Buff Badgers June 9-13

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Well I just went to the web page, and it looks like I was wrong. I came in at 31:25. Oh well, when they are calling out times it is really hard to hear what they are saying, and they didn't have a time clock it was all manual. I'm going to blame the heat for my slow time. :7 :7 :7 I really don't care, it was just fun to finish the run, and I will have to start running in the heat more to get the body aclimated to my upcoming fair heat! :D :D I see the problem now, I should have been walking around in my dress so then I wouldn't have felt the heat so badly. :7 :7 :7

Anyway thanks for all the congrats, I am off today. Need to get some cleaning done before DD15 gets home at 10. I have to take her and her friend to a pool party. I am going to go to the store after that to pick up some items. The rest of the day I'm going to do some shopping for myself. :D

Todays workout will be Upper Plus and Abs/Core Plus from P90X. DH finally hung up my bar!!

I will BBL to chat some more,

Laurie

Hello!:D

Laurie, that is still a good time for your race, especially with the heat! It's hard cause the heat kind of crept up on us this year so there was no way of knowing how bad it was going to be. Hope your DD has fun at her pool party today! Have fun shopping too!

Today is a long walk and then Pilates Max. Burn. Saturday I did Bootcamp plus additional lunges. Yesterday I did the elliptical for 43mn(6.1 miles) and did leg/glute work.

I am going to go shopping today as well and my DD11 is having a track/field day at school this afternoon. The parents don't have to go but I am going to swing by and check out what's happenin'.

Hi Sue!
Hi Karen!
Hope you all survived the rain! We had soooo much rain here yesterday! Our sump pump is going non-stop! It's soaking out there today!

Laurie - You still might have finished sooner if there was a delay before crossing the start line. How big a race was it? I'd still to proud to finish it at all. DD and I went for a 1 mile walk that day and that was tough with the humidity.

Susan - It's ridiculous how much rain we've had since Saturday night. Drove through a slightly flooded road to get to work this morning. Saw lots of standing water. Hope it dries out for your DD's track and field day.

Hi, Karen!

I took Friday afternoon off and forgot to post what I had written. We skipped Dojo Thursday night. DH had to work late and both kids complained about being sore from Monday's class. On Friday and Sunday I did some jog/walking outside (2 and 2 1/2 miles respectively). Added on some crunches and lunges plus BBC Leg cardio on Friday and (don't laugh :+ )McDonald's cardio dvd on Sunday. It's very basic stuff but is good for a nice easy add-on. This morning I did PLB/PUB Bonus Premix. Hoping to go to Dojo tonight.

Busy week at work. I'm covering for 2 people who are at class this week plus working with a consultant the rest of the week. Next week I'm going to Atlanta - leaving Sunday night and returning late Friday night. The fun just keeps on coming!

Sue

Hi BB's,

Today I did a 6 mile run outside listening to CC#7--my favorite and started 4DS Chest/back but had to quit after round 2 to take 3 kids to the denist and go to the bank. Just got home now and have to finish my workout and shower.

Laurie, I think it's great you finished in the humid heat. It gets hard to breath in that. Hope you have fun shopping.

Susan, sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'll bet it will be fun to watch some of the track and field events at school.

Sue, have fun at Dojo tonight. I don't know how you can keep doing the BBC cardio portions. They are really hard. I hope things slow down for you soon. You do seem to get in really good workouts when you are away from home.

Have a nice day.

Morning BB's,

Last night I got to go on a tandem ride with DH. So much fun. Today I am doing hi/lo knockout.

The boys are planning a football game here with some friends so I have to make some bars and get some lemonade. Also have to be at the Ortho for DD15 this morning.

Hope you all have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Best laid plans to get back on line where squashed. :D :D When I said I was going to clean the house, I cleaned the house. :D :D I did go top to bottom, and now my house better stay that way for the rest of the summer. :7 :7 :7 I managed to get Upper Plus and Abs/Core in yesterday. DD15 had a great time at the party, and brought a friend home with her. DD11 was at her friends house until 4pm, and then she helped me clean their bathroom. x( After that we went outside to enjoy what nice weather there was, came back in and watch Cold Comfort Farm. We ate a bowl of popcorn too. :9

Todays workout was Speedwork on the TM for 5mi. Tonight I have a volleyball game also.

