Buff Badgers 9/4-9/7

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Workout: Gabby Reece Total Body / Bootcamp cardio only Premix with 1 min rest inbetween.

Both DD's are off to school. And I have to admitt that I had a few tears in my eyes watching my oldest get on the bus. ;(

Sue, Did you get a chance to go to the Highland Games. We have friends that go to that every year.

Karen, Check out Fridays post, I did answer your question. Wanted to make sure you saw it.

Susan, Hope your day is a good one.

Chat with you later,

Laurie

Laurie - We had sick kids all weekend so we didn't make it to the Highland Games.:-( It's too bad because the kids were excited about seeing men in kilts hurling heavy logs and such. After 3 days of high fevers and no positive results on the strep culture, I called our doc on Sunday. She prescribed an antibiiotic for both just to play it safe and the fevers went away. Now just persistent coughing.

Hi, Karen & Susan! Hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather and maybe went on a picnic or something.

Did Shoulders and Tris on Saturday - that was it. On Sunday I did the 1st half of Cardio Kicks + RS Challenge 2x. Monday was Viper. This morning was Power Circuit abs + Mission Possible. My back still tightens up now and then but if I lay down and straighten my back, it releases the kinks and then I'm good as new. This whole back issue is foreign territory to me. I've never had back trouble before and I definitely think twice now before lifting anything heavy.

DD12 starts Middle School today. I'm a nervous wreck today worrying about how she's going to handle everything. Just hope if she needs help, she asks for it. She panicked a bit this morning when she realized she didn't know her locker # until I reminded her it wasn't assigned yet and won't be until her 1st hour class today. At least we had no problems getting her up at 6:15 (bus comes at 7). She's used to sleeping until 7:30 or 7:45 for elementary school and all summer long. DS10 was up at 5:15 and showered and ready to go by 6! He doesn't need to leave the house until 8 so a full 2 hours early. Did you think he was a little excited?;-)

Sue

Hi,

Hope everyones day is going well. DD4 has been sick since Fri. first she through up then for 3 days she has had a fever. Sun it was 104 and has been holding between 100 and 102 for two days now. Her throat has been sore since yesterday and she doesn't eat or drink much. I am debating if I should take her in or if it's just the flu and it will pass.

Susan, sorry to hear you children have been sick too. I wonder why all the fevers lately. I hope all went well at school for you kids. It sounds like you got some good workouts in over the weekend.

Laurie, Yea now you can sleep in on your weekends.

Hi Susan

I did GS legs and SH back today. Wasted a lot of time on trying to reprogram my tv after the remote quit working.

Talk later.

Karen - That was exactly my dilemna, too - call the doc or just let the flu or whatever run its course. If its viral they can't do anything anyway. Hugs to your little one and hope she feels better soon.

Sue

Hi Ladies! What a busy day! First day of school and my Dh is buying a different car so I had to deal with getting the loan and all that stuff.

I too was sad to watch the kids set off for school today. They just keep grwoing up ya know?!

The weekend was fun. We went camping with friends and had a lot of laughs. Glad to be back though.

Today is Pilates for an hour. I need some good stretching!

Take care! Susan

Morning BB's,

Sorry so short yesterday but it was a long day. I ended up taking Emily to emergency around 5:30 last night because the urgi care was booked up and her fever was headed up to 103 again and she wouldn't drink anything because her throat hurt. It seems it is just a nasty virus after 3 hours of blood work, urine samples and chest exrays to rule out walking pnenominia. Now she has the croup cough also. He said it could be another couple days.

Today I am going to try to get in SH shoulders and Imax 3 blast premix, and abs.

Sue you should try a chiro for your back. How did your DD make out at school? Is mission possible a Christi Taylor workout. Thanks for the hugs for DD.

Hi Laurie hope you are getting a little relaxing in now the kids are off to school. DD15 had an uneventful day at school yesterday. She doesn't like her classes. As freshman they have to take all the beginning classes which aren't as fun as the specific courses they can take after they get the basics.

Hi Susan, Glad you had a fun time camping. It sounds like it was a nice last weekend before school.

