Buff Badgers August 4th

heartymax

Cathlete
Hi Brenda. Hope you had a nice weekend. We drove 2 hours away to an outlet mall to do some back to school shopping. There were some closer, but we decided to just do something different this year. The closer it gets to school, the crazier it will get so we usually go the first weekend of August.

Saturday was a 3 mile run with DH. Sunday was a rest day. Today was Xtrain Burnsets Bi's and Tri's and core 1. It has been a long time since I lifted "heavy" and it felt good. I think doing all the endurance workouts was a good change to mix things up a little, but I do miss the heavy splits. I hope to get a run in this evening with DH.

Hi Hearty, the weekend was okay. Too much drama going on between work and at No No's. At No No's one of our dear friends quit and was told that people were complaining about him and 3 very good customers got thrown under the bus and one of those individuals was my DH. He never complained about this person whatsoever. Will all the political crap I've been dealing with at work, worrying if I'm going to lose my job or not and then this happens. Really?!?!!!??? Enough about that. Saturday I tried my Yogilates (for beginners) DVD. I liked it but nothing I could do to say that was my workout, even though it was on Saturday. I figured I'd was going to be active the rest of the day so that was my way of justifying it but I felt guilty like I didn't workout. I got over it fairly quick though. Sunday I was weeding in my veggie garden all day. This morning I did Supercuts Extreme premix. I hardly got any sleep last night. I couldn't shut my brain down. I saw every hour multiple times. I'm lucky if I got an hours sleep. I've had nights like that but this one was really really bad. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight.

I can't believe families are getting ready for their kids to go back to school. How time flies. I've been doing heavy lifting about every other week. I love XTrain Burn Sets.

Oh... check out my website. Its Fit4You LLC - West Bend, WI. Let me know if you have any issues seeing it or getting to it.

I can only imagine the strain this situation puts on your relationship with the your friend. It's unfortunate that something untrue was shared. Sorry things are a bit stressful right now with work.

I love your website. I remember your logo and it has come to life with the vibrant colors on the web. BTW I noticed your biceps in the picture and you are not even flexing. Wow!!

My body was extremely tired yesterday evening. I ordered pizza and took a nap. I am not working out today either as I think my body is trying to tell me something.

I had a taste for pizza all last week so I made one on Sunday night for dinner. I made my side a little healthier by adding spinach and broccoli. It turned out pretty good. It's good that you listened to your body.

My niece has been putting the website together for me and she's going to add a photo gallery. I'm very happy with the website. I do have to say, I'm proud of my guns. D)

This morning I did Afterburn. My legs always feel that workout. It's all good. It was tough but I made it through.

I photo gallery would be a nice addition. I saw your posting about hoping to get a pic of Cathe wearing the tee you gave her. Even though I never saw an answer, I still have my fingers crossed.

I feel much better today. Someone loaned DH a copy of Insanity. I did disc 5 Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs this morning. I didn't bother with the fit test since I am used to Hiit training. Shaun T cueing is bad but it was a pretty good workout. I remember trying a couple of P90s last year and didn't think it was as hard as a Cathe workout. I am not sure if Pure Cardio wasn't necessary any tougher than Tabatacise either.

I know I'm still keeping my fingers crossed of the picture of Cathe wearing my tee I gave her.

I have Insanity and haven't done it in a super long time. It was too repetitive for me. The pure cardio ones weren't are repetitive as the other workouts. Wonder how I would do know after having done Tabatacise. Maybe someday I will try that. I'm not a P90s fan, it's more Tony Horton than anything. I did try two of the workouts. One was PlyoX and I didn't think it was nearly as hard as some of Cathe's workouts. Cathe just spoils us with her excellent cueing and great workouts. D)

This morning I did Bootcamp. Had a real good workout. I always liked that one. Seems to go fast going from one thing to another.

Oh.... I had a gal ask me last night if I would be interested in working at a retreat in Oct as a personal trainer. Of course I told her I was interested. She has another trainer that is going to do a bootcamp class but she can only do one day and it's a 3 day retreat. I need to talk to her more to find out what day this other gal is taking and how much time I need to fill, and lots more questions. That would be a great opportunity for me and help me get some more exposure.

Great news about the retreat. What a wonderful opportunity for you. A colleague let me borrow P90x last year and I did 2 or 3 of the workouts. She kept saying she could way for me to try the PlyoX. It was easier than any Cathe plyo legs workout. I also thought he was boring. Insanity is not boring but I realized the warm up in today's workout --Cardio Power and Resistance was the EXACT same exercises in the video from yesterday. Really-- he couldn't come up with something different? ??? Anyway, someone let my husband borrow it and I dont see all the disc. I just wanted to check it out. It is nice having a change this week. I take plenty of water break which I do in my Cathe workouts because I know my limits. I noticed the V pushups which is a very different move for me. He said it really helps to sculpt the shoulders. I think any pushups will do that maybe that one gets in from a different angle. I have to be mindful of my form since I am not as familiar with that one.

This morning I did KPC and skipped the crunch part since I did abs yesterday and didn't have the time.

To me Tony Horton babbles a lot. I don't mind Shaun T as an instructor even though his cueing isn't the greatest. In so many of he workouts from Insanity the warm is the same and repeated 3 times if I remember correctly. On some of the others some of the warmup exercises are the same and then he changes a few of them up. I stuck out Insanity for the 60 days. I was very happy to get back to Cathe's workouts. I don't do V push ups... pretty much forgot about those.

Today's workout was the bonus combo for Pyramid. I love that premix Brenda. Doing all those leg presses reminded me when I started doing The Firm 16 years ago how my hips slimmed down from all the leg presses on the wooden box. I still have the 14 inch and the 10 inch box.....LOL.

I will check back in later to read your post. Have a great weekend. I have an early morning meeting with my new principal.

Happy Friday!

This morning I did majority of The Viper from the Terminator DVD. I did the first two cycles and looked at my HR monitor and saw I was already 40 min into the workout and I had two more cycles to go. The last two cycles I skipped the cardio and just did the strength part from ME. Would have been a great workout if I would have had the time to do the entire thing. It was still a good workout with what I did though.

I never did that premix before. There are so many premixes that I haven't done on a lot of her workouts. Sometime I'll just have to experiment. The Firm is still around aren't they? Hope your meeting went well with the principal.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.