Buff Badgers 9/14

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be a 3 Mile Interval Run.

Karen, You are one busy mother with 6 children. I have always been impressed with my Mom, she raised 7 of us. And we all turned out to be decent humans. :D You might want to try some interval running to increase your speeds. That helped me to increase my times.

DD13 is back in swiming. She went to her first practice last night. As we where walking to the building she made the comment "you can smell the chlorine". And she had the biggest smile on her face. :D After practice she pulled out the gold cap for being one of the fastest swimmers, and she said that it felt good to be back in the pool. Well this will be money well spent, I'm thinking. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning Badgers!

Thanks for missing me, girls! I'm so sorry I haven't been posting consistently. I am pretty much done with what I can do on the lower level of my house (I'm having wood floors put in by someone else). Hopefully I'll be able to post every day again now. And then it will be tax season soon. :(

I'm starting low carb today. And exercise. I haven't exercised consistently this whole year and am basically starting over from where I was almost 3 years ago. *sigh* But I know I can do it. I need to lose about 35 pounds. Ouch. But I lost 30 pounds in 4 months in 2004, so I know I can do it. Keeping it off is the problem, as so many people know. But I can't worry about that now; I have to concentrate on losing and getting healthy first.

Karen, wow! Six kids! I bet everyone reacts that way lol. Sorry. It's just that I only have 2 and feel like I barely keep up most of the time. And you find time to exercise. Like Sue said, that puts the no time excuse to rest. My "excuse" isn't so much time as it is lack of energy. Unfortunately, I'm not one that feels more energetic when I'm working out daily. I probably should have my iron checked. I've had trouble with low iron in the past. I feel tired ALL the time, no matter how much sleep I get. And my job is very stressful, so that doesn't help.

So today is day one of no sugar or flour for me. I am going to be strict about no carbs for at least one week. Today will be fine. By tomorrow sometime I'll start feeling cranky. Luckily I have a football game to go to tomorrow night to keep me busy.

Wish me luck ladies!!
JIll
PS Did Marie get her new car? Does she love it?

Hi BBs,
Busy week so finally checking in before you all begin to wonder what happened to me.

Jill - yes I got my new car and love it. It is a 2007 Black Ford Focus SES. I am really excited about the heated seats not that I want it to be cold enough to use them. How did Nutrisystems go? I am still doing WWs but in a slump in everything. Hoping to be out of it soon. Maybe have them check your TSH too to see if your thyroid is working OK. That was a major symptom for me.

My exercise has been sporadic but working on being more consistent with the morning workouts and starting to add some evening ones too. Pulled a Tae Bo (Ripped) out this morning. Started Jazzercise last week and liked it. Didn't go this Tuesday night because of the rain. We were in the heavy rain area - 4.5 inches. I was soaked and didn't feel like getting soaked again.

I noticed some new Badgers have joined us. Welcome! What part of WI?

Cathe's Blog is interesting to read. What a great idea to keep us informed. I am anxious to learn more about the pre-mixes. And anxious for the workouts after these too so glad to see that Cathe seemed to make it through these injury free.

Good Morning,

Today I did HSA and abs from Boot Camp. I live 1 hour north of Eau Claire in Rice Lake. I homeschool my oldest- she has Down Syndrom and I didn't care for the system up here. The rest except my 3 year old is in public school for the first time this year.

Laurie, It is neat your daughter likes swimming. It sounds like she is very good at it. I am trying to find something my 14 yr. old girl will like. She is not involved in any sports and would rather read than do anything else. I don't know if I could finish the 3 miles if I tried sprints. My intention yesterday was to add sprints in and I just couldn't muster up enough energy.

Jill, How old are your children? It sounds like you have everything planned out. I know you can do it. You must have some motivation to give up carbs and sugar. Also, when I wasn't taking my multi, I felt tired all the time. When I started taking them regularly, I felt much better. But since you have had problems with iron it probably be a good idea to get that checked.

Marie, I was wondering about Jazzercise. Is it like high-low to jazzerier music? I have heard of it but never knew exactly what it consisted of. You must be a member of a club or is it just a class you take somewhere else. I guess I am out of the loop as to the location of everyone else.

Have good workouts. Hi to anyone else that follows.

Marie, I'm glad you love your car! The heated seats are great, I have them, too. :) Unfortunately I burned out on Nutrisystems after 2 months. I lost weight, but I got so sick of microwaving every meal. Yuck. And now I have almost a whole month's worth of food! I'm going to try to sell it on ebay. I so wish I could join a gym and go to classes. I really miss classes, especially step. But the only gym near me has nothing during the day, just early morning and at night, and that won't work with my kid schedule. I can't leave Travis home alone and Taylor doesn't get home from football until at least 7pm. He's not playing basketball this year, so maybe I could do it after football.

Karen, my boys are almost 14 and almost 17. They have birthdays 9/21 and 10/31. My younger one, Travis is ADHD/autistic, so I have some challenges in addition to just being a mom of "normal" kids. I'm divorced and frankly, appreciate the breaks. My ex and I get along well and have 50/50 custody, so I get every other weekend to myself. I went to college in Eau Claire and made frequent trips to the cities with my friends from MN. Beautiful area of the state. :) I will have to start taking a multi along with extra pottasium now that I'm doing the low carb thing again. Maybe that will help. I'm sure overloading on sugar isn't helpful either!

