BUFF BADGERS 9/20-9/24

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

I didn't do anything as far as exercise this weekend. Saturday I slept way to late, and it was get dd13 to her dance class, and then when I got home we left to go to a wedding. Sunday I wasn't feeling great, started getting a stuffy head, and was really cold all day. This morning I still wasn't feeling all that great, but I went downstairs and got in PUB with cardio from Barry's Bootcamp after each body part.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, even if it was wet! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello! My weekend was busy. Saturday I did chores then ran errands. When I got home I put the dog in the van and we went for a 1 hour hike on the trails. Unfortunately, I hurt my knee along the way. It hurt so badly!:( I then remembered that while doing Shred on Friday night, at the end of the 3rd circuit in the 3rd level, my knee was hurting during the rock star jumps. Think I over did it. Sunday the knee felt a little "off" so I did not exercise. Today I will wear my brace when I do Cardio X.

Overall a quiet weekend. Wished I could have read my book more ( Janet Evanovich's new one) but too many chores to do!:(

Laurie, my kids came down with colds over the weekend. DD stayed home from school today. I am now starting to feel it hitting me. It's that time of year I guess! Hope you feel better!

Take care ladies- Susan

Hi,

Been out of commission lately. Sick with one thing or another. Still fighting a cough/achey head. Haven't done a lot of workouts lately.

Laurie and Susan, hope you feel better.

Susan, hope your knee feels ok doing Cardio X.

laurie, nice mixes you are coming up with.

I am going to lay down until I have to pick up people and get supper going.

Have a great day.

Good Morning! I am interested in joining a check in. I just completed a slow and heavy challenge and I was interested in finding an established check in on the forum.

to tell you a little bit about myself----I started doing Cathe in 2002 after doing the FIRM for about 4 years. I was inconsistent with my workouts the last one to two years so I refocused in July and I have been doing very well with my exercising. I am 42 years old and 5 ft. 7. This summer (after vacation) I weighed in at 152 lbs. I am currently down to 144 pounds with good workouts and decent eating. My goal is 140 lbs ( my usual and comfortable adult weight) and improving my upper body.

Sunday was Pyramid Upper Body (entire workout). Monday was cardio blast premix of Drill Max. Today was PUB (down only premix) followed by HiiT 40/20.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind if I join in. Let me know.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yesterday no workout. Hope to get something in today. Am feeling a bit better.

Heartymax, We would love to have another Buff Badger join us. The more the merrier. You are a workout machine. Where do you live? I am in Rice Lake, 1 hour north of Eau Claire.

I am 46 and have 6 kids ranging from 7-19.

Have 2 soccer games tonight. Love soccer.

have a great day.

Last edited:
Morning Ladies,

It is amazing, but I'm feeling totally fine today. Must have been the front coming through, who knows. :eek: Anyway I did 10 Min. Solutions Knockout Body with Jessica Smith, and had a great time with that. Had a great eating day yesterday too, so I'm hoping to stay on a roll here. :D

Susan, Ouch, so sorry to hear about the knee! Please do take care. Hope that you where able to do CardioX also. I know how reading those books goes, I have one that I started last week, and still have not gotten back to it.

Lala, Dang on not feeling well, hope you start feeling better soon.

Karen, So good to hear that you are starting to feel better.

heartymax, Come on in and join us! WTG on getting closer and closer to your goal, then you will be in maintenance. :D Got to love PUB, it sure is a killer on the chest and biceps. :eek: I'm 47 5'8 with still some weight to take off the body. Or should I say the body fat! :rolleyes: Will be working on that by doing P90X/Insanity and STS workouts starting next week. Good workouts you have been doing.

Have a wonderful day!

Laurie - Glad you're feeling better. Hope your roll continues. I'm still waiting for mine to get started. :eek:

Karen - I've been wondering where you were. . . Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like your body needed the rest.

