Buff Badgers Aug. 27-Aug. 31

kaykay

Cathlete
Hi BB's,

Hope you all had a great weekend. The weather sure was nice. Today I am doing SJP.

I have to run to the dentist for a cleaning today and get DS11 filling replaced. They sure do seem to fall out a lot at this age.

Laurie, I am glad you had nice weather for you last weekend of the faire.

Sue is all your shopping for school supplies and the like done? It is nice DH is walking with you.

Susan, hope you had a relaxing weekend.

Have a good day.

Hello there!

Yes, the weekend was nice. I even finished 2 books!

Today I need to mow the lawn and organize/label all that back-to-school supplies I bought! My DH took my van to work so I am basically stuck here. I am sure I'll find plenty to keep me out of trouble!

Today's workout is KPC folowed by chest/AB work!

Have a good Monday! Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout is CTX Kickbox (cardio) / PUB Abs and Yoga

Had a good weekend at the faire, if it wasn't for one person making my DH's life misserable then all would have been great. I did have a lovely moment with a young man at the faire. I meet him and his family outside the gates. They where waiting for the grandparents to arrive. Both boys where very shy, and I was trying to talk to them. Before I left I said if I happened to see them on the streets of Bristol that I would expect them to hail me with a Good Day! Well I saw them later that day, and the oldest boy walked over and gave me a big hug. Almost made me cry. His brother just kept walking, and still wouldn't look at me. Made my day though. :D

Karen, We have one more weekend, and then we are DONE!!!! Yipeee! Hope your cleaning goes well, I have to get a crown put on one of my teeth. We go to a dentist who is not on our dental plan (but he is good, and I like him). The dentist submitted the quote for the crown to the insurance, and they would only pay $400 of the $1000 that it would cost. They would pay for the cheaper version of a crown, not the good kind. x( Good thing that it also has to go through my DH's insurance also.

Susan, You finished two books, you must be a fast reader. :) I have been trying to get a Agitha Christie book read all summer. I will have more time shortly though.

Sue, Hope your weekend was a good one. Is your back feeling better?

Almost forgot to mentiion that DH and I are celebrating our 19th Wedding Anniversary today. He is working a day shift, and I don't think we will be doing anything special. He did give me a dozen roses, and will be getting me perfume. I still don't know what to do for him besides a big old kiss. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Happy Anniversary!!!!:D Congratulations!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend.

Well, I didn't know it was going to rain again today! So much for mowing my lawn! Grrrrrrrx(

Susan

Laurie, Happy Anniversary and Congratulations. What an accomplishment these days. I am always off by a weekend or so aren't I? Your DH is still having probs with the same person?

Susan, sorry you can't cut the lawn. Had you asked me this morning I could have warned you.

Sue, I forgot to mention-great job on those high kicks. A compliment from a Tae Kwan Do instructor. Way to go on practicing with Cathe kickboxing.

Hi all! It was a good weekend - relaxing AND productive. Plus the weather was great. Today is a different story: Rain, rain go away!

Karen - Hope you cleaning goes well today and the dentist doesn't find any cavities.:) I have more back to school shopping to do but the clothes shopping is done and I did an inventory of all school supplies so I don't end up buying another protractor since we already have 3.

Susan - I hate the feeling of being stranded without a car even when I know I'm not going anywhere. Funny, isn't it? At least you have your Cathe workouts so you can workout without going to a gym.

Laurie - Happy Anniversary! Now's the time to start planting ideas in your DH's head about what to do for #20! ;-) I'm working on a trip to Hawaii but that might not come until #30 when both kids are out of college and if we have any money left to afford it.;-)

Back is feeling almost 100% now. I still have to be careful with some movements but I'm not constantly being nagged by discomfort or pain so that's a good sign:) I think resting on Friday helped. On Saturday I did Imax3 step only premix (no blasts). Yesterday was Cardio & Weights. This one was great because just when my back started to tighten up, it was time to lie down on my step for tricep presses.:) That helped relieve pressure on my back so when I stood up I felt ready to go again.:) This morning I went outside for a 3 mile walk/jog and added on ME abs. I'm still taking it easy but I feel like I'm slowly but surely getting back to normal. Yeah!

