BUFF BADGERS 9/13-9/17

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

I didn't do anything this weekend! My Saturday started out with sleeping late ;), girls wanting me to make them breakfast :rolleyes:, DD17 needing help with making Puppy Chow and Krumble Bar Tooties for her bf :rolleyes:, cleaning up the dishes :p and then making lunch. :eek: After that DH and I sat on the couch watching Westerns on TV, and then the race. Sunday was church, and pretty much me watching football for the rest of the day. :D If was for me the perfect weekend. Of course that is probably the last time that will be the agenda for a weekend.

This morning I started out with Leaner Legs, and inserted two of the cardio exercises from Bootcamp after each set of calf raises. That was a fun way to mix up that workout.

Hope everyone had a great weekend,

Last edited:
Laurie - What a nice change of pace for you to have a relaxing weekend like that. Saturday morning was the perfect weather for baking with the drizzly, rainy weather we had. I was outside watching a football game but would have preferred making Puppy Chow and Krumble Bar Tooties (which I'm sure are equally yummy to the chow). Great workout combo this morning! Sounds fun.

Trying to get back on track. I took 4 rest days last week and it wasn't because my body needed rest - I'm just too darn busy! Honestly, I could have fit in something on a few of those nights but I need my down time, too. I'm going to work on getting to bed earlier so I can workout in the morning for at least 30 min. September and October are always super busy months for me because of DS' football and DD' marching band. On top of it, DD got a part in the school play so she has Mon-Thurs after school. And CF (religion class) starts up in a couple of weeks. One thing after another. . . Oh, well. Before I know it they'll be off to college and then I won't know what to do with my time.

Now that I have all that off my chest, here's how my weekend went:
Saturday - DS football game and then laundry and cleaning house
Sunday - KCM Cardio Blast Plyo + PUB pyramid up premix (skip abs)
Monday - PUB abs + PLB standing legwork + Tonique - 3 of the lunge exercises

I want to continue doing Tonique regularly but really felt I needed some weighted leg work this morning so did PLB. Got the new Jillian Michaels strength workout on Saturday but haven't even looked at it yet. This is the one you can do with Kettlebells or dumbbells. I only have a 15 kb so will probably stick with db mostly.

Hi to Susan, Karen and Lala!

Hi. I´m back after my week rest...felt good! Was in MN for the weekend and we had beautiful weather. Sunday was a 5K with my SIL. fun!

Today was 4DS HIS. Tomorrow probably LIS.

Laurie...nice weekend!! Really, you sure do deserve this!

Sue, Sounds like a busy weekend. and yeah, those college days come too soon (for the check book, too :( )

Morning BB's,

Today was another mish-mosh workout. Did CTX 10-10-10, and inserted CTX weight work after each 10 min. section. So I also did CTX Back, Chest & Shoulders.

Sue, Isn't it funny how all the activities that our kids have make our lives hectic too. :D The best thing about DD17 driving is the fact that I don't need to run to the school after work. The time really does go quickly, can't believe that mine will graduate this spring. :eek:

Lala, Glad you had a good time in MN and enjoyed your 5k, and now you start back with 4DS workouts. Really do enjoy those. I'm not ready for the check book to feel the pain yet! :(

Have a great day!

HI ladies! Sorry didn't post yesterday, too darn busy!:confused: I did do Core Synergistics on Monday and today is supposed to be Bootcamp. I say "supposed" to be cause I have a lot of stuff on my plate today and don't know at what time I'll squeeze it in. :(

My weekend was so-so. Saturday was raining and we also went and watched our friends girls cheer-lead for football, then they came and spent the afternoon. After they left I took Ruby for a 1 hour hike. Sunday was a chore day. Yesterday, since I didn't have to work, I was able to get my workout in plus I mowed the lawn and did yard work.

Sue, let me know what you think of Jillian's new dvd. I have not bought it yet, but was thinking about it since I wrote up a new rotation with Cathe, Tony and Jillian.

Laurie, I want a weekend like that one!!!:eek: So glad you enjoyed it!

Sue, I too need to get up earlier to squeeze something more in. It's so hard to try and do after school!

HI Lala! Glad you had fun in MN!

Hi Karen!

Take care all- Susan

Hi all! today was 4DS LIS, minus the calves due to time constraints :(

Susan, sounds like you made up for any missed workout with your Monday!
My lawn needs to be mowed, but I am so busy, I hope it can wait til the weekend!