Morning BB's,

Workout: Tae Bo Celebrity Fit Sculpt

Both DD's had a good first day of school. Oldest said she didn't like her math teacher. She confessed that she didn't like her because she was so strict. :7 :7 Guess she can't be lazy in math! :7 I forgot to mention that DD14 has moved from the JV team to Varsity. Her next meet on Saturday she is running with the big girls. :D I'm very proud of her. Friday she came in 15th out of 250 girls. One of the girls on varsity is suffering too much from her asthmia, so they are taking her off varsity.

Susan, Glad your camping trip was fun. Oh how fun to get a new car, but you are right the paperwork is not so much fun. :)

Karen, I hope your DD starts getting better soon, how scarry for you. My DD also had a good day, that is too bad that the freshman can only have the basics. Our school they have their requirements, and then they can take one elective. Of course DD took acting! :) Does your DD have Phy Ed. It appears that my DD only has it for two quarters. What is with that!!!

Sue, How did your DD do with her first day of MS. Did you worry for naught? :) So sorry to hear that the kids where sick all weekend. Hope this doesn't get to my kids. x( This flu sounds really nasty. Love that your DS was ready and waiting for his day to start.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie, tell your DD14 congrats. What an accomplishment in her first year in high school. My DD15 only has it one quarter. She just happens to have it first hour this quarter. I guess they don't think that it is that important. The way her schedule goes, she doesn't have math for the first half of the year. Boy with summer too she should have forgotten everything. I may have to go talk to a counsler.

Have a great day.

Karen - It's good you took your DD to the emergency room last night - I would have done the same. It's good peace of mind even if you can't give her anything to make her better quicker. Hopefully this virus will be gone quicker than they say. DD did just fine yesterday at middle school. She was so organized last night and this morning - remembering supplies the teachers told her she needed, getting them from our stockpile, labeling everything. I wondered "Who are you and what have you done with my kid?":+ She did have trouble with her combination lock a couple of times yesterday but found all her classes okay and got on the right bus home.

Laurie - Congrats to DD14 making varsity and coming in 15th! Wow! She must have inherited her athleticism from you.:) Yes, I guess I did worry for naught.;-) DD has come a long way though compared to the struggles we had with her in school a couple of years ago.

Susan - What kind of car did you get? How did the 1st day of school go for your kids?

Speaking of classes, DD seems to have a pretty easy schedule. First off, she has gym EVERY DAY ALL YEAR which surprised me. (In elementary school she only had it twice a week. Don't know about high school.) She also has a drawing class and tech ed (woodworking, screenprinting, etc.) so no homework in any of those classes. She's in band every other day so study hall on alternate days. The only classes she'll have homework in are math, science, language arts and geography!

This morning was MIS upper/abs. If I have time tonight I'll do MIS lower. Didn't feel like doing cardio + 1 body part today and still getting used to my earlier schedule.

Sue

Hi ladies! I too have to get used to this schedule now that we're back to school!

The kids had fun first days back. My DD10 made a new friend and talked non-stop about what everyone was wearing etc.. My DS7 just said "It was alright". Not much of a talker! He was happy to see old friends again.

My DH bought a 2005 Toyota Corolla Sport(4 door). It's is mint condition. The guy gave us a deal on it. My DH keeps saying he doesn't think the guy knew how great of a vehicle he had. He basically gave it away!

I am back to work part time now that the kids are back in school. Today was my first day back. Now I am pooped! In order to get my workouts done in the morning plus walk the dog I have to be up no later than 4:30! Well, that's not happening! I've decided to walk Ruby for 40mn in the mornings and do my workout after school/before dinner. I'll save the weekends for the longer more intense workouts. I love walking in the early morning. It helps me clear my head and get ready for the day ahead so I don't want to give that up!

Karen, I hope your DD is better soon! It's so hard to see our little ones sick like that. You're a good Mom!;)

Sue, my kids both have Phy Ed 3-4 days a week alternating. This is different from last year where they only had it 2-3 days. I was happy to see the added day in there!

Laurie, Congrats to your DD! How exciting for her!

Take care ladies! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today I am doing SH biceps, abs and Rockin Body.

Susan, glad you kids had a good first day of school. The new schedule does take some getting used to. You seem to have figured it out though. Glad you got such a nice car and a great deal. That doesn't happen to often.

