Buff Badgers June 2-6

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Hope you all enjoyed the lovely weekend. I did HSC on Sat. and ran 9 miles on Sun. Don't know what to do today. I thought B&G premix and CC on the bike.

The boys enjoyed their first mountain bike race of the season. My brother met them there and did his first Mt. bike race also. My nephew went along with DH and the boys. It sure was a great day for them to be outside.

Glad school is coming to an end. There are so many field trips and things to sign each day. Lots of end of year projects and finals to study for. At least soccer is done for the two youngest. The two older boys still play till the end of June.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

This morning I did a 2m run with Cami, a KB workout that I don't remember the name of :eek: , and BBC Butt Blaster workout.

On Saturday I did a timed run of 60 min, so I think I was able to get in 6m. I also did BBC Adv Upper Body workout. DD15 came home Saturday night with her metal, and a cool T-Shirt. Had her name on the back, event, state champs and she included Alternate. She felt that it wouldn't be fair to the girls that ran the race not to include that.

Sunday I didn't work out, we where at rehearsals for faire. What a beautiful day to be outside. I was very tired at the end of the day though. :)

Karen, I hear ya on the running around with the kids. My oldest actually walks her butt off the bus today after school. I don't have to run to the school to pick her up. :D They have a banquet tomorrow that I would like to go to, but have to see if my DB can get a sub for VB. To many things to do at one time. :D

Sue & Susan, hope your weekends where good ones.

Laurie

Karen - 9 miles - that's great! Between end of year band concerts and trying to get kids signed up for activities this summer, it's been crazy. And yesterday I helped DD peruse the newspaper for articles containing words like: deficit, trend, arson, juvenile, massacre, abuse. We just have juvenile and massacre left. It's hard. I'd find an article that reference the national DEBT or trade relations with China but didn't contain the word deficit so didn't count. How often do you find a news story with massacre in it? Hopefully not very often. (Yes, we checked the sports page.) Glad the boys had fun at their bike race.

Laurie - DH and I saw an infomercial for the new BBC workouts yesterday morning (that's what happens when you get up at 6:30 a.m. on Sunday for an 8 a.m. game!) and DH thought the pill-shaped stability ball was pretty funny looking. Do you have that? Do you use it?

Busy with the tournament all day Saturday so no workout. Did Rhythmic Step yesterday and Muscle Endurance Timesaver this morning. Dojo tonight.

Had some crappy news this morning. A co-worker of mine who's the same age (graduated from Whitewater at the same time) has cancer. He had a colonoscopy on Friday which is when they discovered it. He had surgery right away on Saturday and they removed half of his large intestine and appendix. They couldn't get it all so he'll be having chemo, radiation or maybe both. We don't have a lot of details other than he'll be in the hospital for 3 weeks. We've worked together for 20+ years so he feels almost like a brother. He has 3 girls - 16, 13 and 11 and is divorced with an "ex-wife from hell". Luckily, his parents live nearby. I feel almost numb from the news.

Sue

Sue, sorry about your co-worker and friend. It seems so many people have cancer. Have fun at Dojo tonight. Hopefully you can find the massacre or maybe it's good you can't.

Laurie, how did practice for the Ren Faire go? You did have a nice day for it.

I ended up doing BBC total body--what a waste of time-- then I did Imax 3 interval only premix using the bike. Wished I would have done some muscle work other than BBC.

All my grocery shopping is done for the week. It sure is getting expensive to eat these days.

Enjoy your day.

Hi all! Finally done running around for the day! LOL!:)

Saturday I hiked with Ruby for an hour and then did some heavy duty cleaning, washing ceilings, walls, floors, cabinets... I was a cleaning machine! Sunday, was running errands, and then soccer practice, baseball practice...

Today was CTX Power Circuit, 30mn walk and 30mn of pilates buns and thighs.

This week is going to be crazy with end of the school year stuff, my neices graduation, baseball, soccer, the list goes on and on...

Karen awesome job on your run! I also agree about the cost of groceries. It seems the healthier you eat, the more costs!

Hi Laurie and Sue!

Sue, I am sorry to hear about your friend. My DH has a friend at work that was just diagnosed with stomache cancer. It's hard.

I'll see you all tomorrow!

Stay strong - Susan

Good Morning,

Today I am doing CC#8 on my bike. I'll try to do BM2 upper today also. Looks like rain.

Susan, your weekend sounds like it was productive. Where do you hike around there?

Take care and enjoy your day.

