Buff Badgers: December 2-6

MKEMom

Cathlete
Hi ladies! So, did you hear Cathe's coming back to Wisconsin???? :eek: I would LOVE to go again, but I don't think I can afford it. I've got some mulling over to do until the tickets go on sale :)

I had a great Thanksgiving. On Thursday I did two X10 segments and NROLW 1B. Friday I did the PRS premix that uses three combos from each workout. Great workout. I loved it. I took off Saturday and Sunday (oops...:eek:) and today I did NROLW1A. I'm down to 10 reps, and I increased weight on everything except the squat, which I changed from a dumbbell squat to a goblet squat. I felt I wasn't getting good range of motion with dumbbells at my sides.

Food was great on Thursday, and I enjoyed leftovers, but I'm ready to move on. I started jotting down my food today. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it going longer than the two days I usually manage :eek:

Have a great day everyone!

Hello,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was very nice.

Thursday I did All Out Low Impact HiiT and Stretch Max. Friday I did FlexTrain, Saturday I did X10 Hi/Lo, Low Impact, and Cardio Blast. Sunday was a rest day. This morning I did SuperCuts Extreme premix.

Friday early evening I was on my way to my acupuncture appt and at stop & go lights while I was waiting to go I got rear-ended. Thankfully she didn't hit me really hard. She did some damage which we do plan on getting fixed. I did have a really bad headache all day Saturday and my low back tightened up on me. I was able to reschedule my acupuncture appt. to Saturday and it helped a lot.

Supposedly the basement should be painted by Friday so the DH can start working on the other stuff that needs to get done in my workout area. We only have this month to get it ready for Jan. for when I start training my new client.

Sam - OMG..... I did not hear that Cathe is coming back to WI. I so badly want to go. Is there a thread on it or was it in the newsletter, which I haven't looked at them that close lately. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Sam - I saw the thread for the 2014 Road Trip. I soooo badly want to go again. I already put a bug in DH's ear. He's going snowmobiling in Canada for 10 days in Feb so I think I should be able to do a weekend at the Grand Geneva. :) I'll let you know what I decide.

Good Morning!

This morning I did Hardstrikes and the kickbox cardio from ROKO and about 1/2 of the glove portion. Had fun with the workout.

I talked to DH about doing the Cathe RT in 2014 and he didn't even hesitate. He knows how much fun I had last time. Yeah.. I'll be going once tickets go on sale. :D

Enjoy your day!
Brenda

Sam and Brenda ---I saw the RT info. Although I would love a destination trip, I just don't think I can swing it either right now since this trip would require me to purchase a plane ticket. I hope to go on another RT in the future.

We had 4 guests for Thanksgiving. One of my cousins who just graduated from high school and joined the Air Force was about 2 1/2 hours away doing some training before her permanent station. We were able to go get her and let her spend the holidays with her. It was nice having her visit. She has never been here before so it was fun. My brother joined us for dinner along with DH's nephew and nephew's girlfriend. Did a little mid-day shopping on Friday and caught on movie on Saturday.

I think I got in 3 workouts last week. I really need to get back to 5 days a week. My workouts have been closer to 3 days the last two months and that really doesn't work for keeping my body in the shape that I like for it to be in. At least not for the way I like to eat.

This week has been Xtrain. Monday was Chest, Shoulders and Back and yesterday was Tabatacise and Today was Cardio Leg Blast followed by 200 walking lunges. I must say I thought those walking lunges were really tough when I first did part of the rock bottoms rotation. I am going to add on some lunges to my workouts when I can. Maybe not 300.....but 200

Good Morning!

This morning I did Travel Fit. I like using my new monster band for some of these exercises. Makes it more difficult.

Hearty - I got a bonus at work so I'm setting some of that money aside for the RT. I'm anxiously waiting for the tickets to go on sale. :D Bummer you won't be able to swing it... it would have been great to meet you in person. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. My nephew was home from the Marines and the had to go back to North Carolina on Tuesday. I did get to see him for a short time while he was home. Hopefully things will calm down for you so you can get back to 5 days a week on the workouts.

Hi Sam!

