Buff Badgers 9/26

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today is a 3-1/5 Mile Run and Leaner Legs.

Was suppose to go to a Partylite party last night. Decided to blow it off and go see my Mom. She is at my sisters right now. Baby is still a cutie, but was a little fussy last night.

Jill, You have great taste in your furniture. I'm still waiting for my girls to be a little older before I start changing furniture in my house. My living room is fine, but my family room will be changed the moment I feel they won't eat cereal on my couch! :7

Karen, great time on your run!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning All,

Today I ran 3 miles and did L&G. I have a cold and am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I have had good experience with the chiro. He fixed my ankle when I couldn't even sit back in childs pose. He did traction on it. It is feeling better today. I still know its there but it's definitely not like yesterday.

Have great workouts. There is another trail run in 2 weeks, do you think I should do it?

Hi, Laurie and Karen! I did Leaner Legs this morning but you guys are making me feel like I should do a 3 mile jog tonight since you both added on to your leg workouts ;-). Actually, I may do a walk tonight after dinner - time and weather permitting.

Karen - I think the decision on another race for your recovering ankle is one you have to make. ;-) Sorry, I'm not much help.

Anyone heard from Marie lately?

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Sue, blame Laurie for the added leg work to my run. I was also feeling like maybe I wasn't working hard enough. Have a nice walk if you get a chance to do it. I sure turned out to be a nice day. I read my post and it made it seem like my ankle was what was hurting--that was a long time ago. It is actually my knee. I guess I was in a odd sort of way replying to Jill when she said she didn't know chiro's helped knees. Anyway, have a great day everyone.

Karen - I didn't know Chiros helped knees either! :) I still think you're the best one to make the decision on whether to race. Are you trying to stay motivated with your running by racing or do you just enjoy racing? It's been a long time since I've been in a race but I know they are a lot more fun than running by yourself.

Sue

Sue, I am not sure. I don't really like running. I would rather do Cathe. I like the thought of beating my old times but don't like the nervous feeling I have until I race. My knee hurts when I step also and I still do that.

Karen - I strained my patellar tendon a few years ago learning Rhythmic Step (I torqued it on the 6 count mambo) and ever since I have to watch it to make sure I don't do too much high impact cardio. When I do overdo, I find icing and stretching really help. And rest of course. Have you ever seen a doc about your knee?

Forgive me if you've already talked about this. Between kids, work and everything else going on, I sometimes forget what I've read and what I haven't. ;-)

Sue

Sue, no I haven't seen a doctor. I was hoping it would go away. I cant even put one leg in from of the other on stretches because bending hurts it. Is that what yours was like. I am pretty sure I torqued my knee somewhere along the line too. I guess if it doesn't get better soon I will have to see a doctor. I really try not to use doctors unless I am desperate.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.