We had a meeting with our baseball team yesterday and then a cookout afterwards. We're going to try to get a few practices in before it gets too cold if we can schedule it around the boys' football season which some have started. DS has been watching the Little League World Series on tv and is itching to start practice again. You'd think after last season he'd be discouraged but luckily he's not.

They posted a warning here at work that a GIANT WOLF SPIDER is loose in the shop! They believe it came up from Mexico in a box of parts. Looked it up on the internet and they look creepy. They are poisonous but not lethal and aggressive hunters. The one that's lose is about 2" x 3" which is good size. I'm just glad I hardly ever go out to the shop - only when I'm backing someone up on printers and that girl is here all day.:)

Sue

Okay, I saw the warning sign and it's pretty funny. It says "Wanted: Dead or Alive" and "Reward: 500 pacos" (pesos?) so not nearly as ominous sounding as I was lead to believe. I guess it's true though.

Sue

Hi ladies!

Sue, I hope that spider was caught! I don't mind spiders too much but the big ones are just too creepy!!

I did manage to get the lawn mowed after the rain yesterday. Glad I got it done too!It's nice to finally have a green lawn again!

Today is the elliptical (Sports training workout) for 45mn followed by back work. I also walked for 30mn this morning.

I have a lot of running around to do today since I have my van back!
Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to the N.E.W Zoo in GreenBay.

Talk soon- Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is PLB and Step Blast Premix #14 Combo 1,2,3

Had a nice relaxing evening last night. DH and I didn't do anything special. We plan on having a date night when faire is done. :)

Susan, Have a great time at the Zoo in Green Bay. Good for you getting your lawn mowed. We have a hay field. :)

Karen, DH is still having problems with this same person. And he will be asked to leave at the end of the season. But from what this guy said to him on Sunday you would think that my DH will get in trouble for doing this. Some of these people think they have more power than they actually have.

Sue, So glad that your back is starting to feel better. Funny about the spider, hope the person who finds it wants Pacos for a reward. :) I agree with you on the 20th Anniversary. I'm thinking that I will save the big party for #25. And we are in the same boat with wanting to go somewhere for out 20th. I would like to go on a cruise again. We did that for our honeymoon. It was so relaxing. But then we have to have someone taking care of the girls. I would think my parents would come down for that. But then the money! Have so many other things that the money goes too. :)

Thank you all for the well wishes on our Anniversary. Sometimes it seems as if we just got married yesterday. And then there are those days that it seems we have been married forever. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning BB's,

Today is SH legs and Amy's hi/lo premix.

I can't find any jeans that fit my DD15. They all look like she was poured into them. Any ideas?

Susan, have fun with your sport workout. I really want an elliptical. Glad you got your lawn cut. Have fun at the zoo tomorrow. My DD4 still has not been to a zoo.

Laurie, glad you had a relaxing evening. Now one more reason to get the faire over with to celebrate your anniversary out on a date. Do you guys get paid for doing the faire or is it volunteer?

Sue, did they catch the spider? I am happy your back seems better. How is DH sleeping these days?

Have a wonderful day.

Karen - No ideas on the jeans for your DD15 - sorry! I bought 2 pairs for $15 at Target for DD12 so she will wear pretty much anything. IMO all the teens nowadays look like they're poured into their jeans so maybe that's how they are all cut. Is she picky or can you get away with non-brand name jeans? The cheaper brands I buy for DD are not cut to be form-fitting but then again, she's very slim with no hips since she hasn't reached puberty yet so anything will fit her. Maybe try posting in the Open Discussion forum to see if anyone has ideas. There seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people on the subject. I'm just happy when I find a pair that fits and only recently converted from wearing "Mom jeans".

I think DH is sleeping better although I did find him on the coach in the living room this morning. I think he was just hot though since it was warm in our room.

Susan - Have fun at the zoo. Does N.E.W. stand for something or does it just mean "new"? Your kids will probably be sad to go back to school with all the fun places you've taken them this summer.

Laurie - Ah, date night! :) We used to have these more often but haven't had one in a while now. You and your DH deserve a nice night out after putting up with that guy giving you grief all summer. At least he won't be back next year. Have you found a quicker way of doing PLB or do you just hit pause?

