Buff Badgers May 27-30

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

How are you all this bright, cold morning? I only got in a 5 mile run on Monday and didn't do anything else all weekend except yard work and the like. Today I plan on 4DS total body.

Laurie, did you have a good time on your camping trip? Hope the bugs didn't carry you away. When you were doing less cardio, did you not look as lean as you do when you up your cardio?

Sue, did you see any movies over the weekend? We rented a couple from the video store on Sat. night. Did you plant any flowers this year? I suppose for your DD trip, they will be doing fundraisers to help defray the cost. It's go to be getting expensive to travel.

Susan, are you back to your normal activities. It sounds like you may not have to go back to the doc. I don't know how you fit so much time in for pilates, I can barely squeeze 10 min in and I am tired of it. I know it would be good for me but so would a lot of other things I do or do not do.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Today I ran on my TM for a 3m run. I just couldn't stand being in the cold this morning. Brrrr!!! Well at least we had one day in the 80's, just wish I didn't have to spend the majority driving in the car!!!

I managed to make a deer kill this weekend! Yep, that stupid deer was DEAD!!! Don't know the extent of the damage, but my family took bets. The highest bet being around $6000. We will see tomorrow when I bring the car in for repair. I call the deer stupid, because she decided to cross the freeway!!!

Karen, We had a great time, the weather was very nice. Well except for the thunderstorms that went through. I was sleeping in my Mom & Dads camper, and Cami didn't like the thunderstorm that came through. But that area really needs the rain, and a lot more than what they got. I did manage to get in a 1-1/2 m run with Cami on Sunday. Felt good! We will be heading up to the cabin again in July, maybe we can get together during that time. I would like to meet you too!

Sue, Did you see the Indiana Jones movie? I'm interested in it, despite the reviews that it was like the 2nd movie.

Susan, Glad you knee is feeling better. Did you manage to go camping?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen & Laurie - Saw the Indiana Jones movie. Lots of action. Not as good as the others but entertaining. I can't even remember what happened in the 2nd movie. Harrison Ford looks old in this one. I know that's not nice but that was my impression when they first showed him in the beginning of the movie.

Karen - Yes, I planted 2 flats and that was enough. I had to do a lot of weeding so I'm glad I didn't have any more to do.

Laurie - Sorry to hear about your car. That deer was stupid! I could think of some other names for it.

Lots of yardwork over the weekend. On Saturday and Sunday I did 3 hours each day. That was my workout on Sat. but on Sun. I added Step and Intervals cardio + one of the CTX abs (can't remember which one). Yesterday I had to go into work and then had a houseful of kids so went for a 2 mile walk. This morning was Push Pull.

Another busy week and a tournament this weekend. I'm thinking of taking Friday off because I need a break. We'll see how the week goes.

Have a great day everyone! Stay warm (hopefully that's the last time I say that for awhile).

Sue

Morning,

Today I was planning on CC7 on the bike but I don't know if I want to get get DD bike and put it on the trainer. Also, I want to add a 3 mile run to the end.

Laurie, glad you are all ok after hitting the deer. What did the damage end up being? Those deer do have a mind of their own--obviously not a big mind.

Sue, sounds like your yardwork took up quite some time. Another cold morning here. Take off Friday and find something fun and relaxing to do.

Susan, hope you are still doing well.

Have a nice day.

Morning BB's,

Today's workout was 4m Interval Run and BBC Fat Blaster Upper Body. I still want to get in one of the BBC advanced upper and ab workouts after work.

I played volleyball last night, so I didn't get in a workout. My knees are hurting a bit today. Just hoping that was from playing VB with my shoes on. It was just to dang cold out to go barefoot. x( Some people where in shorts/t-shirts and no shoes. I don't know how they could stand it. We actually had to forfeit the game, because my DB was stuck on the north side of Milwaukee at his DD's soccer game. The ref for that game came late, otherwise he would have made it.