Susan - Those rock star jumps are crazy high impact. I either sub in plyo jacks or do about half as many. My knees just can't take it.

Welcome Heartymax! I'm 46, 5'6" and about 30 pounds to goal. I got down to about 20 pounds to goal but my mom died in February and ever since haven't been able to get back on track. I'm not using that as an excuse. That's just the timing of it. Usually I do fine with the exercise part and it's the eating part I struggle with. Lately, because I've been so tired, it's both I struggle with. Frustrating!

I'm already tired and the week just started! Friday night I did the entire Tonique 1 workout. Had to pause several times but I was determined to finish. Surprisingly, I wasn't too sore the next day. Saturday was DS' football game so had to get up early for that. Was napping on the coach by noon after we got back. Laurie - I wish I could have been like you and slept in. ;) Saturday afternoon I got the housecleaning bug and worked hard for a couple of hours. I had sweat pouring down my face so I called it my workout for the day. On Sunday I did Jillian's new one, Shred with Weights Level 1.

I only have a 15 lb. kettlebell and she recommended 3-8 lbs. so I started with a dumbell instead. That was too easy so I switched over the my kb and got a decent workout in. (I switched back to the 8 lb db for the rotating jump squats though.) You work your shoulders, back and the legs a little but mainly it's more core and cardio training. The Level 2 workout has pushups so more strength training in that. I'm a real kb novice so I watched the tutorial first. I thought Jillian did a decent job with this workout. Can't really compare it to other kb workouts since all I have is the dvd that came with my kb. I know some complain about Jillian's form and I watched the youtube video of the guy who specifically complained about Jillian's form on swings and she looked like she was doing it right so maybe her form has improved. I see this as a good add-on workout or to finish off the week when you already had some heavier weight training in and want to do a little more. I'll let you know how I like Level 2 when I try that.

Yesterday I did 2 Leslie miles. Nothing yet today. Been fighting so much fatigue lately. It would really help to call in sick and just sleep the entire day but I have too much work to do that.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I love the name Buff Badgers by the way. I am so looking forward to "buffing" up the upper body a bit which a huge goal for me right now.

I look forward to checking in with you all and thanks again.

Hello,Hello!!:D Failed to post yesterday. No computer time for me, too busy helping DD with her homework. For my workout I did No More Trouble Zones in honor of the Biggest Loser Premier.:) My shoulders are always sore after that workout! Today I will be doing Cathe's MMA Kickbox!

Hi Heartymax! Glad you joined us! I am 5'6", almost 43 years old and about 10 pounds from goal. My thyroid went out of whack and ever since the weight is harder and harder to get off. But, I shall not give up!

Laurie, my knee was better wearing the brace during CardioX. I did not wear it for NMTZ yesterday but will put it on for cardio today. DH is grumpy cause he swears I am going to need new knees before I am 50!

Sue, thanks for the info on Jillian's new dvd. I do think I am going to get it. It'll be an excuse to finally get a kettlebell!:p

Hi Karen! Glad you are feeling better! How did those games go??

Have a great day ladies! Stay strong!

Susan

Morning All,

Today was Cardio & Weights, and that was fun. ;) Yoga tomorrow, and you are all making me want to work out with Jillian. Just might have to pull out NMTZ! :eek: Have not done that one in a while, and it would probably be fun before I start my next rotation. Another day of good eating! :) I'm ending my day with decaf green tea and an herbal tea mix, and that really does help fight those cravings after dinner is consumed. ;)

Sue, Sorry to hear that you are so tired. The Jillian workouts sounds interesting, but I don't think that I will be getting it. I think that her new 6-pack ab workout will be a keeper though. It is sounding a lot like Shock Cardio - Cardio Core Circuit, which is one that I really like.

heartymax, Welcome!

Susan, Hopefully you will not need knee replacement. My mom had bone on bone, when she finally got her knees replaced. She loves her new knees alot. :eek: Did TBL start up! I didn't know, have not been watching that show for a couple of years.

