Buff Badgers 9/15

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be MIS and a stretch. Saturday will be a ride on the bike (I see that it's not suppose to rain), Sunday is a 4 mile run (this one will probably be on the treadmill).

Got a call from my little sister. Hopefully, I will be picking my niece up from daycare today, because my sister is in labor. :D She is still in the early stages, but she is hoping that a little baby boy will be here soon. This will be nephew #3, doesn't sound like much, but when you consider I have 11 nieces we are very excited about a boy!

Jill, I'm not that far away from Motions. I've considered going there also. They are putting in a fitness center at work here, and it is suppose to be around or less than $18 a month. They won't have extensive equipment, but I'm thinking if they have different machines I would like to try them out.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning Laurie and those to follow. Happy Friday!

LOL @ being excited for a nephew. We have mostly boys in our family, so I can relate! I remember when my sister finally had a girl, I was so excited and went kind of nuts buying pink baby clothes. :)

I don't think I'll be exercising today. I seem to be on an every other day pattern. That's okay I guess, it's better than nothing. I have a really busy day at work and football game tonight. I also need to start painting some tables. The wood tables in my living room don't look right, so I'm going to paint them black.
000_0039.jpg

I'm not looking forward to it; it will be a lot of work. But I could't sell them with the rest of what I sold and don't want to just give them to Goodwill. They are solid oak and too expensive to just replace. Wish me luck!! They just look to orangish with the darker walls, and I have other accent pieces that are black. I'm doing an Oriental thing somewhat, and think black will look good.

HAGD!
Jill

Good Morning BB's.

Laurie, great to get a little boy nephew. It is neat that you are so close to her so you can help her out.

Today will be 4 mile trail run and stretch. Tomorrow will be Muscle Max and I will probably take off Sunday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Laurie - let us know more about your new nephew.

Jill - when are you going to try Motion? I will be anxious to hear your thoughts. It isn't that far for me either - maybe 6 miles. WAC is the most convenient with 3 locations close to us and working downstairs from the one. THey just opened the new location in Glendale and I think they are spreading out their instructors so they cut back on the classes.

Sue - I posted late yesterday. DH heard Thursday (last week) that they aren't moving his group to SC. I was going to post TH night but then the computer went out. Fixed now - something loose inside but we still needed to call Dell which took a few days to get to because of our anniversary.

This morning was Redefining Abs. A VFer sent it to me to check out. Very different but not sure I am going to feel this that much.

This weekend will be quieter. Shopping tomorrow morning and hope to find a few fall things for work.

How about a get together before Thanksgiving? We haven't seen Jill in ages!

You don't WANT to see me! I'm so fat! LOL. Okay not hideous or anything, but I'm up for a dinner as long as I can pick some low carb stuff up. Which isn't that difficult. No alcohol-now that's the hard part! LOL. Actually it's just NO alcohol for the first part, then minimal.
Not sure when I will try Motions. Someone is supposed to call me to arrange a tour (aka sales pitch) and a free week pass. I'm sure I'll love it. It's not even a matter of the cost, which I'm sure is at leats $50 a month. It's more a question of will I commit to going there when it's a 20 minute drive one way. I know that doesn't sound bad to most of you, but I'm such a homebody! I work from home most of the time, and it's really turned me into a hermit. LOL. Sort of. I really wish I could have kept my Bally's membership, but I let it expire because it's even farther. The closest one is Southridge, about half an hour away.

Oh Marie, guess what! My bosu is busted! I went to get it out the other day and the bubble part is completely separated from the base. I'm so bummed! I don't know if I can fix it or not. I think I'll have to let the air out and see what can be done. It's really odd-it's just completely two pieces now. :(

Morning Karen! Enjoy your run today!

Jill - sorry to hear about the Bosu. You might want to check on VF about fixing it.

What about the Brookfield Ballys? I just got a thing from them to reinstate my membership. Only $8 a month so I porbably will.

In that case NO ONE should see me either!!!

Brookfield is actually much further than Southridge for me. I went to the bluemound one once to see what it was like, and it took me about 40 minutes to get home. Plus I'd be going during rush hour traffic. :( I got a card asking me to come back, too, but I just can't. I know I'm never going to move closer to one and I doubt they're going to build one out here.

Although ya never know, we have Super Walmart and Home Depot in Mukwonago now. It's growing a lot!