Morning BB's,

No workout for me yet. I came in to work early today so that I can attend DD15's track banquet. So when DD gets home yesterday she says I need to make a main course. I really don't have anything at home that would fit the bill. I have about an hour to kill (had to wait for my car pick up at 5), so I'm standing in the grocery store trying to figure out what to do. I picked up frozen meatballs, and I made a brown gravy. :D Talk about an easy fix to that. But it took me that whole hour just to figure that out. :7 :7 :7

Sue, So sorry to hear about your friend, will keep the him and his family in my prayers. Yes the BBC infomercial you saw was the one I have. I really like the transformer "pill" more than my stability ball. Guess because it is much more stable. ;-) I have an easier time doing the tricep dips with it than my ball. Hope you are able to find those last two words. Wonder how many students will actually find them.

Karen, The practice went well. The guy that DH fired was lurking in the background. DH did talk to him and told him that he is more than welcome, but the decision is his. Guess he isn't able to make a decision so profound! :7 He feels that DH needs to have a sit down with a mediator! WHAT!! How old are we that we can't talk to each other. ;-)

Susan, That knee sounds like it is doing pretty good, because I don't think that mine could have made it through all you did this weekend. :D Bet you will be glad when this week is over with.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Susan - Good job getting your walks with Ruby, workouts, cleaning, running around and everything else done. Don't you sometimes feel that if you started off with a list of everything you get done in a day (I mean actually seeing it written out on paper), there's no way you'd want to even get out of bed! LOL

Karen - It does look like rain, plus it's cold. I thought summer was here after the nice weekend we had. Guess not. Have fun CCing it on your bike.

Laurie - Good thinking with the meatballs. ;-) Have a good time at DD's banquet. Found out DD can use internet articles for 2 of the words so hopefully Google will come to the rescue! LOL That guy who was lurking around and wants a mediator sounds creepy. Hopefully he'll find somewhere else to hangout.

Dojo was tough last night! We started by running back & forth the length of the room 2x, doing 5 full pushups and repeating 4x. Then we ran to the hanging bags, did 5 roundhouses with same leg w/o stepping down (hard), ran back & forth, did the other leg and did situps until it was our turn again. Then we took turns on either the hanging bags doing roundhouses low and high w/o stepping down or the standing bags doing alternating roundhouses 1-2 so you jumped up to kick on 2 before the 1st leg came down. Very tiring. Situps again while you waited your turn. I didn't mind the situps because it felt like a break to me. Everyone else was whining. :) Then we worked on our reaction time by pairing up and trying to read when your partner would strike. Did you know that when a person tenses up is when their reaction time is the slowest? I didn't. Then we worked on brush/trap/strike while constantly moving and ended up with Hapkido (rolling on the floor and putting your partner in a shoulder lock). My partner and I thought we were doing pretty well until one of the instructors showed us how to add in bonus pressure points to really incapacitate the person! Sounds fun, huh? :D She did it on me and trust me, it works!

So this morning I was sore and tired. Even my DD complained about being sore so it's not just my 43 y/o body complaining! DD is performing 1 number with the 8th grade band so we're going to the concert tonight. I hope (cross my fingers) there's time to do a light cardio afterwards.

Sue

Hi all!

Sue, that sounds like a neat Dojo class last night! Bet it was a good workout!

Today is the elliptical (Hear rate Exreme) for 40mn followed by lower body work. I am going to try the "freestyle" program where you work your lower body about 6 times a week to reduce the size etc. It incorporates a lot of lunges! I am also adding in my lower body pilates. We'll see if it works.

have a good night! Susan

Hello BB's,

Today I am doing CC8 on the treadmill and and GS legs floorwork. I love CC8 it is great!!

Laurie, how was the banquet? Did it leave time for you to get your run in? Good idea on the meatballs. Sometimes the best ideas take the longest. It have a hard time coming up with meals in advance, let alone on short notice.

Sue, funny about people whining in Dojo about situps. Sounds like you had a great workout. Did you enjoy DD's concert? Hope you got your cardio in.

Susan, freestyle legs --do you have list of exercies you do for this. Is freesyle just lighter weights, no weights or different parts? I've heard of this, never could figure out how it worked. Enlighten me.

Have a great day.

HI there!

So far today I took Ruby for her walk and I walked the kids to school for "National Walk to School Day", that took 30mn. My DS has an early soccer game so I'll be busy until about 7pm but I do hope to squeeze in something more!

Laurie, did you enjoy the banquet?

Sue, how was the concert?

