going to feel it tomorrow. Still, I'm glad I did it. I feel energized and ready to accomplish something today. Which should be Spring cleaning (it's sort of Spring, right????)

Brenda- Looks like another cold week... but I think we're supposed to get into the fifties by the weekend. I've heard the problem is that Lake Michigan is so cold that it keeps the air all around it cold until it warms up, but that it's going to take awhile just because of the brutal winter. Just a couple weeks till the RT! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Hi Heartymax!

Have a great day, everyone.

Hello!

Saturday I did KPC and my abs are still sore today for the pikes on the ball. Sunday was rest day and this morning I did Burn Sets Chest, Back, and shoulders and core 1.

My stupid sinus infection came back after only being off antibiotics for a couple of days. I'm all stuffy again. I'm on another round of antibiotics, much stronger ones this time and I hope they knock this crud out of me. They also gave me a steroid nasal spray to help get the inflammation down in my sinuses. I'm getting really frustrated because I want to be cranking up the cardio to get ready for the RT but kind of hard to when you can't breath decent.

Sam - I bet it felt good to finally be able to work out again. I bought 3 new workouts from Collage going out of business. One was one of Leslie's newer ones, the other two were completely different instructors... don't even remember their names. I know one is a Yogilates. Hoping I find something I like that will help me with the arthritis in my hip. Very much looking forward to the RT. I just need to start feeling better and quick.

Hi Hearty!

Take Care!
Brenda

Sam---send me some of your energy.

Brenda--I need to do a good core workout. It's been a few weeks since I have hit the abs really good.

I didn't feel well at the end of last week. Bad headache and earache maybe an after affect from my cold. Im not sure. DH was out of town for 3 days so I had to get the boys to all their activities in spite of how I felt.

I took another rest day yesterday and truly dragged myself out of bed this morning and like you Sam, I am so glad I did. HIIT 40/20 and PUB down only premix.

Afternoon, ladies! Today I found a Jessica Smith prenatal cardio workout and did that. It was pretty similar to a lot of her walking workouts, just a bit more mindful of being careful with those loose joints. She said during the workout that she has a prenatal strength workout, too. I may try that tomorrow.

Brenda- I didn't even think to check out if Collage had a big sale going. I went on there after I read your post and checked it out. There were a few things I was interested in that I may order. I hope you feel better soon.

Heartymax- You've been sick, too :(. Sorry to hear that. Love the PUB Down premix. I bet I could lighten the weights and still do that one, it moves slowly enough, I think.

Have a great day, everyone.

Good Afternoon!

Felt a little better this morning. Still pretty congested. I did manage to do ROKO. The cardio portion I was a harder than normal with being stuffed up. Sweat more than usual due to not feeling 100%. Hopefully I sweat some of those toxins out of me.

Hearty - Dragging yourself out of bed and then doing 40/20 and PUB Down premix.... WTG!!!

Sam - I received notification yesterday that one of the items I ordered from Collage was refunded. Even though when I ordered it said they had stock.. apparently not. I hope it wasn't the Yogilates that got refunded.

10 more days to the Road Trip!! :D

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's and Core1 and some extra stretching. I was bummed, I can normally pull off using 20's in the most of the bi's like Cathe does but I've lost strength some where along the line and I'm sure still not feeling 100% doesn't help any. I definitely gave it my all though.

Hi Sam!
Hi Hearty!

I overslept this morning but squeezed in Cathe's Hiit 30/30.

Brenda---don't beat yourself up over the decline in strength today. Your body is not back to normal.

Hi ladies. Yesterday I was still feeling SUPER sore from Monday's workout so I took a day off. Today I did Jessica's Barefoot Cardio Fusion Walk, which is one of my favorites of hers. I always feel limbered up and refreshed when it's over.

As of yesterday, my first trimester is officially over!!! My nausea isn't completely gone, but it's a lot more manageable, and my energy level is definitely better, though I still get really sleepy in the afternoons. We still have not made a public announcement, though most of our family knows. DS doesn't know yet, (although I think he suspects something :)), but I'm waiting till we hear the heartbeat to tell him... which should be Tuesday. I cant wait :D

Brenda- I suppose they're selling things so fast at this point that they aren't sure what's in stock when. I hope you get the videos you wanted. I feel bad that they're going out of business, but I honestly haven't purchased a video from them in years. I usually get my Cathes from Cathe or Total Fitness DVDs. We have Amazon Prime, as well, so that always makes it tempting to just throw in a video with my Amazon orders.

Heartymax- ALOH sounds good. I think I'll try to do part of that this weekend. I miss my Cathes!

Have a great day.

Good Afternoon!

This morning I pushed myself and did Level 2 thru 5 tabata's from Tabatacise and followed that with Stretch Max. It was hard breathing with being congested but I did it.

Hearty - I know.. I'm trying not to beat myself up. I'll get it back once I feel better.

Count down... 8 more days to Cathe's Road Trip!! :D

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Sam - Glad the nausea is more manageable... can't even imagine. The one DVD I didn't get was Leslie. I got the Yogilates and the other one which I don't remember the name of it. It looks like it will be a kick butt workout.

Happy Friday. Today was Lower Body Blast minus the floor work.

Sam---your little one is going to be so excited to hear the news.

Brenda---count down to the RT.

Hi ladies! Today I did Jessica's prenatal strength workout. It was great! I'll definitely do it again. I ordered a couple more prenatal videos along with my regular cat food order on Amazon yesterday. One is barre, and the other is yoga. I'm definitely feeling better now that I'm working out again. Now if only I'd stop craving junk food... :rolleyes:

Brenda- I'm curious about the yogilates. You'll have to give us a report.

Heartymax- I hope he's excited. I think he might be a little upset at first. He's so used to having mom and dad to himself. I think he'll get used to the idea pretty quickly, though.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Happy Friday!!

This morning I did Lower Body Blast too. I did the floor work, well.. at least tried doing the floor work. ;) I don't know which glute cramped up more the one I was working or the one I was kneeling on. I did what I could and stretched when I needed to. I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

Hearty - It was the day for LBB I guess. :) I can't believe a week from today I'll be at the Road Trip. How exciting.

Sam - Hopefully I'll have time over the weekend to preview the Yogilates. Anxious to preview the other one as well. It's called something like extreme metabolic conditioning. We'll see. I hope DS will be excited too when he hears the news.

Have a great weekend!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.