Laurie, I like your mish mosh. How long of a workout was it?

Hi Sue, Hi Karen!

Morning BB's,

Another CTX 10-10-10 mish mosh, but this time after each 10 min. cardio segment I inserted the CTX Biceps, Triceps and Abs. I'm ready for some yoga tomorrow.

Susan, Where you able to get in BC? Here ya on the busy day, yesterday was crazy for me too. Got to the hairdresser, and while DD13 was getting her hair cut I raced to the town hall to vote. :D Don't know if I would have gotten to vote otherwise, so I'm glad I took the time.

Lala, I think that we all need to have someone come to our houses, just to do all the yard work. :eek: I know that DH and I will have to get outside this next weekend for some cleaning up. :( The CTX 10-10-10 mish moshes where about 65 min. and the Leaner Legs was about the same time frame. One thing that was very useful was having the weight worksheets in front of me, so that I had my weights prepared beforehand.

Have a great day!

Susan - I haven't tried the new Jillian workout yet. I want to do Tonique tomorrow so won't do Jillian's until Saturday or Sunday. I'll let you know how I like it.

Laurie - DD starts Drivers Ed in November.:eek: She could actually start behind the wheel in October but because of Marching Band we pushed both the classroom and behind the wheel out. I wish I had signed her up to take the classroom over the summer. Thought she had to wait for 15 1/2 for that part, too but you don't. Oops! I like your mish-mosh circuits using CTX. May have to give that a try sometime.

Lala - Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the college expenses but hope DD gets lots of scholarship money to help pay.

Didn't get up yesterday morning like I wanted to but I did do KCM Step Plyo Blast premix (41 min.) last night. I just wanted to sit on my butt all night and watch tv but I made myself go workout and I'm glad I did. This morning I did PUB pyramid up but skipped the abs. I'll do those either tonight or later this week.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
HI there! Nope, I did not do BC on Tuesday.:( May move it to the weekend. Yesterday I did BFBM. Hadn't done it in a while and was surprised that I felt I was stronger than the last time I did it. Cathe must have increased my cardio endurance!:D Tonight is to be P90X Legs and AB Ripper.

I bought the kids a Wii finally. My friend at work sold me hers. She had bought it a year ago for her DD's B-day. Well, she only played about 3 times over the past year! Glad I have it now. Hope to get the Wii Fit program for Christmas. :)

Have a good day ladies! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today was yoga day so I did PY4H Daily Dose of Bliss, and it felt great.

We received DD17's Senior picture proofs, and it is going to be really hard to pick. I think that we have narrowed down what picture will be in the yearbook, but there are just to many that turned out really well. The packages that this place offered are really not bad for what you get, so I'm thinking that we may have picked the right place. :D

Sue, WTG on getting that workout done. We waited on the drivers ed to, and I think that just makes the kid a little more mature when they finally get their licsense. Is she taking classes at school or through a outside service?

Susan, Congrats on getting the Wii, that should be a lot of fun. I know my girls play with it once in a while. My girls love the program Cooking Mama, and of course Mario Cart (I think that is what it is called) :eek: The oldest enjoy's the shooting games that I got for DH. :D

Have a wonderful day!

Morning BB's,

Today was Imax 2 with Bootcamp weight work inserted after each cardio blast. Sure was a fun way to break up the cardio in Imax 2.

Nothing very exciting happening with us this weekend, DD17 has a cross country meet on Saturday, and DD13 has her first dance class. Othewise it will be clean up of the yard.

Have a wonderful day!

Laurie - Drivers Ed is held after school (3-5 p.m.) but they use the school classrooms and meet there for behind the wheel. I love the idea of inserting weight work between Imax2 intervals. Gives me more of a chance to catch my breath! :p :D

Well, I "lazed" out again last night. Don't think that's a word but I'm sure you get my drift. ;) This morning I did 1 1/2 miles of Leslie. Tonight I'll have the house to myself so plan on doing Tonique. Tomorrow is DS' football game and a bridal shower on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

HI there! Better late than never I suppose! Yesterday I did Shred 1,2,3. Today is Step Works. Tomorrow is Pilates. Had a very busy week and need to figure out a different plan. Well, I really need to get up earlier is all! Easier said than done!:)

No big plans today. Clean, put up Fall decorations, do some shopping. Tomorrow is just making a batch of chili and watching the Packers!:D

Have a great weekend everyone!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.