BUFF BADGERS 9/27-10/01

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Today was P90X Chest & Back along with Ab Ripper X. Got up extra early to get both of those done this morning. I have to get grocery's tonight, so do not want the thought of having to do a workout hanging over my head all day. Probably wouldn't get it done. :confused: I did yardwork all weekend, and now I have a very large pile of brush for the town to pick up. I think that in place of the dead trees, we will be planting a couple of pine trees. :D

Karen, Never got that Tonique workout done, all that bending over to pick up walnuts and then cutting and dragging all the brush was enough for my lower body. Oh and I shouldn't forget taking some LARGE rocks out of the treeline, and making use of them for landscaping. :rolleyes: Now that really is a lower body workout, with all the squatting. I'm going to be doing P90X for four weeks, and then STS Undulating for four weeks. I thought it would be fun to mix the two systems up.

Lala, So both you and Karen didn't have electricity on Friday? That can't be fun. Hope you are able to decide what rotation will be up next for you.

heartymax, WTG on your workouts, isn't if funny how we feel in limbo after we follow a rotation. I have been like that after every rotation I have tried.

Have a wonderful day,

Last edited:
Hi, Am doing Kickbox Surge and Core Redefining today. Sat I did Interval Burn by Michelle Dozois and sun. I did Cardio Stength by her. I think you guys would really like these. They have intensity and kickbox. I really liked them.

Laurie, nice job getting you workout in. Sounds like you had a lower body intensive weekend. No need for Tonique.

Have a great day.

Hi Ladies! Saturday I did the elliptical for 40mn, walked Ruby for 40mn, and mowed the lawn. While out and about this weekend I picked up Turbo Jam "Kick,Punch and Jam". It was only $3 so I had to get it. I watched it while I was on the elliptical and then did the workout Sunday. It was fun. Better than I thought it would be. I thought from the infomercial I would find her to be annoying but she wasn't!

Today was Kick,Punch,& Crunch. :) My legs and booty felt a little sore while doing this today!

Laurie, great job with all that yard work!

Karen, yea, I do like anything Kickbox so I probably would like those workouts!:)

Hi Lala!
Hi Sue!
Hi Hearty Max!

Have a great night!
Go Pack Go!!!
Susan

I did PLB down only and 30 minutes on treadmill on Saturday. Sunday was 45 minute treadmill walk and today was PUB minus the stability ball. I remember that I was scheduled to do push ups this evening after I did two sets of the chest exercises so skipped the rest.

I previewed Cardio Circuit and Core Circuit last night. Yeah---they were still in the shrink wrap and I pre-ordered them last year...YIKES! Don't look like a favorite but maybe after I try them----who knows I may like them.

I hear so much about P90x and what a killer workout that it is from the infomercial.

Hi! Had a ood weeekend...went camping at Hartman Creek. It was beautiful during the day but really cold at night. Sat was a short run and Sat and Sun. lots of hiking.
today was Imax 3. I´m pulling out some oldies for the next month, but when I saw that you were doing the cardio core max, heartymax, I thought that maybe I´ll do that this week!

Laurie, I had electricity, but had heard that some in the MKE area didn´t.

Susan, hope you like the turbo jams...they are some of my favorites!

Karen, who does the kickbox surge and other workouts?

Hi sue!

Good Morning,

Today I am doing Jillians new workout with kettlebells.

Tonight is soccer.:D

Lala, hiking sounds like fun. I have been doing some of my older workouts as well. Kickbox Surge is an Amy Bento workout. The other two I was talking about are Michelle Dozois.

heartymax, nice job on the pyramids. I wish my dvd didn't freeze so I could use it to it's full potential. Both of those workouts you mentioned by Cathe are good workouts. Really like Core Cardio one.

Susan, I have Kick,PUnch and Jam. It was always one of my favorite Turbo Jams because it is more kickboxy than dancy. You are on a kickbox kick.;)

Laurie, Your rotation sounds great. Let me know how you like it. After doing STS, I don't think I could every do P90X again.

Have a great day all. Off to work.:D

Morning All,

Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit for me this morning, what a way to wake up the body. My calf muscles are talking to me right now, and I did have to stop and start periodically during the workout. Mostly it was during the plank work, after the chest work yesterday I think that I was a little fatigued in that area.

Karen, Amy and I have not had a friendly relationship, I have stood and just looked at the tv at times. :eek: At some point I will have to retry the workouts that I have of hers, or give them up. Since you are the kb lady around here, you will have to let us know how Jillian's form is. I will let you know how it goes with this rotation.

Susan, What a terrible ending to that game! 17 penalties, they have to really get that under control if they plan on getting to the super bowl. :rolleyes: Great buy on that workout.

heartymax, WTG on the Pyramid workouts. Guess you suffered the same thing that I did after doing chest work! I really like the Cardio Core Circuit workout, that one is great. It does have a premix on it that is shorter, maybe try that one first.