Laurie, when is DD's next track meet? What distance is she running again? Did you start a new rotation yet?

Sue, how did you DD get diagnosed with ADD? If it is to personal I don't need to know. Just trying to figure out of DS actually has it or not. Are your kids doing any sports right now?

Have a great day. Oh and remind me not to do GS legs again. I still have DOMS from 2 days ago. That is the only leg workout that gives me DOMS. Go figure.

Morning BB's,

Workout: Gabby Reece Total Body Workout

Had a great time working out with Billy Blank yesterday. It was like an old friend returned. He is the main reason that I got into exercising again. :) So I guess you could say I have a soft spot for his miscounting and doing to many reps on one side. :D

Karen, LOL about the GS Legs, I think it is the endless time you spend on the lunges. :) DD's next meet is on Saturday, so I will finally get a chance to see her run. They run 2.6 miles. And yes I have officially started the LGI8 Rotation. The Gabby workout is my Circuit. I'm still debating between SH or PS for the Heavy. I don't like the leg portion of SH. CTX for the High Rep, and I think that Barry's Bootcamp Weights will work for the Super Set. I really just think that each week they want you to change things up. What I like about the program is that my workouts are usually around 60 min. And I am getting Yoga and running into the rotation.

Susan, And of course our children need to get used to doing homework again. It was like pulling teeth for DD10 to do her math last night. I know she doesn't like math, but come on it is only the 2nd day of school. x( I like when you can get a good car at a great price. Congrats on the new vehicle.

Sue, Good for your DD, and her first day accomplishment. My oldest said she had to carry the map around with her yesterday. The HS has two floors, so she still didn't know exactly where she needed to go. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - It seems everything I do these days gives me DOMS! :) Don't know if that's good or bad. I'll email you on our ADD experience with the kids. It's kind of long and personal. I don't mind telling you guys but not sure who else would read this.

Laurie - I still have yet to do my one and only Billy Blanks tape. One of these days I will be in a Billy mood and try it. I feel the same sentimental way about Gilad because he's the one who got me into working out in college. Then again, after we were married and again after kids.

Susan - Sounds like we're in the same boat because I got up at 4:30 this morning, too! I can't believe you're still walking outside! I gave up after being eaten alive Tuesday night. My legs are still itching as I type this. Sure, I could douse myself with bug spray but then I'd have to shower before bed because I couldn't stand the smell. Pee yew!

This morning was MIS lower + SJP hi/lo segments. Tonight is Dojo. Hope we do some drills. I like those the best.

Sue

Hi everyone! Today was elliptical for 40mn followed by shoulder and arm work. And of course I walked 40mn this morning!;-)

I did Billy Blanks workouts for a while then I got rid of them. Now I have been leaning towards purchasing a couple of his newer ones.

Sue, enjoy Dojo tonight. It sounds like fun!

See you tomorrow! Susan

Morning

Today I am doin SH triceps, abs and Imax 2 blasts. Tomorrow is CC run outside, and SH chest. Sunday I plan on LIC. Haven't done that one but once since we got them.

The boys and DH will be gone at a race in Kewaskum this weekend. Emily still has her fever and a crouping cough. She doesn't eat much or drink much and just lays around and sleeps. I wonder if I should take her back to the Dr. again.

Laurie, have you ever done CC outside running? What is the difference between Supersets and high rep? Have fun watching the track meet tomorrow.

Sue, Thanks for the e-mail. I sometimes wonder if DOMS are a good thing. How did Dojo go? Today is rhyming day.

Susan, is your neighborhood lit so early in the morning? Otherwise it's got to be pitch black.

What are you all doing this weekend?

Have a great day.

Karen - Poor Emily! Check to see if your insurance company has a toll-free number you can call and speak to an RN. Our insurance company gives us a kitchen magnet which we keep on the fridge so it's always handy. I did that on Sunday before I called our doctor and she was very thorough with all the questions she asked and the recommendations she gave. She (or could be a he - guess I'm sexist) can also tell you if they think she should see a doctor.

Dojo was fun last night. Some nights I get more of a workout than others. Last night was one of those nights. We did squat thrusts, spiders, climbers and practiced blocks and kicks.