Have a wonderful day!

Susan - I hope your knees are okay. Watch out for those Surrenders in NMTZ. I don't know how your knees feel but mine are relieved when that move is over! At least you can still help DD with her homework. DD15 is taking Algebra II this year and she asked a question the other night. I just stared at her blankly and she got the idea.

Laurie - Biggest Loser started last night but I missed it! Setup the downstairs DVR which the kids have taken over to record but one of them cancelled it! :mad: Of course they won't admit to this but at least they know now not to do it again! Maybe they'll re-run it. I had a good eating day yesterday, too! :D I like diet hot cocoa with 25 calories for a nighttime "keep away the cravings" treat.

Feeling not so tired today. Went to bed at 9:00 and that helped. Did Tonique 1 up to the mat work last night. I don't get as sore as I used to from this workout but it still gases me out just as much. IMO this workout is just as much a cardio w/o as a leg w/o. This morning I did PUB Pyramid Up without the abs. I know the exercises on this workout so well I didn't even put in the dvd! I had VH1 on in the background instead so listened to music videos and did my own counting. :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Once again a busy week...but don´t we all! Monday night we had meet and greet so I basically was in school 13 hours...am still recuperating!

Last weekend I did some running and this week am finishing week 4 of 4DS...I will miss it because I really like giving myself a day off on Weds!

Susan, sorry to hear about your knee. Does the wrap take care of it? Mine bothers me every once in a while and I try to remember to do the exercises from my PT

Karen, hope you are feeling better

Laurie, must have been a 24 hour bug??? Glad that tea is doing the trick!

Sue, For feeling tired, you sure are getting good workouts in...but I know how you feel!

Welcome heartymax! Guess I am the vieja of this group. I am 53 (soon to be 54) and have been dedicated to Cathe for...many years!!! I am also the shortest! Just sent our youngest (of 3) to college so am dealing with the empty nest...and so far I don´t like it:(

Lala - I had to google vieja since I never took Spanish and if you are an old woman then I'm Paris Hilton. (Heaven forbid)

Hi,

Yesterday I did both segments of circuit burn. It was just ok. Today I did BM2 until the upper when my dvd player froze--again. I put in PUB and did the up premix including part of the abs until I couldn't hold myself up anymore.

Lala, how far have you been running. I haven't run in ages. How tall are you cause I am only 5ft. 5.

Sue, I missed BL to watch my kids play soccer. So worth it although I love that show. DS14 scored a goal. Great job on Tonique. I agree it is definitely a cardio workout as well as a leg workout.

Laurie, when are you starting you next rotation? You can do Jillian's yoga tomorrow.:D

Susan, I did MMA kickbox for the first time last week and I really liked it and thought it was an awesome workout. How was BL? I think you will really love kettlebells. They work everything in a short amount of time and really tone up everything also. The varsity won 1-0 the first time they beat Eau Claire North ever and JV won 3-0. Go Warriors.:)

Hi Heartymax.

Off to take the kids to soccer practice and pick up DD13 from football. It was early release today so the kids were home for awhile this afternoon.

Have a wonderful night.

Hey everyone, I actually got myself a Facebook account. You should have all gotten a friend request.

Laurie

Funny! I was just looking at that and wondering "who is this? She seems familiar!":D Now I shall "accept" your request!:p

Hi Everyone! This morning was Leaner Legs and oh my----what an awesome lower body workout. I purchased CTX when it was on sale a few weeks ago so I did this workout for the first time today.

Susan--I definitely hope your knee feels better soon. I am not a fan of kickboxing DVD's but some days I choose that as my cardio so give my knees a break from all the stepping.

I have heard a lot about Jillian's workout but have never seen one of them.

Hello ladies! Today is P90X Back and Biceps. I think so anyway, can't remember what I wrote down!:p Knee is doing better. I still feel a twinge when I go down or up stairs but over all it's doing better. Will continue to brace it during workouts though.

