BUFF BADGERS 9/10-9/14

susanz

Cathlete
Hello ladies! I hope all of you had nice weekends!

I went to my friends bridal shower. It was fun. There were people there I had not seen in a long time! Sunday was quiet, just watched the Packers! Saturdays workout only amounted to a 40mn walk in the morning. Sunday I went for a 50mn walk and did pilates.

Today is Legs/Glutes followed by 30mn on the elliptical. I also walked this morning.

Looks like cooler temps are here for a while! I am so ready for fall!

Take care- Susan

Morning,

Today I am doing Power Hour and High Intensity Step.

My DS13 is sick now. I looks like DD16 is coming down with it too. I hope it does not hit us all, it is a nasty one.

DS11 took 2nd place and DS9 took 3rd place.

Susan, sounds like the shower was fun. You are definitely making the most of the walking weather. Today sounds like a tough workout. My legs would be fried. You say you are ready for fall but are you ready for what comes shortly after?

Laurie, how did DD do in her cross country meet? It was a nice day to be outside.

Sue, Just for the record, after reading your post in open discussion, you look fit and great by the way. Way to go on the high kicking and push ups in your Tae Kwan Do class.

HOpe you all had a great weekend.

Have a good day.

Karen, I am sorry to hear your other children are getting sick too! I hope you don't catch it!

Congrats to the boys! Way to go!:D

Yes, I am ready for winter. I like spring/summer but I love fall/winter! Maybe its because I'm a January baby?

Hope your family feels better soon! Take care - Susan

Morning BB's,

Today is PS Back & Biceps / BBC Butt & Leg Cardio

As you can see I didn't get my workout in yesterday. I was nursing a exhausted hummingbird. Yup, the poor thing had been in our garage all day. I was thankful to the internet. I found that I could give it sugar water at 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. The little tongue of a hummingbird is a very strange thing to see. :) I was spoon feeding this thing, and put a warm towel into a box. I could see more improvement in the bird when I took it into the house. It was getting quite chilly outside. The bird was testing its wings and at that point I brought bird and box outside. It flew up and into the bushes by our garage. I got it out of the bushes and it flew into the trees. I hope that it lives a long and happy life. :)

DD14 didn't run with the Varsity. They only ran 8 girls, so DD and another girl (who is usually on the Varsity) ran JV. At first she was bummed, but I told her that she could help the JV get a really good placement. She came in at 17:50 vs. 18:05 from previous week and came in 12th place. So she did really well.

Karen, I am hoping that this virsus that has hit your family goes away quickly.

Susan, Sounds like you had a great time at the shower. You are hitting those legs really well today.

Sue, I will have to check out the OD.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - Sorry to hear about DD13 and DD16 getting sick now.:-( Hope they don't miss too much school. Seems my kids always have so much homework to makeup when they miss and they only give them an extra day to do which stinks because they're usually not back to 100% yet. Is DD4 feeling better now at least? High five to DS11 & DS9 on their wins!

Thanks for the compliment, Karen.:) I know I need to lose weight though and would feel better about myself if I did. I feel uncomfortable at the weight I'm at right now.

Laurie - I finally did my Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio tape. Not bad for $2.99.:7 (My Hobo bargain.) I'll keep this one as an easier, short cardio. Now I want to try other Billy workouts. Do you have the amped ones? They look interesting. Did your DDs help you with the hummingbird? How nice of you to care for it! I used to have a parakeet so I know how funny the tongues look (assuming they look pretty close). DD14 just keeps getting better and better with her running. Tell her I'm jealous.;-)

Susan - Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Always fun to see old friends. I have to admit I'm very bad at staying in contact with people. Sounds like you have a great workout planned for today. Don't think I'd be able to do anything after L&G.:eek:

I did StretchMax on Friday night, rested on Saturday, did Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio + Gilad Fat Burning Workout on Sunday. This morning was CTX Upper.

Does anyone else get bad DOMS from KPC? Every time I do the squat/roundhouse combo my inner thighs are screaming the next day. That's how my thighs felt on Saturday. Better today.

Sue

Hello BB's!

Karen, I hope your children are on the mend today.

Laurie & Sue, I too have been considering getting a couple Tae Bo workouts. I did them when they first came out and then I set them aside.

Today is KPC for me! Sue,sometimes I get DOMS from this and sometimes I don't. I made my own rotation combining Cathe's Circuit City with her Aug.'04 rotation Body Fat/Leg Shaping. It's kind of a Circuit training/leg shaping thing. We'll see how it goes!

I do have a little bit of DOMS from yesterdays workout though!;-)

Stay strong- Susan

Hi BB's,

Today I am doing KPC and abs.

I sent DS13 back to school today with a sorethroat and cough. DD16 didn't want to miss so she went too. My DH seems to be coming down with it also. He is sleeping in hoping to recover by rest.

Laurie, your DD did great shaving that much time off her old time. Glad you could save the hummingbird. They are so cute. I can't believe how fast their little wings go.