Did Lowmax 1-4 premix plus 8 sets of chest presses and flies (10-16 reps) going heavy. I'm now officially starting work a half hour earlier so I can get home sooner. This means I'll have to adjust my workout schedule or get up earlier. Thinking about splitting it - cardio in the morning and 1-2 body parts at night. The trick is finding the time to do the weights at night. You guys know how it is - things inevitably come up - which is why I like working out in the morning. We'll see how it goes. I'll have to save my longer workouts for the weekend.

Haven't heard if they caught the spider yet. I was paranoid all day yesterday though because I watched a scary spider movie over the weekend. What a coincidence, huh? And then when I got home last night I found a small brown spider in the bathroom. I had to kill it of course before it mutated into one of those huge, killing-machine spiders I saw on TV! LOL

Sue

Hi Sue, I sure hope that spider is caught soon!

Karen, I just bought my DD10 some Lee jeans at Shopko. The reason I like them is because the have slim, regular and plus sizes. The slim fit her a tad too tight for my liking so we got the regular which fits a bit looser. They came in a range of sizes.

The N.E.W stands for North East Wisconsin Zoo!;-) The kids are excited because you get to feed the giraffes up close and personal and they are so pretty. They just got them a year ago. It's a great zoo for kids. Its big enough but not so big. They have a great petting area and playground area. They recently got 2 new lions as well. They are now trying to raise funds for an elephant exhibit!

Speaking of date night. I am so looking forward to my BF's wedding in November! My DH and I will be gone for 2 whole nights by ourselves! I'm the matron of honor so I am really excited. I can't remember the last time we had a weekend alone. It was definetly before children!

Take care- Susan

Good Morning,

Today I am doing CTX upper body and Imax 3 intervals. Last night we went for a tandem ride and tonight we will go on another 18 mile one. I am just along for his recovery rides now.

DD left to go to a fair in Marshfield with a friend and her family until Fri. Sat. morning she leaves with another friend to go to Noah's Ark. The girl is paying for it as the rest of her birthday present.

Went to H.S. open house last night. DD's locker isn't in a great place but she will live. Thurs. night is open house for the other two schools. DS11 is nervous about going into Middle School. He thinks he won't be able to get his locker open and be late for class.

Sue, I haven't done Lowmax in a while, I'll have to pull it out again. Are you adding 1 body part a day to your mix too? It will be a challenge to find time at night to get in your workout, but you can do it.

Susan, you need a weekend with your DH. Glad one is right around the corner.

Laurie, are you starting the X again soon? You have been doing Cathe's Aug. rotation haven't you? When is DD next track meet?

Have a nice day all.

Hi there!

Karen, sounds like you're all ready for school! We have our Open House Thursday as well.

I'm headed to the Zoo which will be a lot of walking and tonight while the DH and DS are at football practice, I will be doing L&G. Woke up late this morning but still managed to get the dog walked!

Have a great day ladies! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today I'm going to do YogaX, and then tomorrow I plan on doing a total body workout. Just wasn't in the mood for PUB today.

DD14 had her first meet yesterday. It was so hot and humid that two girls where taken to the hospital and a bunch went down from the heat. DD finished 16th and was the only freshman that finished in the top 20 for the JV team. Both her coaches where really proud of her,and so was I. Expected her to come in around the 20's or 30's. There where 8 schools at this meet. The funny thing is that you couldn't wipe the smile off the girls face, until she came home and crashed on the couch. :D

Karen, I don't know if you can get to one, but Old Navy has been the best place I have found for jeans. Even for myself. What I like is that they have many different rises for jeans. And the jeans run in the $20 range. I also recommend Farm and Fleet or Fleet/Farm (we have both around here), they have a wide variety. I probably won't be doing another P90X until the end of this year or beginning of next year. I have been looking at a Look Great In 8 type of rotation. We have DD10's open house tonight, and DD14's is tomorrow. My oldest had the same fears as your DS does. They actually do something different at the MS and HS here. The first day only the 7th grade and Freshman are at the schools. I think this helpful to them.

Susan, Totally understand about the date night or any weekend away from them. We all need it. :) Have fun at the zoo!

