Buff Badgers May 12-16

kaykay

Cathlete
Hi BB's,

Today I plan on GS upper body and 3 mile run or some other 30 min cardio and abs.

I ate way to much at my parent's house this weekend. I think we had two meals with dessert and 3 snacks of Dairy Queen cake, strawberry shortcake and bakery cupcakes. I haven't been that miserable in a long time. All my hard work down the drain.

Sue hope your class is going well.

Laurie, Did you end up doing two kickboxing workouts on Fri? How did your run go on Sat.? I have Tracey's core, I have done 3 of the sections and it's really nothing new.

Susan, how did you hike go? It was good weather until it rained up here.

Enjoy your day.

Hi all! Hope you enjoyed your weekends!

I did have a nice long hike on Friday. Unfortunately Ruby found a mucky mud puddle to plop in and then a huge water puddle to roll in. Needless to say someone had to have a bath when we got home! Saturday I went for a walk and then jumped on the ellipitcal and did pilates. Sunday was my rest day this week. Today I hope to do Cardio & Weights.

My DD11 has been having headaches and ear pain lately. I thought it might be her new ADD meds so I stopped giving them to her and she said she's still having the pain so I need to get her into the Dr. today. Maybe it's a sinus infection or something? The nurses at school checked her ears and said they're fine... We'll see.

Yesterday at my DS soccer practice it was the Mom's -v- the sons at a scrimmage. It was fun and we Mom's lost 4-5. My DS came up to me afterwards and said I played very well considering I'm a Mom and my DH said he didn't know I was so quick on my feet! I had a lot of fun!

Karen, don't worry about the desserts you had. The way you exercise they'll melt right off you!

Hi Sue!

Hi Laurie!

Have a great day- Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was a 3m run, BBC Chest & Abs cardio. Hope to get in a the weight work later tonight.

So I have changed my mind and went right into the BBC weight work. Don't know why, just didn't feel like doing a rest week. I decided to take Cami on my run this morning, and she was doing really well util about the 2m mark. I wanted to go one way, and she wanted to take the more direct route home. Just the look in her eyes, made me decide that we would head for home. So I finished up the last mile on the TM with a 9 min mile pace. Overall I feel really energized today, must be the rest day I took yesterday.

Karen, Hey don't worry, I'm in the same boat you are. I ate way to much, and I think I really need to take in lots of water today. :7 :7 I didn't do the 2nd KB workout on Friday, by the time I got home I just decided that the dog needed a longer walk. My run on Sat was good, but I need to find a different route to run. Just had too many hills on that one. :D :D But it really did feel good.

Susan, LOL about Ruby and the mud/water. Cami likes to walk/run through the puddles. I guess I should be thankful that she doesn't like to get dirty. :7 :7 Dang on your DD and the headaches, hope the doc can find the cause. But I bet it is the sinuses, with all the stuff floating around she may have an allergy too. Your soccer practice must have been fun, and I bet is was a good workout too. :D LOL about what your DS said about you doing well for a Mom. :7 :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi again!

Well today was going to be C&W but while at work I kept tripping over these darn anti-fatigue mats. I swear I tripped at least 6 times! The 2nd to last time my knee really hurt and then the last time I think I sprained or turned it somehow. Anyway, it hurts!:-(
I am going to rest it tonight and hopfully it feel better in the morning. Right now walking on it is painful!

Susan

Hi BB's,

Today I did KPC and KM blasts. My mom and dad are coming to put up new walls and flooring in my to be DD15 room. They are really great.

Susan, sorry about your ankle, leg problems. How are you feeling today? That's such a bummer about the meds affecting you that way. Did you find out anything about DD11 and her ears? It sounds like you had some great soccer fun over the weekend.

Laurie, nice job on the 9 mile pace. Your getting stronger every day. I guess by the sound of the run Cami needs a tad more work if she is going to run with you more than 2 miles.

Off to get ready for my parent's to come.

Have a great day.

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was a 3m run and BBC Legs & Butt cardio. Didn't get the weight workout done last night, so I want to do the BBC Chest & Abs and Legs & Butt workouts tonight. No dance class so that should help.

DD11 has advanced to the next level in dance class. She was so happy, and chatty last night on the way home. She usually isn't so talkative. The first thing she did when we got home was to tell her big sister. I was so happy when DD15 gave her a big hug and a congrats. Not something that happens all the time. :7 :7 :7

Susan, Oh I hope that your knee feels better today! Otherwise let them know at work, so that they can do something about those mats. That should be a recordable injury, since it happened at work.

Karen, Hope your day is going well. Do you fell better from your splurge this weekend? Yep Cami is going to need more time with running, but she was crying today because I didn't take her. Have a great time with your parents.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hey there!

Well, I thought my knee was better until I started exercising! I decided I'd do C&W today since I missed it yesterday. It was going alright, but I started having pain/pulling in the back of my knee. At one point I stopped and hobbled around a little bit. Then I tried again.I was able to pretty much finish but I was not able to give it my all. I think maybe my hamstring or something behind the knee there is pulled. I try to stretch it out but it is painful....I am going to wrap it up and no more hopping for a while! I hate not being able to give it 100%! x(

DD11 has allergies, at least that's what the Dr. thinks it is. So now she is on some meds for that! It'll be at least a week before we see improvement though.

Laurie, congrats to your DD11 for advancing! Good for her!

Karen, hope you enjoying your day!

Take care ladies- Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was 3m run on TM (raining out today), and the cardio from BBC Shoulders and Back. Will do the weight work from this one after I get home. Only thing on the agenda for tonight is grocery shopping.