Sue, I get doms from KPC, especially if I don't do it weekly. I guess our body really does adapt to the same workouts if we keep them the same.

Susan, sounds like you came up with a good rotation. It's fun making up your own if you have some guidelines. I think Fitnessfreak gives generic rotations for different things which I seem to make my own off of.

Have an enjoyable day.

Morning BB's,

Workout: PS Legs Standing / Sara Ivanhoe's Yoga on the Ball

Nothing but homework last night for the girls. :) I was helping multiply fractions, and helping with story problems. Helping oldest brought back the fun time I had in Algebra. Of course DD said I was crazy. :7 :7

Karen, Hope everyone recovers soon. You are right, hummingbirds wings do go very fast. It was a total suprise to all of us to see one laying on the ground. And it was talking to us too. I didn't even know that they could chirp that loud. :D

Susan, Let us know how your current rotation goes. You have been doing some great workouts.

Sue, I have all the Tae Bo Advanced Live. Of course these are only on VHS and hard to come by. The next ones I love are the Ripped ones. You can get these on one DVD for pretty cheap. I really didn't enjoy any of the bootcamp. Of the recent ones the Celebrity Sculpt is good, and I have yet to try the Cardio one. I am thinking of getting the Amped, because I have seen good reviews on it. Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - I guess I have to do KPC more often. I always have fun doing it but it's not as easy as say a Turbo Jam so I sometimes take the easy route. I like Fitnessfreak's rotations, too.

Laurie - I loved Algebra, too - especially story problems. Don't know how much I remember though. Thanks so much for the info on Tae Bo! I saved it so I can figure out which Tae Bo to get next.:)

Susan - That name "Circuit City" for a rotation cracks me up! Have fun with your new rotation.

Last night I did planks and abs from CTX Kickbox. This morning was Kelly's Step Kickbox cardio only. Tonight is Dojo (Tae Kwan Do). I hope we do some punching and kicking drills with the "clapper pads" (for lack of a better term) instead of sparring. You can't hit your parter (well, you're not supposed to) but you can hit the pads as hard as you want. }( Good stress reliever!

Sue

Good morning everyone! No workout this morning. Hurt my foot last night at Dojo. We were kicking bags and the guy at the next bag was too close so we kicked each other instead. I think I sprained or possibly broke some toes. I know they don't do anything for broken toes so I'll give it a few days.:-( x( :-(

Hope everyone appreciates their toes today and has good workouts! :)

Sue

Ouch Sue! :( I hope there's nothing broken! Take care of those toesies!

Today is Muscle Endurance for me. I am a bit sore after KPC and the L&G from previous. My hamstrings are hurting! I'll push through! Did any of you watch Biggest Loser? I am a huge Kim Lyons fan and do not like Jillian Michaels. Should be interesting this year!

Have a great day! Susan

Hi BB's,

Sue, I am so sorry that you hurt your foot. I can't even imagine how much that hurt. I hope they are not broken and heal fast. Are you able to walk? How do you even get shoes on?

Susan, yes I watched Biggest Loser. I like the guy trainer the best. It looks like it will be a fun season to watch. That's about the only show I watch each week.

Laurie, how are you liking your new rotation? Do you think the Tae Bo's are to fast paced. I can't move my fast twitch muscles that quickly.

Today I am doing NYC.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning BB's,

Workout today is PS Chest, Shoulders, Triceps / Sara Ivanhoe's Yoga Buns & Thighs.

Sue, OUCH! So sorry to hear about your toes. I hope they heal fast. Did the guy get injured also? Can't help the fact that I want him to be hurting as much as your are! }( Take care of yourself.

Susan, Yep I watch Biggest Loser last night also. I acutally know a guy that was the nutritionist on that show. He said the trainers where getting mad at him, because the contestants where only losing a couple of pounds in a week. Of course he was like, that is the healthy way to lose weight. They want the big numbers so they get the drama. I really like the old dude. He is actually in pretty good shape for his age. He beat all those younger players. The only thing I don't understand, is why Bob was happy that the girl was throwing up. But again drama TV.

Karen, So far I like the rotation, it has good variety. But we will see how it goes as I get into the rotation. As far as the Tae Bo, I think I am used to the fast paced kicks. After not doing his workouts for a while, I did feel it in my legs.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Thanks guys for your concern. It's feeling better than this morning and much better than last night. I think it just needs some time to heal. The ironic thing is that I was really excited about kicking and punching the bag last night since we hadn't done that yet. At least when they move to their new location (which is soon), the room will be much bigger so less of a chance for collisions like this.:)

Karen - No swelling so getting my shoes on wasn't a problem. My one and only Tae Bo tape is not too fast (Tae Bo Cardio).