Sue, Had to LOL at the spider and the spider movie. I noticed that they had been playing Arachnophobia recently. That movie gave me the creeps. Kind of like those scarabs in The Mummy. x( I think that the new 4 Day Splits will be good for your new schedule. You could do the cardio in the morning and the weights at night.

Have to go cool myself down, I'm dying in this heat. My office is over 85 deg now.

Laurie

Morning, BBs!

Karen - DD12 is starting middle school, too and I think I'm the one (not her) that's nervous about lockers, combinations, and being late to class! She has ADD so her new responsibilities will be a challenge to her. I've got to stop worrying about her all the time which is hard to do. Yes, I'm trying the 1 body part per day plan. I'm also trying to get more jogging in. Sounds like you have a tough workout in store for you today.

Laurie - Yes, the 4 day split sounds perfect for me. I'd be doing CTX but it feels like I've done those cardio workouts 100 times. Forgot about Old Navy. I've bought a few things for the kids there - jeans being one of them and they were a nice classic fit.

Susan - How exciting being in your friend's wedding! And 2 days away from your kids will seem like a 2nd honeymoon! We don't get a weekend away either either since 3 out of 4 grandparents have passed away and my mom is 85 and doesn't drive.

Went outside for a 3 mile jog/walk this morning. Humid but at least I beat the rain. Did 7 sets of bicep curls and hammers.

DD12 and I went to her Open House last night. We walked through her schedule and "saw" all her teachers (can't say we met them cuz there wasn't enough time). Tonight I have an Open House for DS10 and a jewelry party. Busy, busy. . .

Had a dream about a giant spider last night. Hmmm. . . wonder where that came from?;-)

Sue

Sue, my DS11 has ADD also. Have fun at the open house and your jewlery party. Any more news on the spider?

laurie, thanks for the idea about Old Navy. I'll try to get to Eau Claire before school starts. Is the rotation you are looking at the one with circuit week, heavy week, high rep week, supersets...? I printed one like that off at VF. I am contemplating doing that one because it has so many different workouts you can do.

Hi BB's,

Today I am doing coremax and a 3 mile run 5x60 sec all out with 15 min warmup and 5 min cooldown.

Laurie, Congrats to DD on the great finish. It sounds like some of her nervousness since last year is gone. She should have a great year. Has she done anymore upper body workouts with you lately?

Sue and Susan, happy walking. Have a nice day.

HI everyone!

The Zoo was fun yesterday. They had some new animals there. The kids loved it. I walked a lot! Last night I did L&G as well.

Today I did the elliptical followed by shoulders and Ab work.

Sue, did you like the jewlery party?

Any big plans for the weekend ladies? We'll be camping!

Have a great day - Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is Gabby Reece Total Body Workout. Yesterday when I got home, I had to deal with a minor problem. So I didn't have enough time to do YogaX. I did Bryan Kest's Power Yoga Tone instead. Still want to get YogaX in again.

Went to DD10's open house last night, and now I have a mountain of paperwork to fill out. :) I just wonder why we have to fill out the paperwork every dang year! :) Oh well.

Karen, Yep that is the rotation that I have been looking at. The workout that I am trying out today is one that I will be using as a circuit. After doing this one tonight, then I will use my Yoga yesterday as the recreational cardio. I will be off the rotation for three days (because of faire), but then I will have my off day on Saturday. This to me is awsome. I think that Cathe's new series may be a great fit as the heavy week (will have to see when we get them). I have found that I really need a structure, so I know what to do each day. This rotation also incorporates flexability training into it. Alot of Cathe's rotations do not incoporate it, and me being the way I am will just not add it into the rotation. Stupid of me I know. :D

Sue, Did you have another dream about spiders. :D Hopefully the new workouts will get to us soon. I can't wait to see what she has come up with on the weights. I know her cardio will be great.

Susan, Have you walked the dog everyday? And the reason I ask this is if your dog doesn't get to walk everyday, does it remind you of it? :) When we start looking aggressivly for our new dog (which will be next week), I was planning on walking her/him everyday. Will I have a dog that comes to the side of my bed with her/his leash in its mouth? :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.