Dropped my car off at the auto body shop this morning, and it will only cost us $100 out of pocket. Hitting a deer is considered "an act of God" so it goes under our comprehensive. This was a good thing to hear! :D Guess God told the deer that it needed to run in front of my car! :D We will be getting the estimate later today, and they are also paying for the rental car.

Karen, I didn't answer your question about cardio from yesterday. I find that I am leaner than when doing less cardio. Today I have on a shirt that when I was doing P90X was tight on me. And I mean tight in the arms, because my biceps where big. I also see a big difference in my legs and waist. That could be because I am eating better too. But I'm not giving up on the heavy weights, it just means that I need to mix it up. I think this STS system will be a good, because it has endurance and heavy. But from what I understand they want to limit the cardio. I'm always willing to experiment. :D

Sue, I agree with you, I think Harrision Ford does look old. I was looking at the trailer, and thought the same thing. Hope you are able to take Friday off, and if you do no yard work should be done. :7 :7 Unless that relaxes you! ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie & Karen - You guys are funny because I thought about taking Friday off until I remembered this important conference call in the morning. Maybe I can take the afternoon off at least. Unfortunately, gardening/yard work does NOT relax me. I'm relaxed when it's all done - does that count? :D

Laurie - Good news on your car! :7 Feels good to get something out of your insurance when you pay so much. Brrrrr on people playing volleyball in shorts and no shoes! I will be fully blanketed tonight during DS' baseball game. Do you play in sand? Maybe your knees need to adjust?

Hi Susan!

No workout this morning. Up too late to get up early. I'm thinking of doing a short CTX cardio before meeting DH/DS at his game.

Can you believe it's Wednesday already? I love short weeks. :7

Sue

Hi there! I can't believe I forgot to check-in with you ladies! Sorry about that!

No, we did not go camping after all. The friends we were going with ended up having a graduation and party to go to. That's okay though cause they really got pellted with rain!

Saturday I took a long walk and did an hour of pilates. Sunday I went on the elliptical for 45mn and walked for 30. Monday, I just walked for 45mn and did house and yard work!

Yesterday I decided to try a little impact with my knee so I did CTX Kickbox and then pilates for butt and thighs. Today, I forgot it had to be an off day due to soccer game and errands! I did manage to go for a nice walk this morning though. I am going to try KPC Thursday. I am wearing my brace while I workout and it seems to help.

Glad to hear you're all doing well!

Take care- Susan

Good Morning,

I am doing PUB and L&G today. Maybe add in an interval run and some abs.

DD starts her first day of work at Culvers today. The boys have to be at a time trial in Spooner tonight also. It should be another busy evening.

Laurie, sounds like you enjoyed camping. Are you doing your own intervals or using something like itread or CC? Good news on the insurance paying for most damage and a rental too. Volleyball sounds cold. Where is your 5K again, I was looking in Silent sports mag to see if it was listed.

Sue, skip the conference call and take the day off. (smily face) How was DS game? Is DH coaching this year? Did you get CTX in before the game?

Susan, glad the brace is helping. It sounds like you got a lot of walking in. I'll bet your dog loves that. Shame on you for not checking in here--you aren't very busy you should have plenty of time. (smiley face)

Can't get the smiley face to work and don't want any comments taken the wrong way. It's funny how it can happen when you can't see the people or hear how they are saying it.

Have a great day. Thanks to Susan's late posting we were not kicked to the second page of the threads today.

Morning BB's,

Today I only did a 3m run with Cami. DD15 is heading out to the state meet today, so I decided to chat with her this morning. :-( She should be getting back some time on Sunday. I will try getting in a BBC lower body workout tonight. DD11 and I are going to church tonight, so I hope I have time. :)

Sue, Yep Friday afternoon is looking better and better. :D How was the BB game last night. It actually turned out to be a nice day/evening. Yes we play in sand for VB, and you are probably right. My knees just need to get used to it, or I need to take the glucosamine religiously. I'm so bad at taking that type of stuff! :D

Susan, Glad to hear that your knees are allowing you to do KB workouts. Will probably be a while before you can do a step. Do you have something that is simple, with no turns?