Lala, Wonderful weekend you had, and sure must have been nice being outdoors. This time of the year was always a fun time camping, cold in the evenings and no bugs! :eek: We only had the electricity turn off for a second, so not to bad.

Have a wonderful day!

Laurie - Yardwork can definitely be a lower body workout. Smart not to try to do that and Tonique. How can you do Insanity workouts in the early a.m.?! :eek: You're amazing.

Karen - I was just reading about how people like Michelle's new workouts. Will have to put them on my wishlist. Anxious to hear what you think of Jillian's kettlebell w/o. I've only done the level 1 w/o once but I thought it gave a decent w/o with 15 lb kb.

Susan - Kick, Punch and Jam is my favorite Turbo Jam. I think Karen is right - it's a little less dancy.

Heartymax - I think you'll like your new Cathes. Lots of new moves and intense without being killer intense (if you know what I mean).

Lala - I love hiking in weather like this. The camping part I can do without. ;)

The end of last week was really bad. I didn't workout Thursday, Friday or Saturday. :( I didn't have time to workout Thursday or Friday and by Saturday I was just exhausted. What do I do when I'm exhausted? I eat! :mad: On Sunday I started anew and did Shred #1 & 2. On Monday I did BFBM Circuits 1-5 before my DD called and needed a ride home. DH was picking up DS so I jumped in the car all sweaty with a towel to mop off and picked her up. When I got home DS wanted to watch the Packer game on the big screen where I workout so I walked the big block around our house (1 mile) instead of doing circuits 6 & 7. This morning I did PUB chest, back and shoulders. Will finish off bis and tris tonight and whatever else I can fit in. Should do abs but I hate doing abs.

I'm on my 3rd day of good eating so need to keep it going so I have more willpower to make it through the busy weekend. It's Homecoming so we have the game, dance and picnic plus DS' football game and a Marching Band competition on Sunday. I'm hoping DD doesn't have to practice for marching band on Saturday afternoon or she won't have much time to get ready for the dance. We still have to figure out shoes and hair.

Did you guys see this update?
http://cathe.com/filming-update-9272010
The premixes look awesome! I'm SO GLAD premixes are back!

Last edited:
Hi all! this a.m. was ME. All I could think of was "what did I do all summer???" It seemed kind of hard :eek: And THEN I thought, wow, what will it be like when I do another STS rotation :eek:

Laurie are you doing the undulating rotaion right now? I think that will be the next one for me, haven´t done that yet

Karen, why will you not go back to P90X? I don´t have that, but my DS does and I´m just curious.

Sue, thanks for the link, I´m looking at it right now. I preordered the DVDs instead of the downloads and am glad to see all the premixes. I guess I like it when the work is done for me! Good luck on your eating, and 3 days in a row is great!!

Hi Heartymax and Susan!

Hi ladies! Today was a 2.5 mile run and P90X Chest/shoulders/tris. I actually really did the shoulders/tri's and only a few of the chest ones. I started the Hal Higdon Couch to 10k. I felt awesome while running today but he says it is imperative that you follow his schedule exactly, so that's what I am going to do! I took Ruby running with me and will continue to do so on the shorter 2-3 mile runs.

Laurie, way to wake up today!:eek: Yes, the game was hard to watch last night. Hoping they pull it together for Sunday!

Sue, it's hard for me to stay on track on the weekends as well. Too many things pulling us in too many directions!

Karen, okay, I want your opinion on the new Jillian workout. Sue already gave hers! I am just leery about what size KB to get. Should I start with 15?

Lala, sounds like a nice weekend! :) I am looking into purchasing a few other Turbos off of ebay..

HeartyMax, Hope you like the new workouts. Sometimes it takes me to do the workout a couple times before I decide whether I like it or not. As for P90X, I really like it. I find that I get bored with it though, so I mix it in with others here and there.

Hope to enjoy Biggest Loser tonight!

Take care- Susan

Today was Mixed Cardio premix from Cardio Fushion....well it was like doing Drill Max all over again since the entire premix is basically drill max except the warm up. I wanted something different since I did Drill Max all last week for my cardio. I guess I had not done this particular premix before and didn't know it was basically DM anyway.

I could barely get through my push ups last night. The chest was definitely burning as I had to do 25 in my 5th set.

Hello to everyone and I hope you are having a great week.

Sue---hang in there, you will get the eating back on track. The weekends are always the toughest for me.

Laurie---yardwork definitely counts for strength and cardio workout

I have to check out the premixes for the Cardio Circuit and Core Circuit. I could use a break from high impact step sometimes. These workouts definitely look pretty intense. Maybe I will try one in the next couple of weeks and give an update.