Karen - Jazzercise is high-low but not too dancey. I got most of the routines the first time. My classes are held at a church - the franchise owner rents the space. Go to www.jazzercise.com and you can see if there is a location near you.

Jill - Motion has quite a bit during the day but that is a drive for you. I like my home workouts but really need the occasional class. Maybe you could eat the food from Nutrisystems but spread it out.

Marie, I actually took a tour there. What a fabulous facility! Is that where you go? Or DO you still go to the Turbo classes? It's just a little too far, about 20 minutes. I couldn't really sneak there for a class during the day-I'd be gone from work too long. I just need to start doing my videos. I will probably wait until Monday or so to start doing more than the TM walking I've been doing. I am really determined to do the LC eating thing since it worked so well for me before. But I know the first few days I will be feeling kind of crabby and tired.

Marie - Still haven't tried the Turbokick class yet. It started last Thursday night and DH was gone and tonight I have a professional user group meeting. And now Survivor's starting up again and I can't miss that! ;-) Will have to record it like I'm doing tonight. Any more news on your DH's job moving to North Carolina?

Jill - If I had a freezer I'd be interested in trying your NutriSystem food. All we have is the refrigerator one. Want to mail the meals to me every day? ha ha I'm sure you'll find someone who'll want them.

Laurie - Glad to hear your DD is so excited about swimming. Tae Kwon Do is starting up again for my kids so I'm glad they'll be getting some activity again. And they're also excited so that's good.

Karen - I'm with you on the interval running! ;-) After the 1st interval I'd probably end up walking the rest of way! LOL Maybe I should try doing it as an add-on after a shorter weight workout. Hmmm. . . that's an idea.

Speaking of running, I did 6 miles this morning. :) I won't tell you what my time though.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Sue

http://www.mukwonagoathleticclub.com/

Never mind-the link didn't work.
That's the schedule for the club near me. Nothing before 8am that I'm interested in. And I just don't think I'd faithfully go to classes after 6pm. The problem is that Trav takes the bus. He is at my house, or my ex brings him over in the morning, and the bus comes at 8am. Then it brings him back at 4pm, but on my ex's nights, he doesn't get here to pick him up until 5pm or later. *sigh*

I was just looking at Motion's schedule. There are classes there that I would like to go to almost every day. Marie, do you belong there? I'm wondering what the terms are. I don't want to have to sign up for a year and then realize after 2 months I'm not going to go enough.

ETA I filled the online form out, to get a free week. Can't hurt. If only I could drag my fat ass out of bed for 5:30am classes. That would be perfect lol.

Sue, please tell me your time. Will it make me feel better? I might just try intervals after a muscle workout. Thanks. It can't hurt. I don't think I could even do 6 miles. I did four the other day and didn't think I could do any more.

Okay I'll tell you. It took 1 hr. 14 min. ! :eek: But there is one thing and it's kind of embarassing but I had to stop after lap 3 (each lap is 1.5 miles around my house) and go to the bathroom! So I guess if you deduct that time it was really only 1 hr. 10 min.

Sue

Sue, you didn't make me feel better. That's just a bit over 10 min. mile for that distance. I think it's good. But then again I struggle to 10 min. mile for 3 miles. I say good job.

Hello Ladies!

Karen, my in-laws own a cabin outside Rice Lake in Mikana, on Red Cedar Lake. We love going there about 4 times a summer! I do my shopping at the Marketplace actually!

I am one of 6 kids and always thought I'd have at least 12 of my own! Then I knocked it down to 6 then ended up with 2. My 2 are keeping my busy enough right now!

Last night I did Bootcamp for the first time in a long time! Those squat thrust climbers just don't get any easier!!! I was surprised I wasn't sore this morning. I bet DOMS are just waiting to hit me!

Today in Pilates for an hour.I am looking forward to stretching all out!

Stay strong! Susan

Susan, That is really neat that you come to Rice Lake area. Actually, now we shop at Super Walmart instead of Marketplace. I only stop there for specials now. Actually you are only about 10 min from my house when you are visiting in Mikana. Do you think Bootcamp is harder than HSA? I just did HSA today and I was thinking the whole time Bootcamp was easier. Maybe just a bad day. Where do you fall in your family in the age category? I can see how two would keep you just as busy.

I do not have HSA so to me Bootcamp is just tough! But I love it!

I am the baby of the 6 kids. I being 38, 4 brothers 40,44,46,47, my sister is the oldest at 48. I must admit I loved being "the baby". However sometimes it's hard for those big siblings to remember I am grown up now!

I love the Mikana area. We might be going up in early Ocober to see the fall colors and help close up the cabin. Susan

Hi BBs,
So Many posts!

Sue - I forgot to tell everyone. DH heard late last week that we are staying here. Only the other purchasing area will be moving.

He found out the day the computer at home went out and then didn't get it working until Sunday. Friday was our anniversary.

Jill - I belong to WAC but put the membership on hold for now and am waiting to see what they do about the turbokick classes. I talked to Motion and they just hired someone who is Tk certified so might be offering classes. I am keeping an eye out for what happens and then will decide what to do. But for now the jazzercise is filling the class need.

More pre-mixes listed! They put in more than they thought - which is great news.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.