Buff Badgers Dec. 15-19

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today DH and I did Yoga X. I really don't like that workout. We only did the first half of it. I'll do some type of cardio in a bit. He lost 2 1/2 pounds this week. He was hoping for 3. Considering he skipped two workouts this week, that's not bad.

Hope you all had great weekends. It is really chilly here today. -9 with -45 wind chill. I am not sure my doors to the car will even open after the freezing rain we got yesterday.

Keep warm and enjoy your day.:)

Morning!

Today I'm hoping to get to the gym for a swim. DD15 has a English paper that she has to finish, so I'm hoping she gets that done, otherwise I will just take the youngest with me.

Satruday we had a party at our house, and it was well attended and fun. Sunday was church, a little shopping for Cami and then home for the weighted circuit workout, and watching the rest of the Packer game. :(

Karen, Oh you are probably not going to get those car doors open. My car was in the garage, and they stuck just a little bit. Wow very cold up where you are.

Laurie

Happy Monday

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. We went out to Bonefish and had an excellent meal. Then some Christmas shopping afterwards. It is not a good idea to go shopping after a few cocktails. You end up buying more than you want.

Workouts have been going well, Hubby has joined back in again but he doesn't like Cathe. I tried to do KPC with him and he did not enjoy it and walked away. I can't wait for STS to come.

Karen good job with your hubby. Any weight loss is good. Well I am off hope everyone else is doing well and keeping warm.

Hi Ladies! It sure is cold outside! Brrrrr.... Karen, I am glad I am down here where it's a little warmer( -25 wind chill).

My weekend was busy but fun. My workouts were not what they should have been but I did get all my shopping done and my house clean so I don't care! I was supposed to get on the elliptical when I got home from shopping yesterday but I got home much later than expected so that did not happen. Today however, I will be getting on there for about 45mn I think then doing some AB work.

Karen, good job to DH on his weight loss!

Dani, your DH will probably like STS much better (more manly!).

Laurie, enjoy your swim, though the thought of getting myself in a swimsuit gives me shivers!!

Take care, stay warm! Susan

Hi everyone! Today was boot camp. Tomorrow Imax 2. This weekend I got a run in before that arctic air hit!

Karen, did your kids have school? -45 is just about unfathamable!

Laurie, hope you enjoyed your swim.

Susan, nice to have all your shopping done, isn´t it. I guess I am just about there.

Dani, yes, we are all anxiously awaiting STS!

Have a great week...and keep warm!

Good Morning,

Today DH and I did 4DS back/bicep x2. He did really well, he matched Cathe's weights on almost every exercise. Forgot abs, though. oops.

I am heading out for my kids Christmas program at school. It's only -13 here today and that's without windchill.

lala, yes, the kids had school yesterday. Silly superintendant. He doesn't cancel for anything. He cancelled so late last year, kids were stranded at schools and parent's were already at work. It was a mess. Great workouts for you. You are really kicking it up a notch. How far did you go on your run?

Susan, glad you got your shopping done. What a feeling, and with some time to spare. How was your elliptical workout?

Dani, so you ended up with a few more presents than intended. Too funny. Why didn't your DH like KPC, to fast? Nice your DH is back to working out. Yes, STS can't come fast enough.

Laurie, did DD get her paper done before you left for your workout? How was you swim. How far do you swim or do you just go for a certain time? DH and I are going to try your circuit sometime this week. Probably Sat. The doors to my car opened and it started yesterday. Today is another story.

Have to run. Have a great day.

Hi there! Hope you are all staying warm! It's 6 degrees here right now! I hate being cold!! I like snow, hate cold!

Karen, I liked my elliptical yesterday. I did a sports training program for 45mn (5.5 miles). Then some ab work.

I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze a workout in yet today or not. Right after scool/work the kids and I have to go to the store and pick out their Birthday cakes and get some groceries. Then we have to eat an early supper to be out the door by 6:15 for my DD's choir and band Christmas concert. I told her I better be home in time to see the end of Biggest Loser!:p I did manage to walk for 40mn this morning even though I was frozen!

Hope you all have a good day!

Susan

Morning!

So far today I have done a BBC cardio workout, and will tackle Back & Biceps at the gym. Took youngest DD to the gym for a swim yesterday, because oldest was still working on her paper for English.

Dani, I have heard that Bonefish is good, and will take you advice on the drinking/shopping. :) LOL! What he didn't like KPC! :( That's such a fun workout.