Good Morning,

Today I am doing Rhythmic Step.:D I liked Jillian's Kettlebell workout. A few exercises I modified because they didn't look safe but they were in the level 2 part. It is a great aerobic/shoulder workout, not so much legs which normal kb workouts seem to hit. I didn't think her form was horrible but she didn't do half of the workout or more anyway. The girl doing the advanced level seemed to have good form. All in all I liked it and thought it was a tough workout. I did level 2 first, then level 1 with a 20lb. kettlebell.

Susan, I would start with a 15 for her workout. For other kettlebell workouts a 20 would be a good start. She doesn't do a lot of swing moves so you need a lighter weight whereas in other workouts they do lots of swing type moves where you can go heavier. Nice job on the run. The couch to 5 starts out with 2.5 miles?:eek: I have to get back to running soon.

Lala, I just didn't click with Tony and I thought the workouts were repetitive and boring and it was just a program I couldn't stick with because it had such a dread factor. No fun. I guess that's why I come back to Cathe. Her workouts are fun and they work. JMHO.

Sue, you are doing a great job of fitting in the exercise when you can and feel up to it. Glad you are doing well on your eating during the week at least. I need to work on that also.

Laurie, you rock doing Insanity in the early morning. I have a hard time with Amy also. This workout didn't seem as hard to follow as some as she actually does more kickbox than hi/lo. She puts out good workouts, just don't enjoy them as much as some other instructors.

heartymax, good job on the pushups. Hope you find some great premixes you like on those dvds.

Both JV/V won soccer games against Hudson last night. Go Warriors. This week is homecoming. Only one out of 4 HS kids at my house are going. Today was crazy day.

Have a great day.

Hello there! Today is Shred 2 & 3 followed by Ab RipperX. Legs are just a little tight after running yesterday.;)

Karen, it was the couch to 10k so maybe that's why he's starting us out a little higher? We have an annual Turkey Trot here where you can walk/run a 2 miler or run a 5 miler. My goal is to be able to do the 5 miler on Thanksgiving! Have fun with RS!

Heartymax, a while back I had done push ups daily and then my shoulder just couldn't take it anymore! That's why I did not do all the chest work yesterday is P90, it was too many push ups for these shoulders to handle!

Have a nice day everyone!

Susan

Morning Ladies,

P90X Shoulders & Arms, that has always been a favorite workout for me. I will be doing One on One Killer Abs after work today, just didn't have the time this morning. I remember that the first week of these workouts, combined with the Phase 1 eating plan made me tired. This to shall pass, so not to worried about that.

Sue, Those weekends are really difficult, stay strong. Looks like you have been doing some great workouts though. I see that you have gotten into the call in the middle of the workout. :eek: I always ended up driving to the school in my exercise clothes. :D

Lala, Hey don't feel so bad about ME, that one gets your heart rate and pump going at the same time. I always hated those crazy 8's in that one, seemed to go on forever. Isn't that when Cathe says she is having an out of body experience? :D I had planned on doing the first phase of P90X, and then following that up with the STS Undulating for the next four weeks. I may change my mind and just continue on with P90X Phase 2, will see how I feel after I've done the same workouts for 3 straight weeks. :D

Susan, Sorry to hear that your shoulder is causing issues. WTG on the run, that is great that it went so well for you. What a great first goal to reach for on your running. Those turkey trots are so fun, but can be so cold too. ;) Give those legs some good stretching today too.

heartymax, Dang on the repetition of workouts. Do take a look at some of those premixes, I'm guessing that they will not be as bad as you think they are. I really like P90X, but it can get repetative after you do the same workouts over and over. You have to really like Tony too, people either love him or hate his personality. :D

Karen, If Amy doesn't have that much hi/lo in the workout, then I just might have to take a look. I'm skipping the Jillian workout, probably the only one of hers that I will not own. :eek: I will buy her new 6 Week Six Pack workout though, sounds like something that I would enjoy. Congrats to the ds's on there wins. My oldest dd is into her homecoming this year, and has something going on all week. I think tonight is the Powder Puff game, she is not playing, but has friends that are.

Have a wonderful day,

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It's just frustrating that at my age (46), I still don't have this eating thing figured out. It's a constant battle - mentally and physically - to overcome at times. Sometimes I think I get tired of fighting because I'm fighting so many other battles. I have to remind myself that the results are worth it. And I don't just mean a lower number on the scale and looking better in my clothes. I mean the health benefits, greater self-confidence, stronger body. . . Just have to keep reminding myself.

Susan - A 5 mile race on Thanksgiving sounds like a great idea. Good 'ol Ruby! :D Wish I had a running buddy. I don't think the cats are up to it. ;) (They're indoor cats anyway.)

Karen - Now I want to try level 2 of Jillian's kb w/o. I bet it was harder doing level 2 and then level 1. Yipee on the soccer wins! Go Warrriors!