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Hi ladies. No workout for me yesterday. I had to take the car in to get a leaky tire fixed during my usual workout time, and couldn't get myself out of bed to do it earlier :eek:

Today I did NROLW1B plus I added a finisher of 60 KB swings.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can go on the RT unless DH's income changes drastically in the next month. He's been waiting for this new job for 18 months and we've pretty much run out of extra money. Actually, he's kind of reached a breaking point with this particular job he was supposed to get, and if it doesn't pan out in a week or two, he's going to look elsewhere... so it's POSSIBLE his income would change, but definitely not something I could count on.

Brenda- Exciting for you, for sure! You should try to recruit a couple more people to our check-in. We've been a bit lean these days :)

Heartymax- Someday I'd really like to get to the Glassboro trip to see the studio and meet the crew. If only plane tickets weren't so dang expensive. I've been having some trouble getting in all my workouts lately, too. There's so much stuff I want to do around the house this time of year. I would just accept it, but I also like to eat a lot this time of year:p

Have a great day, everyone.

Sam---I had a chance to take my van in for a much overdue oil change yesterday. The mechanic said I need to give attention to a few other things so I hope to get to those soon.

Brenda---Educators only wish for things like bonuses:D. What a perfect time so you can plan for the RT.

It's TTOM but I was determined not to let anything slow me down since I am trying to get in my 5 to 6 workouts this week. I was planning to do cardio, but figured I would managed to get through as strength training better so I decided to do Xtrain Bi's and Tri's. Those kickbacks in the plank position are really tough. I still had my step out from the other day so I used my step for the plank position....::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello!!

This morning I did All Out LI HiiT and stretch max with the stability ball. I like the one with no equipment the best.

Dry waller finally finished yesterday so the painter is in today and will be taping & texturing, I think. He should be done with the painting on Monday. YEAH!!! :D Then we can start working on everything else that needs to get done but I think once the painting is done the progress will move faster because it will be back in our control. We're getting there. I really want to put wall decals up with motivational sayings in my workout area. Has anyone had any experience with the wall decals? Good idea.. bad idea???

Sam - If it wasn't for my bonus at work, not sure exactly how I would swing the RT. It was perfect timing. That must be frustrating for your DH with the job situation. This weekend I'm focusing on Christmas stuff (shopping and decorating). I'll see what I can do about recruiting other people for our check-in. ;) Hopefully it'll pick back up after the holidays.

Hearty - I so miss my heavy weight workouts. The heaviest I brought up in my temporary workout area was 15's. Can't wait to get back to those. I agree, those kickbacks in the plank are hard. I have a harder time with one side than the other.

The cold weather is here and it's only going to get worse so stay warm!

Take Care!
Brenda

Happy Friday!!!

This morning I did Afterburn. My left knee is bothering me after I took a little fall Weds morning. I haven't been the most graceful this week. Monday I ran my right hip into the island in our kitchen. I cut the corner too short and rammed the front of the hip bone. Yeh, it felt great. :rolleyes: Tuesday when I was doing ROKO when we punch down and then come around and jump into a elbow strike, I whacked my left hand on the light fixture. Then Weds morning, I had to leave a bag of stuff out on our front step for a friend to pick up and it was dark out yet and I stepped wrong and went falling forward and smashed my left knee into the concrete :mad:. It's been bothering me since (worse then normal).

Hi Sam!
Hi Hearty!

Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm!

Brenda

Good morning! It's day one of TTOM today. Yuck. I've got that awful heavy, clunky, bloated feeling. I decided to do CTX All Step with no risers. Even modified that way, I still felt pretty uncomfortable during the jumping. Oh well, at least I managed something.

Brenda- Yes, DH is very frustrated. He's talked to them more this week to try to get a clearer answer from them. Hopefully we'll know more by next week. Your clumsiness sounds like me every day :D

Heartymax- Gotta love TTOM. I thought about going with weights instead. I probably should have, and had a more productive cardio session tomorrow.

Ok. Gotta get the whole downstairs decorated and clean so it's ready to receive a Christmas tree tomorrow morning. I want to get it as soon as possible tomorrow so the branches have fallen and are ready to take lights in the evening.

Have a great weekend!

No workout today but I will get in cardio tomorrow for my 5th workout of tge week. I was exhausted and went to bed early. I used my workout time to type a paper for my 6th grader.

Sam--I remember the job offer. Sorry, but I didn't realize that he had not started the new position.

Hi Brenda.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.