Karen, Hope your DD's first day of work goes well for her. I have been doing some interval workouts from magazines. Those have actually been fun. I'm planning on getting back into the Barry TM workouts, because those are killers. :D I haven't done one of those since I started running again, and I'm interested in seeing how I do with these. I will be running in the Mukwonago Village Run. They don't have the course route yet, because they are doing some work on the bleachers at the HS. I like your (smiley faces) :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi! I'm back again!

KPC today was fun! I was surprised at how strong I felt. I think taking that time off really helped me heal in more ways than one! My body needed a break!

Karen, I hope your DD enjoys her new job! How many hours a day will she be working?

Laurie, when is your Mukwonago run? Do you have any others set up for the Summer?

Sue, are ya takin' Friday off yet? I hope you do and take time for yourself!

Stay strong- Susan

Karen - Yes, I did CTX Kickbox last night. DH helps out a lot during practices but isn't an actual coach. He also has definite opinions on what the coaches are doing (or not doing) in practices. He's talked to the coaches about it but they have their own ideas. I listen to DH rant after every game but I don't mind. This is probably DS' last year with this team unless they really turn things around.

That's quite a workout you have planned for today! Hope you can walk tomorrow! LOL Just kidding. I'm sure you can since you're in great shape.

Laurie - By the time I did CTX Kickbox, showered quick and got to the game it was over! DS got a nice fly-ball double in the gap which is 1 of only 2 hits we had last night. DH has been explaining to me about hits vs. errors. I thought anytime a batter got on base, it was considered a hit but he says it's only a hit if there is no error by the other team on the play. (ie. the ball was unreachable for the outfielder to get to) Doesn't sound fair to me. Anyway, it was a nice night but they still lost 16-1.

Susan - Good job with KPC. Those combos at the end always slay me. If they weren't so darned fun I probably wouldn't do them. ;-)

Did MIS upper this morning and I'm already feeling it in my back. Hopefully I'll get out of work on time today so we can go to Dojo. I haven't been working on my sword form I need to create so I'm not looking forward to that part of class. I watched some sword forms on you-tube for inspiration but they were pretty ridiculous. My conference call was rescheduled for Monday but now I have something else to do tomorrow morning. Someone doesn't want me to get the whole day off I guess.

Happy May 29! 3 more days until June! :eek:

Sue

Hi BB's,

Yesterday I didn't get in the run but did the rest. I didn't want to spend that much time working out. Today I am doing CCPP on the spin bike and a 3 mile run.

DD seems ok with the job. Until they turn 16 I guess you can only work until 7. She works tonight for 2 1/2 hours and tomorrow for 4. She smells good when she comes home, not like a Macs or anything.

Laurie, why is DD gone so long for the track meet. Is that normal? Do you ever do hills for your treadmill workouts? Does BBC treadmill do a lot of pullups and stuff using the treadmill? My treadmill only goes up to 8mph. That's not even a steadystate. I need (want) one that inclines with the push of a button and can go upto at least 10.

Susan, glad you are feeling so strong. KPC was the first kickbox workout I ever did and liked.

Sue, I hope DS team doesn't loose like that every game. He sure did practice a lot. Did you get to Dojo last night? Did you decide to take a half day off today? It's rainy here, hope it's nice there.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Well best laid plans and all that. I didn't get any leg workout in last night. So today was BBC Fat Blaster Legs plus the 12 min. advanced leg workout. I also added on a 12 min. advanced ab workout from BBC too. I have to say that I really like these BBC's for a change of pace. The Fat Blaster workouts are interval, and you do 14 exercises for 1 min each. The 12 min workouts are 8 exercises for 1 min. My lower body is talking to me right now. :)

Karen, Glad your DD's first day went well. Apparently the state track meet is two days long. I was looking at the schedule, and they have opening ceremonies for this thing. Looks like they run several heats on Sat, and on Sun are the finals. The BBC TM workouts do use the incline. The recent interval workouts I have done didn't use the incline. It makes the workouts so much harder. I can understand you wanting the push button incline, that is what I have and it is really nice. Keep checking out the yard sales, someone may give one of those up. :D

Susan, The run is on the 7th, so it is next Saturday. I haven't planned on anything else for the summer, because they usually fall on the weekends. I'm a little busy on the weekends during the summer. :D :D Will see if there is anything for the fall though.