Jill, I like your room redone. It looks nice. I gave my bosu to my mom a while ago before all the new bosu videos started coming out and I don't have the heart to ask for it back. I probably wouldn't use it that much anyway. I seem to be stuck on step. I used to live off of Howell Ave. by the airport 7 years ago now. I got married in Oak Creek and worked in Greendale for a long time. My brother and wife still live in Waukesha.

Hi to Marie, Susan and Sue and any others I might have forgotten.

Had an ok run on the trails today. It still took me 31 min to run 3.3 miles. Tomorrow is flag football practice and a soccer tournament. My husband is also riding mountain bike in the Shewamagon 40. What a weekend. Have good workouts.

Thanks Karen! I've worked really hard and pretty much overhauled the entire first floor of my house in less than 6 weeks. Here are some pictures. I had my house for sale for 4.5 months and it didn't sell, so I decided to take it off the market. I now have a new house basically, and didn't have to move!

BEFORE:
000_0116.jpg

AFTER:
000_0571.jpg

Family room before-you can kind of see it. Blue with LOTS of lighthouses everywhere, which I grew to hate lol
000_0500.jpg

Family room after: (that's a clock with a mirror face on the mantle-hard to tell)-all new decor, new carpeting
000_0045.jpg

Laundry room, painted gold and had cabinets put in. Before it was a rubber coated wire shelf so everything was visible:
000_0029.jpg

1/2 bath-darn! I don't have a before picture. But it was mauvy/pink, with a border in the middle. I didn't want to deal with the border so I painted over it and everyone thinks it looks cool. I love it
000_0030.jpg

Hallway to garage-1/2 bath is on right, laundry on left. You can sort of see---wood flooring put in and painted the door from white to brown, and colorwashed the walls.
000_0033.jpg

living/dining room before:
000_0117.jpg

The "after" is posted above---still need to finish decorating and have wood flooring put in and I hadn't hung the curtains yet, but you get the idea. What a difference, huh? Went from sort of countryish/lighthouse to modern. :)

NOW YOU CAN ALL SEE WHY I'VE BEEN SO SCARCE! I DID ALL THIS MYSELF EXCEPT THE FLOORING, IN ABOUT 5 WEEKS. :)

A couple more---this shows the new lights. I have all new lighting and all new door handles. I went from shiny brass to brushed nickel, including lever handles on the doors (which I installed myself lol)

000_0595-1.jpg

And this is the cool kitchen table I'm waiting for, should be in in the next week:

D233-15_G.jpg

Even got a new foyer light, and outside lights.
000_0596.jpg

The table is slate and super heavy, but it's really neat.

I still have lots to do. I'm picking up a new sink this weekend, a black granite/matte one. I can't afford to replace the counters and think a dark sink will look good.

I have to paint all those oak tables black, finish hanging some pictures, find a slipcover for a chair, paint a few decor items that are brass..........eesh. It never ends!

THANKS FOR LETTING ME HOG THE THREAD!

Jill, WOW!!! It's beautiful. It is a lot brighter. You did a great job. It does look like a new house. You have been one busy lady. Thanks for sharing. I love looking at remodeling pictures. The table looks heavy. I like it.

Thanks Karen. I'm glad you don't mind me being a post hog. :) It has been a LOT of hours and a lot of hard work. I was sooo sick of shopping for things. I still need to buy a few more things, but the major expenditures are over, thank goodness. The guy putting my wood flooring in can't do it until November, which is good cuz I can save up the money for it, since I blew my budget already on what's done. I also spent a LOT of time watching HGTV and reading on their website. So much helpful information. The table is super heavy and that's a good thing. My youngest likes to shake the table and it's really irritating. Hopefully he won't be able to move this one!

Jill - Have you ever tried selling anything on Craig's List? We've sold some furniture that way that was also too good to donate. As a matter of fact, we're also trying to selling a coffee table - end table, too, on CL right now. Someone's coming over next week to take a look.

Sue

Hi, everyone!

Quick checkin because I have to get back to work. Did MIS this morning. Laurie - Great minds must think alike! ;-)

Marie - Yeah! I'm glad you're not moving! A get-together sounds good but I'm too fat, too. :+

Sue

Sue, I actually have my Yamaha scooter listed on there right now. Maybe I should put these on. The thing is, they're really nice but in brand new condition. But still used, so who's going to want to pay any real money for them?

Well I'm picking up my niece from daycare. My sister hasn't had the baby yet, but her DH says "she's working on it" :D Had to laugh at that one. And he left a simple car seat for me. So glad about that one.

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.