BUFF BADGERS 8/9 - 8/13

shakeubooty

Cathlete
Happy Monday everyone!

Had a nice, relaxing weekend. Did my chores and errands and then went to the mall. Lots of Back to School sales so clothes on sale. Ended up getting a new dress for 50% off (only $30!) for my nephew's wedding in October. Wasn't planning on shopping for clothes but when I saw the sale decided to look and before I knew it was trying on a bunch of dresses! Rented "The Proposal" from RedBox and the 1st 3 episodes of "The Tudors".

Got some good workouts in, too. On Friday I did LIC. Saturday was Best of Gilad Bodies in Motion on VHS (a real blast from the past) and Mission Possible Step. Yesterday was PS-CST and Mission Possible Hi/Lo.

Hello there! My weekend was nice, hot, but nice!:D Saturday I got myself way too busy running errands and doing housework so I used it as my off day. Sunday I did the elliptical for 45mn (intervals) and X-Stretch(from P90x). Today I did Jillian's BFBM. Looks like it's going to be one hot week here too! Not looking forward to it!

Sue, sounds like you had a nice, quiet weekend! I told the kids this Friday we are heading out early and doing all our back-to-school shopping! I am sure I'll be tired after that! DH is taking DS to the PGA golf championship on Sunday so I think I am going to see if DD will go see Eat,Pray,Love with me...

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great night!

Susan

Hi,

Today I did STS disk 26 bi/shoulders/tri and Insanity abs. Nothing over the weekend.

Sue, my mom and dad ended up forgetting the tickets at home so had to pay when they got there again.:eek: It is always nice to find a deal when you are not expecting it. Now you are ahead of schedule. You sure got some good workouts in over the weekend.

Susan, I am with you on not looking forward to this hot weather continuing. I don't mind the heat as much as the humidity. I still have my back to school shopping to do too. My mom and dad bought some things for the kids when they were visiting.

The boys are having 2 hour practices twice a day for tryouts for HS soccer.:eek::rolleyes:

Have a great day.

Karen - Oh, no! :eek: about the tickets. I hope they can find someone who can use them. It goes thru this weekend. DS has 2 hour practices for football Mon-Fri. He gets sore and tired by the end of the week.

Speaking of sore and tired - actually just tired - I'm taking a rest day today and will hit it tomorrow with a leg workout. Thinking of either Tonique or PS-Legs. Yeah, I know they're totally different workouts and Tonique would be better for me, but it's hard to psych myself up at 5 a.m. for such a tough workout.

Goodnight!

Good morning! This past weekend we went to the Packer Family Day...what fun! Celebrating DH 50th (last Feb) and DD22 (yesterday). Had a great time!

Sun did Drill Max...I forgot how much I love this one! Sun. is usually my rest day, but tomorrow bright and early DH, DS, and I leave to drive DS to VA where he is starting law school, so exercise will be on the back burner for a few days.
Yesterday was 40/20...hope to one day get through that without modifications or rest.

Those running men always get me on the first leg and the butt kicks!

Today my plan is cardio circuit (Cathe´s new one) I think that´s what it´s called.

Sue, Is The Proposal with Sandra bullock and she goes to Alaska? I love that movie! I hate to think about BTS shopping :(

Susan, good workouts, as usual! I mowed yesterday in this heat, but I don´t complain because I really love it! Especially after all the rain we´ve had. It was too hot to run yesterday, though, even in the morning.

Karen, Will you be biking today? that soccer practice has to be hard in this heat, but coaches are usually pretty careful about that stuff.

Have a great week if I don´t post for a while!

Good Morning,

Today I am going on our Tue. night bike ride. Was going to do BBL High//Tight but have to wait until my sons friend goes home.

Sue, which workout did you pick? Hope you got some of your energy back for today. Still getting up at 5:00. Way to go!

Have a good day all. Wondering if it will rain out our bike ride again. Strange weather we have been having here. Really stormy.