Laurie - Hope your DD doesn't have to run the in the rain tomorrow. What are you going to do with all your time this weekend now that the Faire is over? Did you and DH ever go on your date? Full of questions today aren't I? ;-)

Susan - Sounds like you got a great deal on your car! Corolla's are always top-rated by Consumer Reports, too. I'd like to get one but DH insists on buying GM. It's funny that your DD was talking about what everyone was wearing at school.:) My DD12 is the exact opposite. All she ever wants to wear is jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes.

This morning was KPC Kicking & Punching 41 min. premix which includes abs. I like this premix because it's just the combos and abs. Gives me a chance to practice my roundhouses, too.;-)

No plans for the weekend other than painting DDs room and installing baseboards. If it's rainy will probably rent some movies.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Workout: Step Heat (no Abs) / Bryan Kest Power Yoga Energize

Weekend plans are as follows: Saturday Watch DD14 race, then go shopping for some school clothes, Chinese food for dinner. :9 Sunday, go to church, run down to Faire grounds to do final cleanup, come home and watch the race and veg out or do some cleaning! :)

Workouts for the weekend will be: Saturday, Rest Sunday, PS Back & Biceps / Barry's Butt & Leg Cardio only.

Sue, I was on another thread and someone suggested doing the workout blender for KPC. They did Combo1, Interm. Drills, Combo2, Hi Drills, Combo 3. Sounded like a good way to do it. Are we suppose to get rain tomorrow? The channel I watch said we wouldn't. Hope that is the case. :) DH and I have yet to make our date, and his work schedule is getting in the way also. x(

Karen, Your DD really got hit hard with this virus. I think that Sue's suggestion is a good one. We also have a nurse that I have called in the past, and they will actually get in touch with your doctor if they don't know for sure. I haven't done CC outside yet. Tell the truth I don't have an i-pod, so I couldn't anyway. :D I'm looking at one for Chistmas though.

Susan, I just love to hear what the kids think are important about school. And of course clothes are very important. HS seems to be stricter in the clothing department than MS was for my DD. :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

Laurie

Karen, I almost forgot about your question reguarding the Hi Rep/Super Set. This is what they have in the description for the rotation.

Hi Reps - Work on the body parts indicated for each day. Choose three exercises for each major muscle group being worked and do three sets of 15--20 reps. Choose weights heavy enough to fatigue your muscles within the suggested rep range.

Superset - This is where you work two muscle groups back to back with no rest. For example, when you train biceps and triceps, you'll do a set of dumbbell curls, then without rest, go straight into an overhead dumbbell extension. Work on the two body parts indicated for each day. Choose three exercises for each major muscle group being worked and do three sets. Choose weights heavy enough to reach muscle failure in 12 reps. Move quickly between exercises, resting as little as possible.

I know Barry's may be a little more hi-rep than 12, but I like this more than Push-Pull.

Laurie

Laurie -

I must have been going by an older weather forecast because I just checked and the forecast calls for thunderstorms this morning, drying up this afternoon and partly cloudy tomorrow. That's good news to me because there's an art fair in Waukesha this weekend that I like to go to. :7

Sue

Hi ladies!

Karen, I sure hope your DD gets well over the weekend! Sometimes those coughs can hang on forever. I know when my DD gets pnuemonia, she gets a bad cough that lasts at least a week.

I am so busy today! I walked early this morning, and yes the streets are well lit. I used to walk back behind the HSchool(it has a back country road) but I can't anymore. It's way to dark and spooky! We have to leave soon to get our family picture taken for the church directory. After that I hope to get some form of exercise in!

Saturday I have to leave by 8:30am to go to Beloit (my hometown) for my BF'S bridal shower. It's about 2.5 hours away. I have to come home that afternoon because I teach Sunday school on Sunday! At least I get to drive my DH's new car! Sue, it's funny how your DH will only buy GM and my DH only likes Honda or Toyota. We currently have a Silhouette minivan, but will be trading it for a Honda minivan it a little while!

Sunday I just have church/school and then the Packer game to watch!

Have fun weekends ladies, whatever you decide to do!

Take care- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.