Buff Badgers 9/27

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be CTX Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps plus Imax2 warm-up and intervals 6-10 of Imax.

What is this I hear, someone blaming me for extra leg work. }( Tell the truth, I found this combination help to strenghthen my legs for running. Gave the legs the jolt they needed. ;) Karen, I have not done a race in many years, guess I'm a big chicken when it comes to that. There is this guy here at work that wanted me to do Al's run, I'm acturally considering it for next year.

DD13 has an intersquad meet tonight, so I'm hoping to get in all my exercises before we need to leave. If I get home quickly, and my boss decides to not have the late meeting he scheduled, then I probably will. Or I will have to wait until 9 or 10 pm. x(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning BB's

Laurie, Thanks for the good idea of leg work with running. I was always afraid to put those two together. You should do a 5K trail run next year when there is one close to you. It sounds like you really like running.

I hope DD13 has a fun time tonight. YOu mean you would really workout at 9 or 10p.m.? I don't think I'd be able to do that.

Have a good day.

Hello fellow BB's!

Was too busy to log on yesterday. Today I will be doing my NordicTrack for 40mins. and then Pilates Advanced for 30mn.

Wet and dreary day ahead. My DH has his golf championship after work. Looks like it'll be a wet one!

Have a great day! Susan

Hello, everyone!

Laurie - No, you got it wrong. I'm not blaming you for extra leg work. I'm blaming you for running PLUS leg work! }( :p ;-) You see, both you and Karen did leg workouts along with running so I was feeling like a bit of a slacker since I ONLY did LL (as if that workout isn't enough on its own - LOL) so I HAD to do 2 miles of brisk walking last night to make up for it. ;-) I did Al's run one year. You could do it no problem. Good luck to your DD at her meet tonight!

Karen - I know what you mean about not wanting to see the doctor unless you have to. I grew up in a family of 12 kids and the only time I went to the doctor was when I fractured my ankle and another time when I was really sick for over 2 weeks. I toughed it out for awhile with my knee, too, but I just got sick of hurting all the time. It was so bad I couldn't even kneel on it. Going up and down stairs hurt, too and we live in a bi-level so that was an issue. Finally I bit the bullet and went to the doctor. He didn't really help much since all he told me to do was rest it. If I remember correctly, he also prescribed some anti-inflammatory meds. Being hurt and having it interfere with your workouts really stinks, doesn't it?

Edited to add: I'm still glad I went to the doc about my knee though since it ruled out the possibility of other injuries.

Speaking of workouts, I did Turbo Jam Punch, Kick and Jam this morning.

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Sue, yes, anything interfereing with workouts is not good. You did a fun workout today. That is the only Turbo Jam workout I like. The rest are to fast. I am glad you got to go for your walk last night. I hear power walking is better for you than running with the same benefit.

Today, I did a 3 mile run, All Step Abs, CTX upper body and Cathes Stretch Max with the ball.

Take care.

Hey Badgers!

I was at the office yesterday cuz my boss has a seminar today, my usual office day. I can't check in from there-no time!

Laurie, thanks for the compliment about my furniture (yesterday). One nice thing about my boys being older (14 and just about 17) is they know how to be careful. Finally!

My ankle is healing faster than usual. I'm hoping to resume workouts by next week. Cross your fingers for me please!
Jill

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.