Lala, glad you enjoyed your time celebrating birthdays and seeing the Packers. Have a safe trip. You are really doing some high intensity workouts. Drillmax has a dread factor for me, don't know why cause the music is awesome. Are you doing Cardio Core Circuit or Circuit Blast. Both fun workouts. CCC is probably harder than 40/20. I was really sucking wind on this one. Thankfully for the abs inbetween.

Last edited:
Morning BB's,

Yesterday was me catching up with the paperwork here at work. Have a pile of invoices that I need to get through today, but those will have to wait. :D Really enjoyed our time with my parents, we got there on Monday and went to my Aunts farm. The girls got to nuzzle with the horses, and I think that DD17 and Billy (the horse) are best friends. That horse is like a huge dog! :eek: Tuesday was a bit warm so we went to the lake to go swimming. Wednesday was just a lazy day, and I spent the day reading. Thursday we went to Copper Falls State Park, and that had to be the most beautiful day spent hiking and walking through the pine trees. We left on Friday morning, and had a nice drive back home. We had to go to the vet to get doggie downers before we left though, she just was horrible from the very start of our trip. :rolleyes:

So I go away and then Cathe does an announcement! They look like some good workouts. I think that I'm most interested in the STS Total Body and Intensity. Was thinking of getting PH on DVD, but maybe this new one will fit the bill. So I guess I will probably order all four. :rolleyes:

Workout this morning was Hiit Double Wave Pyramid and 4DS Chest and Back.

Sue, So what leg workout did you decide to do? Either of those are toughies. ;) WTG on getting such a deal on the dress.

Susan, I'm hoping the heat goes away by the weekend, much better for us. :eek: Hope the PGA tournament is a good time for you DH & DS on Sunday, that should be a good time.

Karen, Those soccer tryouts have to be tough in this heat, hope they do well.

Lala, So cool about the family weekend, that had to be fun. I think that 40/20 is that hardest of the Hiit workouts. I'm sucking wind on that one all the time. :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Hello! Today was the elliptical (random) and pilates ring dvd. DH wanted me to mow, but I told him "maybe tomorrow!". Grass hasn't really grown this week since we haven't really had any rain.

Sue, you deserve a day off! Hope you relax a bit!:D

Karen, I saw on the news it was supposed to rain up there tonight. Hope you get your bike ride in before it starts!:)

Lala,saw the pics you put on Facebook from the weekend. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Glad it didn't rain on the Packers like they thought it might!

Laurie, what a great week you had! I would LOVE to see that horse. I love horses. DH is afraid of them and whenever he sees me going up to pet one, is always afraid they're going to bite my arm off!:confused:

This afternoon I have to go pick up my new dishwasher. DH is installing it. Let's hope that goes smoothly! Something tells me, it won't!:eek:

Have a good day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today was Athletic Step (no cooldown/stretch), and 4DS Shoulders, Calves & Core.

Susan, Wonderful workouts. You probably would have loved Billy, and such a nice gentle horse. He is a Mustang so is a direct desendant of the Spanish horses. Very beautiful.

Have a great day!

HI there! Today was KenpoX. Used my weighted gloves and my arms are tired! We had a lot of rain this morning so mowing has to wait until tomorrow. Hope to be out there bright and early to beat the heat. As though that's possible lately!

Thinking about writing up my next rotation. Planning on using some of Cathe's oldies. Problem is I like them all! Hard to choose!

Well, dishwasher is not totally hooked up yet. Dh told me to be pacient! I told him he has until Thursday....;)

Have a great day!

Morning BB's,

Today is yoga day so I spent some time with my pal Tony doing One on One Fountain of Youth. :D

Susan, Glad that KenpoX was a goodie for you. Did that lawn get mowed? Another hot day today, so stay cool. Have fun creating that new rotation. Did your dishwasher get installed? We need to get a new dishwasher too. :(

Have a wonderful day!

Hey there! Today I mowed the lawn! Boy was that HOT! Glad that is done. I am also doing Yoga Meltdown 1 & 2.

DH got home late last night from work so he did not get the dishwasher ready yet. Said he had to go to Menard's for a a part today too. Crossing fingers it will be done tonight!

Laurie, do you like the Tony One on One's? I have looked at them but don't know if I would or not....