Karen, in freestyle, the main exercise is lunges (front,rear,crossover,side) and plies. They recommend you do at least 3 sets to failure (4-6 days/week) with little to no weight but really focus on squeezing the muscle. The philoshpy is by "over training" the muscle, you will break it down there by reducing its size. Instead of in strength training where you use med. to heavy weights and fewer reps. I did this method about 4 years ago, and I lost a lot of inches so I am giving it another try. You get sore for the first week but after that its a bit easier. I also add in pilates exercises for the legs and glutes too. For cardio they say 30-45mn 4-5 times a week. They also encourage circuit training for it. Right now my rear and inner thighs are tight! I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a good day ladies! Susan

Susan - I've thought about trying Freestyle but never have. Let us know how it works for you.

Karen - Is CC8 new? I don't keep up with all the CC/Itrain stuff. What makes this one so good?

Concert was great! DD was 1 of only 2 7th graders invited to play "Baby Elephant Walk" along with a couple of high school kids and some adults. (DD plays the barritone and tubas and barritones were featured in this song.) I was grinning from ear to ear with pride. :) That's the only number DD participated in but we stayed for the whole thing. It's unbelievable how good these kids are after 4 years of band.

Going to the Brewer Game today. We get to leave around noon and enjoy the game from the company box suite. Our CFO is retiring at the end of the year so he's treating Accounting and IT today. :)

No workout yet today. Didn't get anything in last night either. Oh, well. . .

Bonne journée!
(Have a great day! )

Sue

Morning BB's,

Yesterday I managed to get in the TM cardio from BBC Chest & Back. Killer workout with inclines. Rich leads the class, and he wanted me to run at a 10.0 pace with a 7 incline for 2 min. Ya right, I had to take that pace down to 9.0 in order to not fall of the TM. :D Today I managed to get in a easy 2m run. I just thought it would be best that I didn't run in the fog. Was thinking that I would do Power Hour when I get home from work. I have not done that one in a long time.

Sue, That class sounded like a goodie for you. Have fun at the game today, they have been on a winning streak lately. Hope they continue. :D Good for your DD at the concert. That is exactly how I felt with my youngest DD's dance recital. You know that they worked so hard.

Susan, Sounds like you have a great idea for your summer workout plans. I have heard some people have gotten some great results by doing freestyle. Glad those legs are talking to you, that means you are working them good.

Karen, The banquet was a good time, and some crying did happen. Mostly by the seniors. The seniors received the bar that goes across the hurdles. Each coach signed them, and they said that the girls could put them up in their dorm room. The food turned out to be good, but apparenly the boys had their food catered. That is what they did for X Country, and I found that to be a much better option. That is probably because the boys coach also coaches XCountry. :D Yes please let me know what the CC8 is like, I will have to get that one to I am sure. :D

Have a great day,

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Today I am doing CC7 and legs/abs from All Pump Extreme.

The last two cardio coaches are awesome. The music, the coaching and the motivation to keep going. I just don't want them to end. I could use them everyday and almost do. The challenges are great, longer in 8 than in any other. I am no good at reviews but on open discussion there are reviews.

Susan, thanks for the info on freestyle. I really like using videos to workout. Don't know if I'd exercise if I didn't have videos or my wonderful CC's. Hope you managed to get in a workout last night. How did the soccer game go?

Laurie, great job on the treadmill. That's why I want a treadmill that goes up higher than 8. You got a great a great challenge which I can't get on my old treadmill. Yesterday I ran on an incline for 6 miles but don't even know what incline because I just did it manually.

Sue, how was the Brewer game? It's neat DD got to be one of the only 7 graders to be in concert. Did you say she is not going to play in band next year? Is it a busy week with baseball thrown in?

Have a good day all.

HI there!

Karen, I am going to have to look into those cardio coaches! As for me, I actually like working out on my own. I am pretty hard on myself so I get a good workout!

I was supposed to chaperone my DS field trip today but it was canceled due to the rain. We'll be going next Monday or Tuesday instead. My DS was not happy.... His game was very tough last night. They played an undefeated team. They lost 2-1. but they gave it their all! They have nothing to be ashamed about!

We're going to take the kids to a TimberRattler game tonight. My DH wants the free baseball hat! :p They are only giving them to adults so I told the DS if I don't like it, he can have mine.

I have tons of errands to do today but hope to get in Bootcamp plus some extra leg work. Yesterday, I only got to squeeze in some pilates abs and leg work (40mn).

Have a good day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today I have only walked the dog. :D Will probably do Kimberly Spreens Absolute KB workout when I get home, will see. I need to keep my legs rested for the 5K on Saturday. I'm taking Monday as a vacation day, DD15 has a party that she wants to go to. Hey I need a day off of work too.