Heartymax - I feel about pushups the same way I do about ab work - It's HARD and I don't want to do it! :p Just kidding (sort of).

Continuing my streak this week of eating well and getting my workouts in. :D Last night I did PUB Bis/Tris, Prevention Fight Cellulite Fast cardio and ab work on my own while watching part of Biggest Loser. This morning I did (3) 10 min. workouts from Exercise TV: Leg Slimmer & Toner (Nicole Stewart), 10 Min. Buns & Thigh (Cindy Whitmarsh) and Pilates Abs (Nicole Stewart). Don't know if I'll be able to do anything else tonight. Wednesdays are crazy.

I decided to take a rest day this morning. I was up late preparing a dish that DH volunteered me to make for his job--don't you just love it when they do that.

You ladies seem to have such a variety of workouts. I only Cathe or walk on my treadmill. I love the intensity and always afraid I won't like something else as much or it will just be waaaay to much of a commitment for me.

A friend is trying to get me into yoga! I will see.

I have yet to look for Jillian's workouts via on demand cable, but I need to.

Tomorrow will be upper body weights and I love working the upper body.

did HiiT 30/30 this am. It felt pretty good ;)

Heartymax...sometime those rest days just seem to find us! And yes, my DH has volunteered to bring stuff and then asks me...I usually say no because I have as little time as he :confused:

Susan, way to go on the eating. and ITA with you on the health factor of being at a good weight...especially as we get older ;)

Sue, good workouts. We are going to Cleveland for Thanksgiving but your turkey trot idea made me want to check out if there are any around where I´ll be...thanks!

Laurie, did you get your ab workout in? I usually forgo those in the a.m. thinking I´ll do them when I get home and it usually doesn´t happen :eek:

Karen, Rhythmic step is a fun one...It´s homecoming here, too. And congrats on soccer wins last night! As long as the weather is nice, those sports games are fun to watch!!

Morning Ladies,

Insanity Pure Cardio this morning, and dang that one is tough. Really had a great time with it, just wasn't able to get through the whole thing without having to stop during those standing mountain climbers. :eek: I did get 1:1 Killer Abs done last night, so was happy I did that.

Sue, Keep up the great work on your eating and consistant workouts. Totally understand what you are saying. I to don't understand why I get off track on the eating, but when I'm eating like I should I feel so much better. I'm hoping that I can continue on, and we will help each other. ;) All week has been a good week for me too!

heartymax, I actually started out with TaeBo, and then found Cathe. I progressed onto other instructors, because I found that I enjoyed kickboxing alot. Cathe is great, and she has so much variety so if you are enjoying her workouts continue on. At some point you will either want to try different instructors, or just stick with Cathe. Rest days are always something that our bodies need. ;)

Lala, I just love all of the Hiit workouts! :eek: I do the same thing with ab workouts, so I have to get myself really motivated on the drive home from work. :D To tempting to start talking to the girls, and then have to start dinner. I can take 20 min. from the talking, and prepping. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Heartymax - When I first discovered Cathe 10 years ago I worked out exclusively to Cathe for a long time. While I still love her workouts, I also love the variety of working out to other instructors. Some are just as intense and others less intense. Doing advanced workouts 6 days a week for an hour or more each day is too much for me to sustain which is why I like having intermediate workouts to use as well.

Laurie - It's a deal - we'll help each other. :)

I was SO HUNGRY after dinner last night! I had consumed plenty of calories so I told my stomach it had to wait until morning. Truth is, I was afraid if I ate something I'd keep going and overeat. That's what has gotten me into trouble before.

This morning I did 1 1/2 Leslie miles. Will try to squeeze some more miles in-between dropping off and picking up DS. If I didn't have to feed DD and get her home to do homework I'd stay and walk around the school. I'm off tomorrow. My nephew was supposed to get married tomorrow afternoon so I took off. The wedding was called off but I decided to take the day off anyway. Will do yardwork, housework and laundry. That might be my workout for the day.

Have a great weekend if I don't get time to checkin tomorrow!

Hello!:D This morning I ran 2 miles and after work I did CTX Power Circuits. Tomorrow I run 3 miles, but I think I am going to leave Ruby at home so see how fast I can "really" go. ;)

Laurie, once again, I could not do Insanity that early in the morning! You must be INSANE!:eek:

Sue, good job saying "no " to your tummy. That's my trouble too. I try to keep myself busy so I don't think about it!;)

This weekend is Homecoming for our school district. We are also playing our true rivals so it should be a good game! DD plays for the Middle School band during the parade. Nice thing is the parade goes right in from of our house so we can just sit on the front porch and wave!:D

Heartymax, I did not start adding in other trainers until about 2-3 years ago. I am glad I did because having a mix really helps with boredom or monotony. However, Cathe will always be my favorite!

Hi Lala!
Hi Karen!

Have a great night ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.