Stay cool and have a good night!

Susan

Lala - Yep, that's the movie. I'm a big Sandra Bullock fan so I knew I'd like it.

Laurie - I think High Reps is the one that's supposed to be like Power Hour - not STS Total Body. I'm wondering if I need to do the 1 rep max tests in order to do STS TB. I really don't want to waste time doing that - would much prefer doing the actual workout. Been debating if I'll get all 4 or not. Knowing me, I probably will. Sounds like you had a great time hiking and nuzzling horses. :)

Karen - Do you know about BBL compares to Tonique?

Susan - You're lucky to have a handy husband. I just got some weighted gloves in the mail yesterday from Walmart (97 cent shipping!) but haven't used them yet. They feel heavier than 1 pound even though it says 1 pound each glove on the box. Lots of punches in KenpoX so I can see how your arms would be tired. I'm going to try them with Turbo Jam.

Didn't get to my leg workout Tuesday night. Just too dang tired. Did Tonique from dvd for the first time last night. (Had been doing the Exercise TV version before). The dvd is MUCH harder! :eek: I did the first 40 min. and decided I better quit if I wanted to walk today. Knee was starting to feel twitchy, too. It was tough but my pants feel like they're hanging on me today so it was worth it. I also did Cardio Max first level workout. Nothing yet today. Planning to do PS-BBA tonight (or at least start it). Tomorrow I'm off to go to State Fair. Saturday is the Packer game - my first one ever! :D

Have a great weekend everyone and STAY COOL!

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Yesterday I went to Eau Claire with some friends and did 4DS chest/back and abs. Today i went for a bike ride with the girls for a short but hilly 12 miles and did GS floorwork legs. Tomorrow will be another bike ride with a couple of the girls that couldn't make it today and a leg workout of some sort.

Sue, I love BBL, no dread factor and i see tighting right away. It's not as hard as Tonique but the results seem to be better. He doesn't rep you to death but changes angles and does such a variety it doesn't get boring or to much at a time. Have fun at the Fair and your first Packer game.

Susan, hope you get your dishwasher in soon. Nice job mowing the lawn in this heat.

Laurie, glad you had a good time on your vacation. Are you liking your rotation? I already ordered all 4 dvds. i just can't pass up Cathe.

Have a wonderful day.

HI there! Today is CardioX for me. But first we are going back-to school shopping. Hope to leave here shortly. I don't want to come home until we have everything crossed off!:p

Sue, I am going to have to look at that Tonique you ladies have been talking about. My 1# gloves feel heavier than they are too. Don't think I'd be able to handle 2#! Have a great time at the Packer game!!

Karen, you sure have been biking a lot! Yeah, DH worked on the dishwasher again last night and said tonight it should be completed. It's being a bigger pain than he expected! Plus the fact that he's working 12 hours days at work than coming home to work on that....

Well, I better go get those kids ready to go!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today's workout was This is TaeBo. He really works the shoulders in this one, so I'm feeling the love right now. Not one that I would try using weighted gloves with. :D Overall it is a good workout, and I'm happy that he is back to the old style TaeBo.

Sue, Yep I meant to say that I thought the new hi rep one would be worth getting that one over the Power Hour. They are suppose to have premixes, so wonder what they will come up with on those. But of course the STS Total Body is the most appealing, and the Intensity. So I may as well get all four. :D I still have not tried the Tonique workout. :confused: Maybe I'm terrified! :D Enjoy you State Fair day, stay as cool as you can today.

Karen, Great workouts again! So far I'm enjoying this rotation, probably because I'm changing up the 30 min. of cardio. Still have to figure out what I will be doing once summer is done. :eek:

Susan, Have fun with that back to school shopping. Glad my girls don't need to many supplies, so nice that they only require pens, pencils, notebooks, and binders. ;) I only have the first 9 of the One on Ones, some of them are very good, and some are BAD! Fountain of Youth is very good, and I would say that you should check out the reviews on the others. I don't like that he does a lot of talking with Mason. :p Right now he is using his One on Ones as test for his new P90X Next workouts.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.