Last night I watched the preview of Cathe's MMA Boxing and think I'll be getting this one too. I have to say no one in my family will play the Wii Boxing game with me cause I beat them every time! :eek: Cathe has taught me well! Don't know what it is but I love boxing, kick boxing, all that stuff!

Sue, BL was good, but everyone had a very sad story to tell. They were all pretty heavy. Smallest woman was about 270 and smallest man was maybe 350. They have a long road ahead of them.

Karen, way to go on those soccer games! Woo Hoo!!:eek: Been thinking of doing a couch to 10k program. I like to run in the Fall, Winter and Spring, when it's cooler out.

HeartyMax, Yes, Leaner Legs is a tough one. Precisely why I do not do that very often! LOL!:D

Hi Lala! Glad to see you again!

HI Laurie, how are ya doin' on Facebook?

Have a good day all!

stay strong- Susan

Morning All,

Today is my yoga day so I chose Yoga Zone Flexibility and Stress Relief. This one is a little bit more intermediate, but Alan Finger's give some good form pointers. Kind of like a refresher course on how to stretch properly. ;)

Sue, I'm always glad when those surrenders are done in NMTZ. I like the exercise, but it really is hard going up and down like that. I have Tonique on my schedule for Saturday, so on Sunday morning I will be like an old lady durning church! :eek: WTG on doing PUB from memory.

Lala, Old Lady! NOT :D Sorry to hear that the empty nest is so hard, I really am not looking forward to that time. :( My sisters oldest dd is off to college, and she is posting on her facebook that she loves her mom. I'm guessing she is a little lonely too. ;)

Karen, Hey I didn't look at your post before I decided on the yoga, but then again I don't think that Jillian yoga would have appealed to me this morning. I'm going for the Jillian factor tomorrow with NMTZ. WTG on going to fatigue, and like Sue making the workout work for you. Glad to hear that the sports are going so well, is this for your ds's? True confessions, I got on facebook because I was forced to! :eek: My next rotation is starting on Monday, and it will be P90X/Insanity and STS. The group is a facebook invite, so you can see why I had to be forced to join. :p :D :D :D

heartymax, Leaner Legs has gotten another name of Meaner Legs, has to be those Sit-n-Stands. :eek: Have you tried any of the other CTX workouts? I'm a huge kickboxing fan, then plyo. Step and Hi/Lo are down at the bottom of my list, even though I do enjoy them occasionally. ;) Do you have Exercise TV On Demand, you can probably see some of Jillian's workouts on there.

Susan, That is why I posted on this thread that I had friended all of you. Didn't think that you would realize what my last name is. :eek: Are you doing a P90X round, or just inserting them periodically. MMA Boxing is a great workout, and I like using my weighted gloves for this one. Glad to hear that your knee is getting better. FB is interesting, the best part is I found one of my HS friends on there. She lives in OR, so it will be nice to reconnect with her.

Have a great day!

Hi

Today I did Tonique. What more is there to say.:eek:

Laurie, I'll have to check to see how you were forced to join FB. Either way, glad you are there too. I like your choice of yoga better anyway. All the sports right now are for the 3 boys.

Susan, glad you knee is feeling a bit better. I wish I would like to run like I did for awhile. Maybe if I was in better shape it would be more fun. Just seems like a lot of work as of late. I hope I get to see BL next week. I think there is another soccer game though. I'll have to have you fill me in until soccer is over.

heartymax, Almost did LL today. I am not fond of barbell work anymore, it hurts my neck and elbows.:( I remember it being a great workout. It would be fun to go back and try it again and see if it is harder or easier than a long time ago.

Sue, wish I had PUB memorized so I could do the whole thing. It freezes unless I do the up premix. Have you ever done the matwork on the Tonique? The abwork was hard for me today.

Lala, hope you are having fun with the 4DS.

Have to watch DS 13 football game tonight in the rain. burr!!!

Enjoy your day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.