Susan, Seems our workouts always get messed up when it comes to holidays. Just to many things to do. I'm just glad that the pool is warmer than a school pool used to be. It makes for a much more pleasurable swim. :D I walked the dog yesterday in that wind, and my fingers where frozen by the time we where done. Of course Cami could have gone another round, but I said no way! :rolleyes:

Lala, It probably will be nice to get STS while you are on Christmas break. I know I will be waiting for it to arrive.

Karen, DD had her paper finished when DD11 and I got home, and she did a good job. I just went for a certain time as far as the swim went. I'm not a very good swimmer, so I swam off and on for 40 min. Glad your car doors opened for you. :D I remember once my Dad had to use the torch to get the car door to shut again after it was opened. LOL! Hope you and DH enjoy my circuit!

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today DH and I did Plyo X and in a few minutes I am going to try out KCM kickbox dvd. DH doesn't like Tony, says he trys to talk like a black man with all the brother stuff. He does like Cathe.:D:D

Susan, glad you got a workout in. So when are you celebrating all your birthdays? It was cold out, great job on getting out there and walking yesterday. How was the Christmas program? Did you make it home for the Biggest Loser? I am so, so happy Michelle won. I was hoping Vicky didn't get it more than anything.

Laurie, I am not a very good swimmer either, probably why I don't go to the pool and swim. Another reason is because it is really, really cold:( Glad DD finished her paper and did a good job. What did youngest DD do while you were swimming?

Hi to all the rest of the BB's. Hope things are going well.

Have a great day.:)

Morning!

Todays workout is Quads & Abs plus will probably do Eoin's Quickie from PY4H.

We are either going to be getting lot's of snow or rain. I just love the way these weather forcast are so dramatic! :rolleyes: Of course my DD's are hoping for snow! :eek:

Karen, LOL about your DH not liking Tony! :eek: You either like him or you don't. :D Youngest DD was swimming too. If she had continued swimming, she probably would have been very good. I'm with you on the Michelle win on BL! I didn't think that Vicky looked healthy, and they had to have put a ton of make-up on these people for the cameras. And I'm sorry if this sounds bad, but they should have given Heba a dress that she could have worn a bra with. That was all that you noticed was her saggy boobs! :eek:

Laurie

Did everyone see the packaging question on the STS forum. There is suppose to be a 100 page user guide included! No that is very nice. :D

Laurie

Hello Ladies,

You guys sound sooo busy. Wow. Susan glad you got all your shopping done. Karen I hope it doesn't get -45 again. Yuck I do not like cold weather. LaLa good job in getting that run in. I have a 5k coming up on the 31st and I hope it will not be in the single digits for temperature.
Hubby just doesn't like Cathe. I think it is because she is a women and he thinks he should be working out to a man. That is probably why he is ok with Tony. I tried to tell him KPC is just like Kenpo x, but he didn't go for it. Oh well. I have a feeling he is not going to like STS too. As long as he works out that is all that is important.
I hope things are going better with your husband Karen. I don't even know what to recommend at this point for him. I think just walking 30mins briskly would be a great start. And he is losing weight which is great.

Well I am off to check out the sts forum. I am getting excited.

Hi Gals,

Looks like everyone is doing well and keeping busy. This week has been hard for me to get online and touch base.

Biggest Loser watchers... I hope you were as happy as I was when Michelle won last night!! I was thrilled for her. She looked awesome!! Granted Heba, Ed, and Vicky all did a wonderful job on losing a bunch of weight I still didn't like the way they played the game. Did you catch the one episode where Bob said the winner of the first Biggest Loser weighs as much today as the first day he walked on the Biggest Loser campus. I was always curious how many of those people actually stuck with it and kept the weight off. It's tough.

I hate this cold weather. Feeling better but keep going back and forth with sinus pressure and sore throat. It hasn't gotten any worse so that's good.

Workouts this week have been good. Monday I did ME, Tuesday I did Imax (still think that's the toughest Imax), and this morning I did HSTA. Really like that workout but I hate the hovering squats over the step. I've been trying to get Christmas wrapped this week. Tonight I got everything wrapped that I can. I only have a couple more presents to buy and hope to get that done this weekend.

Not sure how much I'll be on this week.

Karen - your DH is not alone on not liking Tony. My DH didn't like him either. I don't either because I think he babbles too much during the workouts but I do have to say the couple of DVD's that I have the workouts seem to go fast. I don't do them often because I'm not fond of him.

Stay warm and hope the snow coming Thurs PM/Fri doesn't hit you. There saying 6-12". Yuck!!!

Everyone Take Care!!

Brenda

Hey ladies! Another busy day here with Christmas concerts, work, errands, cleaning, help with homework and the only workout I got in was walking and shoveling this morning. I told myself not get down about it but it frustrates me when I don't workout!:mad:

I was beyond thrilled when Michelle won last night! Awesome job and she was truly beautiful!