I'm trying to give my DD's one task a day, now that summer vacation is here. Todays assignment was to take ALL their stuff that I found laying around, and put it away. I just left it in a pile on the kitchen table. So I better have a kitchen table that is cleaned off when I get home. :7

Karen, Was that your first tandem ride this year? Glad you had a good time. Hope you can get through that hi/lo knockout. I just am not coordinated enough for that workout. x(

Susan, Are your legs feeling all those lunges or have they gotten used to them? How was the track/field day? Our sump pump has been going all weekend, and even this morning. I was a little fearful this morning when I took Cami for our walk, it look as if it had just finished raining. x( But the sun is out, and it looks to be a warm one today. :D

Sue, The race wasn't a big one, just over 100 people. It was just dang hard to breath in that humidty. Sounds like you are going to be very busy over the next couple of weeks. Makes these summer months go faster than we really like them too. x(

Thanks all of you for the encouragement for my race. I will probably do another one, but not this summer. :D Maybe try out a fall 5K. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Just got done with hi/lo knockout couldn't wait for it to be over. I hardly got any moves did lots of side steps. This was our second tandem ride of the year. We also went out on Sat. I am so much stronger this year the big hills don't even faze me. It is so neat to be able to go out strong.

My parent's basement flooded and they have been up the last two nights trying to keep more water from coming in. I guess it's really bad by them. They are near the Dells. 15 inches of rain in 24 hours. I feel bad for them. The day before a tornado touched down in their back yard and riped all their fruit trees,and gazebo apart along with all their plants and trailer.

I guess you all didn't need to know that. Just don't feel like cleaning so I decided to come here agin. I best get going.

Karen - Biking outside sounds fun and you're smart to do it before the mosquitos get bad. Okay, I'm definitely taking Hi-Lo Knockout off my list (not that it was ever on). I never clicked with Amy's other hi-lo one I have (Hi-Lo Xtreme?). Her cueing (or lack thereof) drives me crazy!! Forgot that your parents live near the Dells. Watched the news last night and it was incredible to see Lake Delton GONE! What a shock. Sorry to hear about your parents house. I can't even imagine what a dirty cleanup that must be. Ugh! I'll pray for no more rain for awhile to let everyone who's been affected time to recover.

Laurie - Your girls are done with school already, huh? My kids have today, tomorrow and Thursday yet. We're already thinking of jobs for DD also. You're right - breathing is much harder in that pea soup we call humidity during the summer. I guess that's why I prefer my air-conditioned basement during the summer. ;-)

Susan - Did your sump pump keep up with the rain?

Dojo was fun and super sweaty last night. We worked on alternating jumping roundhouses on the bag and with paddles held by the instructors, 360 roundhouses (my 1st time trying it) and part of our form. It doesn't sound too exciting but Master K. has a knack for making things different every time. e.g. we had to jump up on some mats with our right foot only and before the left foot landed on the ground, do a roundhouse kick with the right foot against the paddle the instructor was holding. I didn't fall like a lot of people were doing but have to work on my aim. My kick was actually going over the paddle! Good that it was high enough but not so good that I missed it completely. LOL

Slept in this morning. Nothing going on tonight so I'm going to do a cardio and maybe practice my 360 roundhouse. It needs a LOT of work! LOL

Sue

Karen, So sorry to hear about your parents, my boss is home today because he is sick. He thinks he got something from trying to clean out his sewer flooded basement. Glad I'm not the only one that had a time with Amy! WTG on your endurance on the hills, that running you have been doing is helping. ;-)

Sue, Yep my DD's where done with school as of yesterday. In fact DD15 only had to take two test, and then came home. DD11 had a half day too. WTG with getting your kick so high. :7 How do you practice that 360 at home? Do you use your bag?

Can you tell my boss is away! :7 :7

Laurie

Hi there!