Sue, Dang on your DS's BB game. One of these days they are going to win, and that team will be excited. Yes the hit-error thing is kind of strange. I always went with, if they touched the ball and screwed up it was an error! :D When do you have to have the sword form done? I'm sure that you will be able to figure something out. Did you see that Amy Bento is going to be working on a boxing workout. I don't think that I'm going to get it, because Amy and I just don't click! ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Just got a call from DD15 at the state meet. The girls in the 4x800 relay won the event, so my DD will be coming home with a state metal. At first when she called I thought something was wrong, because there was so much screaming. :D Even though she was an alternate, she still gets a metal. How cool is that!

Laurie

Laurie - GREAT NEWS on DD's state medal! How exciting for her. :7 :7

They haven't said but I think have until the next graduation (end of July) to come up with my sword form. Having to move in a triangular pattern makes it even tougher since my workout area isn't big enough. I'll wait for reviews on Amy's bag workout. It would be cool to have a workout that uses my bag but Amy just doesn't seem hardcore enough for a boxing workout. Her cueing annoys me, too. Her 10 min. Solution warmups annoy me the most. She cues as she does the movement and then she switches to something else just as you're getting what she's doing.

Karen - Yes, I did go to Dojo last night and it was FUN! We didn't work on our sword form so I have a bit of a reprieve. Instead, we worked on back kicks, spinning back kicks and punching using your whole body. It was sweaty fun. :) Then we learned a cool bow staff combo with a partner. My DD was my partner and we had a blast. Culvers seems like it would be a good place to work. The workers are always so friendly. Your DD will like earning her own money, too. I remember being so proud to make a few small purchases when I was her age and worked at the bakery. (Talk about an occupational hazard!) 8.0 isn't even steady state?! Girl, you're fast - that would be an interval for me!

Did MIS abs this morning. Planning on doing MIS lower, some floorwork and cardio this afternoon. Afterwards I'm taking DD & DS shopping for baseball pants and spikes. DD is on a rec league and her 2 year old baseball pants are too small.

Baseball Tournament this weekend. Tomorrow will be especially busy - games at 10 & 2 and working concessions 4-6. Not sure if we play on Sunday if we lose both games.

TGIF! Have a great weekend.

Sue

Laurie, great news on the relay team doing so well. I am glad DD gets a medal too. Is the BBC Barry's new ones he put out?

Sue, pretty neat you can enjoy something with your DD. 8.0 is fast, it's just not a very fast interval for me. I really couldn't do it steady for any length of time. Neat DD is playing BB too. More games to go to. Enjoy your busy weekend with all the games.

Hi ladies! The weekend is finally here! :D

Today will be the elliptical for 50mn. I'm am going to increase the resistance a bit to see if the knee can handle it better.

My DH is in a fishing tournament all weekend so he'll be out of the house. Tomorrow I need to mow the lawn, then I plan to scrub my house from ceiling to floor (literally!). I also need to go buy some flowers to plant in my planter. Of course there is the usual housework on the agenda as well. Sunday looks quiet until my DS's soccer and baseball practices!

Laurie, congrats to your DD's team on bringing home a medal!

Sue, your Dojo sounds like fun last night! Nice that you could have DD be your partner.

Karen, glad to hear your DD liked her first day at Culvers. Hope she continues to enjoy it!

Have a great weekend ladies! Try to enjoy the nice weather!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.