I'll catch up more tomorrow ladies! Have to get DS in the shower!

Bye! Susan

Good Morning,

Today DH and I did 4DS chest/tri/shoulders premix. Was suppose to be 2x through but DH had to get to work early. I will do the second set soon plus add on the cardio only of KCM Boot Camp.

I liked KCM kickboxing dvd but as always it takes a bit to get it down.

Laurie, so, what did you get, snow or rain? You must be doing your own workouts because I don't recognize a workout with just quads and abs.

Dani, hope you get some good weather for your 5K. Keeping busy, I see. Are you doing 1rep max to get ready for STS?

Brenda, I hope you start feeling 100% soon. I agree that Imax is the hardest of the maxes. Glad you got most of your shopping done.

Susan, nice job on getting the shoveling done. What, no snowblower? It sounds like you are extremely busy. Take care and make time for yourself too.

Have a nice day.:)

Morning!

Todays workout will be Chest & Triceps.

We are suppose to be getting snow tomorrow morning, and lasting through the day. Sounds like Chicago is going to get it worse than we are. :eek:

Karen, The weather hasn't even gotten to use yet, but our weather forcasters where on top of it yesterday! :eek: :rolleyes: One would think we never get this much snow, but I'm guessing that they have to make news somehow. Yep I'm doing my own thing lately. :D It has actually been quite fun to try. Guess I have gotten more comfortable with my own creations now that I'm headed out to the gym so often. :D

Susan, Tis the season to be busy. Just wish the days would be around longer to enjoy the pre-busy. :D

Brenda, That is always the tough part about buying gifts, having to wrap them all. :eek: I get a little help from my DD's, but they get bored with it way to soon. LOL!

Dani, I love KenpoX too, but then I like KPC also. They are very different in the style in that KPC has more hi/lo type cardio. I think that turns some guys off.

Sue & Lala, hope you are doing ok and that you are able to slow down soon.

Laurie

Hi everyone! So much happens when I miss a few days here! Like all of you, this has been a busy week. Mon was BC, tues IMax2, wed. PushPull, and today KickMax 50 minute premix. I like that one...you get done with the 10 intervals right off the bat. I knew it was 50 minutes and after the intervals I was afraid she was going to do that 2 more times!

Yes, it's been crazy cold here, too, and tonight it looks like lots of snow coming!

Laurie, you are really gettin good use of your gym...and it's getting those creative juices flowing!

Karen and Dani, it's nice that your DHs are trying different workouts! Mine has gotten out the old stationary bike and at least he's doing that. I'm really glad for it.

Susan, you are keeping busy. I only have one DD left in high school, so don't have many concerts to go to.

Have a great Friday and weekend, if I don't get back on!

Hey there! I am SO tired!:( I was up until 12:30 last night wrapping gifts, getting some chores done, ironing DH's clothes for his interview today, and then my alarm went off at 4:30. I ignored it but was out of bed about 5am. I need sleep and am hoping for a snow day tomorrow. I spoke with our Super- Intendent today and he said" It looks like we may get a long weekend". I need it! I have company coming Saturday for the kids B-days and then Sunday we have friends coming to visit from Australia so I need this house in tip top shape!

I would also like a snow day so I can get a kick-butt workout in! Tomorrow night we are invited to a neighborhood Christmas gathering. We'll have to trudge through the snow I think!

See you tomorrow!! Good night ( I hope!)

Susan

Good Morning,

Today DH did CC on the treadmill and I will do either spinning, treadmill or step. I will also add abs in somewhere.

I really liked KCM Bootcamp. I normally am not a fan of bootcamp workouts but hers always seem doable.

How much snow did you guys get or didn't it hit yet?

We are going caroling and to an open house at the parsonage tomorrow night. I don't think I've ever been caroling.

DS10 was going out for a pass on recess yesterday and ran his eye into the metal ball cart. I took him to urgent care and they said no stitches becasue it was to close to his eye and the skin was to thin. They couldn't glue it for the same reason. He has a real shiner today. His eye is almost closed from the swelling. Poor kid. He is tough.

Susan, I hope you get your long weekend and can catch up on some sleep before all your cleaning. Have fun at the Christmas party and with your company. Neat to have visitors from Austrailia.

lala, great workouts. Yes, you never know if Cathe is going to give you extra rounds of anything. She is very tricky.Good DH is geting on a bike.

Laurie, hope you enjoyed Chest/Tri. It is neat you feel so comfortable making up your own workouts and rotations. I am still not there.

Have a great weekend all. Hope you all stay warm and safe.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.