Today was my DS's re-scheduled field-trip to a the Wild Life Sanctuary in Green Bay. I am tired from all that walking! This morning I walked for 40mn then came home and did 150 lunges and 120 plies. I am thinking about going down and doing some plyo work, but right now I am so tired..... Oh, and my legs feel tight, but not sore from all the lower body work I am doing. Also, I since starting this, I've lost 3 more pounds!

My DD's track/field was canceled due to the soaking wet ground. She wasn't too upset about it! Our sump pump seems to be slowing down a little. The ground must be getting a bit drier!

I am making up choir charts for my kids too. They always want money, but don't think they need to work for it! Well, times are changin'! ;-)

Tomorrow is their last day of school! Yipee!!

See you- Susan

Susan - Woo hoo on the 3 pound loss! Sounds like Freestyling is working for you. Have you measured yourself as well?

Sue

Good Morning,

Today I am doing a 4 mile run probably with CC and 4DS Legs and abs of some sort.

Susan, congrats on the weight loss. That was quick. Glad you are seeing good results with freestyling. Sounds like you got lots of walking in yesterday. The kids have jobs here each day also. They don't even get paid for it but we do buy the majority of stuff for them.

Laurie, I think the running helped but I think doing the spinning all winter long this year helped with the muscles used for biking. Wouldn't have happened without my CC.

Sue, glad you had a great workout at dojo. I suppose a high kick if it misses doesn't count for much--only if your in a fight. How is baseball going? Any better?

I have to get going I want to run outside and it's suppose to thunderstorm.

Have a great day.

Hello there!

Got lots to do today so I better make this quick!;)

I'll be doing Step Blast and Pilates Power Sculpt Buns/Thighs. This is the first time since I hurt my knee that I'll be doing an all step workout. I'm going to test it today!

I have lots of stuff I want to get today since it's the last day of school! See what I can get done before they are home to destroy it! LOL!:D

Enjoy your run Karen!

Hi Laurie!
Hi Sue!

Stay strong- Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was an easy 2m run with Cami, and Total Body Plus. So far I am really enjoying the way my running/P90X+ rotation is going. I am getting my running in, and the weight workouts are fun but challenging. :) And they are only around 45 min each. :)

My sister said that they had a foot of water in their basement. They live in Oak Creek. My BIL was in the process of making some cabinet doors, and I'm hoping that they where not destroyed. That would not be good.

Susan, WTG on the 3lb weight loss. Must be from all those lunges!!! Glad your legs are feeling the burn, and not being sore and achie. Our DD's also think that they should get money for doing nothing. If they manage to get through a whole week doing what I ask them to do, I will think about some small token. :D :D I keep reminding them that I had to work all summer, and never got paid for it. :D That story is like telling them I walked to school (which I did), up hill both ways (which I didn't :7 :7 ) Hope your step workout goes well for you today.

Karen, Oh yes I forgot that you had been incorporating the CC's with spinning too. Yes your legs would be getting a good workout for biking. You doing 4DS Legs reminded me that these P90X+ workouts don't work the legs that well. Will have to look over my rotation to see where I can insert some type of leg work. :D

Sue, Hope your day is going well. Did you see that Mukwonago is now under the dam over flow watch!!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - DS' baseball team is doing the same. We lost to the one team we thought we could beat (sigh). I'm taking DD to her softball game tonight so I don't have to watch them get beat again. Sad but true. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised and they win. DD is on a city rec league and it's just for fun (not competitive). According to DD, the girls on her team like to stand around and gossip rather than practice so I don't think they'll be winning tonight either. At least her games are shorter.

Laurie - Sorry to hear about your sister's basement. We feel really lucky to not have any flooding since so many people were affected. Yes, I heard about the Mukwonago dam. It's ironic that as technically advanced as our civilization has become, we're still pretty much at the mercy of nature. How did volleyball go the other night?

Susan - Hope your knees do okay today and the kids don't do too much damage to your house. ;-) Mine will. I can just imagine what I'll find after the first day: dirty dishes everywhere, food not put away, shoes, socks, books, Wii controllers, etc. all over the place.

Did Step Blast Combos 1-3 Premix last night and this morning I went for a 40 min. walk. My hamstrings are soooo sore! I think it's a combination of all the kicking we've been doing at Dojo and PLB deadlifts and leg presses. I did some extra stretching this morning and that felt good.