Karen, Just your enthusiasm about CC7 & 8 make me want them. It is fun having the readout on my TM, just keep looking at those garage sales. There has to be someone willing to get rid of their tm cheap. :D

Susan, You are right, your DS's team has nothing to feel bad about. It looks like they where playing great defense with such a low scoring game. Sounds like a fun time for you tonight, I'm guessing that the Timber Rattler's are a Minor League team?

Sue, You must have had a great time at the game yesterday. What a great win!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Susan - I admire the way you always get in some kind of workout no matter how busy you are.

Karen - Brewer game was great. They won 10-1. Corey Hart had an infield homerun that scored 3 runs. I won $8 for picking brat to win the sausage race. DD is continuing with band next year. She thought about switching from baritone to trombone but changed her mind. It's a very busy week with baseball and everything else going on. DD lost some of her newspaper articles for her project so I spent 3 hours helping her look for new ones. Ugh! So much for getting a workout in last night.

Laurie - You're right - I had a great time at the game. So exciting to cheer for a team that's winning. Hope you have good weather for your 5K on Saturday. You'll do great I'm sure.

This morning I did most of Ripped to the Core (all except triceps and abs). Will do those segments either tonight or tomorrow. Dojo tonight. Hopefully it's another kick butt workout like Monday was.

Sue

Good Morning,

Today I am doing CC7 on the spin bike and then rewind and do a run on the treadmill to CC7(at least part of it) Tomorrow I am hoping for a tandem ride with DH, if not I'll take off and run on Sun. or tandem then.

Susan, how was the game. Who got the hat? To bad about the field trip being cancelled. Are they out of school already when they have to go back for the field trip? Our kids are out at the end of today. Great workouts.

Laurie, good luck on the race tomorrow. I know you will do really great. Post here on Sat and let me know how you did? I'll check and I hope you have fun. Did you end up doing Kickbox last night? What is DD 15 schedule looking like for running this summer?

Sue, Bummer about DD losing her articles. How frustrating. Glad you enjoyed the Brewer game. Did you get a great workout at Dojo last night?

Have a great weekend.

Hello all!

Karen, the game was fun but we ended up leaving early due to rain. My DH and I got the free hats and they were really nice. Too big for my little guys head though! One of the players threw my DS a ball that he hit a homerun with,so that made him happy and I also was given a free T-shirt! We had great seats, right behind their dug-out. They are the minor league team for the Seattle Mariners. We are going to take them to a Brewer game in August I think.

I am having such a busy, frustrating week! I just want it to be over! The kids are not done with school until 3pm next Wednesday! The field trip was re-scheduled for Tuesday. The plumber was supposed to come yesterday "some time in the morning". So I did not workout in the morning cause I didn't want to be in the middle of it when he came. Anyway, then he called and said it would be "sometime in the afternoon" because he was having problems at his other job site. So I waited again, and then I had to get ready for the game and never got my good workout in! While I was waiting for him though, I did lunges in the living room. 200 of them! My legs are just a little tight today! So,the plumber ended up coming when we were at the game. It's an outside, sump pump problem we're having. He wasn't able to fix it and needs to come back this morning(so he says). I also am going to the school to have a picnic with the kids over lunch, if its not raining again. I have to pull the kids out of school early today because we have my niece's graduation this afternoon. Can you hear the frustration building?? LOL! Anyway, tomorrow starts off fresh with no plans for my weekend. I have told everyone I get my workouts in with no interruptions for the next week or else!

Laurie, Best of luck in your race Saturday! I'll be rootin' for you from here!

Sue, hope you enjoy your weekend! Is work getting a little better this week?

Take care- Susan

Morning BB's,

Today I did Kenpo+, and that will be it for today. Dont' want to work those legs too hard. :D

DH got the management position that he applied for, so he is now Manager of Technical Facilities. That means that he will be home in the evenings, and that will mean a big change for us girls. :7 :7

Sue, How was Dojo last night. Did they give you a good workout? Dang on the articles that your DD lost. Hope the wind dies down before tomorrow, it sure was windy this morning.

Karen, LOL about your rewind of CC7, you are doing some great workouts with those CC's. I will make sure that I post my results tomorrow. I actually didn't do a KB workout yesterday. I had forgotten it was Thursday, and the girls and I went to church. I am so happy that our church as services during the week. I didn't get a chance to see what DD's running schedule is like. Will have to ask her tonight.

Susan, Sounds like you had a great time at the game, even though it ended up raining. Wow on your last couple of days, very frustrating having to wait for someone like that. Have a great time at the graduaction today. LOL about putting your foot down on the workout front. I have done that also, because it seems as if my day is made for me instead of me making the day mine. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.