Laurie - You're funny. :+ Yeah, the other guy was hurting, too but he did stay and take the advanced class. He was a young guy though - 18 or so. I just wanted to go home and cry (just kidding) or at least ice my foot (which I did). I don't think DH even knew how bad it was since he was on the other side of the room. Then he had to go back to work last night so didn't get a chance to talk to him after class. It wasn't until he came home and found me with a bag of frozen veggies on my foot that he realized how much I hurt my foot.

I agree about the puking thing on Biggest Loser. I happen to catch this part while channel surfing last night and was surprised. I thought Bob was supposed to be the "nice" trainer. I don't watch BL on a regular basis though.

Susan - Hope you make it thru ME today. Everyone says Jillian is mean but someone on OD forum was recommending her beginning dvd set saying they weren't for beginners only and you could heavy up the weights.

Happy Hump Day!

Sue

Morning BB's,

This check-in was on page two. :D

Same workout as yesterday, because we ended up getting a dog from the Wisconsin Humane Society yesterday. DH and I went there before he went to work. The girls and I went right after DD14 was done with Xcountry practice. We all fell in love with Cameron. She is a German Shepherd mix (just can't figure out what she is mixed with) She has a lot of the GS in her. Had one accident in the house, and really is good in her crate all night long. She just is not happy going out on a lead in our back yard. I think she must have been an outside dog at some point in her life. You could hear sirens last night, and she started to howl! We all had a laugh at that one. We may have to put up a temp fence so that at least she gets in the habbit of doing her business where she is suppose to. She doesn't seem to have had any training, but she is very smart. That goes with the GS breed. When we first met her she would pull on the leash, and I went walking with her this morning and by the end of the walk she was a pro!

Sue, Hope you toes are feeling even better today. Are you going to be doing weight workouts while your foot recoups?

Susan, I think that Sue needs to invest in an elliptical! :D :D With the foot injury and everything! :D What do you think?

Karen, Hope all is well in your house today, and no one else has come down with that nasty virus.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - How is your family feeling these days? Hope you don't get sick.

Laurie - You got your dog! How exciting. :) Cameron sounds like she's going to be a great dog for you once you get her trained. I want pictures! Was it HAWS by the Waukesha Expo Center where you got her? That's where we got our cats. Now you can take her for walks like Susan does with her dog. :) An elliptical would be GREAT but DH said we have to finish the downstairs first and seeing as how we've been working on it now for 2+ years, I don't know how soon that will be.

Actually, my foot is feeling almost back to normal today. You guys are going to think I'm a big fat liar about my toes but they DID really hurt Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Yesterday they just started feeling better by the hour. I'm glad because I did really break my pinkie toe once and it took a few weeks for it to feel better.

Susan - Which Tae Bos do you have? Can you tell I'm on a Tae Bo kick these days? ;-)

This morning I did 49 min. of CIA Powerbar 2102(?) with Allison and Shannon. I'll finish the rest tonight or tomorrow night. I'm going to try Dojo tonight and if my foot starts to hurt I'll sit out.

Sue

Hi,

Today I did Imax 1. I think the blasts in this one are harder than the other Imaxes.

Laurie, congrats on finding Cameron. It sounds like there is a little work to do with him but he is a fast learner. How old is he?

Sue, glad to hear your foot is feeling better. Have fun at Dojo. Stay away from other people tonight.

Susan hi, and hope you are enjoying your one body part a day still.

The weather is looking not so good right now. I have to take DS11 to hunters safety tonight. DD15 is trying out for a musical at HS. DS11 and DS9 started flag football and DD15 sings the National Anthem on Friday before the HS football game.

Have a wonderful day.

Hi ladies!

Sue, glad to hear the foot is feeling better! I used to have the first set of Tae Boes then I traded them off for something, can't remember what!So now I don't have any but am thinking about it. I keep looking at Collage Video but can't make up my mind!

Laurie, congrats on the new addition to the family! How fun! I hope you all have a great time with her!

Karen, is DD15 excited about singing? I would be petrified at that age! That must be an honor to sing there!

Today was the elliptical for 30 followed by PS Legs. Karen, I have switched to a different rotation now. I liked the one body part per day but now I am focusing on shaping the "bottom half" and reducing the body fat. I've lost 12 pounds over the past 6 weeks so I am happy! Now I need to shape up a few areas!;-)

Stay well- Susan

Morning all,

Today I am doing muscle max and christi hi/lo from her cardio collectibles. Tomorrow I will run to CC#, tough on the road, I tried it last Sat., it blew me away but ended up going 5 miles with it. Sunday will be Absolute kickbox and combat drills.

Susan, congrats on the weight loss. Was it from the building muscle from one body part a day and the elliptical or did you loose some before you started the one part a day. Are you guys coming to the cabin up this way this year or didn't you even open it?

Sue, how are your foot and back. Did you have a pain free Dojo last night? How are you doing getting to work earlier?

Laurie, do you have any great plans, maybe a date now that the faire is done with? Does DD14 have a meet tomorrow. Wish her good luck. I hope she gets to race Varsity.

Have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.