Susan, Sorry to hear that the knee is giving you problems. It took me a while to get my knee from hurting. Ice it good, and take good care of it. Totally understand about not feeling 100%. I was watching the seeds from the Dogwood trees float around, and then this morning I was sneezing for quite a while. x( That is the one plant that gives me problems. :D Hope the med help your DD, it is tough at this time of the year.

Karen, How is the bedroom project going, bet your DD is very excited to be getting her own room.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Kimberly Spreens Cardio-Camp. Still want to get in BBC Arms and Abs tonight.

Have a very busy evening. DD11 has her rehearsal for the recital this weekend. After I leave work I have to pick up the dog, put a bun in DD's hair, go to church to set up for communion, pick DD15 up from a track meet, go back to church to clean up the communion setting and during all that need to eat something. :7 :7 :7 DH is taking DD11 to the practice, so at least I don't need to do that too. :7

Karen, Are you all covered in drywall dust? :7

Susan, How is your knee doing?

Have a great day!

Laurie

HI BB's

Yesterday I got in 4DS chest/back and abs from LIS. Today I got in a 6.5 mile run.

Laurie, It sounds like you will be very busy tonight. Do you carry water with you when you run for your 6 mile and up runs? I was thinking I really don't want to carry one and I think it would be to big around the waist. Congrats on DD11 dance and the congrats from oler DD. It's nice when you know they care about each other.

Susan, hope you are doing well.

Got so busy yesterday, I didn't get a chance to post. The room is going well except everytime we try to do something, my DH doesn't like it and wants us to do something else. I am glad he won't be home until late tonight, then I don't have to get reprimanded for not doing something exactly right.

Enjoy your days all.

Happy Friday, BBs! :7 I'm happy because it's the last day of class and I get to go home today! I miss my kitties very much. Oh, and my family, too. :+

This hotel has some good cardio equipment (2 treadmills, elliptical and recumbent plus a good selection of dumbbells) so I was able to get in some good sweaty workouts in. :D They have tv monitors so you can watch tv while you workout. Not that there was anything good on tv but it did help pass the time. I also did YogaX one night and man, were my buns sore the next day! Also did Amy Bento's 10 min. solution band workout.

Class is going well. I'm not as lost as the consultant thought I'd be although yesterday was tough. If we're lucky, we'll get out today at 3. Hope to beat the traffic. Chicago is nuts. I'm soooooo glad I don't have to drive in this stuff every day. After class last night I drove over to Panera's to pickup a salad and bring back to my hotel (I hate eating alone in restaurants) and what should have been a 10 min. trip took 45!

Susan - Hope your knee is feeling better.

Laurie - Isn't BBC a nice change of pace? I don't think I could do it all the time but one of the things I like about it is that it's so different from Cathe.

Karen - Your parents ARE great! Sounds like your home will be in great shape after all your remodel projects get done.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

Hi ladies!

Sorry I forgot to check in! My leg is still bad. I have been wearing a brace on my knee area which helps but it's still too sore. Dr. said if it wasn't better in a week or so she'd have to do a scan. I have only been able to walk Ruby so far this week!:-( If it feels stronger over the weekend I will try the elliptical. I think I pulled my hamstring cause it hurts to extend my leg behind the knee and up the ham.

Sue, glad your coming home and that you were still able to workout! How dedicated you are!:D

Laurie and Karen you both sound like you're staying strong on your workouts as well! Karen, I hope you were able to get more done to the room with the DH out of the way!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was the weight workout from yesterday BBC Arms & Abs, plus Stretchmax #1. I was suppose to do a 7m run today, but will save that one for tomorrow. Still need to map that run out. :7 :7

Tomorrow is DD11's dance recital, so she is very excited about that. Need to get her a bouquet of flowers. We received her pictures last night, and they turned out really well.

Karen, I didn't take any water with me for my 6m run. I think if it had been hotter, I would have had to do something. They have those tiny bottles, wonder how that would be just to have in my hand. Might have to check out the sporting goods store to see if they have something that can be in my hand, just to have a jolt! :D How much more do you have to do on the room you are working on?

Sue, Glad to hear from you, and I hope your trip home is not congested. :D Do you have an I-Pass, so you can zip right through those dang toll booths? x( See you did better than you thought you would, WTG!! Sounds like some great equipment at the hotel! I am really enjoying these BBC workouts, my shoulders where really worked with Joey the other day. And I just love Barry! :D

Susan, Dang on that knee, just take it easy. Hope that it just needs some rest, and nothing else is happening with it. Your injury sounds a lot like the one I had, so there is hope. :D

This weekend my workouts are planned to be a 7m run and BBC Full Body (maybe, will see how I feel after the run), and Sunday I would like to try the Hi/Lo Knockout by Amy Bento?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Today when my parents leave I will try to get in 4DSLegs and a 3 mile run. Tomorrow is a 7 mile run and Sun. if I get a chance will be MM.

Sue, glad you were not lost at the conference. Hope you have a safe and quick trip home. It is great you got such good workouts in. Way to go.

Laurie, Enjoy the recital tonight. You must be so proud of your girls. Have a great run tomorrow and enjoy the nice weather. My DH will have to finish the ceiling part of the room, everything else is done. My parents bought her a box spring and matress, bed spread and sheets. They have worked hard and they both have back and hip problems. I am proud of them and very thankful for them.

Susan, hope your leg heals fast. It must be hard just walking after being used to all the workouts you do, not to mention painful.

Have a great weekend. I have a choir concert tonight. The last one of the year.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.