Sue

Morning,

Today I will do CC8 on the bike. Have to get to the dentist for a couple of the kids before 9.

Susan, how did the last day of school go? did you get cleaning done? do you have Jules Benson core pilates?

Laurie, glad you are enjoying P90X plus in addition to your running. When does your faire start? Did you have a good volleyball game the other night? At least it probably wasn't as cold. I hope your sisters things are not ruined.

Sue, glad the stretching felt good. I don't miss a day without stretching anymore. funny how the girls gossip more than play. Did they end up losing? When you walk are there a lot of hills by you?

Have a great day all. Hope you are all still above the water. Take care.

Morning BB's,

Today workout was MTV Power Yoga.

My DD's had all their chores done yesterday before I got home. So Mom didn't have to talk to them at all. For some reason I was tired last night. It is either Tony working me hard, or because TTOM is around the corner. That makes me tired too. x(

Karen, Did you all get some t-storms yesterday, we are suppose to be getting some more today. x( We really don't need it. Faire starts the first weekend in July, so not to far away. We won only 1 out of the 3 games, but yes it was much warmer. Didn't have frozen feet at the end. :D

Sue, I'm curious too about how your DD did last night. I'm kind of hoping that you say both of your kids won their games. :D The yoga I did this morning really helped stretch out my legs a bit. I'm so bad about stretching. Usually I'm concerned about my time, so that I can get to work on time. So stretching usually gets dumped. :D

Susan, Bet you got your house clean from top to bottom before those children got home yesterday! :D Hope you all get to enjoy this beautiful day today, until those storms head our way.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - Yes, we have lots of hills in our neighborhood. None of them are monsters but enough to make walking more challenging.

Laurie - I was hoping DD and DS would both win last night, too. :) Alas, it was not meant to be. I'm tired today, too. but that's nothing new. I need a week of R&R. I guess that'll have to be next week in Atlanta although anytime I travel by myself it's much more stressful than if someone goes with me. Anybody else feel that way?

DD had her 1st softball game last night. It was pretty funny. One of the girls was fixing her makeup in the dugout. The same girl was wearing shorts so short they barely covered her butt cheeks! Another one didn't know she had to run back to base when the ball was caught. Oh my! It was like watching t-ball out there. We parents were joking that tomorrow they need an ALL DAY practice just to get the basics like base running down. LOL They lost terribly but no one cared. It's a Park & Rec league so just for fun.

DS' game was a heartbreak. They were leading up to the 5th inning and then gave up a couple of runs. Since the innings were going so quickly they decided to play another one and our pitcher got tired and we ended up losing. DH doesn't understand why our coach keeps the pitchers in so long. We have 6 decent pitchers so why make one boy throw 3 innings? They have another game on Friday but even so, that's enough time to rest.

Last day of school for the kiddos. DD said they have an all-day softball tournament. Huh??? Why bother going to school? I guess it's because today is a snow makeup day. Originally the last day was supposed to be yesterday. Not sure what DS is doing but he brought home all his school supplies so probably not a lot. I remember having to wash our desks on the last day. And doing crossword puzzles for fun (not to be graded). I guess we were just as bad!

Sue

Hi BB's,

Today I am doing bic/shoulders/triceps from 4DS and a 3 mile sprint workout on the treadmill.

Laurie, glad the chores were done when you got home. I am home with the kids and I can't get them to do all their chores. What did you say to yours? It did T-storm yesterday. I guess my mom and dad got 5 more inches and are so tired from staying up all night emptying pumps and vacumning, they just quit doing it last night at 9 and went to bed.

Sue, Sorry about DS game. So close. Those are hard games to loose, especially if the coach had been thinking the right way it might have happened. DD on the other hand sounds hysterical. I remember in school on the last day doing puzzles and the like too. My mom was a teacher and she said she had them working until the last minute. This year the kids did all sorts of fun things on their last days. Yes, I mean days. The whole last week of school was a joke.

Hi Susan hope things are going well and you survived the last day of school.

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.